Boeing 777 Disappears Near Vietnam

Big Guy

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports of a witness are on twitter now.

yes I read one account of what appears to be a fireball hitting the ocean. Sounds like a bomb to moi. Again premature

I also agree with what some journalists have speculated and that is that probably by now China or the US or Australia or South Korea or Taiwan knows what happened but they can't let on because they don't want other countries to know their surveillance capabilities.

The sudden release of a Chinese satellite picture of debris was no accident. I believe China wants people to know they are on it but not alarm neighbouring nations as to their satellite capacity.

Edited by Rue

Or maybe the Chinese want to show off the fact that their satellites found the debris before the Americans?

Is that your final answer?

However, I think there was political pressure on the chinese to give up ysatelite photos.

Is this also your final answer?

Why are so many people here so fast to come to a conclusion?

Well, anyways, you're both wrong.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEV7jsUyJT1hIAA.MXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZDBpbXI5BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1394787437/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fktla.com%2f2014%2f03%2f12%2fconfusion-clouds-search-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370%2f/RK=0/RS=Ip2Nj6kqjCtzLHS_ObSVaqMsWH4-

WWWTT

Starting to look like the Keystone Kops are in charge of this investigation. Commentary on TV said the Malaysians do not have the capacity for the search and are not calling in the experts required. I hope the politics do not get involved to completely screw up this search and investigation.

That source is not credible.

Link I provided made detailed facts about air flight, regardless of your opinion

Reports of a witness are on twitter now.

How many witnesses, 20, 30?

And what did they witness? Any actual footage or pictures?

One person seen a freekin fireball?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And that's evidence that the plane was destroyed?!?!?!?!?!?!

Do you know what that guy witnessed?

It's called a U.F.O.!

Unidentified Flying Object!

WWWTT

Starting to look like the Keystone Kops are in charge of this investigation. Commentary on TV said the Malaysians do not have the capacity for the search and are not calling in the experts required. I hope the politics do not get involved to completely screw up this search and investigation.

Please provide the link.

So far nobody has come up with anything in this search.

Keep in mind that the alleged location of the downed plane is a very busy route/shipping lane not difficult to search.

The plane was outfitted with equipment to help in any search, and it is becoming apparent that it was turned off for some reason. Or it malfunctioned?

Another reason could be that the plane went down in a much more distant location where rescue/search teams are not looking.

Another reason is that the plane never crashed at all.

Also there is the possibility of some kind of cover-up by a government or group?

This is what I can think of in regards as to locating the plane, or what's left of it. (where)

And then there's the why.

I think the best way forward is to first answer where before why.

WWWTT

There are just so many question marks here, and there seem to be new ones every day. If the plane decompressed and the crew passed out, that wouldn't shut off the xponders. It also wouldn't cause the plane to turn. Crews are trained to deal with that type of emergency and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to grab your oxy mask and carry on. And the next thing you would do is put out a call. If it was a hijack, why would they crash it after 4 hours of flying? Maybe passengers storming the cockpit. I'm scratching my head, and waiting for what twist or turn tomorrow will bring. I feel so sorry for those who's people were aboard and who must be pretty much drained with still no answers.

There are just so many question marks here, and there seem to be new ones every day. If the plane decompressed and the crew passed out, that wouldn't shut off the xponders. It also wouldn't cause the plane to turn. Crews are trained to deal with that type of emergency and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to grab your oxy mask and carry on. And the next thing you would do is put out a call. If it was a hijack, why would they crash it after 4 hours of flying? Maybe passengers storming the cockpit. I'm scratching my head, and waiting for what twist or turn tomorrow will bring. I feel so sorry for those who's people were aboard and who must be pretty much drained with still no answers.

Why would passengers rush the cockpit, shut off any tracking devices, then ditch the plane??? I seriously doubt that anyone but an experienced pilot of this specific plane or a similar one would even know how to do so. The theory that a 20 yr old Iranian kid is capable is a freekin joke!

Keep in mind there are twelve crew members that would have some means of defence.

Find the plane first, until then these questions could very well be the wrong ones.

I'm wondering how often these tracking devices malfunction. Or do they only malfunction on planes that disappear?

Wait and see what emerges in the next few days I guess.

WWWTT

And here's another detailed link.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVi3o2iJT5lUARoYXFwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByNW1iMWN2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--/RV=2/RE=1394821993/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.cnn.com%2f2014%2f03%2f14%2fworld%2fasia%2fmalaysia-airlines-plane%2findex.html/RK=0/RS=zuJ.E4VHUYrzv2l4szOoh6V.hZY-

Apparently there are now 12 countries involved into this search.

I believe Canada should also send a vessel/aircraft and personal to join into this search!

Any country that has an airline has an interest in finding this flight and resolving for the improvement of commercial flight!

Perhaps send the closest naval vessel Canada has. If something turns up before we get there, then all the better!

China is calling for better co-operation in this search, and I couldn't agree more.

WWWTT

It's not a credible site, though, based on past sensationalism promoting 9/11 conspiracy theories and so on.

I was hoping you would try to explain why you posted a link about a UFO siting from a single individual.

I only care about relevant information at this point that can help narrow the search and is helpful. The site I provided did so! Regardless of your opinion.

You criticized the site I provided for promoting conspiracy theories (one of many sites I should add!), and totally ignored the facts made,then provided a link supporting a UFO siting????

Sounds like you're into over the top conspiracies, UFO's and paranormal stuff.

In fact, if the site was a poster here on MLW you would be breaking forum rules for attacking the poster and not the info.

I don't think that is very helpful.

WWWTT

I was hoping you would try to explain why you posted a link about a UFO siting from a single individual.

The media source is credible. The story contained in it still needs to be verified. That's markedly different than a media source posting things like supernatural causes for the disappearance. The Weekly World News is not a credible source, but the Globe & Mail is - it's that simple.

This is just so obvious that I feel like we're entering into the area of trolling to discuss it.

I believe Canada should also send a vessel/aircraft and personal to join into this search!

Any country that has an airline has an interest in finding this flight and resolving for the improvement of commercial flight!

Perhaps send the closest naval vessel Canada has. If something turns up before we get there, then all the better!

China is calling for better co-operation in this search, and I couldn't agree more.

WWWTT

I'm not sure we have any ships to spare, and the ones we do have may not make the trip.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/navy-blues/

Last month, the destroyer HMCS Algonquin and the supply ship HMCS Protecteur collided during towing manoeuvres on the way to Hawaii. The Navy is now without a destroyer on the West Coast and, in the 10 days it took to repair the Protecteur, the Navy was left without a supply ship. A pair of frigates are dry-docked as they undergo the same modernization as the Winnipeg. The HMCS Chicoutimi, the troubled submarine purchased from the British Royal Navy that caught fire on her voyage to Canada in 2004, is reaching the end of a long period of heavy maintenance. Until she’s ready for deep water, the Navy has but a single operational submarine in the Pacific. Meanwhile, critics say the Navy’s modest Pacific fleet of six Kingston-class coastal defence ships are functionally obsolete.

Reports I've read said that families try to cellphones of their loved one and the cells rang but no answer, so are the cells water proof? They also know that the plane was still flying for 4 hours after it went missing on radar. So. does that mean it was flying under radar and been highjacked and if so, was the pilot in on it OR has crashed on land and not in water and is there a movie being thought about after we find out what happen??

The media source is credible. The story contained in it still needs to be verified. That's markedly different than a media source posting things like supernatural causes for the disappearance. The Weekly World News is not a credible source, but the Globe & Mail is - it's that simple.

This is just so obvious that I feel like we're entering into the area of trolling to discuss it.

Really?

Show me in that link I provided where the writer concludes UFO's abducted the plane then?

Or better yet, did you read the link?

The writer of that article even concludes that the search efforts were in a wrong location. Which seems to be the conclusion of search efforts now since the area has widened and spread out further west! Good link! Useful info!

If there is a troll in this thread, it's obvious who it is!

Let's get back to the thread now.

WWWTT

I'm not sure we have any ships to spare, and the ones we do have may not make the trip.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/navy-blues/

That's a real shame.

Also shows how lame the conservative government is!

Air Canada fly's to several cities within the area (China) and there are two Canadians aboard that plane.

It is the responsibility of the Canadian forces to help Canadians wherever they may be, right there at the top of the list!

The government should be focusing the military in this direction, not some stupid middle eastern war.

Once again Harper has proven his vision of Canada is freekin lame and useless!

WWWTT

Reports I've read said that families try to cellphones of their loved one and the cells rang but no answer, so are the cells water proof? They also know that the plane was still flying for 4 hours after it went missing on radar. So. does that mean it was flying under radar and been highjacked and if so, was the pilot in on it OR has crashed on land and not in water and is there a movie being thought about after we find out what happen??

I believe that there was an explanation made for the cell phone ringing, but not sure if a link is posted in the thread about it.

Apparently the line keeps ringing until connected or something like that.

Starting to look like this plane went on a completely different course, but why???

I hope (not believe) that this plane safely landed and that all on board are safe and in good health.

If the plane crashed, again I hope that all onboard have survived and are in good health!

WWWTT