What improvements would you like to see in this discussion forum?

Greg

Even if that were true (it isn't)...SO WHAT ? There is nothing in this forum's rules that bans "lying"

Ya we noticed. :lol:

Your ill intentions are always very ... noticeable.

Don't you have a life down there in the US of A?

You have to come here all day every day to mock, ridicule, bully, lie, and otherwise behave in a petty, tacky, cowardly and reprehensible manner?

Doesn't matter why really ... the behaviour speaks for itself.

Trolling is as trolling does.

Edited by jacee

Great...this is what this forum needs far less of. Start with squelching this kind of rule breaking behaviour instead of mounting The Great Troll Hunt.

No "hunt" necessary.

The mocker troll identifies himself and his intentions and his lies.

Rule breaking???

You still don't get it do you, unaculturated one!

"Ain't too bright" is an affectionate Canadian reference to snow blindness ... too much brightness ... and buttercups are too bright too... up in the muskeg ... :)

Edited by jacee

It is always a pleasure to point out that this web site is hosted in the US of A. Now we know why.....

bingo! I called it as an improvement earlier on... post #12 in this thread: :lol:

host on a Canadian server... if only to keep the post count down for 'that guy' who continually, over and over and over again, flogs the point that MLW is hosted in the U.S. (USA!, USA!, USA!)

I have no problems with opinion. It and facts are welcomed,lies certainly arent.

In a mature discussion board, you have to prove that what is being said is a lie. Simply saying "it ain't true" isn't worth anything.

You may as well post the sun rises in the west. What good is that? Its not true, it isnt opinion, its a falsehood, a lie and has no business being on here.

REFERENCES! Dig up some references!

Backing claims with irrefutable references is the way to go. A lot of posters here have been stumped when I bring forth irrefutable references that either proved they are lying or what I've said is true. That's one of the reasons I've been categorized as a "troll." If they can't refute you, some posters would like to see you silenced!

That you dont get it is no surprise.

LOL...no you really are thin skinned and insecure.

COntrary to your childish ways, challenges about perceptions and policies is well targetted by many on this forum. Most here do not suffer fools gladly.

A smart ass? Well, you are half right, but continually lying about some things makes one a dumb ass.

Wear it well.

Oh my goodness! :lol:

We're just talking about how juvenile this board had become (and to such low standards it sunk, imho).....and here you are flagrantly backing up my claims with your support in all your prideful glory.

What can I say.....I'm speechless. Thank you.

Edited by betsy

I notice all criticisms of trolling are being directed to an individual....and yet in this page alone, I see two other trollish posts - one borders on flaming - and the other one is an outright flame.

Does any other poster here notice? Or you all prefer to look the other way since the one being trolled and flamed doesn't belong to your "tribe?"

See what I mean? This board had become a farce! You're nothing more than a bunch of retirees or with lots of time in your hands who'd found a comfortable "pub" to shoot the breeze with (and imagine it to be serious discussin'....and you don't welcome anyone who differs from your views).

Face it. You are a clique!

Bleeding heart,

Context my foot!

Here is the proper context.....

What is happening here is ganging up on another member since somehow he rubs most of you the wrong way with his views and his style. You guys are dictating how people should respond, and which member meets your approval. In other words, you sanction flaming members if these members don't meet your criteria on how they should conduct themselves on this board.

See how farcical this is?

No wonder you're down to a handful....and even if you're signing up several new members each day....no one seems to post anything, and if they do they don't last long! Who can blame them?

Edited by betsy

Again...we're talking about consistent trolling, trolling as the reason for being here, and further, one who has openly and gleefully admitted to it....that it, the primary intention being to anger or upset people. (That's it's usually a failed attempt doesn't alter the intent.)

As opposed to people who sometimes engage in behavior that maybe isn't so great...which is most of us.

There is a large difference, both in scale and in what is desired for the general discussions.

And no, the farce here is that your defense is based on your political preferences, not on the style of debate.

And spare me the "ganging up" bit. there are consequences to being a ridicule troll. Ain't life hard.

YOU'RE the one who admonishes us to get a thicker skin, or ignore, or address it how we will.

Evidently this doesn't apply to trolls who admit they are here only to antagonize people....but to everyone else.

Bleeding Heart,

You say "consistent trolling." That's your opinion, and perception.

I got trolled by some of the usual names - I could categorize them as consistent trolls - and yet no one seem to notice that's what they are. Perhaps it's because I'm also one of those you guys surely approved to get trolled and flamed.

"She deserves it," would no doubt be the justifying reason. Your clique here sounds like the mob of the French Revolution. :lol:

Edited by betsy

Yea, but you may well be right about how you have been "trolled"...or maybe not.

As you say, that's your perception.

With the other case, it's not a poster's perception; or three posters' perceptions; it's lots. And lots.

You're also ignoring the fact that he has admitted it.....gleefully. So that's a slight difference too, donchathink?

Bleeding Heart,

My defense is based on common sense. I'm showing you the double standard by those who calls for the suspension and banning of trolls.

There should be no such thing as a troll in a discussion board - and if there is to be a term "troll," - then it's definition shouldn't be "one that is an irritant to others." Everyone has been an irritant at some point to someone.

If you are a mature adult, then you should know enough not to succumb to childish behaviour when someone childishly sticks out his tongue at you.

Thus, the problem lies with the reader if he cannot ignore what he'd consider as trollish behaviours. He's weak.

Or maybe unstable. He easily cracks. He needs to hone his self-discipline.

An analogy I could think of is children.

If a child childishly and impishly becomes an irritant to you....I hope mature adults won't sanction it alright to bash and abuse the child.

It's as simple as that.

Edited by betsy

But you don't believe that "the problem lies with the reader." That is, you think that's true for the people who consider the poster an irritant.....but you don't offer the same advice for the poster himself, when he's being criticized.

You want it both ways--as when you suggest that trolling is fine...and it's totally subjective....even as you claim that you have been trolled yourself.

Aint too bright there huh buttercup?

I have no problems with opinion. It and facts are welcomed,lies certainly arent.

You may as well post the sun rises in the west. What good is that? Its not true, it isnt opinion, its a falsehood, a lie and has no business being on here.

That you dont get it is no surprise.

LOL...no you really are thin skinned and insecure.

COntrary to your childish ways, challenges about perceptions and policies is well targetted by many on this forum. Most here do not suffer fools gladly.

A smart ass? Well, you are half right, but continually lying about some things makes one a dumb ass.

Wear it well.

With responses like this, how exactly is a moderator to deal with the trolling? You want them to address bush_cheney's behaviour, but yo reply with a insult after insult. I get you're at your wits end, but these kinds of posts don't help. It just makes it harder for the mods to do their job.

In a mature discussion board, you have to prove that what is being said is a lie. Simply saying "it ain't true" isn't worth anything.

In fact youre quite right.

However as respects the poster and his constant lying about the CBC, I need no reference the truth is well known.

Not to mention the one making the claim should post up, but that has never happened in this case.

REFERENCES! Dig up some references!

Understand the issue first before yelling please and thank you.

We're just talking about how juvenile this board had become (and to such low standards it sunk, imho).....and here you are flagrantly backing up my claims with your support in all your prideful glory.

What can I say.....I'm speechless. Thank you.

Shouldve said your last line first and dispensed with the rest. You are referencing things you do not understand.

With responses like this, how exactly is a moderator to deal with the trolling?

By dealing with it I suppose.

But they havent, they have left the lies to continue on. So, I said something.

You want them to address bush_cheney's behaviour, but yo reply with a insult after insult. I get you're at your wits end, but these kinds of posts don't help. It just makes it harder for the mods to do their job.

True they dont help.......unless one has an idea they (mods) are now dealing with it.

I dont in all honesty think I have called for anyone to be banned nor suspended.

But if someone keeps up with obvious lies then they should be told.

Not to mention some people are experts on certain matters, I certainly recognize those who do and read and listen to those people and their expertise. However suffering fools gladly in areas where they keep spouting inane bullshit is not in my cards.

here, let me take the high-road and bow out of this thread... by the by, your victim act is so passe!

Yet you haven't left the thread. Not saying you should; just pointing it out.

I have seen a lot of changes in this forum over the last while mainly in the loss of good members. Many of these members were long-time participants and seemed to have constructive, well received contributions. Gaining new membership is important, but saving existing membership and trying to stem the rate of attrition should be given some consideration as well.

I think also perhaps Greg or Charles could reach out to some of these former members to try to bring them back.

The second thing that is likely not helping membership is an apparent lack of respect by certain members toward other members. Debate can get heated sometimes and this is to be expected. I have no problem with the odd response being worded sharply or the odd jab, this can be constructive and stimulate the discussion if it isn't over the top. But when every single response from certain posters comes off as arrogant, condescending, and provocative, I lose interest in participating altogether.

Part of the problem is that the suspension policy is more fickle than biased. I consider most of my posts to be well-researched though some, I'll admit, are sarcastic. I have drawn a thirty-day suspension for a thread I considered sarcastic, about Hugo Chavez. I am baffled by that one and the two (2) day suspension.

While I have not left I come a lot less often than I used to since I worry that any post could draw a suspension for any reason, or no reason at all.

The forum is private property. The owner(s) can suspend as they wish. I don't question that. But if they want my participation and others' participation, it is hard to participate under the risk of suspension.

Bleeding heart,

Context my foot!

Here is the proper context.....

What is happening here is ganging up on another member since somehow he rubs most of you the wrong way with his views and his style. You guys are dictating how people should respond, and which member meets your approval. In other words, you sanction flaming members if these members don't meet your criteria on how they should conduct themselves on this board.

I don't buy your complaints. They sound self-righteous and officious at the same time. You continue to suggest there is nothing wrong with deliberately goading and taunting people, only with those people if they respond. Well, we're not all unemotional robots, and when someone deliberately sets out to make themselves unpleasant that's going to draw a reaction.