Behold,Justin T./liberal hypocrosy in all its glory!

I agree they shouldn't have done it, but if you think for one minute that the other parties don't leak stuff to the press I can sell you some swampland.

See how you said "parties" and not "governments." There's a difference, but your party is trying to eliminate that.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the media give the same amount of coverage to this Liberal connection to a charity that paid Trudeau.

http://childrenofhope.ca/advisors/mark-holland/

I suppose in retrospect, the Conservatives should quit trying to be like the Liberals who actually did the same thing when trying to discredit Charest.

I suppose all is fair is love, war and politics, but maybe if the media laid down it's arms, the gov't would too.

Larry Smith, Conservative senator, says its nobody's business whether he charged charities to speak.

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2013/06/18/sen-larry-smith-wont-disclose-his-speaking-events/

Jaques Demers, Conservative senator charged a charity to speak.

http://blogs.ottawacitizen.com/2013/06/18/literacy-charity-says-it-paid-conservative-senator-jacques-demers-to-speak/

The CPC should not throw stones living in a glass house.

I suppose all is fair is love, war and politics, but maybe if the media laid down it's arms, the gov't would too.

i suppose the best strategy when caught doing wrong is to blame the media. Of course, the media is reporting more on Trudeau's actions than the slimy politicization of the PMO, but why let facts get in the way of a good victimization cry?

I said in the past on this forum, give the Tories enough rope and they would hang themselves and they are doing a good job of it and now they want to take the two opposition leaders down with them. They all need a break and come back in Oct and start all over again when the Wallin expenses will be released and more info on the PMO.

Yes they sure are read the Barrie newspaper about Harper sending an email release about a speech Trudeau gave at Georgian College. They told the paper not to use his name but rather a source. The paper printed the whole thing. On Cityline in Toronto, Kevin Frankish congradulated the newspaper for honest publishing. The College said they invited Trudeau to speak and had no idea of it being for raising money.

The Toronto Star verifies all this.

Some of Harpers strong men supporters are involved in the fiasco in Montreal.

http://txwikinger.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/media-party-spiked-trudeau-speech-story-and-now-go-on-attack-to-defend-him

It turns out that the Liberal shills inside the Ottawa Press Gallery originally had the story that the Grace Foundation charity was asking for a refund from Trudeau and decided not to run it but now that it is out, are in full-damage control mode.

The Media Party started this by Facebook stalking the daughter of one of the board members of this charity who has strong Conservative ties and posting her photo on Twitter and in articles…

gee - quoted from a highly partisan Harper Conservative blogger!

"Media Party"??? Ah yes, that label is starting to show up "everywhere" now! When all else fails, Harper Conservative supporters attack the "liberal media" - that looks like a surefire winner!

What about the facebook stalking of the director's daughter, how many liberals are on the charity's board. What about Liberal shills inside the Ottawa Press Gallery holding the story and deciding not to run it because they didn't want to hurt Trudeau. They are the ones in damage control mode.

you have no proof of that

you have no proof of that.

It amazes me how they think that they, Harper government, can send a so called news release and ask that the paper not say who it came from. Does this government think we are all so stupid that we will buy this junk

No, but the media thinks you are stupid with the crap they write.

No, but the media thinks you are stupid with the crap they write.

I guess the media just takes us all for fools.

There’s a decent commentary here which IMP pretty much sums it up. As he says, common sense should have prevailed.

http://www.canada.com/news/MacDonald+Where+Trudeau+went+wrong/8542428/story.html

As it was said on CBC "power and Politics" all parties do this with the media BUT the difference is the PMO or the government of Canada targeted Justin. Barrie is also a Tory riding. These Tories are down with the sewer rats and one can't go much lower before one enters hell. Oct,9, 2015.

The scandal that is the PMO exposing the JT charity story hasn't seemed to gain traction in the MSM. Well the media I consume anyway.

Gee, that doesn't fit very well with scriblett's delusional fantasy that the media is to blame for everything and the CPC can do no wrong.

Boy the Harperites are sure frightened of Trudeau. There machinations to blacken his name took a supreme turn this morning in the Barrie paper. Talk about mud on their faces.

You can trust Justin Trudeau as much as you can trust Harper. The reason they have mud on their faces is because they are wallowing in it with the rest of the politicians.

I'm suggesting that a year after the fact, CPC operatives in the charity decided to manufacture a scandal to divert attention from fraud in the PMO.

Oh no,Justin T is way to smart for that one!

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

This, another interesting front, as explored by Macleans:

Justin + Unions :
http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/06/19/justin-trudeau-and-unions/

Between 2006 and 2010, Justin Trudeau collected $112,500 from various unions for speaking fees. As a political candidate, it would have been illegal for unions to donate any money to him under federal electoral laws.

So “public speaker Trudeau” can collect large payouts from unions when justified as “speaking fees”, But then Liberal candidate for Papineau and in turn Liberal Member of Parliament for Papineau Justin Trudeau would be breaking election finance laws if he received union money

Of course later:

Trudeau has promised that Liberal Senators will work “hard to try and slow down, block, impede” Bill C-377 and he has promised to repeal it if it becomes law, should he become Prime Minister. At the same time, Trudeau is promising to increase transparency, yet is fighting a bill that would actually have seen unions have to disclose the $112,500 they paid him for his speeches.

Though it’s currently unknown if Mr Trudeau broke or bent any laws, and his actions on the surface don’t necessarily suggest that he has, perhaps in the spirit of recent spending scandals, be they Conservative or Liberal in the Senate or the unpaid taxes of several NDP Members of Parliament, or a Liberal member with undisclosed income in a often described overseas tax shelter, I would feel Elections Canada, and if required the RCMP, should lend further scrutiny to both MP Justin Trudeau’s and Public Speaker Justin Trudeau’s finances………In the name of transparency of course.

Guest Derek L

with pointed emphasis on your quoted reference to Harper Conservative Bill C-377, does your union transparency concern extend to all entities that deduct fees from members?

Sure……political parties, religious groups, charities, advocacy groups, non-profits, publicly traded corporations, Crown Corporations etc ………Let’s blow them all wide open!!!
With that, this thread is on Trudeau, not to say I wouldn’t be a willing participant on a related transparency discussion.
So what say you on the Trudeau/Union Speaking fees as reported by Macleans? Does it merit further investigation in your view?

So what say you on the Trudeau/Union Speaking fees as reported by Macleans? Does it merit further investigation in your view?

you already know the amounts involved... Trudeau openly provided them - he had no obligation to do so. You already know the Liberal Party position on Harper Conservative Bill C-377. What would... you... be looking to come out of, as you say, "further investigation"?

Guest Derek L
Now I’m not certain on when the clock of electoral financial laws would start, be they once a candidate enters his or her name through the local riding association to seek the local nomination or once they’ve won the nomination, but for arguments sake, let’s assume it’s once they’ve won local nomination
*If anyone can add further clarity from Elections Canada, please do so:

http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=pol&document=index&dir=can/forms〈=e

So on the assumption that the clock begins once the candidate win the local nomination, the clock would start for then candidate Justin Trudeau on April 29, 2007.………..Now using the list of Union speaking events compiled by MacLeans:

May 3, 2006 – Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario. $10,000

November 17, 2006 – Alberta Teachers’ Association. $7,500

March 15, 2007 – Alberta Teachers’ Association. $10,000<

May 4, 2007 – New Brunswick Teachers’ Association. $10,000

October 24, 2007 – Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation. $10,000

February 4, 2008 – Canadian Association of Food Service Professionals. $10,000

February 9, 2008 – Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association. $10,000

March 5, 2010 – Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union. $20,000

November 6, 2009 – Waterloo Catholic District School Board. $15,000

February 9, 2007 – Ottawa Carlton District School Board. $10,000

That would change the total of speaking events at various Unions, well Mr Trudeau was directly affiliated with the Liberal Party of Canada, to 6 disclosed events over the course of several years…….I would assume Elections Canada, with the aide of the RCMP if required, could easily investigate these 6 events, looking for such mundane things as the content of the night’s speaking event or something simple as attendance.

I’m certain it will be an interesting look into Public Speaker Justin Trudeau’s past(?) career.

Guest Derek L

you already know the amounts involved... Trudeau openly provided them - he had no obligation to do so. You already know the Liberal Party position on Harper Conservative Bill C-377. What would... you... be looking to come out of, as you say, "further investigation"?

The very same thing that you would be looking to come out, if a hypothetical Conservative member of Parliament, also employed as a professional “public speaker” had have earned money well speaking to/at/with/maybe even listening to “Big Oil”.

At the very least, would this not further strengthen the self proclaimed dogma professed by Mr Trudeau……You know, transparency.