Problems using quote feature

Guest American Woman

• Forum Admin

Ok, I will investigate this issue more thoroughly.

However, if you encounter any further issues (unrelated to the quoting), please start a new thread in the Support forums - that way I won't overlook any bugs.

I will update this thread when I have a solution.

Thanks!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I will investigate this issue more thoroughly.

However, if you encounter any further issues (unrelated to the quoting), please start a new thread in the Support forums - that way I won't overlook any bugs.

I will update this thread when I have a solution.

Thanks!

Ok - I restarted my browser. This looks much better.

No problem, thanks for pointing this issue out.

I cleared the forum cache, and it now looks like the quoting feature is working again.

Please confirm!

Also, if you see any new issues crop up, please post a note in the support forum.

Just testing my quotes. I cleared my Firefox cache and it works better now. I get the quote boxes so I can edit now. Before a quote would just appear with no box or time/date and just be indented so it was hard to edit. Seems good so far for me, though it looks a bit different is all.

Cleared caches, restarted browsers, tried all browser types. New quote system still sucks badly.

The quote box does appear, but trying to make any edits inside it (such as trimming someone's quote to only quote the section you are replying to, or splitting it into multiple quotes) is horribly glitchy and prone to result in problems such as deleting the quote box.

Guest American Woman

Cleared caches, restarted browsers, tried all browser types. New quote system still sucks badly.

The quote box does appear, but trying to make any edits inside it (such as trimming someone's quote to only quote the section you are replying to, or splitting it into multiple quotes) is horribly glitchy and prone to result in problems such as deleting the quote box.

Ditto.

Ok - that's a different issue then. The 'new' quote feature is different, but it does work.

I just did it by using CTRL C / CTRL V. It seems usable, and easier to deal then than BB code.

Well I could have worded that better!!

Anyways even going to the code part and making a reply, the formatting gets all messed up. This style of quoting is used on a couple other sites I am on, and it's a pain in the ass to work with most of the time. Preferred to see the actually quote tags. I have done several long posts today only to ditch them completely based on how the quoting works now. Got too frustrated with it.

Guest American Woman

Anyways even going to the code part and making a reply, the formatting gets all messed up. This style of quoting is used on a couple other sites I am on, and it's a pain in the ass to work with most of the time. Preferred to see the actually quote tags. I have done several long posts today only to ditch them completely based on how the quoting works now. Got too frustrated with it.

Ditto re: ditching responses due to frustration. To say it's a major pain is putting it mildly. I can't even edit the quote in this post to limit it to what I want to quote without changing the format. Annoying, to say the least.

Also, what's happened to the little box that used to be in the upper left corner of the quotes. Once you posted your reply, you could click on it and it would take you back to the original post so you could continue reading on from there. Now I have to go back to the page I was on and find my place again..

Any ETA on a fix to make quoting not suck? I've basically given up on trying to trim quotes, either quote everything or not at all, too much chance of mangling the whole reply otherwise.

In the meantime, just click the toggle that is above the "B" button that bolds the text. It disables the GUI in the text editor and allows you to truncate quotations.

Any ETA on a fix to make quoting not suck? I've basically given up on trying to trim quotes, either quote everything or not at all, too much chance of mangling the whole reply otherwise.

See Cyber's workaround. I think that's all you need, also I don't think you should assume that changes will be made based on posts made in this section of the forums.

I'm having problems recently with the quote. Not only that, twice when I edit, I've been told that, "I've been posting more image than I'm allowed." It won't let me edit my post. What "image" does it mean??? I've only had one smiley on one post, and one on the other!

I had that problem too. Apparently you can't have smiley in posts anymore...

Edited by Sleipnir

Guest American Woman

See Cyber's workaround. I think that's all you need, also I don't think you should assume that changes will be made based on posts made in this section of the forums.

As has been already pointed out, going back and forth between the formats results in problems/errors* - and it's necessary to go back and forth because his workaround also disables all of the tools.

*It's very frustrating and time consuming to have to go back and fix all of the errors that crop up.