Problems using quote feature

Guest American Woman

Guest American Woman

The quote feature isn't working correctly for me. Anyone else having problems with it? It won't configure correctly when using Google Chrome and it doesn't have the 'arrow' going back to the original post in either Google Chrome or Firefox on recent posts.

Edited by American Woman

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

When I quote something , it indents the whole thing instead of showing the quote tags. Might be part of that upgrade Greg was informing us of last week.

That doesn't happen when using Fire Fox, and sometimes using Google Chrome my response would be incorporated into the quote box.

• Forum Admin

No problem, thanks for pointing this issue out.

I cleared the forum cache, and it now looks like the quoting feature is working again.

Please confirm!

Also, if you see any new issues crop up, please post a note in the support forum.

Guest American Woman

No problem, thanks for pointing this issue out.

I cleared the forum cache, and it now looks like the quoting feature is working again.

Please confirm!

Also, if you see any new issues crop up, please post a note in the support forum.

I'm still having the same issues, though I see my response isn't incorporated into the quote area any more. The quote box is still not configuring on Google Chrome, though, and the 'back' arrow in the quote box is still missing on both Google Chrome and Firefox.

Guest American Woman

Hmm, it's fine on my end in both Chrome and FF in Mac.

Please clear your cache, and restart your browser. See if that helps.

ok, I did that, and the quote box is configuring now, but I'm still not getting the "back" arrow on the top left hand corner of the quote box.

Please confirm!

This a test to confirm whether or not Greg pressed the right button when fixing whatever had to be fixed.

Looks good to me, except attempts to crop out some statements in the quote seems to delete the entire quote...but that may be me.

Guest American Woman

This a test to confirm whether or not Greg pressed the right button when fixing whatever had to be fixed.

Looks good to me, except attempts to crop out some statements in the quote seems to delete the entire quote...but that may be me.

So are you getting the back button on quotes?

Guest American Woman

its now over there ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Ah, yes.... it most certainly is! Why didn't I see that? tongue.png Thank you.

The new quote mechanism in the WYSIWYG editor is a bit of a pain in the backside, given the forum rules. You can't easily truncate posts because it actually embeds the image of the quote box into the editor. In order to trim the quoted material, you literally need to turn off WYSIWYG with the toggle int he top left corner above the button for bold text.