Is Israel about to start another Gaza carnage?

Hudson Jones

You complain about 250 mill from one source to the Palestinians, while the US is throwing billions at Israel?

The US isn't "throwing billions" at Israel. Israel isn't a welfare state. When a dozen rockets try to impact on Israel and Iron Dome bags them ALL, the US gets to share in that ability.

And how safe is this safe port in the Med? Heads up!!!

Ask BC-2004...I believe he had liberty in Tel Aviv.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Personally I really don't care either way anymore. This conflict has been going on for decades and is not going to stop anytime soon. So whatever, I say arm them both equally, let them have at each other until only one is standing. I might place bets on this too, could make some money.

You have no room to ever criticize anyone else's actions............

The US isn't "throwing billions" at Israel. Israel isn't a welfare state. When a dozen rockets try to impact on Israel and Iron Dome bags them ALL, the US gets to share in that ability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93United_States_relations

Israel–United States relations are an important factor in the United States government's overall policy in the Middle East, and Congress has placed considerable importance on the maintenance of a close and supportive relationship. The main expression of Congressional support for Israel has been foreign aid.[1] Since 1985, it has provided nearly $3 billion in grants annually to Israel, with Israel being the largest annual recipient of American aid from 1976 to 2004 and the largest cumulative recipient of aid since World War II.[2] Congress has monitored the aid issue closely along with other issues in bilateral relations, and its concerns have affected Administration's policies.[1] Almost all U.S. aid to Israel is now in the form of military assistance, while in the past it also received significant economic assistance. Strong congressional support for Israel has resulted in Israel's receiving benefits not available to other countries.[2]

1985 to present, if you calculate it, 3 billion each year for close to 30 years ..... that's a lot of money.

Ask BC-2004...I believe he had liberty in Tel Aviv.

Hope the umbrella is strong enough to withstand what is raining down.

We've covered the Mufti, the Stern gang, the money Israel gets from the U.S.....let's get jbg in here to talk about the Hittites and I'll have finished my MLW Israel/Palestine bingo card.

You could always just post elsewhere...nah...you must like it at some level.

You're the one who posted the image of the dead Palestinian child that so moved you, as you say nothing in condemnation of Hamas. I'm guessing that you know exactly what I was making reference to, and yet this is how you choose to respond. Even if you were by some chance clueless, your lack of criticism of Hamas sure is telling. Very telling.

I do not agree with Hamas' past actions of suicide attacks but I have a hard time criticizing Hamas for responding to Israel's aggression. If a foreign military did what Israel does to my home, I would defend my home and family with any means.

http://en.wikipedia....tates_relations

1985 to present, if you calculate it, 3 billion each year for close to 30 years ..... that's a lot of money.

Hope the umbrella is strong enough to withstand what is raining down.

What's Israel's GDP? See...not a welfare state. But Israel's jets need fuel and Israel isn't known for its Jet A production.

Guest American Woman

I do not agree with Hamas' past actions of suicide attacks but I have a hard time criticizing Hamas for responding to Israel's aggression. If a foreign military did what Israel does to my home, I would defend my home and family with any means.

So would you defend your home and family by deliberately killing the civilians in that foreign country?

Guest American Woman

The U.S. is giving over $3 billion a year to Israel and Israel is not going to be paying this back to the U.S. Israel is in fact U.S' biggest welfare recipient.

The U.S. benefits by having a strong democratic ally in the Middle East. It's hardly "welfare."

So would you defend your home and family by deliberately killing the civilians in that foreign country?

I would never deliberately kill civilians.

If my land was being carpet bombed and my people were being killed and I had access to rockets, I would fire them at their direction. It would be an act of desperation as there is nothing else that could be done.

Guest American Woman

Yet Hamas has, and has applauded it by others - and continues to do so, and is threatening to engage in suicide bombings again - and has said that killing Israeli children is legitimate - and getting criticism of Hamas from you was like pulling teeth.

If my land was being carpet bombed and my people were being killed and I had access to rockets, I would fire them at their direction. It would be an act of desperation as there is nothing else that could be done.

So the rockets Palestine fired at Israel these past few weeks were in reaction to "carpet bombing" by Israel?

Source, please.

And then perhaps think about this - Israel likely feels the same way about rockets being fired at them .....

If Gaza was being 'carpet bombed' there'd be nothing left. Carpet bombing has only been used a few times in warfare...most notably at Caen in 1944.

Guest American Woman

If Gaza was being 'carpet bombed' there'd be nothing left. Carpet bombing has only been used a few times in warfare...most notably at Caen in 1944.

I'm waiting for Hudson's source that Israel was "carpet bombing" Gaza - and that's why Hamas has been firing rockets into Israel. I'm sure he won't "fail in basing his response on facts."

Edited by American Woman

and if my country was occupied and my family was forced to live under apartheid system for 40 years I'd be resisting as well....it's strange that when civil resistance breaks out anywhere else we support from the right wing for these movements(syria, libya etc) and those engaged in battle are hailed as heroic freedom fighters...meanwhile palestinians are branded as terrorists for resisting a decades long occupation...

I'm waiting for Hudson's source that Israel was "carpet bombing" Gaza - and that's why Hamas has been firing rockets into Israel. I'm sure he won't "fail in basing his response on facts."

Caen was about 1000 or so 4 engine bombers used tactically against German ground forces in the area. You'd notice little things like that.

and if my country was occupied and my family was forced to live under apartheid system for 40 years I'd be resisting as well....it's strange that when civil resistance breaks out anywhere else we support from the right wing for these movements(syria, libya etc) and those engaged in battle are hailed as heroic freedom fighters...meanwhile palestinians are branded as terrorists for resisting a decades long occupation...

Which part of this operation involved heroic freedom fighters?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/12/west-bank-jewish-family-killed

Yet Hamas has, and has applauded it by others - and continues to do so, and is threatening to engage in suicide bombings again - and has said that killing Israeli children is legitimate - and getting criticism of Hamas from you was like pulling teeth.

They see suicide attacks as a weapons just like you see jets, helicopters and tanks as weapons.

No different.

Israel has killed Palestinian civilians. Many more Palestinian civilians than Hamas or any other Palestinian group has killed Israeli civilians. When a boy is shot in the stomach by an Israeli gun, then a person is dead. No amount of talk can justify the killing.

So the rockets Palestine fired at Israel these past few weeks were in reaction to "carpet bombing" by Israel?

Source, please.

The rockets are usually fired as a response to Israel's actions. The same pattern is evident in the latest escalation.

THURSDAY, 8 NOVEMBER

Following a two-week lull in violence, Israeli soldiers invade Gaza. In the resulting exchange of gunfire with Palestinian fighters, a twelve year-old boy is killed by an Israeli bullet while he plays soccer. Shortly afterwards, Palestinian fighters blow up a tunnel along the Gaza-Israel frontier, injuring one Israeli soldier.

SATURDAY, 10 NOVEMBER

An anti-tank missile fired by Palestinian fighters wounds four Israeli soldiers driving in a jeep along the Israel-Gaza boundary.

An Israeli artillery shell lands in a soccer field in Gaza killing two children, aged sixteen and seventeen. Later, an Israeli tank fires a shell at a tent where mourners are gathered for a funeral, killing two more civilians and wounding more than two dozen others.

SUNDAY, 11 NOVEMBER

One Palestinian civilian is killed and dozens more are wounded in Israeli attacks. Four Israeli civilians are also injured as a result of projectiles launched from Gaza, according to the Israeli government.

During an Israeli government cabinet meeting, Transportation Minister Yisrael Katz urges the government to “cut off the head of the snake… take out the leadership of Hamas in Gaza.” He also calls for a cutting off of water, food, electricity, and fuel shipments to Gaza’s 1.7 million people.

MONDAY, 12 NOVEMBER

Palestinian militant factions agree to a truce if Israel ends its attacks.

WEDNESDAY, 14 NOVEMBER

Israel breaks two days of calm by assassinating Ahmed Jabari, the head of Hamas' military wing. According to reports, at least eight other Palestinians are killed in Israeli attacks, including at least two children. Palestinian militant groups vow to respond.

Link

And then perhaps think about this - Israel likely feels the same way about rockets being fired at them .....

Israel is not surrounded by a military. Its waters are not controlled by a foreign force. There is freedom of movement in and out of Israel. There is no blockade by a foreign power on what goes in and out of Israel. There isn't assassinations or attempts at assassination of its government on a regular basis.

Think about that the next time you try to question a people who try to defend their rights.