US election prediction thread

Guest Derek L

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama 290 to Romney 248 (Popular Vote Obama +2%)

I see a tight race unfolding as Obama 272 to Romney 266 (Popular Vote Obama +1%)

A stronger Obama victory, imo, would be Obama 303 to Romney 235 (Popular Vote Obama +3%) (This is closer to what Nate Silver predicts)

I don't see any realistic situations where Romney wins, although there's a slim possibility.

Edited by cybercoma

Guest American Woman

Good....now let's put it all together:

I can't believe that the 2012 U.S. presidential election will be won by a landslide.

I'll second that. That's my prediction, too. :)

ya always be suspect of polls...I read earlier today the Rassmusen poll only contacts landlines, if that's true they're reaching an older demographic than polls that include celphone users...

Well, they would be stupid if they didn't fudge the numbers based on demographics but you're already into a dangerous game there.

Rasmussen was very accurate in the past, but even 4 years ago more people had landlines than they do today.

I have a landline still, it's a rare day that I answer it, mrs wyly wants to keep it even though she rarely answers it either, and my kids won't even move toward if it rings, "you answer it, it's not for me I have my cel !"...

I have a landline still, it's a rare day that I answer it, mrs wyly wants to keep it even though she rarely answers it either, and my kids won't even move toward if it rings, "you answer it, it's not for me I have my cel !"...

4 years ago we had a landline too. However, in the last couple of years we started talking about getting rid of it because we both have cellphones for work. Finally, we got rid of the landline this year. I don't think it will be very long (10 years?) before companies stop offering home landlines.

Edited by cybercoma

Hope not, we have a landline and no cell phones. Don't forget there are many areas in Canada without cell phone service, we don't have any in the Bancroft area so have a seasonal land line there. Not likely to get cell up there any time soon.

Guest Derek L

The secret services must be hoping for Obama to win just to avoid protecting five former presidents besides an incumbent one.

I doubt that a concern, but if it where, and the stories are true, it sounds like they might not have to worry about Bush the elder for much longer sad.png

Good....now let's put it all together:

I can't believe that the 2012 U.S. presidential election will be won by a landslide.

I'll entertain you for a second. Alright, let's say the expressions "I can't believe" and "winning by a landslide" are exclusive to the exotic faraway land of Canada and you are not trolling by playing literal semantics.

What you're saying then, is that you're so obtuse to the usage of idiomatic expressions in the English language that you actually thought I literally can't believe Romeny has support and that the polls are complete lies, his rallies are filled with actors and Fox News is a figment of my imagination?

Or that I think Obama is going to win his victory by descending down a piece of land?

Seriously?

Edited by BC_chick

The secret services must be hoping for Obama to win just to avoid protecting five former presidents besides an incumbent one.

The U.S. Secret Service already provides protection for major party candidates and spouses within 120 days of the election.

http://www.secretser...rotection.shtml

I'll entertain you for a second. ...

Seriously?

Yes...seriously. Anybody following these politics threads or the American 2012 election in general would know why Governor Romney has support (and lots of it), as well as the improbability of a landslide victory by popular vote or Electoral College.

Hope not, we have a landline and no cell phones. Don't forget there are many areas in Canada without cell phone service, we don't have any in the Bancroft area so have a seasonal land line there. Not likely to get cell up there any time soon.

Lots of Vancouver Island doesn't have cell coverage and it would take many, many towers to service the west coast and northern Vancouver Island. Even some towns have significant gaps in cell coverage! The infrastructure is already there, so landlines will continue for many years yet.

Plus, we may find out about health effects of cellular in the coming years.... wonder what would happen then...???

Yes...seriously. Anybody following these politics threads or the American 2012 election in general would know why Governor Romney has support (and lots of it), as well as the improbability of a landslide victory by popular vote or Electoral College.

So, you admit that you're trolling by playing literal semantics?

You seem confused.

He's just saying that the election will be too close to be won by a landslide.

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

No, he's not. As he did on another thread, he is playing semantics by implying that my usage of certain words are a "Canadian" interpretation of things.

I was talking about Obama winning Florida in addition to all the currently predicted Obama wins when I mentioned landslide.

If you want to defend trolls that's up to you, but you might want to try following the discussion first.

The republicans created this mess and have worked for most of Obama's term to sabotage any progress without any regard for the people of the country. Romney is promising to get the country out of the mess the Republicans created by offering a vague plan that has little hope of success... at least for the non millionaires.