Justin Trudeau Would Take Liberals to a Majority

Absolutely right, wyly! I think others just haven't accepted that the LIberals cannot win the next election if they had Jesus come again as their leader!

At least Justin can keep their ship from sinking beneath the waves and give the party time to patch the hull.

yup he'll sink or swim on his own merit...he hasn't even won the liberal leadership yet, Brian Topp was coranated by many as the next NDP leader when he was endorsed by the old ndp leadership and look how that turned out...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like that's it for the NDP.

I guess we had a good run,no?

WWWTT

The NDP is alive and well. Look at provincial votes in the West and in the Maritimes.
I didn't realize Chrétien was ever that personally popular. However, your point is correct. Justin Trudeau could go on and win 39% next election.
No, he couldn't.
Funnily enough it's the right-wing's reaction that would most likely compel me to vote for him. I'd vote for the most un-conservative party or coalition thereof anyway but anything I can do that gives right-wingers chest pains and diarrhea along the way is a bonus.

Seriously though, if it looks like Trudeau was going to win a majority I'd vote strategically to try and ensure a minority government. Anything that puts the brakes on Parliament is a good thing in my books - if nothing moves nothing gets hurt.

Eyeball: you are our personal representative of the typical anti-Harper voter.

IOW, according to you eyeball, this isn't about Trudeau Jnr. It's about Harper.

From Gandhi, Nehru to Peron, politics is politics but IMHO,Trudeau Jnr is no Bush Jnr.

-----

If Trudeau Jnr runs in the next federal election as a Liberal leader, the person who will benefit most is Stephen Harper.

Trudeau Jnr and Mulcair will split the anti-Harper vote in English-Canada. (In French-Canada, it is another story.)

Edited by August1991

Trudeau grew up in a disdainful glare of political ridicule and mistrust from at least half or more of the country his whole life and he's still willing to get in it's face.

if Trudeau is elected leader say goodbye to any seats out west aside from a few in BC they may even lose those to the NDP. That leaves Ontario, Quebec and the Maritime Provinces. Quebec is a wash so forget that idea, they haven't yet forgotten Ad scam. So that leaves Ontario and the maritime provinces to get a majority. I don't think that's enough seats available.

if Trudeau is elected leader say goodbye to any seats out west aside from a few in BC they may even lose those to the NDP.

Where are the Liberal seats out west currently? 2 in BC. 1 in Sask and 1 in Manitoba, I believe. How much worse could they do with Trudeau? They would probably do better than currently.

Well, Rodrigue Biron was once chosen to lead the Union Nationale.

Don't get me wrong, August! I have been saying all along I don't believe that Justin can give the Liberals a win next election. I don't think anyone could do that!

I'm simply saying that he might be able to stop the Liberal slide into oblivion. He might even win back a seat or two but that would be about it.

However, that would be FAR better than what the Liberal Party is facing now! It could buy them time to rebuild and find a leader who possibly COULD win them an election!

Otherwise, we are heading to a two party state which incidently, I personally would prefer.

Don't get me wrong, August! I have been saying all along I don't believe that Justin can give the Liberals a win next election. I don't think anyone could do that!
If Trudeau Jnr runs as federal Liberal leader, he will split the anti-Harper vote, and the Conservatives (Harper) will win another majority.

Harper encourages all the talk of Trudeau Jnr (in English Canada).

Edited by August1991

he's older now than Joe Clark was when he became PM...in 2015 he'll only be a year or so younger than Mulroney was as PM..

his age is not an issue...

Clark was a four term MP at the time, and his rule was a disaster. He basically destroyed his party. Mulroney almost did the same, though Mulroney had a history of accomplishment behind him when he ran which Trudeau can not claim.

Trudeau seems to have a history of innocence that's un-tainted by insider/corporate lobbying behind him that Harper couldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. I suspect that's what would drive Liberals with more malleable principles towards Harper.

It all depends of whether he will allow himself to be controlled by bay Street or not. If will not do the bidding of the Bilderberg group and Bay St. he will never be PM.

He's simply another Mulcair... Pandering to Quebec..... Another "Nowhere man".... With absolutley NO plan...... At least Mulcair had credentials... Not so good at managing finances with 11 re-mortgages personally,, but credentials. Justin does NOT even have enough credentials to be a high-school teacher!

These are he golden years for Steve Harper.... Simply golden

show us how please.

Come on guyser, the boy is far from ready to run anything, harper did not just pop up and become PM, over nite. Someone will have to hold him by the hand, for quite some time. As I saids before, he is a wimp and will not be able to make the tough desicions, he will give the bank away. If I was a lib I would be pissed that he has just ruined a chance for the party to really rebuild it self as a new party, all this is , is a chance for the back room boys to get back in power.And it is hard to show you, exc ept how long has it been since he said he will run, well the boy has not come out with one idea and any sense on where he will take us, why, because he has not been told yet what to say. Edited by PIK

He's simply another Mulcair... Pandering to Quebec..... Another "Nowhere man".... With absolutley NO plan...... At least Mulcair had credentials... Not so good at managing finances with 11 re-mortgages personally,, but credentials. Justin does NOT even have enough credentials to be a high-school teacher!

These are he golden years for Steve Harper.... Simply golden

Golden years for the country, we are on the way up, instead of sitting on the side lines with one finger up our ass, and one in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. Edited by PIK

Come on guyser, the boy is far from ready to run anything,

Oh I see.

I just figured how adamantly you said it there would be some proof behind the words.

Guess not, just opinionating.

harper did not just pop up and become PM, over nite.

True, someone held his hand and guided him too.

But anyhow, no one is expecting him to win the nom and then win an election.

Some who are scared though seem worried it may happen.

Someone will have to hold him by the hand, for quite some time. As I saids before, he is a wimp

Whats that make Brazeau? LOL!!!

You keep tripping over the fact that he won and Brazeau lost.....oh right, the helmet strap, the shoelace untied,the ring girl was a D cup not a C cup...

and will not be able to make the tough desicions, he will give the bank away. If I was a lib I would be pissed that he has just ruined a chance for the party to really rebuild it self as a new party,

And yet this fresh shot in the arm may start the coffers to be re-filled.

, is a chance for the back room boys to get back in power.And it is hard to show you, exc ept how long has it been since he said he will run, well the boy has not come out with one idea and any sense on where he will take us, why, because he has not been told yet what to say.

Or he could be formulating a plan, much like any one running for the spot has done (Harper anyone?) or will do in the future.

Why be so scared?

indeed...the guy hasn't won anything and the rightwing is already going into hysterics/panic/attack mode...

Probably because Trudeau has a personality that likely will appeal to many. Harper, as good a leader as he has been, does not have one.

Its either that or they fear another leather vest photo will pop up.

the boy is far from ready to run anything, harper did not just pop up and become PM, over nite.

Harper was elected leader of the Canadian Alliance in 2002. He was three years older then than Trudeau is now. Do you really think three years makes that much difference when you're in your 40's? Not one bit.

If a party elects a leader at whatever age that might be, they obviously feel he is ready to lead the country. Harper and Trudeau (if he even wins) will be about the same age when they each became leader of their respective national parties.

Harper was elected leader of the Canadian Alliance in 2002. He was three years older then than Trudeau is now. Do you really think three years makes that much difference when you're in your 40's? Not one bit.

If a party elects a leader at whatever age that might be, they obviously feel he is ready to lead the country. Harper and Trudeau (if he even wins) will be about the same age when they each became leader of their respective national parties.

as I've already posted JT is already older than Joe Clark when he became PM and in 2015 will a year or two younger than Mulroney when he became PM and likewise John Kennedy when he became President... age wise he's in good place...

As someone who supported Trudeau the elder as a youth, who shook his hand, I am utterly dismayed with the idea that his son could achieve this type of support with no remarkable ideas - especially at a time when ideas are what is needed.

To attract the kind of talent I think you're alluding to wouldn't we need to pay politicians 20 or 30 times as much as we have been so we can compete with the private sector? Presumably that's why CEO wages are so much higher.