Justin Trudeau Would Take Liberals to a Majority

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably follow him around as much as Harpers fire wall letter.

All said, it was a dumb thing to say.

It will follow him a lot more closely because it wasn't something said years ago while in the private sector. It was said TODAY while he's campaigning for the Liberal leadership. Added to what that nitwit McGuinty said the other day it will probably do in the Liberal Candidate in Calgary. And you can be damned sure that if he wins the leadership the Tories will be using this in a national ad campaign, especially in the West and Ontario.

It will follow him a lot more closely because it wasn't something said years ago while in the private sector. It was said TODAY while he's campaigning for the Liberal leadership.

It was said two years ago, look at the transcript.

But, It may well become a thorn in his side. Shades of daddy im afraid.

As someone who supported Trudeau the elder as a youth, who shook his hand, I am utterly dismayed with the idea that his son could achieve this type of support with no remarkable ideas - especially at a time when ideas are what is needed.

Why? Its no secret that theres two major reasons the liberals find themselves in the position they are.... 1. Sponsorhip. And 2... their failure to elect a leader that Canadians like. It doesnt suprise me at all that the Liberal party would do much better with a leader that Canadians approve of... I cant imagine why you would be dismayed by something so easy to understand.

Why? Its no secret that theres two major reasons the liberals find themselves in the position they are.... 1. Sponsorhip. And 2... their failure to elect a leader that Canadians like. It doesnt suprise me at all that the Liberal party would do much better with a leader that Canadians approve of... I cant imagine why you would be dismayed by something so easy to understand.

Did you read my post ? I will reiterate for you.

" I am utterly dismayed with the idea that his son could achieve this type of support with no remarkable ideas - especially at a time when ideas are what is needed.".

You can be dismayed and still understand why it's happening.

Did you read my post ? I will reiterate for you.

" I am utterly dismayed with the idea that his son could achieve this type of support with no remarkable ideas - especially at a time when ideas are whatever is needed.".

You can be dismayed and still understand why it's happening.

Maybe what we need in our democracy - "government by the people" - is leaders who listen to the ideas of the people instead of doing the bidding of - eg - the Power Corporation.

With corporate power brokers in the driver's seat, we don't have "government by the people".

Think JTrudeau is such a man who believes in and strives for real democracy, not the sham we've had where our elected 'representatives' in the ruling party are muzzled and prevented from representing the ideas of their constituents and forced to support the corporate agenda of their political masters, an agenda that takes wealth from the poor and middle class and funnels it to the wealthiest, those who really 'run things' and run us only for their personal profit.

Edited by jacee

Think JTrudeau is such a man?

No, because his ideas are simply to pander to Quebec. Remember when he said that he'd rather be a Separtist than live in a Harper run Canada. The man has some extreme opinions. I'm too young to have a relevant opinion of PET but I'd imagine he was a bit better at being a uniter than Junior here.

Guest Derek L

Maybe what we need in our democracy - "government by the people" - is leaders who listen to the ideas of the people instead of doing the bidding of - eg - the Power Corporation.

With corporate power brokers in the driver's seat, we don't have "government by the people".

Think JTrudeau is such a man who believes in and strives for real democracy, not the sham we've had where our elected 'representatives' in the ruling party are muzzled and prevented from representing the ideas of their constituents and forced to support the corporate agenda of their political masters, an agenda that takes wealth from the poor and middle class and funnels it to the wealthiest, those who really 'run things' and run us only for their personal profit.

His daddy worked for Power Corp.....

trudeaus comment on albertans "socio-democratic agenda" was spot on, I'd rather someone more socailly progressive take the lead and quebec generally leads the way in that department..if given only two choices who would we want leading our country a redneck bible thumper or trudeau?....rob anders as PM? I shudder at the thought...

trudeaus comment on albertans "socio-democratic agenda" was spot on, I'd rather someone more socailly progressive take the lead and quebec generally leads the way in that department..if given only two choices who would we want leading our country a redneck bible thumper or trudeau?....rob anders as PM? I shudder at the thought...

You really would characterize Harper as a "redneck bible thumper"? Talk about offensive stereotypes. rolleyes.gif

You really would characterize Harper as a "redneck bible thumper"? Talk about offensive stereotypes. rolleyes.gif

absolutely, he's just politically more astute than trudeau not saying what he thinks, that ended stockwell days political quest for leadership...check out harpers church and it's twisted values, a moderate sensible person would switch churches but not harper...

One of the things that makes Harper such a good leader is that he is able to separate his private life (in which I have absolutely no interest, so long as he breaks no laws) and his public life. He is absolutely the best PM the Canadians could have hoped for during the last decade or so. A good article on the man from today's National Post(CONFG)

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/11/22/john-ivison-harper-may-exhibit-the-compassion-of-an-icicle-but-he-gets-the-big-things-right/

absolutely, he's just politically more astute than trudeau not saying what he thinks, that ended stockwell days political quest for leadership...check out harpers church and it's twisted values, a moderate sensible person would switch churches but not harper...

Is this more hidden agenda foolishness? When has he ever put his religion into his policies as PM. He's taken great steps to avoid such things even if there are people in his party that are religiously motivated. You can't be a big tent party like the CPC is and not have some "bible thumpers" in the fold. I'm sure there are plenty of Dippers that are flat-out communist, but they don't reflect the direction of the party. As for being a redneck. That imagine of him at the Stampede in Cowboy gear made it clear he doesn't do the rural cowboy thing that well.

Rob Anders will never be PM, he's too explosive and polarizing of a figure.

because it's not vocalized does not mean it isn't present, publicly admitting it would end his career he never would've been elected...a smart politician hides/disguises his objectives and the reasons for doing so...

How exactly could he get laws passed in parliament without vocalizing them? Semaphore?

Talk about not dealing from a full deck...

No, because his ideas are simply to pander to Quebec

Look, I don't support the Liberals per se and I've certainly not been swayed by Mr. Trudeau yet, but this regurgitating nonsensical Conservative talking points needs to stop. This is no better than saying "Harper just wants to pander to Alberta" then quoting something he said in '96. You're above this kind of junk, I thought.