Justin Trudeau Would Take Liberals to a Majority

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Turner and Kim Campbell were two of the most popular leaders prior to their big election defeats.

So was Cretein during the early 90's when Mulroney was PM.

And he went on to win three back to back to back majorities!

It is still early but it is possible that Justin T. can somehow wiggle his way around to becoming PM.No?

But I doubt the conservatives well oiled propaganda machine will give this guy a free pass.

We'll see how this guy adapts to being under the bright lights next year.

WWWTT

So was Cretein during the early 90's when Mulroney was PM.

And he went on to win three back to back to back majorities!

It is still early but it is possible that Justin T. can somehow wiggle his way around to becoming PM.No?

But I doubt the conservatives well oiled propaganda machine will give this guy a free pass.

We'll see how this guy adapts to being under the bright lights next year.

WWWTT

I didn't realize Chrétien was ever that personally popular. However, your point is correct. Justin Trudeau could go on and win 39% next election.

I didn't realize Chrétien was ever that personally popular. However, your point is correct. Justin Trudeau could go on and win 39% next election.

I'd like to know what qualifies him to have the ability to run a nation. What has he done in the past that speaks of his experience running something?

What was Harper's? I don't know if he's qualified or not to be PM but there isn't really any qualifications for being PM besides being able to get elected.

Harper has been involved in politics since high school and was a founding member of the Reform party in 1988 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Harper#Political_beginnings.

Trudeau has been an MP for what? 2 years? Now he wants to run the country? Sure, ok.

I'd like to know what qualifies him to have the ability to run a nation. What has he done in the past that speaks of his experience running something?

what qualities did harper have to run a nation?...what did he do in his past? he never even had a legitimate job other than as a political lackie...

Harper had the toughness in him to do it and has alot more life experiance. This boy will be a pushover ,when it comes to dealing with other leaders. And he won't be able to say no, to anyone. This country will be overrun.

Harper had the toughness in him to do it and has alot more life experiance.

Apart from the job his dad got him, Harper has never worked in private business.

You cant change the facts .

This boy will be a pushover ,when it comes to dealing with other leaders. And he won't be able to say no, to anyone. This country will be overrun.

Kinda like he was a pushover for Brazeau?

I get this feeling many on the right seem.....whats the word..?....scared?

Are Canadians really this shallow, I find it hard to believe that enough people would park their vote with the Liberals simply because of a name.

http://news.national...ent-poll-finds/

Canadian voters are really quite a bunch of fools ranking low on the intelligence scale, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Canada really needs to create more incentives to bring in better political candidates into the public sphere. Politically, this country is going to poop.

Initial polls predicted that Ignatieff would get a majority too. As soon as he started talking, that lead evaporated.

LOL really? Do you have a link?

This might be best case scenario for Justin. As soon as he does start opening his mouth more and making the inevitable gaffes and what I would imagine would be cringe-worthy debate performances, this fink may likely see his poll numbers shrink.

Apart from the job his dad got him, Harper has never worked in private business.

You cant change the facts .

Kinda like he was a pushover for Brazeau?

I get this feeling many on the right seem.....whats the word..?....scared?

That fight would have been over for justin in the 1st round if he did not have a helmet on, and there is no helmets in politics. And harper has worked hard to get where he is today, justin has been living off daddys name his whole life. He even admitted he worked as a bar tender for 2 shifts and quit because it was to tough. (His own words). And in this world we need tough leaders, justin will be taken in by every sad story, he will be a con man's dream.

I cannot remember seeing any polls showing Ignatieff would lead the party to a majority, especially before he was leader. There were polls following his appointment as interim leader that had him leading, or tied, with the Conservatives for roughly 6 months.

Hypothetical polls a few years before an election are not going to predict the results, but neither do polls at the beginning of an election. They're hardly pointless though.

That fight would have been over for justin in the 1st round if he did not have a helmet on, and there is no helmets in politics. And harper has worked hard to get where he is today, justin has been living off daddys name his whole life. He even admitted he worked as a bar tender for 2 shifts and quit because it was to tough. (His own words). And in this world we need tough leaders, justin will be taken in by every sad story, he will be a con man's dream.

I was a bartender off an on for a two year period, making drinks was not bad,at all... breaking up brawls, bouncing obnoxious drunken violent (sometimes knife wielding) patrons wasn't part of the job I cared for... Edited by wyly

I guess we'll see what Trudeau can do if he becomes leader. A big part of governing is having good ministers, Trudeau is probably the best person now who could attract these people.

Ya people that k ow he will be a pushover, let the stealing begin. Really trudeau should stepped down, nobody is going to run against him and he knows he is not ready. Let someone else take it now and in 4 or 8 years he can try it.

Ya people that k ow he will be a pushover, let the stealing begin. Really trudeau should stepped down, nobody is going to run against him and he knows he is not ready. Let someone else take it now and in 4 or 8 years he can try it.

he's older now than Joe Clark was when he became PM...in 2015 he'll only be a year or so younger than Mulroney was as PM..

his age is not an issue...

he's older now than Joe Clark was when he became PM...in 2015 he'll only be a year or so younger than Mulroney was as PM..

his age is not an issue...

Absolutely right, wyly! I think others just haven't accepted that the LIberals cannot win the next election if they had Jesus come again as their leader!

At least Justin can keep their ship from sinking beneath the waves and give the party time to patch the hull.

Edited by Wild Bill