Do some Posters insult with impunity?

Wild Bill

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have also learned nothing, too. biggrin.png

This isn't Lisa Simpson's science project involving Skinner boxes. I don't 'report' posters simply because I disagree with what they posted. Heck, I don't use it at all. Perhaps I should...seems to work.

This isn't Lisa Simpson's science project involving Skinner boxes. I don't 'report' posters simply because I disagree with what they posted. Heck, I don't use it at all. Perhaps I should...seems to work.

Alas, this is true. I have dishonoured myself by stooping to this loathsome tactic on two occasions, as true battle to the death in the coliseum of words is not permitted by forum rules.

Just yesterday I had to exterminate a racial slur in such a manner. May the gods forgive me.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I've only reported posters because I thought they went way over the line and clearly violated the forum rules.

I do think over the long run that this is beneficial as a whole.

The rules are there for good reason and people are abusing them all the time.

Of course, one could go to any prison in the world and find it full of innocent people too. laugh.png

As for my own reporting: I remember reporting one instance where I was directly involved which I have already mentioned on page one of this thread. I suppose you could say that I simply disagreed with that poster given that I prefer to actually be alive contra the posters' stated wishes. biggrin.png

Alas, this is true. I have dishonoured myself by stooping to this loathsome tactic on two occasions, as true battle to the death in the coliseum of words is not permitted by forum rules.

Just yesterday I had to exterminate a racial slur in such a manner. May the gods forgive me.

No, I think it is good that your reported that instance.

CC changed the picture for good reason.

Sure, I wish I could go back and do it differently too - I should have ignored you and simply pm'd CC and it would have been solved very quickly without all that ugliness.

But hindsight's hindsight....

No, I think it is good that your reported that instance.

CC changed the picture for good reason.

Your first response was "BFD", it's too faint to read.

Sure, I wish I could go back and do it differently too - I should have ignored you and simply pm'd CC and it would have been solved very quickly without all that ugliness.

Your relationship with other members is your business, but as related above, if you do the crime, expect to do the time. Mods don't have time to baby sit us for intent or context.

Where would find these so called 'warning points' ?

You can't see other forum member's warning points, only you can see your own under the number of posts you've written. Here's what I see in my case.

• 10,151 posts
  • 2 warning points

I can also click on the 2 warning points to see the nature and details of why when and so on of the warnings.

Edited by eyeball

Guest American Woman

Where would find these so called 'warning points' ?

In your profile, under your image, as well as to the left of your posts:.

guyser

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 9,162 posts
  • [warning points]

Edited by American Woman

I wonder if the Mods would mind if we all posted our warnings in a dedicated thread? We could reminisce about old battles, insults, and misunderstandings, and more importantly, profile the kind of behaviours that incur the wrath of the MLW gods.

Anybody interested in airing dirty laundry? I'll show you mine if you show me yours. tongue.png

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I wonder if the Mods would mind if we all posted our warnings in a dedicated thread? We could reminisce about old battles, insults, and misunderstandings, and more importantly, profile the kind of behaviours that incur the wrath of the MLW gods.

Anybody interested in airing dirty laundry? I'll show you mine if you show me yours. tongue.png

You know there's a reason one doesn't tug on Superman's cape...you devil.

Good point...but I was just trying to provide "transparency" and "sunshine" to the process. Another member is big on transparency!

I have nothing against Greg or Charles...they just react. It should just be made aware that certain posters are only too willing to try and stifle our voices via the report button and not lose any sleep over their actions.

I have nothing against Greg or Charles...they just react. It should just be made aware that certain posters are only too willing to try and stifle our voices via the report button and not lose any sleep over their actions.

Roger that.....I just figure that "peace and order" are the prime directive, so they gotta do what they see fit, regardless of the circumstances. I think we know who the button pushers are, so I will just avoid them as best I can. Besides, I'm beginning to like the Cooler! biggrin.png