McGuinty Resigns as Premier of Ontario

What are you talking about? You telling me to get a life? I was just pointing out that your posts rarely have the credibility of truthiness. That's not a personal attack.

It's a good idea to check out who you're getting your information from before you post it.

Edited by BubberMiley

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about? You telling me to get a life? I was just pointing out that your posts rarely have the credibility of truthiness. That's not a personal attack.

It's a good idea to check out who you're getting your information from before you post it.

Nice derailing of a topic and note the lack of truthiness at your end.

Recently, Bubber, I've been noticing you've been doing more than your share of attacking. At least I'm not the only one. I do consider the source.

I'm expecting a huge scandal to break any day now. I don't think a sitting Premier would step down a year into his new mandate unless something huge was about to break. Convenient that now he's also prorogued parliament at the same time so that when something does break, nothing can be done about it right away.

Two words. "no accountability". From the federal NDP, to provincial liberals (qc and ont)... Is there only one party canadians can count on? The feds should take the liberals to task and run a complete criminal investigation via the rcmp..

Proroguing the legislature is perhaps the most egregious affront to democracy we have ever seen. McGuinty says there's still work to do regarding the Ontario teachers and other things; yet, he wants to carry out that work without the legislature of elected representatives. Shame on him. Responsible government was fought for through rebellions and won over 150 years ago. We've had representative government here for over 200 years. This is quite possibly one of the most despicable moves in recent Canadian political memory.

McDalton as the Federal Liberal Party leader would be hilarious! No chance a guy like that runs on his record Nationally. I really doubt he does it, or at least does it successfully. Didn't he say he wants to spend time with his family? laugh.png

The prorouging is really is the icing on the cake for this guys scumbaggery. Now let me be clear, I'm not critical of Harper when he did it twice, though I'm still not certain why he did it the second time. I don't believe I'm being hypocritical though. This is a totally different situation.

What Dalton has done here has stopped the ways the Opposition can hold them to account for the horrible things this government has done. And for an unspecified period of time, at that. At least Harper said when he'd be back from prorougment.

In a time when this province faces serious challenges, the government has basically taken their ball and gone home until they can get their shit together. We may not see Bills passed until next summer, if not for a whole year. There are a list of things we need to see clarified before then and because of the A-holes hubris we now have to wait, sickening!

McDalton as the Federal Liberal Party leader would be hilarious! No chance a guy like that runs on his record Nationally. I really doubt he does it, or at least does it successfully. Didn't he say he wants to spend time with his family? laugh.png

The prorouging is really is the icing on the cake for this guys scumbaggery.

Yeah pretty much. Always bad whenever anyone does it.

Bad right now and as you probably agree , bad when done a while back federally.

Never do like it when they use it as political manoeuvery.

Now let me be clear, I'm not critical of Harper when he did it twice, . I don't believe I'm being hypocritical though. This is a totally different situation.

What Dalton has done here has stopped the ways the Opposition can hold them to account for the horrible things this government has done. And for an unspecified period of time, at that. At least Harper said when he'd be back from prorougment.

Oh sorry, I thought perhaps there would be equal scumbaggery thrown about. Guess not.

For the record , yes you are being hypocritical.

This is totally different, Harper and McGuinty are different people. So at least you have that going for you.

In a time when this province faces serious challenges, the government has basically taken their ball and gone home until they can get their shit together. We may not see Bills passed until next summer, if not for a whole year. There are a list of things we need to see clarified before then and because of the A-holes hubris we now have to wait, sickening!

And we agree on this part, circa Dec 2009 and Oct 2012.

Sure LOL

Rumour has it that the Federal Liberal party power monger mucky mucks have recruited Dalton to run against Justin for the Federal Liberal Party leadership.

Remember you heard it first here biggrin.png I now call the escaping Dalton, 'The Cowardly Liar" as he runs off on the Yellow prick road.

He can't take anymore heat. The power plant moves were the last straw...I'm melting...melting.

His accomplishments.

Breaking Ontario financially

Screwing with honest citizens in Caledonia

Billion spent (read wasted), on e Health

Ornge fiasco.

Lying about no tax increases.

Catering to teachers.

Catering to Public Services workers.

Too many Aw shucks people I

So what Harper was just supposed to allow the Bloc, NDP and Liberals take over power with Stephan Dion! being the leader without a fight? Essentially overturning the results of the election only two months earlier?

If the decision to form a Coalition was a wise one then it would have withstood the prorougment. Would you have preferred another election in the midst of the economic meltdown?

BTW there were massive protests about the Harper prorougment. I trust there will be protests about this too. blink.png

This decision by McGuinty has to be the final nail in the coffin of the government. Those Power Plant documents must have exposed some sort of outright fraud that Dalton just couldn't face while in office. His name is mud from now on in the eye of Ontarians.

So what Harper was just supposed to allow the Bloc, NDP and Liberals take over power with Stephan Dion! being the leader without a fight? Essentially overturning the results of the election only two months earlier?

Politics can suck sometimes huh?

Dont forget the Afghan commission Harper was desparate to avoid, among other things. They both want to avoid scandal.

It matters becuase its the height of hypocracy.

If the decision to form a Coalition was a wise one then it would have withstood the prorougment. Would you have preferred another election in the midst of the economic meltdown?

No need to attempt to qualify your hypocracy. It is evident that you want two sets of rules.

No need to attempt to qualify your hypocracy. It is evident that you want two sets of rules.

I guess. If you can't see the difference? It's obvious.

Harper said he was taking a break for 2 months and said exactly when the House would sit again. Not so here. This is an infinite break that could last up to a year. Both times Harper did it, it was at the beginning of a session. McGuinty is canceling the Fall session with plenty of important work yet to be done.

Anyway this thread is about McGuinty not Harper. Harper won a majority post-proroguments so it was a wise decision for him.

Will doing this end up helping McGuinty? I can't see how.