McGuinty Resigns as Premier of Ontario

Good question, Scribb. Not entirely sure myself but I can see how doubling the cost of electricity to industry can surely KILL jobs!

I had not thought a lot about that point before but I should have, I guess. Back years ago when Stelco was still a Canadian company I had a friend who was the personal secretary to their head of HR. She told me that Stelco had at least 3 people devoted gathering all the info the government demanded. I had never realized that the data for StatsCan was gathered by business being forced to provide the labour. The bigger the company, the more people who had to be paid to do work that had little or nothing to do with the profitability of said company.

It's just a given that given any choice, enterprise avoids locations of higher cost.

Exactly - McGuinty's green policies might have created 'green' jobs but more jobs were lost due to the increasing cost of energy. Power prices are set to rise a further 46 per cent by 2015, which cause more damage, unless something is done now. Would Hudak do it, maybe, but I doubt the NDP would decrease energy costs.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already said I see the difference, Harper is not McGuinty.

Not so here is right, he is stepping down and has no idea when a conference can assemble to elect a new leader.

As for important work to be done, if one recalls, Dec of 2009 our and the worlds economic outlook was super rosy.....naw, nothing important to do back then either.

I have listened to talk radio blast McGuinty (rightfully so) and also heard the blowhards pass on Harpers prorogument. Hypocrits all. I figured if someone brought it up and said 'its different' I would call them on it.

But we both agree its nice to know McGuinty is leaving.

federal liberals did it too. It happens.

So what Harper was just supposed to allow the Bloc, NDP and Liberals take over power with Stephan Dion! being the leader without a fight? Essentially overturning the results of the election only two months earlier?

If the decision to form a Coalition was a wise one then it would have withstood the prorougment. Would you have preferred another election in the midst of the economic meltdown?

As I said before, harper did it to save the country, dalton did it to save his ass. And if the coalition was allowed to happen, It would have been a real boost to the separtists. Which means the orange wave never would have happened.

It's hard not to agree it was the best decision (also made by the Governor General) in the long run. However, it's also hard to believe saving his own ass wasn't one of Harper's motivations in recommending a prorogation.

Quite true.

But you forget, one is a Liberal and the other a Conservative. Therein lies the salient fact why one was good the other bad.....according to some who cannot see hypocracy

Dalton was in The Agenda last night and he said the reason for closing it down was the opposition, I guess the PCs made it impossible to carry on and nothing was getting done except out of control debates. He also said that a CTV cameraman, who has been there for 40 years, said he had never seen the Legislature so out of control. Its probably like what Harper said about Parliament, that HE couldn't get anything done. Dalton also said they had on 18 days left of seating and the Liberals are making deals with the other unions, which he said he had agreements with two.

Dalton was in The Agenda last night and he said the reason for closing it down was the opposition, I guess the PCs made it impossible to carry on and nothing was getting done except out of control debates. He also said that a CTV cameraman, who has been there for 40 years, said he had never seen the Legislature so out of control. Its probably like what Harper said about Parliament, that HE couldn't get anything done. Dalton also said they had on 18 days left of seating and the Liberals are making deals with the other unions, which he said he had agreements with two.

That makes no sense. You're either misrepresenting what McGuinty said, or McGuinty is full of crap. Or both.

The PCs don't hold enough seats to alone stop legislation from passing. Passing legislation isn't required to negotiate with unions. Every Liberal MP's every waking moment isn't required in negotiations with unions. Every minister isn't required for negotiations. Every minute of the relevant ministers' time isn't required for negotiations. Parliament can function just fine without every minister being present at every moment the legislature is sitting.

Parliament was prorogued to convenience the Liberal Party; to stay constant exposure of the power plant scandal and possible motions of contempt for Liberal ministers while an internal leadership election is run.

"He also said that a CTV cameraman, who has been there for 40 years, said he had never seen the Legislature so out of control"

OOooo He commented THAT to a camera-man??? What did he tell the door-man??

This guy suckered you in over and over.....

I bet the first day of kindergarten was traumatic for Dalton too..

You really think that all the questions raised at Dalton on the fraud and lies on the Plant shut-downs were "Far too much" for a sitting parliament to handle? Just brush it under a rug maybe? Now that the figures are out in the hundreds of millions hidden,, was he right in avoiding those "rambunctious" apposition people from abjecting to his rule?

Um ya, And the Unions are re-negotiating now? Check the media... open those eyes

Edited by Fletch 27

"He also said that a CTV cameraman, who has been there for 40 years, said he had never seen the Legislature so out of control"

You quote the piece and comprehend wrongly, mockingly too.

Nice

OOooo He commented THAT to a camera-man??? What did he tell the door-man?? This guy suckered you in over and over.....

Dalton was in form yesterday tell everyone to "Take a Deep Breath" and compared what he did to how often the Harris government prorogued the House. He's such a jerk. Harris never prematurely cancelled the Legislative session.

Perhaps things were out of control because the government's corruption was so galling and disrespectful to taxpayers that the opposition had to try and hold them to account. Instead Dalton took his ball and went home.

Edited by Boges

I know you dont understand, You cannot understand plain english obviously.

Here, let me assist you in your persuits:

hear·say (hîrprime.gifsamacr.giflprime.gif)

n.

1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.

2. Law Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Its from a "dictionary"

Here, let me assist you in your persuits:

hear·say (hîrprime.gifsamacr.giflprime.gif)

n.

1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.

2. Law Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

Its from a "dictionary"

LOL

I know what hearsay is. No need to explain it .

Whats particularly funny is , and remains obviously, that you do not understand the quote you pasted in your earlier post.

For your sake, I will explain .....

'He' in the first part is Dalton, so put Dalton in for the 'He'.....now it reads, Dalton said a CTV cameraman (the cameraman has been working in Legislature for 40 yrs) has never seen the Legislature so out of control.

OOooo He commented THAT to a camera-man??? What did he tell the door-man??

And here we see the evidence of your lack of comprehension.

Got it?