Obama vs Romney - POTUS 2012

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, he answered the 15th time?

haha, of course not. He had his campaign issue a statement.

“Gov. Romney believes that states should be in charge of emergency management in responding to storms and other natural disasters in their jurisdictions,” Romney spokesman Ryan Williams said in a statement. “As the first responders, states are in the best position to aid affected individuals and communities, and to direct resources and assistance to where they are needed most. This includes help from the federal government and FEMA.”

If Mitt is worried that his position is unpopular, he lies about his position then has his people "clarify" his position later on.

It's like the time he said at the first debate that he had a healthcare plan that protected people with pre-existing conditions, but

had his spokesman go on cable news the next day to explain that the plan doesn't protect people with pre-existing conditions.

Or how Mitt says that overturning Roe vs Wade is a personal priority for him, yet his Ohio campaign director is

telling voters that Roe vs Wade is not going to be overturned.

-k

Care to give a link on that? From what I've heard, he refused to answer when asked if he'd privatize FEMA.

It's just another pathetic lie from the usual pathetic suspects. He actually talked about states having more power when it comes to emergency situations. To statist lemmings, that means "eliminating" FEMA. It's like they don't even try anymore.

Another lie.

When asked about FEMA, he said he believes that federal assistance to storm victims is "immoral" given the federal deficit. In the same quote, he said that rather than look at which federal programs to cut, we should be looking at which federal programs to keep, and that emergency assistance should be left to the states or, better yet, the private sector.

I would be interested to hear the GOP lemmings explain how they could possibly interpret that as not calling for FEMA's elimination, but they won't. They just wordsmith around the truth and try to scream "lie" louder.

Edited by BubberMiley

It's just another pathetic lie from the usual pathetic suspects. He actually talked about states having more power when it comes to emergency situations. To statist lemmings, that means "eliminating" FEMA. It's like they don't even try anymore.

Polls don't matter, balloons do.

How meaningless can your arguments get, Shady?

Someone posts national numbers or predictions based on the electoral college vis-a-vis state polls and you make a comment about independent voters.

Do I come back with Obama's up amongst african americans, latinos, women, gays, and youth? I mean seriously....

How meaningless can your arguments get, Shady?

Someone posts national numbers or predictions based on the electoral college vis-a-vis state polls and you make a comment about independent voters.

Do I come back with Obama's up amongst african americans, latinos, women, gays, and youth? I mean seriously....

You think a candidate winning independents by double digits is meaningless? You're delusional.

And yet, the overall picture of the historically reliable state by state polls have Romney trailing by a large enough Margin that the NYT 538 Blog can now give Obama 77.4% odds of winning the electoral college. In fact, every single electoral college predictor has Obama winning at least 271 electoral college votes at current without including the close toss up states. Romney is just over 200. That means under none of the predicted scenarios does Romney even have a chance. That doesn't mean he won't win, but it appears very very unlikely.

Edited by Smallc

Quote from Fivethirtyeight

The first of these sites is FiveThirtyEight. The others, in the order that they’re listed in the table, are Electoral-Vote.com;Votamatic, by the Emory University political scientist Drew Linzer; HuffPost Pollster; Real Clear Politics; Talking Points Memo’s PollTracker; and the Princeton Election Consortium, which is run by Sam Wang, a neuroscientist at Princeton. These are pretty much all the sites I’m aware of that use state polling data in a systematic way.

Edited by Sleipnir