Your Barack Obama 3-year report card

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh, yes... well, there might be a few translations one could make here. Let me take the liberty. Obama's presumed soul, soulful display, is challenged by questions on the, "courage of his convictions". Of course, the counter to the question could be... could be... that some degree of Obama's failings in being able to carry out certain goals reflects back on his facing an obstructionist, Tea-Party fueled/driven, GOP 'party of NO'.

or... one could fall back to a described comment from the Killer's Flowers who is said to have indicated the line, "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier", implies one has a religious "soul" but is not a Christian "soldier". Which I guess would be a good fit since Obama is a Muslim - badum-CHING!

• 2 weeks later...

Effort: C

Results: B

Ideas: A

Works well with others: A

Works well on his own: D

Barry's attitude towards completing his projects has declined ever since some have started telling him "no". Rather than putting in additional hard work, this seems to have disheartened him, and he has been putting in less effort as a result.

Heckuva job Barry!

Obama sets the single month deficit record in the history of the country. Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

Govt. sets record deficit in February

The federal government recorded its worst monthly deficit in history in February, according to a preliminary report Wednesday from the Congressional Budget Office that said the deficit in fiscal year 2012 is already more than half a trillion dollars.

The nonpartisan agency projected the government will run a deficit of $229 billion in February, the highest monthly figure ever. The previous high was $223 billion a year ago, in February 2011.

Link

Could Obama be headed for the first ever 2 trillion dollar deficit?

Heckuva job Barry!

Obama sets the single month deficit record in the history of the country. Keep up the good work. :rolleyes:

be honest here though, I will put my dislike for Obama aside this once and say he has had a pretty crappy deal here with the GOP blocking him at every attempt to wind the deficit down

be honest here though, I will put my dislike for Obama aside this once and say he has had a pretty crappy deal here with the GOP blocking him at every attempt to wind the deficit down

I would agree with you, if that was even close to true.

I would agree with you, if that was even close to true.

yah its not like the GOP refused to raise the debt ceiling, until it looked like America wouldn't pay its debts causing investor fears and almost triggering another recession, made a last minute deal with the president getting and quote their leader "almost everything they wanted" and now are going back on the deal because of their hate for the president or anything. Wait that is going right now.

Heckuva job Barry!

I'm not convinced that it is time for drastic cuts yet. Convince me.

Shady thinks the president controls all that spending :lol: And he appears to also be blaming him for 30 years of Americans and their government consuming more than they produce. :D

Look at the utterly moronic congress... Remember all those cuts that were supposed to happen, otherwise large across the board funding cuts to both social programs and the military would be triggered?

Well the idiots in the democrat and republican party didnt agree on any spending cuts, but they DID agree to remove the trigger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by dre

Cuts are coming, or at least they were because of the debt limit deal. Now Republicans don't like those cuts they are going back on their word. Even Republicans are fighting against cuts, the only one who wants cuts is Shady. He just doesn't know it yet he still thinks Republicans are for cuts. He'll get his talking points soon and change his tune and say the cuts aren't the right type of cuts now even though Republicans agreed to them less then a year ago.

He had what every president dreams and drools for when he was elected. A majority in the House, a majority in the Senate, and an approval rating that was sky high. In only 2 years he lost the goodwill and lost the House majority which was the stupidest thing he could have done.

Now he has exactly what the voters want him to have, and it's his own fault. He made that bed fair and square, and he can damn well lie in it until he gets voted out next fall.

He had what every president dreams and drools for when he was elected. A majority in the House, a majority in the Senate, and an approval rating that was sky high. In only 2 years he lost the goodwill and lost the House majority which was the stupidest thing he could have done.

I'm pretty sure he didn't want that once in a lifetime financial crisis he was handed.

Now he has exactly what the voters want him to have, and it's his own fault. He made that bed fair and square, and he can damn well lie in it until he gets voted out next fall.

He spent his political capital on what was the biggest problem in America at the time, much like LBJ spent his on civil rights. Was health care worth the price? We will find out in 10-20 years but I bet he has no regrets.

We have seen what happens when a president governs for political sake and the Bush years sucked.

Edited by punked

He spent his political capital on healthcare when the biggest problem in the US at the time was the economy. Notice the economic problem is still there. That's because it was underestimated (proof of this is his guarantee that unemployment wouldn't go above 9 if his policies were enacted) and shovel ready jobs were a figment of his imagination.

He spent his political capital on healthcare when the biggest problem in the US at the time was the economy. Notice the economic problem is still there.

Can you provide some statistics with the number of jobs the U.S. economy was losing when he took office compared to the number they are (not) losing now?

Or maybe you should just avoid that and provide a psychoanalysis of your fellow anonymous posters. :lol:

He spent his political capital on healthcare when the biggest problem in the US at the time was the economy. Notice the economic problem is still there. That's because it was underestimated (proof of this is his guarantee that unemployment wouldn't go above 9 if his policies were enacted) and shovel ready jobs were a figment of his imagination.

No one spends political capital fixing he economy sharkman, it is more of an investment because the voters come back if your policies work. I mean take Obama for an example, he stuck his guns on stimulus and bail outs, now that jobs are growing from policies he passed and pushed his approval is up. He took plenty of political risks doing his best to fix the economy the right way instead of just cutting taxes, blowing up the deficit and not actually fixing anything (as some presidents have done in the past when faces with bad economies) and now it is paying back. Don't act like the President sat there and did nothing, he did plenty and took some lumps doing it, you just don't like what he did in terms of the economy so you pretend he did nothing.

Too bad most of you refuse to seek the truth. Look where else tax dollars are spent.

:rolleyes:

Well, no surprise... the TV station that put this report together overstretched quite a bit on the facts:

We spoke with a USAID official, who told us that the Cairo sewer project, which did total about $770 million, began in 1984 and ended in 2006. It was a major undertaking that wasn’t specifically directed to the mosque, though about $2.3 million was used "to help lower the groundwater at the mosque area, replacing the old sewage collector, and providing a healthier environment for people living in the area," the official, who would not be identified by name, said.

USAID official: A high level of groundwater, resulting in part from leaking sewers and the rise and fall of the Nile, had been threatening the structural integrity of many of the buildings in this area. USAID did not pick and choose which buildings to rescue, based on religious or any other criteria. Rather, the broad effort was intended to improve the sewage system for everyone.

Other things to note - these programs started in 2000 and the first grants were announced under President George W Bush, so nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Fact Check

Still, the station got its ratings for ringing the alarm that hundreds of millions was going to fix mosques overseas, and no amount of fact checking will take those ratings back from them. TV news and particularly commentary is impervious to falsehood, it seems.

The other thing you may be wondering: why is the US doing this in the first place ? The answer is to buy influence with the powers that be. Why was Mubarek considered a US ally ? Because he was in the pocket of the US, and guess what - that made good sense for American interests at that time.

A program that was started under Clinton, launched under Bush and continued under Obama couldn't just be a giveaway, could it ? Does anybody think that BOTH American political parties are so stupid to be ripped off by Egypt ?

How much knowledge of the US State Department strategy does the average Georgia TV viewer have ?

Ha ha ... amazing ... well done Lukin.

The US taxpayer's nightmare come true. Let's see how long it'll take me to find out more about this...

HA HA.....OK....MICHAEL. You must live an exciting life. haha :lol:

I can`t wait for you to find out more. hahahha

Have fun.

Well, no surprise... the TV station that put this report together overstretched quite a bit on the facts:

Other things to note - these programs started in 2000 and the first grants were announced under President George W Bush, so nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Fact Check

Still, the station got its ratings for ringing the alarm that hundreds of millions was going to fix mosques overseas, and no amount of fact checking will take those ratings back from them. TV news and particularly commentary is impervious to falsehood, it seems.

The other thing you may be wondering: why is the US doing this in the first place ? The answer is to buy influence with the powers that be. Why was Mubarek considered a US ally ? Because he was in the pocket of the US, and guess what - that made good sense for American interests at that time.

A program that was started under Clinton, launched under Bush and continued under Obama couldn't just be a giveaway, could it ? Does anybody think that BOTH American political parties are so stupid to be ripped off by Egypt ?

How much knowledge of the US State Department strategy does the average Georgia TV viewer have ?

It costs a whole lot less to fix a sewer then to start a Trillion dollar was but don't tell the right that because they don't want to listen or learn from the past.