Your Barack Obama 3-year report card

Pretty sure Shady Romney back ALOT of bankrupted companies. Tell us more about those to.

notwithstanding SODS* ...

The Wall Street Journal, aiming for a comprehensive assessment, examined 77 businesses Bain invested in while Mr. Romney led the firm from its 1984 start until early 1999, to see how they fared during Bain's involvement and shortly afterward.

Among the findings:
22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, sometimes with substantial job losses

but... let's see, what might be an underlying causal link... hmmmm:

(Ener1) filed for bankruptcy protection today after defaulting on bond debt amid
heavy competition from Asia

The company has been affected by competing battery developers in China and Korea, "which generally have a lower cost manufacturing base" and lower labor and raw material costs
, interim CEO Alex Sorokin said in the petition. The company makes lithium-ion batteries for plug-in electric cars.

*SODS - ShadyObamaDerangementSyndrome

on edit: in deference to MLW member 'sharkman' struck down previous reference to SODS

Edited by waldo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is fair of you to look at someons's biases when evaluating their opinion. By the same token, your biases discount your opinions of Obama.

you start with a premise that speaks to an underlying presumptive unfairness... and then you talk yourself out of your own premise. Do you actually have a point?

Pretty sure Shady Romney back ALOT of bankrupted companies. Tell us more about those to.

Nah, Romney's alot better at investing than Obama is. That should be pretty evident by now.

22% either filed for bankruptcy reorganization or closed their doors by the end of the eighth year after Bain first invested, sometimes with substantial job losses.

Yep, when you're operation is based on turning around struggling companies, some struggling companies can't be turned around. It's not rocket science. :rolleyes:

Ener1) filed for bankruptcy protection today after defaulting on bond debt amid heavy competition from Asia.

The company has been affected by competing battery developers in China and Korea, "which generally have a lower cost manufacturing base" and lower labor and raw material costs, interim CEO Alex Sorokin said in the petition. The company makes lithium-ion batteries for plug-in electric cars

Gee, maybe the Obama administration should have looked into that before flushing tax dollars down the toilet. Although, I bet the competition from Asia doesn't have the same burden of EPA regulations to deal with regarding raw materials, and the same Obamacare regulations regarding labour costs, eh waldo? :lol:

Thanks for making two of my previous points.

sharkman, taken care of... post edited to protect your sensitivities. In any case, I yearn for a day when my analysis, it's prowess (as you say), would be as unencumbered of, as you say, strong feelings, of bias, as yours is! Savvy?

Okay, now you've lost me. What does that mean, or perhaps more specifically, what does that mean to you?

Okay, now you've lost me.

I have no interest in perpetuating your attempts to personalize and marginalize. I struck down my earlier post reference to SODS - I suggest you move along and attempt to aid in meaningful and substantive discussion rather than disruptive comment.

you mean your... talking points?

Nice dodge. I'll take that as a no, they don't have the same regulatory burden regarding raw materials and labour.

by the by, I'm still waiting for you to supply those outsource numbers... how's your crack research team doing so far? Will you have those numbers soon?

I already posted several examples.

Nice dodge. I'll take that as a no, they don't have the same regulatory burden regarding raw materials and labour.

no dodge - you're nothing but Mr. Talking Points! You offer nothing but broad based unsubstantiated claims suggesting that the described Ener1 company competitiveness failing (as compared to Asia), is due to EPA regulations relative to "raw materials" and Obamacare relative to "labour costs". Notwithstanding you can't actually pin your unsubstantiated claims concerning the EPA on Obama.

of course, you could actually move beyond your unsubstantiated talking point level if you could step up and state:

- which EPA regulations relative to what raw materials?

- which Obamacare regulations relative to what labour costs?

I already posted several examples.

so what? Your examples were frivolous and were quite readily dispatched... notwithstanding you never provided any semblance of overall outsourcing numbers for each of your frivolous examples. Notwithstanding you have failed to provide any summary accounting of overall outsourcing numbers that would support your declaration that, "Obama's brutal regulations and new taxes has done more to outsource jobs... than any single person in the history of the country"? How many outsourced jobs? How many? Until you actually step-up and provide those numbers, this is simply another example of ShadyTalkingPoints... unsubstantiated ShadyTalkingPoints.

which EPA regulations relative to what raw materials?

Any raw materials extracted the same way coal, oil, natural gas. Like I've said, it's not rocket science.

which Obamacare regulations relative to what labour costs?

The new costs to businesses. Which is why you'll notice that the Obama administration has given out 1200 waivers representint 3 million workers.

notwithstanding you never provided any semblance of overall outsourcing numbers for each of your frivolous examples.

I'm not sure why you think that the examples are frivolous. They are specific examples of the current administration's economic policies that are significantly contributing to outsourcing and job killing. Those are facts. :)

Really with 1/4th of all companies he invested in going bankrupt I would say his rack record is poor.

Not at all. When one's business is about turning around already struggling companies, there's going to be a higher rate of failure than would otherwise exist. It's like a doctor that takes care of critical patients vs a doctor that takes care of healthy ones.

no dodge - you're nothing but Mr. Talking Points! You offer nothing but broad based unsubstantiated claims suggesting that the described Ener1 company competitiveness failing (as compared to Asia), is due to EPA regulations relative to "raw materials" and Obamacare relative to "labour costs". Notwithstanding you can't actually pin your unsubstantiated claims concerning the EPA on Obama.

of course, you could actually move beyond your unsubstantiated talking point level if you could step up and state:

- which EPA regulations relative to what raw materials?

- which Obamacare regulations relative to what labour costs?

Any raw materials extracted the same way coal, oil, natural gas. Like I've said, it's not rocket science.

The new costs to businesses. Which is why you'll notice that the Obama administration has given out 1200 waivers representint 3 million workers.

interesting... how you apply your 'rocket science'. Ener1 is an electric battery company...developing compact, lithium-ion-powered battery solutions. Your grandiose puffery has you claiming the competitive failure of Ener1 (relative to Asian manufacturers), is due to, as you stated, "EPA regulations relative to raw materials". Again, which EPA regulations in regards to what raw materials... that support Ener1's manufacture of compact, lithium ion-powered battery solutions? Which EPA regulations... what raw materials. You repeatedly beak-off with claims you can't substantiate. Let's also be clear here: you doubled down by using your unsubstantiated EPA regulation reference as a slam against Obama... step-up and also associate the EPA regulation(s) you refuse to identify as regulation(s) associated with the Obama admin. Of course you can; after all, as you say, it's not rocket science!

you continue your grandiose puffery by claiming the competitive failure of Ener1 (relative to Asian manufacturers), is due to, as you stated, "Obamacare relative to labour costs". You provide nothing... nothing, to support that claim. Again, you beak-off without providing any substantiation - name the facets of Obamacare, cost them, apply that with specificity to Ener1 and compare it to the referenced Asian manufacturers in China/Korea. Beyond doing that, your nothingness is exposed for what it is: unsubstantiated talking points; nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not sure why you think that the examples are frivolous. They are specific examples of the current administration's economic policies that are significantly contributing to outsourcing and job killing. Those are facts. :)

your presumptive outsourcing examples are frivolous on two levels... they have no broad standing in the greater labour pool and you refuse to quantify them; i.e., state the number of outsourced jobs you're speaking to. It was another of your grandiose unsubstantiated claims; another claim where you have failed to provide any summary accounting of overall outsourcing numbers that would support your declaration that, "Obama's brutal regulations and new taxes has done more to outsource jobs... than any single person in the history of the country"? Again, how many outsourced jobs? How many? As you say, "it's not rocket science". If you're prepared to make the claim, you need to be in position to substantiate it... you haven't. Notwithstanding you have yet to state, specifically, which Obama regulations and which Obama new taxes you attribute as the cause for your unsubstantiated claim concerning outsourcing?

Don't confuse the role of venture capital with private equity.

which is a salient point in terms of recognizing risk attachments. Of course, we have one poster on MLW who has repeatedly beaked-off about some of the failures within the U.S. DOE's new green-energy investment portfolio... where the associated process includes an acceptance of high-risk and expected degrees of business failure. I stand to be corrected, but as I recall, the DOE built-in some $2 Billion dollars into the related funding plan specifically for anticipated failures within the high-risk investments. Of course, it makes for slimy, swarmy political partisanship to beat the drum over these government investment failures... while showcasing hypocrisy by categorizing and minimizing risk/failure within the private sector as simply another facet of the business cycle.

Not at all. When one's business is about turning around already struggling companies, there's going to be a higher rate of failure than would otherwise exist. It's like a doctor that takes care of critical patients vs a doctor that takes care of healthy ones.

But some of the healthy patients died. They were in good shape before Romney came to town.

I can do talking points too!!!