Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's far from over in terms of the time and process that remains, but I don't think we have seen anything that will unseat the inevitable nominee.

We have, but people think he is so crazy for supporting the constitution. That's the kind of mentality we face. People laugh at you when you tell them what the government is doing, but will go on and on and on and on about whatever happened on the weekend between various sports teams.

'Hey do you know the government is doing this to you?'

blank stares

'Yeah but .. FOOOTBAWWWLLL!'

what's the points in posting information on catholics when you know that it's the evangelicals that are a factor:

Romney's Mormon Faith Likely a Factor in Primaries, Not in a General Election

White evangelical Protestants – a key element of the GOP electoral base – are more inclined than the public as a whole to view Mormonism as a non-Christian faith. And this view is linked to opinions about Romney: Republicans who say Mormonism is not a Christian religion are less likely to support Romney for the GOP nomination and offer a less favorable assessment of him generally. But they seem prepared to overwhelmingly back him in a run against Obama in the general election.

http://www.pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Romneys-Mormon-Faith-Likely-a-Factor-in-Primaries-Not-in-a-General-Election.aspx

this is why south carolina is going to be a good indication as to where the nomination is heading towards.

Actually, Romney won evangelical voters last night too. Try again.

yeah, anyway, to call it over and out after NH is premature. south carolina will be a good measuring stick and will show which way the evangelicals/tea party supporters will go.

Edited by bud

Guest American Woman

We have, but people think he is so crazy for supporting the constitution. That's the kind of mentality we face. People laugh at you when you tell them what the government is doing, but will go on and on and on and on about whatever happened on the weekend between various sports teams.

'Hey do you know the government is doing this to you?'

blank stares

'Yeah but .. FOOOTBAWWWLLL!'

Yay Packers! The Packers will win the Super Bowl - Ron Paul will not win the GOP nomination, much less become POTUS. People think he's crazy because of the kind of mentality he has.

Romney looks pretty good, but the danger for him is that hes seen as a liberal by many in a group of people who thinks liberals are worse than child molestors.

If the conservative vote consolidates around one of the other candidates this could still be a contest. Even if its crazy Uncle Ronnie! Paul should keep pushing polls showing he has a better chance to beat Obama than Romney, because as we get further in that might become important. I imagine lots of republican voters in the primaries think winning the actual election is pretty important.

Nobody is going to defeat the incumbent president based on debates, not even blowhard historian Newt Gingrich.

No, and that's not what I said. I think Romney will look bad in a debate. All Obama has to do is hold the line, not screw up and he wins. But if Romney looks like a monkey in the debate, it's bad for him. It will be about who loses it, not who wins it.

No, and that's not what I said. I think Romney will look bad in a debate. All Obama has to do is hold the line, not screw up and he wins. But if Romney looks like a monkey in the debate, it's bad for him. It will be about who loses it, not who wins it.

I don't think Romney will look bad at all in the debates. In fact, it's Obama that's gonna be in a tough position. He's going to have to answer for the last few years of his failed policies and broken promises. No blaming George Bush this time around.

2012 will go down much like 2004. A very beatable incumbent gets in by default because the opposing party couldn't get its act together and nominate a powerhouse candidate. Romney is more of a Democrat than a Republican anyway.

I disagree. I think Romney's nomination IS the Republican party getting its act together.

I don't think Romney will look bad at all in the debates. In fact, it's Obama that's gonna be in a tough position. He's going to have to answer for the last few years of his failed policies and broken promises. No blaming George Bush this time around.

I disagree. I think Romney's nomination IS the Republican party getting its act together.

Yeah but you think all that for the same reason mothers think their ugly kids are cute.

Yeah but you think all that for the same reason mothers think their ugly kids are cute.

I disagree. I actually can't wait until Obama's forced to answer for his policies, and all of his broken promises. It's gonna be fun, fun, fun! I'll have my popcorn ready. :)

I disagree. I actually can't wait until Obama's forced to answer for his policies, and all of his broken promises. It's gonna be fun, fun, fun! I'll have my popcorn ready. :)

He'll blame Bush. He'll blame Congress. He'll blame Europe and big oil, and the bitter gun and God clingers. And he'll get his clock cleaned.

presuming your premise has merit, how much of the last few years of your perceived Obama failure are you willing to attribute to the GOP-led, Tea-Party driven, 'do-nothing' House?

which particular "failed policies and broken promises" are you highlighting... the ones completely independent and separate from the influence of the previous Bush admin?

Yay Packers! The Packers will win the Super Bowl - Ron Paul will not win the GOP nomination, much less become POTUS. People think he's crazy because of the kind of mentality he has.

Personal responsibility is crazy?

Supporting the constitution is crazy?

Supporting true liberty and freedom is crazy?

Reducing government is crazy?

Holding the government responsible is crazy?

Ending wars that only cause more terrorism is crazy?

Stopping corruption within the government/wallstreet/corporations is crazy?

If I still got my popcorn waiting for Bush answering to his policies, you are going to wait a lot longer for Obama.

Personal responsibility is crazy?

Supporting the constitution is crazy?

Supporting true liberty and freedom is crazy?

Reducing government is crazy?

Holding the government responsible is crazy?

Ending wars that only cause more terrorism is crazy?

Stopping corruption within the government/wallstreet/corporations is crazy?

Yes. if you are completely entrenched in the system and believe in it, and are generally afraid of everyone else. Then anything that challenges the status quo is "crazy".

Ron Paul will not win the GOP nomination, much less become POTUS. People think he's crazy because of the kind of mentality he has.

just because he wants to stop sending aid to israel and other countries, it doesn't make him crazy. israeli nationalists are so afraid of ron paul.

Edited by bud

presuming your premise has merit, how much of the last few years of your perceived Obama failure are you willing to attribute to the GOP-led, Tea-Party driven, 'do-nothing' House?

which particular "failed policies and broken promises" are you highlighting... the ones completely independent and separate from the influence of the previous Bush admin?

It doesn't matter what you or Shady or I thinks, it's what the american voter perceives to be the issues. And they are numerous failed attempts to get the economy going coupled with pay-outs to big corporations and banks, among other things. The buck stops with Obama now, regardless of what you think Bush did or didn't do, and Obama will have his day of reckoning.

Edited by sharkman

Guest American Woman

just because he wants to stop sending aid to israel and other countries, it doesn't make him crazy. israeli nationalists are so afraid of ron paul.

Did I say it did?? There are other issues besides Israel, you know. :rolleyes:

Guest American Woman

It doesn't matter what you or Shady or I thinks, it's what the american voter perceives to be the issues. And they are numerous failed attempts to get the economy going coupled with pay-outs to big corporations and banks, among other things. The buck stops with Obama now, regardless of what you think Bush did or didn't do, and Obama will have his day of reckoning.

This is what I was going to say - the issues are different for everyone, so they should be whatever individual Americans think they should be.

The buck doesn't stop with Obama regarding the economy, though. He doesn't have that kind of singular power - our government wasn't set up that way.