Romney, The Inevitable Nominee

No kidding. If Shady wants to talk about borrowing money, we can talk about the amount of money Bush and Cheney borrowed to take the country into two wars. But for their argument to work, you have to ignore and also apologize for the previous administration's outrageous spending.

That is why they are going to lose this one. It is too soon to pretend they are the party of cutting, well I mean cutting anything besides taxes that is (unpaid for cuts I might add).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Obama policies make up very little of the current spending...and the president doesn't spend, the congress does.

Dont tell Shady that he doesn't know yet most of the spending is the republicans fault and he should support someone else if he walks his talk.

Edited by punked

Actually, Obama policies make up very little of the current spending

True, as a percentage, but that can be said about any President. However, when you look at the budgets he's proposed, the spending is extraordinary high, like the EPA seeing it's budget increased by 124% since Obama took over. But yeah, if you want to lump in the Democrat controlled congress too, I'd agree. They've spent, and spent, and spent. Making Bush look like an amateur.

...and the president doesn't spend, the congress does.

Yes, but the President constructs budgets, and then seeks funding for it. Like he has over the last few years. Only now is he running up against a congress that won't give him everything he wants. And even then, he's still being give trillions and trillions of debt to spend. Yet the Republican congress is be ridiculed as "extremeist" for wanting to cut spending.

Did you know that Obama will add more to the debt in just one term, than Bush did in 2?

But also cut more then Bush ever did. Infact today Obama asked congress for the authority to merge 1000 Federal agencies to cut down on redundancy.

Great, so if this is true, how much less is the deficit going to be next year? How much less will the federal budget be?

He's a johnny-come-lately. He's had almost 4 years, and waits until the very end, coincidently when he's up for re-election to make these types of proposals. After spending the first few years spending like a drunken sailor. Cutting back a little from irresponsible, never-before-seen levels of spending isn't anything to be impressed by. :rolleyes:

Great, so if this is true, how much less is the deficit going to be next year? How much less will the federal budget be?

He's a johnny-come-lately. He's had almost 4 years, and waits until the very end, coincidently when he's up for re-election to make these types of proposals. After spending the first few years spending like a drunken sailor. Cutting back a little from irresponsible, never-before-seen levels of spending isn't anything to be impressed by. :rolleyes:

3 Billion dollars Shady. Yah and Harper just started cutting now to Shady yet you never get on his case. Hmmmmmm. Again Cut more then Bush ever did so why you supporting the Republicans again? It just wont play this time sorry Shady.

3 Billion dollars Shady.

Unfortunately, that's one-four-hundredth of the debt limit increase he just requested from Congress. He's a fiscal hawk! :rolleyes::lol:

So instead of a $1.5 trillion dollar defict it's going to be $1.497 trillion? :lol:

Edited by Shady

Unfortunately, that's one-four-hundredth of the debt limit increase he just requested from Congress. He's a fiscal hawk! :rolleyes::lol:

So instead of a $1.5 trillion dollar defict it's going to be $1.497 trillion? :lol:

So the debt is smaller today then it was yesterday. Something I never said when Bush was in Office Shady. Although I bet the republican congress says no because they hate it when the debt goes down.

So the debt is smaller today then it was yesterday.

No, it's actually bigger. Spending less money than you don't have still increases the debt. Actually, in the time it took me to type this post, Obama's increased the debt greater than any savings in the proposed merger.

This is all you need to know about Obama. He requests a debt commission. They report. He completely ignores all of its recommendations, and releases a budget so irresponsible that it gets voted down 97 - 0 in the senate. Did you read that? 97 - 0! He didn't get ONE SINGLE democrat to even vote for it. :lol:

Edited by Shady

No, it's actually bigger. Spending less money than you don't have still increases the debt. Actually, in the time it took me to type this post, Obama's increased the debt greater than any savings in the proposed merger.

This is all you need to know about Obama. He requests a debt commission. They report. He completely ignores all of its recommendations, and releases a budget so irresponsible that it gets voted down 97 - 0 in the senate. Did you read that? 97 - 0! He didn't get ONE SINGLE democrat to even vote for it. :lol:

Again Shady Republican Congress controls the money. Do you need a lesson in civics? It is clear you don't understand what the rolls of different levels of government are. Cry me a river though. Did you know that the Republican congress is going to add more to the debt over these last two years then the Democrat congress did for 4? Better not put one in charge of the Whitehorse by your own admission they are a failure.

Again Shady Republican Congress controls the money.

Now they do. They didn't in Obama's previous two years. But I agree, they should be a lot tougher on spending. Even if it means shutting down the government. It seems to be the only way to get Obama to stop the reckless and irresponsible spending. I mean, who's ever heard of an average deficit of $1.5 trillion? :blink:

Yet, that's not enough. He wants more money. More money for education, more money for health care, more money for this, more money for that. It literally doesn't stop.

Now they do. They didn't in Obama's previous two years. But I agree, they should be a lot tougher on spending. Even if it means shutting down the government. It seems to be the only way to get Obama to stop the reckless and irresponsible spending. I mean, who's ever heard of an average deficit of $1.5 trillion? :blink:

Yet, that's not enough. He wants more money. More money for education, more money for health care, more money for this, more money for that. It literally doesn't stop.

Again Obama doesn't control the spending Shady. That is not what the Constitution says the congress does. The republican congress who promised to tighten the purse strings in 2010 and was lying. Just like old Romney is doing now and Bush did before.

Again Obama doesn't control the spending Shady. That is not what the Constitution says the congress does. The republican congress who promised to tighten the purse strings in 2010 and was lying. Just like old Romney is doing now and Bush did before.

I already said, I'm not talking anymore about the current failure in the White House. This thread is about the next President of the United States, Mitt Romney!

I already said, I'm not talking anymore about the current failure in the White House. This thread is about the next President of the United States, Mitt Romney!

You weren't talking about the Whitehouse in the first place Shady you were talking about the failures of the republican congress and pretending that the Whitehouse controls spending. That is the problem. Again we see how republicans spend so why vote Romney if that is an issue for you. You are much better off supporting Garry Johnson someone who has actually cut something when he was a Governor not like Romney who has a history of spending.

You weren't talking about the Whitehouse in the first place Shady you were talking about the failures of the republican congress and pretending that the Whitehouse controls spending. That is the problem. Again we see how republicans spend so why vote Romney if that is an issue for you. You are much better off supporting Garry Johnson someone who has actually cut something when he was a Governor not like Romney who has a history of spending.

Even if Romney is President, he can't spend money. Right?

So why bring it up again?

Because President's have the final say on budgets. If a budget is too large, they can veto the bill and send it back for correction. Something the current failure would never do. I have confidence that Romney will veto irresponsible budgets.

Because President's have the final say on budgets. If a budget is too large, they can veto the bill and send it back for correction. Something the current failure would never do. I have confidence that Romney will veto irresponsible budgets.

They can do that but because the Republicans refuse to send a budget anytime before the last seconds before a government shut down it is kinda hard. Unless that is you want 500,000 Americans out of work in a single day. Is that what President Romney will do? Shut down the government doesn't sound very popular to me.

polls, polls, polls:

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/primary/rep/sc/

Mitt Romney leads the South Carolina Republican presidential primary with 29%. Newt Gingrich is in second place with 25% and Ron Paul is in third place with 20%.

Paul has gained the most and Rick Santorum has lost the most since the last American Research Group survey on January 4-5. In that survey, Paul was at 9% and Santorum was at 24%.