OCCUPY

WWWTT

You forgot, small Children also make demands.

And everyone else.

This is definately funny stuff though. First the group is critisized for not articulating the things they want. So they publish a list and retards respond with "terrorists and small children make demands".

I dunnot how its even possible, but you guys are actually making Occupy protesters look sophisticated :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont see why thats an issue. If you look at how the Arab Spring started it actually IS quite similar. The origional concerns were mostly economic. In Tunisia there had been protests similar to Occupy for years before anything actually came of it.

And we've had abortion protests for years, how's that going? The western world in the shape its in is still way better off than other areas of the world and still has more opportunity. In the ME, there was no opportunity and an aristocracy that didn't invest/provife jobs/buy things/save in local banks.

Terrorists and kidnappers make demands....protesters petition the existing government to seek a redress of well developed grievances.

Right, all those anti Viet Nam war protesters were terrorists and kidnappers. Of course protesters make demands, that is why they are protesting. Goofy as some of these demands are, I don't see any demanding overthrow of the present government or advocating the use of violence. Mostly I see a desire for more open government and access to the democratic process.

Right, all those anti Viet Nam war protesters were terrorists and kidnappers. Of course protesters make demands, that is why they are protesting.

No, any such "demands" were made in the context of existing government, save for the true revolutionaries actually seeking to overthrow same. What have these clowns done in the way of using existing avenues for redress? Protesting communicates disatisfaction, but demands short circuit legal government process.

These fools can't "demand" a damn thing.

...I dunnot how its even possible, but you guys are actually making Occupy protesters look sophisticated :lol:

Oh great, we can't wait for you to glorify their "manifesto" as well. Democracy without democracy...what a concept!

Which one of their demands was to be presented for public vote?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't see any demanding overthrow of the present government...

Right. So then those of the "occupy" protesters who consider themselves on an equal footing with the participants in the Arab Spring can only be doing so in order to make themselves feel more important and bask in the revolutionary romanticism of it all. To simply give themselves an inflated sense of their own importance, these coddled protesters in city parks and squares are being quite disrespectful of the actual revolutionaries - who realistically risked their lives in pursuit of democratic governance.

I see a desire for more... access to the democratic process.

How much more access can they practically have?

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

Guest Derek L

Oh great, we can't wait for you to glorify their "manifesto" as well. Democracy without democracy...what a concept!

Which one of their demands was to be presented for public vote?

What if they politely request government follow their demands? ;)

Right, all those anti Viet Nam war protesters were terrorists and kidnappers. Of course protesters make demands, that is why they are protesting. Goofy as some of these demands are, I don't see any demanding overthrow of the present government or advocating the use of violence. Mostly I see a desire for more open government and access to the democratic process.

And the reality is that these people are just venting. They dont know how the financial system works and neither does 99% of the people defending it.

You dont need Occupiers to tell you that trying to fix every economic problem with currency expansion is not sustainable. It wont work for us any better than it did the Romans or Nazi Germany. Theres been plenty of voices warning us about this, for a long long time. Economists, bankers, capitalists and various people that are actually in the system and know how utterly fraudulent it is.

Like Henry Ford...

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Or President Woodrow Wilson... The guy that created the current financial system, after realizing what he had unwittingly done to his country...

"A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world-- no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men." -- President Woodrow Wilson

Or James Maddison...

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance." -- James Madison

Or Thomas Jefferson...

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance." -- James Madison

Or Robert Hamphill of the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank...

"We are completely dependant on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar

we have in circulation, cash or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system.... It is the most important subject intelligent persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it becomes widely understood and the defects remedied very soon." — Robert H. Hamphill, Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank

No, any such "demands" were made in the context of existing government, save for the true revolutionaries actually seeking to overthrow same. What have these clowns done in the way of using existing avenues for redress? Protesting communicates disatisfaction, but demands short circuit legal government process.

These fools can't "demand" a damn thing.

Protesting tells existing avenues that people no longer have confidence in them. Existing avenues should pay attention. This is a really interesting phenomenon and no one knows where it will lead. The question is, can it mature into a movement that can start presenting those well developed grievances you referred to? That needs to happen if this is to go to the next step.

Guest Derek L

And the reality is that these people are just venting. They dont know how the financial system works and neither does 99% of the people defending it.

You dont need Occupiers to tell you that trying to fix every economic problem with currency expansion is not sustainable. It wont work for us any better than it did the Romans or Nazi Germany. Theres been plenty of voices warning us about this, for a long long time. Economists, bankers, capitalists and various people that are actually in the system and know how utterly fraudulent it is.

Like Henry Ford...

Or President Woodrow Wilson... The guy that created the current financial system, after realizing what he had unwittingly done to his country...

Or James Maddison...

Or Thomas Jefferson...

Or Robert Hamphill of the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank...

Civilization is going to collapse because of our banking system? Jesus, if I didn’t have enough to worry about with zombies, nuclear war and BC’s mutated killer worms, now I have to worry about banks/credit? What, did climate change not scare enough people?

Civilization is going to collapse because of our banking system? Jesus, if I didn’t have enough to worry about with zombies, nuclear war and BC’s mutated killer worms, now I have to worry about banks/credit? What, did climate change not scare enough people?

Yea...too bad you didn't take more advice from that list of mostly dead Americans! ;)

Protesting tells existing avenues that people no longer have confidence in them. Existing avenues should pay attention. This is a really interesting phenomenon and no one knows where it will lead. The question is, can it mature into a movement that can start presenting those well developed grievances you referred to? That needs to happen if this is to go to the next step.

I dont think that DOES need to happen, and I dont think this particular group are the ones we want plotting the way forward. At best they can keep this stuff on the radar screen, and get other people thinking about whether what we are doing is sustainable or not.

These protests are just a bell-weather. If they grow, the government might have to start looking at some of the structural problems in our economic/monetary system.

I dont know if youve every played any civilization building games. But generally you can only ignore protest movements if they are very small. Attempting to ignore them once they have escalated past a certain point is a recipe for failure, and not a very intelligent strategy for governments. That doesnt mean youre going to allow protesters dictate policy or craft specific resolutions to problems. The government knows what the problems are, and will try to address them once theres enough pressure to do so.

But heres the thing... the protesters dont really have to do ANYTHING AT ALL! If they are right and the current system in unsustainable then the system will collapse on its own. If they are wrong... and the system IS sustainable, and our economic system is sound... then we see robust economic growth, lots of jobs, and plenty of tax revenue for services. If that happens the occupiers will just go home.

Edited by dre

Yea...too bad you didn't take more advice from that list of mostly dead Americans! ;)

Ok heres a Canadian.

Until the control of the issue of currency and credit is restored to government and recognized as its most conspicuous and sacred responsibility, all talk of sovereignty of Parliament and of democracy is idle and futile... Once a nation parts with control of its credit, it matters not who makes the nation’s laws... Usury once in control will wreck any nation.

William Lyon Mackenzie King

Guest Derek L

Occupy Vancouver protesters get notice to dismantle camp Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Occupy+Vancouver+protesters+notice+dismantle+camp/5669885/story.html#ixzz1d3ZwuQt0

Vancouver City Manager Penny Ballem has issued a written notice to protesters in the Occupy Vancouver camp to remove their tents.

The notice, issued Monday morning and posted in the camp on the grounds of the Vancouver Art Gallery, is the first formal step being taken towards obtaining a court order if the protesters don't comply.

City staff say the notice "is not an order" but rather a formal declaration under the city's Land Use Regulation Bylaw that doesn't have the same legal weight as a court injunction seeking compliance.

And in the capital:

Occupy Victoria campers rearrange tents but vow to stay Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Occupy+Victoria+campers+rearrange+tents+stay/5666187/story.html#ixzz1d3bnp7Wu

VICTORIA -- Protesters at the Occupy Victoria encampment linked arms and surrounded the main tent just before noon as they faced a deadline by the city to move their temporary structures. As the bells rang, the group of about 80 people chanted and cheered, calling for everyone to stay strong.

A few police officers stood and watched. No tickets were handed out.

Protesters say they are not leaving Centennial Square today, despite the warning from the city.

Fortin had said people will not be forced out of Centennial Square at the deadline, but the city will file for a B.C. Supreme court order to remove the tents and other structures. The city can also issue tickets to protesters should they not leave.

Fortin wants the campers to leave voluntarily in order to avoid any conflict. Waiting a week or two for an court injunction will cut into scheduled plans to set up for holiday festivities in the square.

Beautiful strategy by both Mayors……….Seek a court injunction from BC Supreme Court, well allowing the campers to leave or affect holiday celebrations, in turn, they’ll be tried in the court of public opinion………

Are the occupiers “demands” less relevant if they are not living in tents?

I just read the list. About 33% of it is various levels of crazy (9/11 truth, pulling out of NATO and trade agreements etc.) and the rest is stuff already pursued by other parties (it sounds like they want to get rid of the wheat board, by the way, so there's at least one CPC thing on there).

For the non-crazy things, the shopping list is expensive. Canadians just won't want to pay for those things, whether it's the 99% or the 1%.

There's an outside chance this thing will lead to a discussion on what we do pay for today, how much it costs, and whether we should be paying for other things instead.

Guest Derek L

Why yes...I always find that I command much attention and authority when living in a pup tent, not unlike Union soldiers at Gettysburg.

I don’t know if I’d give them that much credit…….I’m thinking more along the lines of an urban fusions of Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksnwIUyspps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T45MsH6pwM4

I don’t know if I’d give them that much credit…….I’m thinking more along the lines of an urban fusions of Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm.

I just think they need to cultivate their tent persona and embrace the opportunity to appeal as Lincoln or Montgomery. Some proper field shaving kits and latrine would do wonders for their cause. Muster for roll call each morning and form straight ranks!

Guest Derek L

Blowing up Parliament - that's what gunpowder treason and plot, as it where !!!

Indeed………choosing Guy Fawkes as the “face” of their movement is rather apt……..He didn’t accomplish his goals and was later tried in the Star Chamber and hung.