OCCUPY

WWWTT

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments by “Rick” for example on numerous threads we have relating to the topic, for example a few pages back:

And the comparison between the Arab Spring and the occupy movement made by yourself:

Let me ask you something,would you consider an election sweep from an opposition party a "overthrow" of the government?

Would this result involve the use of violence as in Libya.

Rick hasn't said anything like this.

And my comment was a question not a statement.

You did a good job in finding the list you have provided!I'm immpressed!

However this is not proof of a violent overthrow

WWWTT

Impression of which claim? That the Arab Spring was about replacing governments? Or, that there were "occupy" protesters who likened their cause to the Arab Spring?

The overall impression of the OCCUPY protests have not used violence.

WWWTT

Most of them sound pretty reasonable as a place to start even though they appear to be anti-CPC.

Why the hell would losers in Vancouver want an independent investigation of a terrorist crime in another country?

It would be like me demanding an independent investigation into the Air India bombing, including why it took 25 years the first time! ;)

I love it, they're 911 truthers!!! Too funny!!!

They're everywhere...

Anyways, who are they to be making demands in the first place?

Canadian citizens.

Canada has to pull out of NATO? Why, because they say so?

You aren't familiar with negotiation are you?

Guest Derek L

Most of them sound pretty reasonable as a place to start even though they appear to be anti-CPC.

Prior to an election, does the NDP (for example) release a “list of demands” or a policy platform?

Guest Derek L

Let me ask you something,would you consider an election sweep from an opposition party a "overthrow" of the government?

No.

Would this result involve the use of violence as in Libya

You likened the two......

Rick hasn't said anything like this.

He’s opined (in one of the several threads) about a “grassy knoll” solution for the Vancouver mayoral race.

And my comment was a question not a statement.

You did a good job in finding the list you have provided!I'm immpressed!

However this is not proof of a violent overthrow

What about those Guy Fawkes masks they wear? What’s their significance?……….And please don’t say that Natalie Portman movie……..They aspire to relive the Guy Fawkes experience? Didn’t end to well for him….

They're everywhere...

It speaks volumes that that's one of their demands. Negative volumes. When are they demanding an investigation into the moon landing? :lol:

Canadian citizens.

Well, I demand that Canada stays in NATO. And I represent a bigger percantage of Canadians than they do.

It speaks volumes that that's one of their demands. Negative volumes. When are they demanding an investigation into the moon landing?

I can't wait until we read the demands when they do Occupy Vulcan (AB)

Well, I demand that Canada stays in NATO. And I represent a bigger percantage of Canadians than they do.

You do? Cite.

No wonder the list of OCCUPY demands was suppressed...makes them look dumber than before. The smartest things to demand would be Arctic tents and a Whopper with cheese!

Or the vote for women. Can you imagine?

:rolleyes:

Guest Derek L

No wonder the list of OCCUPY demands was suppressed...makes them look dumber than before. The smartest things to demand would be Arctic tents and a Whopper with cheese!

They already “occupied” a BK in Oakland………….That ought to learn those evil 1%er franchise owners and their bootlicking employees

Nothing wrong with the intent in the context in which it emerged, no. But, again, the worth of the Arab Spring isn't at issue here; it's the "occupy" protesters who liken their cause with the Arab Spring.

I still dont see why thats an issue. If you look at how the Arab Spring started it actually IS quite similar. The origional concerns were mostly economic. In Tunisia there had been protests similar to Occupy for years before anything actually came of it.

Guest Derek L

Terrorists and kidnappers make demands....protesters petition the existing government to seek a redress of well developed grievances.

You forgot, small Children also make demands.