OCCUPY

WWWTT

OK now this topic has bein brewing for at least a couple of weeks now.

And I am totaly suprised nobody has started this thread in Canadian Federal politics yet on MLW?!?

Its about freekin time the left started getting vocal in the streets with this peacful protest!

But what really suprises me is the lame response?

It almost seems that the media/government are trying to ignore this protest.

Are they afraid because of the parallels that may be drawn with the protests in the middle east?

Is this a new tactic the government is tacking?No crackdown=no negative media attention?

WWWTT

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time for what...another American wannabe poser thread about occupying Wall Street?

Actually people usually protest when things within the country aren't going that well.

Are you saying that the protesters in Canada want things in Canada to be as bad in the USA?

WWWTT

Well it is finally coming to my nieghborhood

its not just the biggest cities. I'm in rank 13 population wise and it is starting up. area of perhaps half a million

I'll be keen to see if the choice of location effects the war protestors or if it will just converge,

I think that it really isn't wanna be but ameans of mass popularization of protests that have been ongoing for a long time but no receive much attention. This is a means of consolidating the wrongs of theelite and wealthy that have perpetuated wrongs such as war, environmental exploitation, and poverty to name a few.

In the wake of he g20 these protests are more about the right of disent and protest not simply cooking the pigs.

The courts still havn't dealt with the g20 arrests and it hapened over a year ago. A major reason for that was a preliminary hearing process that allowed the submission of 10's of thousands of pages of national security investigation of the accused -- the person hearing the case should have insured documents were vetted for relevant materials not required thousands and thousands of pages to be sifted through. It if filibustering while those people charged with conspiracy have their right to protest and organization withheld in some cases under house arrest, and the media banned from giving out details, so said to protect the identity of the imbeded national security agents thatare still or had infiltrated protest movements to disrupt them and collect evidence (or even set them up and boost them by giving them gifts to remove threats that otherwise would be clean). It is totally abuse of process that a Canadian court should not oblidge as it is an offence against the very heart of administration of justice in a free and democratic society.

With the popularization and media interest it allows acknowledgemet that has lacked from the ongoing protest no one hears bout, the antiwar proests every week, the antipoverty actions. The g20 isn't the only protest, things like grassy narrows arn't even in the public awareness, at the very least this occupy movement may give voice where once itwas abset in the public mind.

It is the move e t maki g the event, not the moveme t responding to one, i is an offensive, but simple means of asserting the free democratic processes that are being stripped by corrupt overlordship.

The message is as simple as "Power to the People!"

These protests areabout voice for the minority, the disenfranchised and oppressed,

and most of all the people who support freedom and democracy

Edited by William Ashley

OK now this topic has bein brewing for at least a couple of weeks now.

And I am totaly suprised nobody has started this thread in Canadian Federal politics yet on MLW?!?

Its about freekin time the left started getting vocal in the streets with this peacful protest!

But what really suprises me is the lame response?

It almost seems that the media/government are trying to ignore this protest.

Are they afraid because of the parallels that may be drawn with the protests in the middle east?

Is this a new tactic the government is tacking?No crackdown=no negative media attention?

WWWTT

A pointless exercise by a group of simplistic and naive people who, by and large, don't really have any idea what they want, just that they don't like their own general lack of success. Blame the banks and the rich? well, not really. Try blaming the people themselves. That's right, the 99%. They're as responsible as anyone else for borrowing too much, wanting too much NOW (which requires governments to borrow), and assuming a sense of entitlement to a lifestyle and consumer goods they haven't earned. I'm with Tasha Kheiriddin on this.

Tasha Kheiriddin

And by the way, get the hell out of the road! Those people trying to get home from their jobs are not billionaires in limousines. They're ordinary people who actually work for a living and can't afford to sit around in parks all day protesting about the capitalist plot to destroy mankind.

And by the way, get the hell out of the road! Those people trying to get home from their jobs are not billionaires in limousines. They're ordinary people who actually work for a living and can't afford to sit around in parks all day protesting about the capitalist plot to destroy mankind.

What about road construction?

Oh and by the way,those protestors blocking your way,if you actually drive down the main drang their blocking and you don't take an alternate route home,are trying to improve your life aswell!

WWWTT

They can't even improve their own lives....no thanks losers!

I no rite. When there are 20,000 unemployed and 450 job ads in a county, many repeats.

It's the unemployed who are obviously at fault.

They need only blame themselves.

OK-- these guys are too flighty to have or hold a job, have a normal life as the working public is used to and , as wastrels will, are likely to fly with the first snow, so we should be rid of them later this week.

The hilarious thing about them is that they are very likely the products of the greedy. Most working folk can't afford to finance their unemployed youth's idiocy so most of these youths, like the hooligan children who trashed Vancouver & Toronto, are the offspring of the same people they are decrying as greedy capitalists and so are being supported by the very greed that they protest, the greed that makes the protest possible.

It's sort of like a rattlesnake biting it's own tail.

Of course--- there seems to be a lot of co-ed activity which will make the nights seem warmer for them.

That's right. Keep generalizing them as the "unwashed masses", as some sort of filthy animalistic other that have nothing to do with each and every one of you that posts on this forum. That way when it's characterized as terrorism, you'll be perfectly fine with their civil liberties being taken away. One day you will wake up and realize that those that are fighting are you and not some other. You'll realize that it is not someone else's rights that are gone, but yours.

What about road construction?

Oh and by the way,those protestors blocking your way,if you actually drive down the main drang their blocking and you don't take an alternate route home,are trying to improve your life aswell!

WWWTT

I don't need their help, thanks. My stocks did fine today...

That's right. Keep generalizing them as the "unwashed masses", as some sort of filthy animalistic other that have nothing to do with each and every one of you that posts on this forum. That way when it's characterized as terrorism, you'll be perfectly fine with their civil liberties being taken away. One day you will wake up and realize that those that are fighting are you and not some other. You'll realize that it is not someone else's rights that are gone, but yours.

What's with the tin foil hat. Good grief.