The bravest person in Canada

Guest American Woman

Many company will definitely don't want a person that could bring problem.

That's your take on it, but she may have thought the attention that she's getting from her 15 minutes of fame could have help her get a job. Note that she waited until she was near the end of her year long job as page to 'bravely' hold up her sign - a sign saying basically nothing - standing up for basically nothing except to say she doesn't like Harper.

I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 it looks as if she's leaning much more towards 'stupid' than 'brave.'

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1989 Tiananman Square things are promoted and financially supported by CIA. after China crack it, China can improve the life standard there for 20 years till now and stupidly saved US by buy so many US bond and let the money disappear.

China work with CIA to hurry up westernization get market economy and McDonald's happy meal.

Right or wrong she did what she thought she needed to do. She's been working there for over a year and she probably seen and heard things about the Harper government that would probably made her blood boil. Even under the Chretien government, no one felt they had to protest in the senate and doing it while the person you are protesting is seating right there. Think about it. You may see her down the road as a member of parliament and she has already had job offers.

I think she has guts for doing that. Although what she was protesting aka 'Harper' was a somewhat ridiculous, i mean we don't need an Arab-style uprising since we are a healthy democracy that just had an election that elected the man and his party.

But she still has every right to protest, it is guaranteed to her in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Her protest was peaceful and silent, i'm sure Gandhi would be proud. It certainly beats taking a gun (or a pie) and physically attacking the man.

It got her to the very top of the national headlines to get whatever message (however you may feel about it) she had out. I tip my cap to her.

Guest American Woman

But she still has every right to protest, it is guaranteed to her in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Her protest was peaceful and silent, i'm sure Gandhi would be proud. It certainly beats taking a gun (or a pie) and physically attacking the man.

Who said she didn't have a right to protest? No one, as far as I've seen. Who said her protest wasn't peaceful and silent? No one, as far as I've seen.

Ummm. She didn't go to jail. Nor did she risk it. As for risking her job, she was almost at the end of her year long job as page. Not a real impressive risk involved there. And exactly what kinds of jobs did she risk her future chances for?

I'd hire her. Maybe because being a page and listening to Harper for a year taught her something.

I admire the way she went out. It got the message across and there are probably many off and online talking what she did. She did it peacefully.

She is alright in my books.

Guest American Woman

I'd hire her. Maybe because being a page and listening to Harper for a year taught her something.

I admire the way she went out. It got the message across and there are probably many off and online talking what she did. She did it peacefully.

She is alright in my books.

Again, no one said she didn't do it peacefully. That doesn't make her all kinds of shades of "brave." She held up a sign saying basically nothing of relevance other than that she doesn't support Harper. Furthermore, people talk about all kinds of things - good and bad. The fact that there are people talking about it proves nothing more than that she got her 15 minutes of fame, just as I previously said.

It was hardly an act of bravery. She may be lots of things, but I would hardly put "bravery" front and forward.

At least she was risk to go to jail. And she risk her job. And she risk her future chance for working in many kind of works.

Do you guys love to stay in a jail?

I hear it's pretty bad. Tell us all about it. :)

At least she was risk to go to jail. And she risk her job. And she risk her future chance for working in many kind of works.

Do you guys love to stay in a jail?

Hyperbole much? Get a grip on reality.

Again, no one said she didn't do it peacefully. That doesn't make her all kinds of shades of "brave." She held up a sign saying basically nothing of relevance other than that she doesn't support Harper. Furthermore, people talk about all kinds of things - good and bad. The fact that there are people talking about it proves nothing more than that she got her 15 minutes of fame, just as I previously said.

It was hardly an act of bravery. She may be lots of things, but I would hardly put "bravery" front and forward.

It takes balls, guts, whatever to pull that kind of stunt. I don't anyone here, hiding behind internet anonymity, could say the same.

But hey, prove me wrong AW: what the fuck have you done in your life?

I read that she is some kind of theater actor and just trying to make a name for herself.

"All employees of the Senate are expected to serve the institution in a non-partisan manner, with competence, excellence, efficiency and objectivity," Kinsella said. "The incident raises serious security concerns which the Senate will fully investigate."

It takes balls, guts, whatever to pull that kind of stunt. I don't anyone here, hiding behind internet anonymity, could say the same.

Wow, it took guts. So does robbing a bank. She's a 21 year old moron. And she just made the jobs of current pages, and future pages that much harder. They'll all be under a microscope now.

But hey, prove me wrong AW: what the fuck have you done in your life?

I'm thinking that she doesn't have the need to advertise any of her braveness. Past or present. Or the need to "prove you wrong." As if you're some kind of authority figure! :lol: /facepalm.

Fellow forumers. According to Black Dogg, you must have done something "in your life" to have the legitimacy to be critical of this particular person, and this particular action. You've all been warned. :rolleyes:

Bridgette DePape is only 21 and has a huge heart of gold.

Her protest was peacefull and silent and effective.

I wish this young woman all the best and I hope what she has started gains steam and momentum!

WWWTT

It's quite telling thhat you think a 21 year old Uni student is the bravest person in Canada.

She is braver then our Police Officers, our firefighters and our soldiers?

Edited by Mr.Canada

It's quite telling thhat you think a 21 year old Uni student is the bravest person in Canada.

It's from the same person that was asking how big of a majority the NDP would win. And after the election, running and hiding for a few weeks like a coward.

Nonsense. All it took was zero respect for the position she was in and for the institution that she was hired to work for.

What an idiot. Claims that "3/4 of Canadians are against Harper". Basically claiming that anyone who didn't vote is against Harper and on her side. Fucking moron.

By that same measure, 81% of people are AGAINST the NDP and 89% of people are AGAINST the Liberals. But they should be in power because "75% of people are against the Cons". Retarded little child. :lol:

Man your a work of art buddy!

WWWTT

Who said she didn't have a right to protest? No one, as far as I've seen. Who said her protest wasn't peaceful and silent? No one, as far as I've seen.

Whats your point? Im giving reasons why i support this girl. They dont all need to be a response to other peoples opinions.

This girl done good. That's my thesis statement.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

You seem to be the most bothered here about this young womans actions.

She really got to you didn't she.

WWWTT

I think she has guts for doing that. Although what she was protesting aka 'Harper' was a somewhat ridiculous, i mean we don't need an Arab-style uprising since we are a healthy democracy that just had an election that elected the man and his party.

I do not believe our democracy is entirely healthy.

When there are so many people who profit from the status quo, how will it ever evolve to reflect a changing reality?

WWWTT

Yes she is!

And why is she not?

Because you don't like her?

WWWTT

It's from the same person that was asking how big of a majority the NDP would win. And after the election, running and hiding for a few weeks like a coward.

When did I say the NDP would get a majority in the last election?

You must be confusing me with someone else or you are lying.

I have a life by the way,so if I am away from this site for two or three weeks I wouldn't look to much into my absence.

Not responding to every little stupid thing anyone may say here is not a sign of weakness.

WWWTT