Federal Election Polls

The world has generally clung to liberal ideology. I wouldn't call that right wing.

What's right-wing is conservatives doing everything they can to shake it off. Looks like they're succeeding too which explains why just about everything is turning to shit.

OTOH maybe it's the cling-ons that are dragging things down and we just have to shake a little harder. What do you think?

Yes, this would play to Conservative's only remaining strong suit - national security. Who doubts manufacturing such an incident is beneath this gov't?

Well, I think they're probably smart enough to realize outright engineering such a thing would be difficult to do without getting caught, I mean they can't even manage a simple scam out of the PMO without cocking things up. But I definitely wouldn't put it past them to use one to their advantage and like I said I would probably count on Harper even attempting to put the election on hold - long enough for fear to sink in and sway voters his way.

Well, I think they're probably smart enough to realize outright engineering such a thing would be difficult to do without getting caught, I mean they can't even manage a simple scam out of the PMO without cocking things up. But I definitely wouldn't put it past them to use one to their advantage and like I said I would probably count on Harper even attempting to put the election on hold - long enough for fear to sink in and sway voters his way.

Most Conservative supporters here do not appreciate how unlikely their chances are becoming. For a snap shot of their predicament simply go page #1 and post #1 (Punked). This post, at the beginning of the 2011 campaign, showed Conservative support at 43%, a third higher than current soundings. All this loss, and more, has poured into the NDP column.

Will Tories accept their fate without trying extreme options?

The NDP finished the 2011 election with just over 30% of the vote. They haven't moved much since then.

They have gained about 5 points - measured repeatedly - a figure Conservatives would die for. The reason I write Harper off is simply Conservatives have no upside potential - NDP and Liberal candidates have vast pools off potential voters relative to Tories. Lately, polls hint the Conservative "rock solid" core base might, inordinately, not bother going to the polls.

Will Tories accept their fate without trying extreme options?

I'm pretty sure a few supporters would go meh but I don't think Harper would actually murder Canadians to score political points during an election. We're just not that far gone yet as a country.

Maybe in another twenty years when the world is in much more desperate shape and where desperate measures will be the norm.

Was the October killing of soldiers a false flag?? One Canadians journalist feel that way and here's why? http://www.globalresearch.ca/canadas-false-flag-terror-fingerprints-of-u-s-involvement/5412838

I do not agree with those theories as interesting as they may be.

Since those Ottawa killings have been mentioned I do recollect that murder. In retrospect, I now better understand the intentions of the killer.

When we go after those bad folks in the Middle East we go after their leaders - and proudly announce those kills.

This guy had no reason to target the soldier who was only standing guard. It made a lot more sense to go after those folks in the parliament buildings who were the ones who decided to send our soldiers into the region.

We keep hearing from our current government to fear more terrorist attacks on Canadian soil. Well I certainly hope we do not have any but if (God forbid) there are, I trust they target those elected officials in Ottawa who made those decisions and not the innocent Canadians just trying to peacefully get on with their own lives.

....We keep hearing from our current government to fear more terrorist attacks on Canadian soil. Well I certainly hope we do not have any but if (God forbid) there are, I trust they target those elected officials in Ottawa who made those decisions and not the innocent Canadians just trying to peacefully get on with their own lives.

Innocent Canadians voted for the elected officials in Ottawa, and pay the taxes for executing Canada's international policies.

So when all political parties push something you don't agree with, you deserve it whether you vote or not?

If you don't agree with any political party why not do something about. Run for political office or encourage someone else to run.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

If you don't agree with any political party why not do something about. Run for political office or encourage someone else to run.

Exactly. Join a party. Vote at their conventions. Help change their policies. Get involved. A lot of these people are happy to complain, but do nothing to change things.

Exactly. Join a party. Vote at their conventions. Help change their policies. Get involved. A lot of these people are happy to complain, but do nothing to change things.

Yes. I have told an old bf who constantly complained about his dissatisfaction to instead redirect his passion to running for something! Quit the complaints and do something about it!