Federal Election Polls

Elections are a popularity contest for the clueless, who happen to outnumber the clued in.

Sad but true, we will witness the end of the democratic experiment in our time.

I hope to be wrong.

Talk about cynical .... but hey, poll the clueless and you will find they, like the non-clueless, hate to be lied to.

Harper is obviously lying about his kept-in-the-dark knowledge of the Duffy payment. Harper's lies began the day he took office by appointing a defeated Tory candidate to the senate after promising voters he would place a moratorium on such appointments. He broke this promise another 58 times.

Who would knowingly re-elect such a blatant liar?

Talk about cynical .... but hey, poll the clueless and you will find they, like the non-clueless, hate to be lied to.

Harper is obviously lying about his kept-in-the-dark knowledge of the Duffy payment. Harper's lies began the day he took office by appointing a defeated Tory candidate to the senate after promising voters he would place a moratorium on such appointments. He broke this promise another 58 times.

Who would knowingly re-elect such a blatant liar?

The problem with increasing CPP is it pays a terrible rate of return--about 1% after compounding for 40 years with retirement at 65 and collecting for 20 years. The rate of return is a disgrace.

If the government was paying CPP recipients the same rate of return we're paying the public sector benefits would increase by 250-300%.

Our boys in the field got what they needed, when they needed it. We have done poorly on trying to buy some stuff, but in Afghanistan they received the heavy amour they needed. We went over in rented Russian planes with those little dinky jeeps, came home in our globe masters full of armour personel carriers . And of course the chinook helicopters.

Like I said, they got what they needed when they needed it. Right now we do not have many over seas ,just some SF and 10 planes. And if harper wins and the economy picks up which it will, that to will change. But can you say the same about the other 2. Both parties despise the military.

Like I said, they got what they needed when they needed it. Right now we do not have many over seas ,just some SF and 10 planes. And if harper wins and the economy picks up which it will, that to will change. But can you say the same about the other 2. Both parties despise the military.

And what evidence have you that the economy will pick up if Harper wins, given the current reality of growing debt and endless deficits.?

... and the best news for the NDP in the latest Forum poll? The regional Ontario numbers show a vast improvement:

NDP - 33

Cons -31

Libs - 31

If the NDP pick up only a third of seats there Conservatives have no hope of forming gov't.

This doesn't mean they'll pick up a third of the seats. That's the problem with polling. It's not done riding-by-riding, which would be way too expensive anyway. Seats are projected from popular counts, but the popular counts bear very little resemblance to seat counts. You can tell from Harper, Notley, and Chretien's majorities.

When people actually start to pay attention and realize the liberals and NDP are just going to raise taxes and gut the military , things will change.

Oh yeah. Harper's done soooo much for the military too. :rolleyes:

We used to have the most active peacekeepers in the world. We're somewhere around 60th now. Vets are pissed because he not only shrunk their support network, but the minister responsible turned around and insulted them.

Vote for Harper. The military man.

So much partisanship there PIK.

The CBC's involvement is the most troubling. They're no different than a public sector union that campaigns in an election. At least public sector unions tell us were they stand and make no bones about who they oppose; there's no ambiguity there. I wish CBC journos would be as forthright and upfront. CBC should be barred from covering all federal election campaigns because of their glaring conflict of interest, standing to gain millions from the defeat of the CPC when the next budget is presented by Libs, NDP or a coalition of the two. With more funding for them, how could that not possibly colour their news coverage of this election??

And again, what does this have to do with Nik Nanos using a rolling average?

So he told the truth about something and defended the have nots, and your excited about it? Unhuh, that's the left for you, so principled.

Yeah if telling the truth means saying nothing at all. Brad Wall and I'm sure the rest of the "have" premiers are probably wondering what the formula is and why it hasn't changed since who knows when becomes nobody knows anything about it.

I frankly don't care, I just find it funny how he will even turn on one of the only premiers in his corner.

... and the best news for the NDP in the latest Forum poll? The regional Ontario numbers show a vast improvement:

NDP - 33

Cons -31

Libs - 31

If the NDP pick up only a third of seats there Conservatives have no hope of forming gov't.

There's always hope, they'll just form a coalition with the Liberals....

...what?

The Liberals cannot join the NDP for a coalition with the NDP in charge.

JT has made it clear he has no plan for such a move.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tom-mulcair-open-to-coalition-but-justin-trudeau-opposed-1.3164644

It would also give an even bigger black eye to the history of the Federal Liberals.

They need to be in second place at least and make the last election look like a fluke.

I personally hope they go down in flames even if it means a NDP majority

The Liberals cannot join the NDP for a coalition with the NDP in charge.

JT has made it clear he has no plan for such a move.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tom-mulcair-open-to-coalition-but-justin-trudeau-opposed-1.3164644

It would also give an even bigger black eye to the history of the Federal Liberals.

They need to be in second place at least and make the last election look like a fluke.

I personally hope they go down in flames even if it means a NDP majority

I disagree. Trudeau has ruled out a formal coalition with the NDP but not an informal one which would function to defeat a Harper minority. The greatest black eye in political history would be had if Liberals had the MPs to defeat Harper but did nothing.

For non-Conservatives the over arching priority in 2015 is to turn Harper out of office.

I think that a Tory/Liberal coalition is a lot more likely than a Liberal/NDP one at this point.

I doubt that very much. If it happens to turn out that the CPC ends up with a slim minority, which is the very best Harper can wish for, you will see an informal Liberal/NDP agreement that will keep Harper in check.

Who needs insider knowledge? You just have to read between the lines.

I'm not seeing those same lines as you. The Liberals are fighting for their very survival. The last thing on their minds right now is playing second fiddle to the NDP.

I'm not seeing those same lines as you. The Liberals are fighting for their very survival. The last thing on their minds right now is playing second fiddle to the NDP.

Of course all parties will keep their "eye on the prize" until election day. But one obvious line from JT was "we are willing to work with all parties to ensure good legislation gets passed". That tells me there is tacit agreement to stop Harper from his wayward ways. No more C 51's for example.

Of course all parties will keep their "eye on the prize" until election day. But one obvious line from JT was "we are willing to work with all parties to ensure good legislation gets passed".

Yeah...I'm not sure where you're getting any of that from the above.