Federal Election Polls

We know the RBC PMI has dropped which is contra August being positive (for this ONE metric).

I'm just going by everything I've read. In the eyes of pretty much every economist, did happen and was over (some would also argue that we were never in recession because we had only 5 negative months, but I think that's quibbling over minutia).

I'm just going by everything I've read. In the eyes of pretty much every economist, did happen and was over (some would also argue that we were never in recession because we had only 5 negative months, but I think that's quibbling over minutia).

Fair enough.

And I would prefer it if these twits would simply state the obvious: we don't know yet and we are waiting on more information and better information.

I don't think it matters whether the media calls it a recession or technical recession or a recovery in the making.

What will matter is how people feel on election day which is still a long way off.

So far, I feel like I don't want to vote Conservative again, despite everything else I post.

These liberals are a long way off of the days of wilfrid laurier.

As for the ndp, i only need to look at manitoba for what happens. 420 million deficit and havent had a balanced budget in some time along with a credit downgrade. And those were the "moderate" ones!

As for the ndp, i only need to look at manitoba for what happens. 420 million deficit and havent had a balanced budget in some time along with a credit downgrade. And those were the "moderate" ones!

It's worth mentioning though - they were in surplus until the financial crisis and then the massive flood. It's also worth mentioning that they presided over 2 - 3 credit upgrades.

It's worth mentioning though - they were in surplus until the financial crisis and then the massive flood. It's also worth mentioning that they presided over 2 - 3 credit upgrades.

Then they bent the knee for the kennedy family and wasted a billion dollars sending a power line down the west side of the province and upping the pst. Sask will be in half the deficit with the wildfires and back to balanced budgets after. One time. The mb ndp still has a credit downgrade along with systemic deficits.

Add it all up and Tuesday's data suggests "there was a recession," TD Bank economist Randall Bartlett said. "In our view, it was a very very mild one in the first half of 2015, but that's behind us now and all indications point to a positive growing economy for the rest of the year."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gdp-economy-recession-1.3210790

But until the numbers indicate otherwise in 6-7 months, Canada officially remains in recession. Refer to the Balanced Budget Act thread and read Harpers own definition of a recession's conclusion.

Liberal are wrong on deficit spending. 80% of economy is growing. Only the resource sector is in recession. The economy will grow strongly in the second half of this year and the budget will likely balanced too. Don't fix it when it is not broken. The Cons have done well on economy but they did ran an undemocratic secretive government and the polls is just reflecting the latter not the former.

Only the resource sector is in recession.

This is a blatant lie. For the first half of the year not only were mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction down, but also construction, manufacturing, wholesale trade, and transportation and warehousing. See StatsCan CANSIM Table 379-0031: http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim/a26?lang=eng&id=3790031

Basically I was pointing to the fact that if there wasn't because of factors beyond the control of any government regardless of what party forms that government then the economy would have had solid growth. So lets not condemn the Tories for what they are of no fault but rather condemn them for what they are at fault and that is scandals and running undemocratic secretive corrupt government. I am far from being right wing. My posts are indicative of that fact.

Mulcair continues to be punished in the polls, likely for his dismissal of the debates in Harper's absence. Ekos has the numbers N-30.2, C-29.5, L-27.7, G-6.4, B-4.2, Oth-1.9. The NDP are down over 3.5 points since the end of July, CPC virtually unchanged (down half a point), and LPC up 2.5 points.

Edited by cybercoma

He may be down because of his immigration policy also the fact that he like conservative wishes to balance the budget this year and apparently his numbers don't add up. Even though I would like to vote ABC but Trudeau is no choice for me and I am beginning to have my doubts about voting Mulcair too!!!.

We shall see how Harper's response to the humanitarian refugee crisis - emphasizing military involvement - plays with voters.

If Justin Trudeau pulls this off, I'll be very surprised, and very disappointed. I think Mulcair's real problem is that the NDP and Liberals have switched places in terms of policy lately.

Yeah, I think the NDP was benefiting from a genuine resurgence in left-leaning sentiment globally and a fatigue with the two old-line parties in Canada. I don't think people wanted the NDP to become the Liberals.