Newest poll BAD news for progressives

The Liberal numbers are crashing as their voters move to the greens as far as I can tell. Newest poll has the Cons at 39% Libs 23 and NDP at 17. The internals are horrible for the Liberals their biggest drag is their leader by far who almost half of Canadians think of as Arrogant.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/ignatieffs-numbers-plummet-as-tories-unleash-another-attack-ad/article1937593/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... time for the biannual game of "chicken" where we see which opposition leader blinks first in finding an excuse to support the Conservatives on confidence votes?

-k

So... time for the biannual game of "chicken" where we see which opposition leader blinks first in finding an excuse to support the Conservatives on confidence votes?

-k

I wouldn't be surprised if PM Harper was doing these things on purpose to trigger an election. He's in majority territory and he isn't going down. Ignatieff is and Layton are. They have the most to lose I don't get why these guys would want an election. Layton is going to for sure lose seats.

I can understand people from Alberta voting for Harper but anyone else, I don't. It doesn't bother you of how the Tories have conducted themselves since taking the PMO? It doesn't bother you Harper doesn't follow Election Canada rules or ANY rules for that matter? If this were the Liberal party or the NDP party doing what Harper is doing and has done, you`d be the first to throw tham out! What is different? Are you also saying if you were part of the party you would go along with what he`s done and think its right cause Harper says so? Then YOU belong in jail with the rest of them! So, you don`t care if you pay more taxes because you will with the buying of the F35 and the increase number of prisons and we are talking billions and billions of dollars and the shrinking of the work force as boomers retire, the next generation will be paying for years.

I can understand people from Alberta voting for Harper but anyone else, I don't. It doesn't bother you of how the Tories have conducted themselves since taking the PMO? It doesn't bother you Harper doesn't follow Election Canada rules or ANY rules for that matter? If this were the Liberal party or the NDP party doing what Harper is doing and has done, you`d be the first to throw tham out! What is different? Are you also saying if you were part of the party you would go along with what he`s done and think its right cause Harper says so? Then YOU belong in jail with the rest of them! So, you don`t care if you pay more taxes because you will with the buying of the F35 and the increase number of prisons and we are talking billions and billions of dollars and the shrinking of the work force as boomers retire, the next generation will be paying for years.

BS topaz, A few minor events have happened ( which I am not happy about) compare to what chretien did the this country, harper is not out spreading envolepes around and using our institutions like via rail ,the post office, the RCMP in his scams. I am sick of the short memories and having the libs leading this charge is pathetic. When the economy is 1st on everyones mind and the libs can't gain ground on it ,and they have to resort to ethics, to try and win a election, tells me this country will go down fast with these fools at the helm. And one more thing , lets not forget howard wilson, remember howard, chretiens lap dog that made a mockery out of the ethics commision, did you conveniently forget about him, because I sure did'nt.

I can understand people from Alberta voting for Harper but anyone else, I don't. It doesn't bother you of how the Tories have conducted themselves since taking the PMO? It doesn't bother you Harper doesn't follow Election Canada rules or ANY rules for that matter?

The PM isn't following any rules? So he's starting taking out the opposition with an assault rifle across the isle in Question Period already? Damn I missed it.
If this were the Liberal party or the NDP party doing what Harper is doing and has done, you`d be the first to throw tham out! What is different?
These issues are really non issues with most Canadians. A certain amount of corruption is to be expected from any government. This is just really not that bad. They're are doing a very good job managing the economy and Canadians agree. They like the way PM Harper is handling things.
So, you don`t care if you pay more taxes because you will with the buying of the F35 and the increase number of prisons and we are talking billions and billions of dollars and the shrinking of the work force as boomers retire, the next generation will be paying for years.

We need new fighters no matter who the PMO is. The planes we have now are 40 years old. We haven't built any prisons since Canadas population was 15 million. We've been paying now, what will change? The poor people, the freeloaders, live off of what I pay in taxes every year. So they'll never pay anything.

The Liberal numbers are crashing as their voters move to the greens as far as I can tell. Newest poll has the Cons at 39% Libs 23 and NDP at 17. The internals are horrible for the Liberals their biggest drag is their leader by far who almost half of Canadians think of as Arrogant.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/ignatieffs-numbers-plummet-as-tories-unleash-another-attack-ad/article1937593/

At first, I couldn't figure out why the is bad for the Progressive Conservatives....until I realized you meant the left.

Funny though, given that the left is more concerned with protectionism and maintaining the entitlements, that they would label themselves as progressives...they are more like conservatives, trying to maintain the old order while the conservatives, trying to modernize are more like classical liberals.

First off Topaz, many of us disagree with you about how bad the things the Tories have done have actually been.

Second, what are we supposed to do if we also believe that the Liberals are WORSE?

BS topaz, A few minor events have happened ( which I am not happy about) compare to what chretien did the this country, harper is not out spreading envolepes around and using our institutions like via rail ,the post office, the RCMP in his scams. I am sick of the short memories and having the libs leading this charge is pathetic. When the economy is 1st on everyones mind and the libs can't gain ground on it ,and they have to resort to ethics, to try and win a election, tells me this country will go down fast with these fools at the helm. And one more thing , lets not forget howard wilson, remember howard, chretiens lap dog that made a mockery out of the ethics commision, did you conveniently forget about him, because I sure did'nt.

So Tell, how would you feel if the Liberals or the NDP, cheated and over spent 1.2 million and then got a rebate (taxpayers dollars, 800,000.00) from the from Election Canada? It wasn't a mistake, an accident, they planned it. It just like the bribing of Cadman, but thats ok with you too. You must not have high moral values, if you vote for this party knowing what they are charge with. As far as Chretien goes, most of the time I was too busy raising my family to keep tabs on the Libs but I DID vote them out over the adscam, are you going to vote out Harper? probably not.

The important thing is that the Harper Tories are crushing everyone else. bring on the election. I cannot believe that the opposition will be that stupid.

I wouldn't be so high on your horse just yet.

For instance, I would say that there has never been a time where so many have been disenchanted with the system. Those numbers you cite are the decided. I am willing to bet that there is a large segment out there that is not happy with their predicament and could very easily muck up a poll if the right campaign got to their hearts.

Canadians are seasonal politicians, best wait for the starting gun.

I wouldn't be so high on your horse just yet.

For instance, I would say that there has never been a time where so many have been disenchanted with the system. Those numbers you cite are the decided. I am willing to bet that there is a large segment out there that is not happy with their predicament and could very easily muck up a poll if the right campaign got to their hearts.

Canadians are seasonal politicians, best wait for the starting gun.

Email the opposition tell them to bring down the House. Like I said, they wouldn't be that stupid. They're just checking the water.

At first, I couldn't figure out why the is bad for the Progressive Conservatives....until I realized you meant the left.

Funny though, given that the left is more concerned with protectionism and maintaining the entitlements, that they would label themselves as progressives...they are more like conservatives, trying to maintain the old order while the conservatives, trying to modernize are more like classical liberals.

You have just outlined the birth of the neo-con. Liberals trying to basically "conserve" the status quo and conservatives who demand less government, a la the classical liberal. The pendulum swings....