Palin reads cheat notes off of hand

So to sum up, teleprompters are bad if used a lot.

Yes.

Even though Reagan used them a lot, that's fine because he's Republican.

He used a teleprompter sometimes, not nearly as much as Obama. I never said it was fine because he's a Repubulican.

Cards can be used a lot, even though they serve the same purpose

Cards are the more traditional, and less robotic way of giving speeches.

but Obama better not use them, because then that would be the same and he's a Democrat.

I'd love it if Obama used them.

And, of course, the use of the term "retarded" is only bad when said by a Democrat.

No, using the term retarded is generally not a good thing. But especially if you're the Cheif of Staff of the President of the United States, be it Republican, or Democrat.

Got it. :rolleyes:

I hope you do now. I had to correct your massive distortion of my posts.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and one more thing...

Obama's safety net: the TelePrompter

President Barack Obama doesn’t go anywhere without his TelePrompter.

The textbook-sized panes of glass holding the president’s prepared remarks follow him wherever he speaks.

Obama’s reliance on the teleprompter is unusual — not only because he is famous for his oratory, but because no other president has used one so consistently and at so many events, large and small.

“He uses them to death,” a television crewmember who also covered the White House under Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush said of the teleprompter. “The problem is, he never looks at you. He’s looking left, right, left, right — not at the camera. It’s almost like he’s not making eye contact with the American people.”

Politico

Even the Today Show did a great piece on Obama's teleprompter issue. It's a great video, which shows how Obama's taken the teleprompter to a whole new level when compared to other Presidents.

I never said it was fine because he's a Repubulican.

Then why is it fine? Do you think Reagan was less of a president because he often used them? Personally, I think he was a better president because it showed he was careful and thoughtful about what he said.

Cards are the more traditional, and less robotic way of giving speeches.

Why's it less robotic? Because you have to flip from card to card? By failing to explain this, you seem to be grasping to try to create an issue where there isnt one.

But is is better then having cheat notes written on your hand for questions you already know are coming because audience is pre screened and all the questions were submitted months in advanced? Nope it isn't. Guess what Shady that is what we are talking about. Or if we want to get into teleprompter talk how about her making up a story about how her teleprompter failed (when it really didn't) and telling everyone she winged it. Sounds like someone has their own teleprompter issues.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/15/palin-tells-debunked-teleprompter-tale/

The president, speaking in an interview, said in response to a question that while $17 million is “an extraordinary amount of money” for Main Street, “there are some baseball players who are making more than that and don’t get to the World Series either, so I’m shocked by that as well.”

As if that has anything to do with Banker's bonuses and/or the economic downturn. Seriously, I'm beginning to think this guy is retarded...um..ur..the r-word.

Maybe it means he would like to give them a bailout too.

Anyways, as I've already stated. Obama's teleprompter crutch gets to the very heart of the criticizm. It symbolizes it. He needs the teleprompter, because he's not genuine, and he has absolutely no idea what he's doing as President. Latest example:

Guess what? President's don't memorize the vast majority of their speeches. Guess what also? they don't even write them either.

When was the last time a President wrote and memorized their own speech that was more than 5 minutes long?

Guest American Woman

you know Shady's scrambling when he needs to ride the wayback machine to dig up a 2 decades old clip :lol:

...of someone we've never even heard of. :D

I bet she hadn't just been criticizing someone for using a teleprompter, either. :P

...of someone we've never even heard of. :D

Anyone who knows anything about American politics has heard of Diane Feinstein, so I'm not sure why...um...ur..nevermind. My comments should really only be directed at actual knowledgable American politics posters. Sorry for the interuption American Woman. Carry on.

Anyways...

I bet she wasn't called stupid for it by the mainstream media. And in this instance, she was actually cheating. And once again, giving a speech with some notes is much different than having an entire speech programmed into a machine in which you completely read off of. You're all being totally disingenious. But I'm not suprised.

:huh:

Nothing sexist about that remark. :rolleyes:

If I don't ask for directions I'm a typical man. Whoop dee doodle.

A few notes on hand is no comparison to a teleprompter. Anyone who finds it hilarious is trying to find it hilarious.

Edited by jefferiah

Guest TrueMetis

If I don't ask for directions I'm a typical man. Whoop dee doodle.

A few notes on hand is no comparison to a teleprompter. Anyone who finds it hilarious is trying to find it hilarious.

Yes it is a lot more pathetic. Obama need a telepromter to remember a speech. Palin need the notes to remember to to talk about energy, tax cuts, and to life Americans spirits.

Yes it is a lot more pathetic. Obama need a telepromter to remember a speech. Palin need the notes to remember to to talk about energy, tax cuts, and to life Americans spirits.

That makes no sense. If notes on a hand are a cheat sheet, then a teleprompter is 10 fold.

Guest TrueMetis

That makes no sense. If notes on a hand are a cheat sheet, then a teleprompter is 10 fold.

An entire speech is not an equivilant to general concepts. Obama need help for his speechs, Palin needs help to remember general concepts. How does it not make sense?

An entire speech is not an equivilant to general concepts. Obama need help for his speechs, Palin needs help to remember general concepts. How does it not make sense?

But the entire speech includes the general concepts, not to mention the entire speech.