Palin reads cheat notes off of hand

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Did you know why she asked Biden if she could call him "Joe" during the VP debate? It's because she couldn't remember his name. She kept referring to him as "O'Biden," mixing Obama's and Biden's names.

Did you know why she asked Biden if she could call him "Joe" during the VP debate? It's because she couldn't remember his name. She kept referring to him as "O'Biden," mixing Obama's and Biden's names.

That's almost as bad as Ted Kennedy referring to Obama as Osama several times! :lol:

Seriously she has cheat notes on her hand

Cheat? I was unaware there was some type of contest going on. Who was she up against? LOL. This wasn't a debate, it was a discussion. Palin Derangement Syndrome.

That's almost as bad as Ted Kennedy referring to Obama as Osama several times! :lol:

Cheat? I was unaware there was some type of contest going on. Who was she up against? LOL. This wasn't a debate, it was a discussion. Palin Derangement Syndrome.

When Obama had a discussion with GOP he didn't need cheat notes on his hand. LOL

Guest American Woman

Several times?? Try once, and it was a slip-up of Obama's name, where he was stuttering over it before he got it right.

Compare that to Palin: Schmidt said he took over the debate prep and simplified it. And Palin began doing well, except for one persistent problem: she kept confusing Joe Biden's name with Obama's, calling him "O'Biden."

"It was multiple people, and I wasn't one of them, who all said at the same time, 'Just say, Can I call you Joe,' which she did," Schmidt explained.

"So the 'Can I call you Joe,' which people at the time thought was some sort of strategy, was really just a way for her to be able to say his name without messing it up?" Cooper asked.

"Correct. Absolutely," Schmidt replied, laughing.

But one "O'Biden" did slip out. link

Here it is, and notice she wasn't stumbling on his name, eventually getting it right the way Kennedy did. She still couldn't get his name right, even after all the time spent prepping. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XKW0ZvW1Fo

Oh, please. You can't be that ignorant. You, who has started almost 60 threads about Obama, can't be so unbelievably ignorant that you would actually call someone on 'Palin Derangement Syndrome.' That's as tired and old as it gets, and beyond stupid, looking at your track record.

Edited by American Woman

When Obama had a discussion with GOP he didn't need cheat notes on his hand. LOL

Yeah, but he's done a million of those over the last year or so. She hasn't. There were probably a few critical points she didn't want to forget about. Personally, I would have used a cue card. Or, she should've opted for the teleprompter.

Anyways, I quite enjoyed the speech. Especially when she asked "how's that hopey changey workin' out for you?" Pure gold! Also, when she mocked Obama's "nobody messes with Joe" warning regarding the stimilus spending. And then went through of list of the non-stimulus stimulus junk that composed much of the spending. Pure gold!

Another amazing part of her speech, was when she mocked Obama's claim to have negotiations on healthcare put on Cspan. She also mocked this campaign promise to post legislation for 3 days online so that people could read it before it was voted on. And she also mocked the accountibility/transparency meeting that happend behind closed doors. Like I said, it was pure gold, cause non of that's happened as of yet.

Yeah, but he's done a million of those over the last year or so. She hasn't. There were probably a few critical points she didn't want to forget about. Personally, I would have used a cue card. Or, she should've opted for the teleprompter.

No, no. We have been soberly informed that this is totally out of the question. For everybody. You haven't forgotten this talking point already, have you?

After all, you, personally, were one of those roundly mocking the use of the teleprompter.

Edited by bloodyminded

Crib notes or telepompters who cares.

Obama is an ideologue and has a vision for America. Palin's vision aligns more with the constitutional founders of America. Obama's vision is of the glorious State making all things well - I don't see that as being particularly American? Although he could transform America and make it's vision fit his. I doubt he will find enough support to do so. America is only about 20% hardcore liberal. The majority are right of centre - at least according to that thorn in Obama's side - Fox News.

My opinion too.

There is no comparison between a teleprompter and the notes cribbed in the youtube video of Palin's hand. Frankly, you can only write a few critical points on a hand, like a phone number. I suspect that Palin was being a typical woman. That's all.

-----

With that said, I prefer politicians who can speak freely.

I have posted this before but imagine Obama (or Palin) talking to journalists in this way, under similar circumstances:

Trudeau had neither a teleprompter nor a crib in his hand. But he had a clear idea of what he was doing because younger, he had given long thought to the issue at hand - rather than merely think of how to become famous.

Edited by August1991

Are you serious? That's got to be a bad joke.

August1991, I saw some video from Palin's recent address. I get the vibe that's she's does some recent cramming with respect to specific Republican/conservative talking points, minor historical factoids, some ideological stuff, etc. I don't get the impression that she's creating a message, on her own, relevant to contemporary problems and issues in America, from a through knowledge of all sorts of relevant things such as philosophy, history, ideology, and basic common sense. I think if Palin were to do an interview today with a fair interviewer, it's be another debacle like the infamous Katie Couric fiasco. Although I like some of her talking points, she just doesn't seem genuine or knowledgeable. As far as I can tell, Palin's a train wreck for the GOP regardless of how many talking heads and pundits on the media portray her as some source of electrification/galvanization of the "the base". It's always sad to see either American parties pulled into their fringe "bases".

Why is it sad? "Fringe bases" is an oxymoron, as the political parties would not exist without their "bases" and core supporters.

You don't find it discouraging to see political parties pander to fringe groups that have bad ideas and bad desires? I know "bad" is subjective, but let's just pretend that you and I agree on what constitutes "bad".

Here's an anecdotal example, Obama jumping on the anti-Wal-Mart bandwagon:

He's pandering to those union groups. Who let's just assume for a moment that you and I also agree that these groups often try to advance interests that are simply bad policy. It bothers me seeing that kind of pandering as much as it bothers me to see Republicans cozy up to Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell (RIP) or other folks who often advance bad ideas. I know it's reality, but it's not a reality I need to like.

Edited by Gabriel

You don't find it discouraging to see political parties pander to fringe groups that have bad ideas and bad desires? I know "bad" is subjective, but let's just pretend that you and I agree on what constitutes "bad".

Doesn't really matter whether we agree or not...the efficacy of such pandering is determined by the final outcome.

He's pandering to those union groups. Who let's just assume for a moment that you and I also agree that these groups often try to advance interests that are simply bad policy. It bothers me seeing that kind of pandering as much as it bothers me to see Republicans cozy up to Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell (RIP) or other folks who often advance bad ideas. I know it's reality, but it's not a reality I need to like.

Reality is that major (and minor) political parties are in the business of herding cats. It is the nature of the beast. No, you don't have to like it, but that hardly makes it "sad".

Crib notes or telepompters who cares.

I don't. It was you who was criticizing--in fact, mocking--Obama's use of the teleprompter.

Personally, I couldn't care less.

Obama is an ideologue and has a vision for America. Palin's vision aligns more with the constitutional founders of America. Obama's vision is of the glorious State making all things well - I don't see that as being particularly American?

Clearly, Palin is an ideologue as well, so I don't get the point of the comparison. Anyone who thinks that God supports the Iraq War (and she was perfectly explicit about this, far beyond the usual empty "god" platitudes used continually by politicians)is not only an ideologue...but is also a religious fanatic.

America is only about 20% hardcore liberal. The majority are right of centre - at least according to that thorn in Obama's side - Fox News.

I don't know. I don't know what "hardcore liberal" means. The further right one gets, the more moderate seems "hardcore liberal."

As for the majority being right of centre--I don't know about that either. I'm not disputing it--it could be correct--but it's far from clear and obvious.

I do know that if we subtract the pundits from the national conversations in America, these matters about "right or left" re the general population becomes far more complicated. For example, a majority of Americans favour some form of universal healthcare (though probably not anything resembling Obama's plan(s); but a majority of Americans also seem to support the death penalty.

For every usual "right" or "left" opinion that the majority holds, the same majority often moves in the direct opposite direction from what the celebrity gossips and pseudo-intellectuals we call "pundits" thinks they are going on another issue.

Edited by bloodyminded

I'm just wondering what the left fringe sites will come up with today. I'm sure the Palin hand notes thing got them lots of hits and lots of revenue! So, punked, what new thread will you start? Do you take requests? I hear the left wingers are hammering Brown after his recent win. The strategy is to turn him since they couldn't beat him. Maybe you could start a thread on Brown waffling or something.

I'm just wondering what the left fringe sites will come up with today. I'm sure the Palin hand notes thing got them lots of hits and lots of revenue! So, punked, what new thread will you start? Do you take requests? I hear the left wingers are hammering Brown after his recent win. The strategy is to turn him since they couldn't beat him. Maybe you could start a thread on Brown waffling or something.

Are you saying it was faked ?

I wouldn't vote against Palin based on that, but you must admit it was hi-larious...

Guest American Woman
None at all.

Check out the photo in this news blog.

Sarah Palin is a woman, and she has a sense of humour.

Your comment wasn't in regards to her sense of humor; it was in regards to her having written crib notes on her palm. To say that's 'just being a typical woman' is moronic. I noticed no such 'he was just being a typical man' remark from you in regards to Obamaa's use of a teleprompter. Perhaps she was 'just being a typical politician,' but her gender has nothing to do with it.