"no Negro dialect'

Reid apologies for 'no Negro dialect' comment

WASHINGTON – The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate apologized on Saturday for comments he made about Barack Obama's race during the 2008 presidential bid.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described then-Sen. Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect." Obama is the nation's first African-American president.

"I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments," Reid said in a statement released after the excerpts were reported on the Web site of The Atlantic.

Link

I think it's pretty safe to say that Harry Reid should wave goodbye to his senate seat, and look for a real job. Good job Harry! :lol: *thumbs up*

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to your ideal Glenn Beck

Way to try and change the subject. Glenn Beck isn't my ideal. I've never once referenced him in any post or thread. I don't think I've even mentioned his name. You have an odd way of discussing things. Your excuse and defense of anything seems to be, well, so-and-so did it, said it, or did something like it, or said something like it. It's pretty juvenile.

Try sticking to the actual topic. :)

African-American...just what is an American?...shouldn't it be African-European-American reflecting his mother heritage as well and where he lives...

and why do people of mixed race get to choose a their race? Obama is as much white as he is black...a number of celebrities define themselves black like Mariah Carry(crap entertainer)even though they have more white genetics than black...I've mixed race kids and they just consider themselves Canadian...

not that there is any such thing as race anyways, we're all the same species that come in different shades just like dogs...

Way to try and change the subject. Glenn Beck isn't my ideal. I've never once referenced him in any post or thread. I don't think I've even mentioned his name. You have an odd way of discussing things. Your excuse and defense of anything seems to be, well, so-and-so did it, said it, or did something like it, or said something like it. It's pretty juvenile.

Try sticking to the actual topic. :)

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=14655&view=&hl=Beck&fromsearch=1

Guest American Woman
Glenn Beck isn't my ideal. I've never once referenced him in any post or thread. I don't think I've even mentioned his name.

Let me help refresh your memory .....

...it looks like Glen Beck is vindicated once again! :lol:

Glenn Beck exposes Color of Change co-founder Van Jones

This is Obama's "green jobs Czar." ........

Glenn Beck pulls huge ratings, especially for a 5pm program. He may have lost some sponsors, but he'll easily find ones to take their place. He's going nowhere.

Apparently, some of the advertisers that dropped Glenn Beck, are also dropping commentary shows on MSNBC and CNN. They don't wanna be involved in any of it. Good job boycotters! :lol:

Um, why is it that I love Glenn Beck? I have never once reference anything from him, or even mentioned his name until now. You're a liar.

You can mock Glenn Beck all you want, but name one thing he said that wasn't true. You can't. :angry:

There are homely familiar lineages in all national tribal clans. I would say that Africa has probably about 50 molds for human beings. So are simply not pretty - and a good reason for getting rid of the word Negro or Negroid...is simply calling a spade a spade. Those from the Congo usually have those classic big smuckering lips and the wide noses - those would probably best be called Negros in the classic sense of the term...Say those royalist that live in Ziare with their real nice jewlery and snazzy french accents would be best called Black - because their woman look like fashion models...and those that live in Somalia - Africas Newfoundland are all from the same clan..like they were to lazy to leave the village in search of a wife and settled for first cousins...so they all look like round headed pumpkins with those big round eyes - Like they are as imbred as Irish Newfoundlanders - who all look the same to me. Hope you had fun reading this - I had a laugh writing it.. ----Oh - and people like Obama and Tigerwoods are just ----well - house negros with a little mixed blood that gives them the edge.

Wait a sec - What about those polish negros - with the square heads? Or them nasty jewish negros who hate negros? God I can't even spell negro properly let along believe in it - All I know is that the Americans did not get the best.....to represent them...just the most ambitious and compliant to white aspirations. Now the term BLACK simply means a handsome not so ugly negro. BUT the sadest negros are the white ones on CNN - you know those white arrogant girls that look like their father had sex with a Jack Russell terrier...You know the ones I am talking about....so what does cock asian mean? Is it like a male mail order bride for lesbians?

African-American...just what is an American?...shouldn't it be African-European-American reflecting his mother heritage as well and where he lives...

and why do people of mixed race get to choose a their race? Obama is as much white as he is black...a number of celebrities define themselves black like Mariah Carry(crap entertainer)even though they have more white genetics than black...I've mixed race kids and they just consider themselves Canadian...

not that there is any such thing as race anyways, we're all the same species that come in different shades just like dogs...

I'II bet you can't come up with a definition of Canadian?

In spite of his support for Obama and considering the time we live in...it was truly a moronic thing to say.

Why? Wbat is happenbing in the world? Reid has been a valuable ally of Obama since the start. They have no apparent conflicts. What he said was the simple truth, wasn't it? He was pointing out to people, antagonistic to Obama that he was hardly even an American ... it's true, Obama's first experience of black America culture was when he went to Chicago as an adult. Reid was trying to persuade people that Barrack Obama was not a traditional, Democratic Party black machine politician, like Al Sharpeton or Jesse Jackson.

Jesse Jackson famously said,..."See, Barack been, um, talking down to black people on this faith based ... I want cut his nuts off ... Barack ... he's talking down to black people." On Fox, talking to O'Reilley. Nobody thought that Jackson had done anything very wrong at the time.

Reid is in a lot of political trouble, but it's not because of this remark. It's because of the Tea Party reaction to the Obama policies. Reid's been out front, leading the charge for Obama in the Senate, and that's why he's probably going to lose. Not because he used the word 'Negro'.

Guest American Woman

Well shady, I guess one can at least take comfort in the fact that the lefties around here are not attempting to defend Reid, whose revelation is actually pretty sick.

I'll make you a deal. When you and/or Shady start criticizing all the stupid things Republicans said about Obama regarding his race, I'll make a comment about what Reid said.

Until that time, your criticism of Reid is purely partisan, and has nothing whatsoever to do with what he said.

Edited by American Woman

Well shady, I guess one can at least take comfort in the fact that the lefties around here are not attempting to defend Reid, whose revelation is actually pretty sick.

I like it when conservatives are PC when it suits their partisan agenda, and who otherwise rail against any mildly considerate left-wing person as being "PC run amock". The blatant hypocrisy is so cute.

I'll make you a deal. When you and/or Shady start criticizing all the stupid things Republicans said about Obama regarding his race, I'll make a comment about what Reid said.

Until that time, your criticism of Reid is purely partisan, and has nothing whatsoever to do with what he said.

No deal!

It's true though, nitwits on both sides say silly things, it's just that this is one of those ones which kind of stands out. Thank you and Bubber for still not defending it though. Attacking me is a bit routine, however.

Attacking me is a bit routine, however.

I'm not attacking you. I love right-wing hypocrites. That's why I come to this site.

But I'm happy to defend Reid, if that's what you want. All he did was show his age by using an antiquated term, and otherwise speak the truth about race in the U.S. People are going to criticize anyone, Republican or Democrat, for using the term "negro," and that's fine if that's their priority. Personally, I don't see the point in going after old people for using language that was common in their day.

Now that Sharkman has demonstrated his deep sensitivity to this issue, and has recently commended American Woman for being above petty partisanship in her debating, I look forward to him starting an angry thread the next time a Republican makes a racially insensitive remark.

And that will likely happen before the end of the day.

Edited by BubberMiley

I'm not attacking you. I love right-wing hypocrites. That's why I come to this site.

But I'm happy to defend Reid, if that's what you want. All he did was show his age by using an antiquated term, and otherwise speak the truth about race in the U.S. People are going to criticize anyone, Republican or Democrat, for using the term "negro," and that's fine if that's their priority. Personally, I don't see the point in going after old people for using language that was common in their day.

Now that Sharkman has demonstrated his deep sensitivity to this issue, and has recently commended American Woman for being above petty partisanship in her debating, I look forward to him starting an angry thread the next time a Republican makes a racially insensitive remark.

And that will likely happen before the end of the day.

I was going to say glad to oblige you on why you come to this site, but I can't oblige on the starting of a Rep thread the next time a bonehead remark is uttered, sorry.

See, I didn't start this thread, so why would I start another one on a Rep? As I said already, I am full aware that nitwits on both sides say silly things. I only commented on this one because it was notable to me for some reason. Can't we all just get along, Reid?

Eyes cans buy muh own Timberlans... dialect in these regards consists of total oral illiteracy. Maybe what the guy meant was that Obama can actually talk...The American poor black on the average can not even speak. Nor can the Canadian disenfranchised black. This is a great disgrace and the hip hop culture funded by the old Jewish producers who encouraged a non-culture culture are jerks.

Eyes cans buy muh own Timberlans... dialect in these regards consists of total oral illiteracy. Maybe what the guy meant was that Obama can actually talk...The American poor black on the average can not even speak.

Speak what? French?

Nor can the Canadian disenfranchised black. This is a great disgrace and the hip hop culture funded by the old Jewish producers who encouraged a non-culture culture are jerks.

Canada doesn't do "black" very well at all....still thinks its running the Underground Railroad.

Sociaist are the most insidiously and relentless racists ever! They constantly and systemically point out race...over and over and over again. The institutionalize the matter. In a free and individualistic society nature takes it's course and one man will evaluate the other through his character and his deeds and his level of love and intelligence. The very election of Obama himself was the most sublime and covert act of racism on the grandest scale. As for what this fool calles a dialect - he actually meant oral and literal illiteracy.