"no Negro dialect'

What exactly is a "Negro dialect" anyways? Does Harry Reid believe that any Black person who speaks intelligently is speaking in White dialect?

You're saying that those with an ebonic dialect are speaking unintelligently? Hmmm.

Continue with the self-righteous diatribe.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

You should follow your own advice....as a non-resident of Nevada. Your lies are easily documented using the forum search function. Had a walk in the woods lately?

You're losing your grip on reality. I never said where I live; I said that you have no idea where I live, or whether I live in Nevada or not, and you don't. But .... um ..... yes ..... I have had a walk in the woods lately. :unsure:

You're losing your grip on reality. I never said where I live; I said that you have no idea where I live, or whether I live in Nevada or not, and you don't. But .... um ..... yes ..... I have had a walk in the woods lately. :unsure:

Well, at least you can shill for Reid here....'cause you sure as hell can't vote for him in November. LOL! :lol:

Guest American Woman

Well, at least you can shill for Reid here....'cause you sure as hell can't vote for him in November. LOL! :lol:

Keep repeating that ....... about, oh, a hundred more times ..... and perhaps you might eventually convince yourself that you know whether I can or not. Whatever it takes to get you through the night .... ;)

Guest American Woman

No...I'm bored with this aspect of the "Negro dialect" story.

I see. You're "bored with this aspect of the 'Negro dialect' story," so you've found another way to say that I can't vote for him.

In the end, all that matters is that Reid gets turfed for this and many other political mistakes. And there is nothing you can do about that.

Except, perhaps, vote for him in November. ;)

Apparently Black voters in Nevada don't quite see things the same way as our lefty forum apologists do.

"At the same time Reid gets only 52% of the black vote against Sue Lowden and Danny Tarkanian in the poll, a weak standing for a Democrat to be sure"

PPP

He's splitting the Black vote with the Republican. Which basically means, we can all start singing. Na, na, na, na....na, na, na, na....hey, hey, hey....goodbye! :lol:

Edited by Shady

....He's splitting the Black vote with the Republican. Which basically means, we can all start singing. Na, na, na, na....na, na, na, na....hey, hey, hey....goodbye! :lol:

Pretty much....Danny Tarkanian (son of UNLV hoops legend Jerry Tarkanian) has instant name recognition. Here is his campaign's statement taking advantage of Reid's blood in the water:

Press Release

January 9th, 2010

On the heels of a new Mason-Dixon poll showing him leading the GOP primary to take on Harry Reid, Nevada Republican U.S. Senate candidate Danny Tarkanian issued the following statement on Harry Reid's disgraceful "Berlusconi-esque" reference to President Obama's skin color and 'negro dialect.'

TARKANIAN:

“A few weeks ago, Harry Reid compared his health care opponents to slavery defenders. Now he’s talking about our President’s ‘light skin’ and ‘negro dialect.’ He disgraces himself almost monthly with some disparaging remark about his constituents, political opponents, or now the President."

“I notice he’s apologized already for these remarks, but we’re still waiting for his apology to the majority of Nevadans who oppose his health care plan.

Harry Reid isn’t just America’s most vulnerable Senator - as he demonstrates daily, he's also its most embarrassing
.”

Danny Tarkanian

...an obvious ploy intended to appeal to Armenian-Americans! Will the cynical identity-politics games never end?!

(son of UNLV hoops legend Jerry Tarkanian)

...an obvious ploy intended to appeal to African-Americans! Will the cynical identity-politics games never end?!

(Also illustrates typical GOP racism, as not all black-people are good at basketball.)

-k

...an obvious ploy intended to appeal to African-Americans! Will the cynical identity-politics games never end?!

(Also illustrates typical GOP racism, as not all black-people are good at basketball.)

Assinine comment born of ignorance....another non-Nevadan poser from Canada trying to get by with only Google. Is that why that "racist" Canadian (Dr. Naismith) invented basketball?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

When I met Bush_Cheney, I assumed that he was a high ranking American politican running for high office. I thought that is neat, we have a white guy from the mid-west who has taken the time to communicate with some common Canadians such as myself. Then slowly BC reveals that he is a human being with darker skin - a frinking Negro for God sake - everyone was surprised and it took time to adjust to the fact that he did not have a "negro dialect".

Just goes to show you that it's the person and the persons mind - and character..and heart that count. I believe that there are white Negros - if you know what I mean and it was Mr. Ried that actually had the negro dialect.

So is me second cousin twice removed. :P

Lawrd tundering dirty jesus..dat BC fella is not to use to da eastern Canadian Newfoundlander DIALECT! Maybe it's this way..that in all areas of the continent there are different dialiects - much like we have the northern Ontario way of speaking. You know what I mean eh...eg " I hope yousguys get back okay" - Maybe what Ried was saying would be like saying that a Newfoundlander that actually speaks normal mainstream English is an asset in politics?

Then slowly BC reveals that he is a human being with darker skin - a frinking Negro for God sake - everyone was surprised and it took time to adjust to the fact that he did not have a "negro dialect".

How do you know?

How one writes does not necessarily means he or she speaks the same way.

Just goes to show you that it's the person and the persons mind - and character..and heart that count. I believe that there are white Negros - if you know what I mean and it was Mr. Ried that actually had the negro dialect.

President Obama can turn, on or off, the negro dialect depending on who the audience is.

Looks like Mr. Reid was half right.

Assinine comment born of ignorance....another non-Nevadan poser from Canada trying to get by with only Google. Is that why that "racist" Canadian (Dr. Naismith) invented basketball?

Whoosh!

:lol:

Really? What was the joke? If you mean race baiting humor, all that was missing was free watermelon.

Double-whoosh!

:lol:

When I met Bush_Cheney, I assumed that he was a high ranking American politican running for high office.

I remain convinced that he is the former Vice President.

-k

There are homely familiar lineages in all national tribal clans. I would say that Africa has probably about 50 molds for human beings. So are simply not pretty - and a good reason for getting rid of the word Negro or Negroid...is simply calling a spade a spade. Those from the Congo usually have those classic big smuckering lips and the wide noses - those would probably best be called Negros in the classic sense of the term...Say those royalist that live in Ziare with their real nice jewlery and snazzy french accents would be best called Black - because their woman look like fashion models...and those that live in Somalia - Africas Newfoundland are all from the same clan..like they were to lazy to leave the village in search of a wife and settled for first cousins...so they all look like round headed pumpkins with those big round eyes - Like they are as imbred as Irish Newfoundlanders - who all look the same to me. Hope you had fun reading this - I had a laugh writing it.. ----Oh - and people like Obama and Tigerwoods are just ----well - house negros with a little mixed blood that gives them the edge.

Wait a sec - What about those polish negros - with the square heads? Or them nasty jewish negros who hate negros? God I can't even spell negro properly let along believe in it - All I know is that the Americans did not get the best.....to represent them...just the most ambitious and compliant to white aspirations. Now the term BLACK simply means a handsome not so ugly negro. BUT the sadest negros are the white ones on CNN - you know those white arrogant girls that look like their father had sex with a Jack Russell terrier...You know the ones I am talking about....so what does cock asian mean? Is it like a male mail order bride for lesbians?

Careful where you do that routine Oleg. I would have your audience scanned for weapons first.

Lawrd tundering dirty jesus..dat BC fella is not to use to da eastern Canadian Newfoundlander DIALECT! Maybe it's this way..that in all areas of the continent there are different dialiects - much like we have the northern Ontario way of speaking. You know what I mean eh...eg " I hope yousguys get back okay" - Maybe what Ried was saying would be like saying that a Newfoundlander that actually speaks normal mainstream English is an asset in politics?

Oleg sometimes genius is not appreciated. Freud had a horrible time when he first raised his notion of the Oedipal Compex and you can imagine how trying to explain the world was round was not easy and I need not tell you what the Catholic church did in reaction to Galileo.

In your case give BC some time to assimilate to your quantum paradox theories. He will come around.

:)