"no Negro dialect'

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...or Democrats, or Independents, or Blacks, or Canadians, or Russians, or....but usually not as Senate Majority Leader.

Exactly. Don't forget that it was the Democrats that oppossed the desegregation of schools in the south. Carter ran on that as one of his planks down south.

Not to mention it was Lincoln who "freed" the slaves and he was a Republican, which was why for years after the south went Democrat.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Does this forum have an auto-edit device or something? Is there some chump sitting there blocking the good stuff? I just ran two very good posts and they disappeared - I was forced to go back twice and send in a watered down version of the first. Now for the Negro issue...There are more pressing issues than some fat cat rich white guy thinking out loud calling Obama an exceptable uppity negro. What about the issue that more soldiers die by their own hand than are killed by the enemy - and what about mental health experts that assist big pharma by handing out compounds that bring about suicidal ideations as a side effect from anti-guilt pills? Lets make that an issue instead of using PC to divert the mind away from what really matters..Who cares if Ried is a racist - all rich old white guys are racists - they are just using Obama - because none of them can get elected because they are stupid.

Exactly. Don't forget that it was the Democrats that oppossed the desegregation of schools in the south. Carter ran on that as one of his planks down south.

Not to mention it was Lincoln who "freed" the slaves and he was a Republican, which was why for years after the south went Democrat.

It was not one of his Planks unless you mean when he was on a School board in 1956 in which he was on a school board which asked for already segregated school too be moved because a white school and black school would be too close to one another. What you claim is a twisting of the truth beyond recognition.

Guest American Woman

Who cares? His political opponents, of course. This is a gift from the gaffe gods.

I doubt if Reid's political opponents will benefit from a "gaffe" by a Democrat about another Democrat. Anyone who doesn't support Obama likely doesn't care what Reid said about him, and those who do support Obama aren't going to change their vote from Democrat to Republican as some sort of backlash at Reid as that would do nothing to help Obama. It would be akin to cutting off one's nose to spite their face.

Edited by American Woman

I'm doubt if Reid's political opponents will benefit from a "gaffe" by a Democrat about another Democrat. Anyone who doesn't support Obama likely doesn't care what Reid said about him, and those who do support Obama aren't going to change their vote from Democrat to Republican as some sort of backlash at Reid as that would do nothing to help Obama. It would be akin to cutting off one's nose to spite their face.

Reid has plenty of enemies on both sides of the aisle.....he is even having trouble back home in Nevada.

Guest American Woman

Reid has plenty of enemies on both sides of the aisle.....he is even having trouble back home in Nevada.

Be that as it may, I'd like some evidence that any problems Reid is having "on both sides of the aisle and/or back home in Nevada" are due to this "gaffe" regarding Obama; I'd like some evidence that people who used to support him no longer do because of his comments regarding Obama, and that said people are going to now vote Republican as a result.

Be that as it may, I'd like some evidence that any problems Reid is having "on both sides of the aisle and/or back home in Nevada" are due to this "gaffe" regarding Obama; I'd like some evidence that people who used to support him no longer do because of his comments regarding Obama, and that said people are going to now vote Republican as a result.

Wait until Novemeber...just like everybody else. Reid had problems before his asshat comment...now he has more.

Guest American Woman

Wait until Novemeber...just like everybody else. Reid had problems before his asshat comment...now he has more.

Just as I thought. There's no evidence at all that his comments are "a gift from the gaffe gods." B)

Guest American Woman

I'm sure Senator Reid is relieved by your expert analysis....he just apologised profusely to get more air time than Pelosi.

He "apologized profusely" because his opponents have been giving this more air time than ... well, just about anything. Can't have just one side of the political story out there taking up air time, eh?

But keep thinking that anyone who's upset that he insulted Obama is going to vote for Reid's Republican opponent as a show of support for Obama. <_<

He "apologized profusely" because his opponents have been giving this more air time than ... well, just about anything. Can't have just one side of the political story out there taking up air time, eh?

Duh! That's how the game is played.

But keep thinking that anyone who's upset that he insulted Obama is going to vote for Reid's Republican opponent as a show of support for Obama. <_<

You're already wrong...me mum will do just that.

Guest American Woman

OK....but you would still be wrong. She is bright enough to know not to say "anyone" like you.

Of course she is. And for the record, I believe your "me mum ...." story too. :lol:

Well shady, I guess one can at least take comfort in the fact that the lefties around here are not attempting to defend Reid, whose revelation is actually pretty sick.

Exactly. Apparently Harry Reid can be as racist as he wants to be, because Glenn Beck, and Trent Lott have said some similar things. :rolleyes:

What exactly is a "Negro dialect" anyways? Does Harry Reid believe that any Black person who speaks intelligently is speaking in White dialect? I really wish he'd take some questions on this, it'd be most helpful. I wonder how the Negro's on his staff feel about it.

Can you all imagine the hissing, screeching and freaking out that Whoopi would have done had the author of the negro dialect been Palin? I would actually pay money to see that.

Yep. They would string her up. Oh wait, they already did that in Hollywood during the Presidential campaign. PIC

Don't you love the warmth and compassion of liberals? And they're never racists like you and I. :rolleyes:

True. When Trent Lott was Senate Majority Leader and said the U.S. would have been better off if Strom Thurmond won as a segregationalist, that was way worse than saying "field negroes" aren't yet electable to POTUS.

No, you added the part "as a segregationalist", because Lott never said that. But I don't remember any similar outcry from your ilk when Chris Dodd said this about Democrat and former grand wizard of the KKK, Robert Byrd,

“It has often been said that the man and the moment come together. I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia that he would have been a great Senator at any moment. Some were right for the time. Robert C. Byrd, in my view, would have been right at any time.

I cannot think of a single moment in this nation’s 220-plus-year history where he would not have been a valuable asset to this country,”

Really? He can't think of single moment in America's history where Robert Byrd wouldn't have been a valuable asset to the country? :blink: What about when he wasy trying to hang Black people? I'm just wondering. :lol:

I'm finally glad to see that the Dems are getting a little taste of their own medicine. But in all reality, I think we should give Harry Reid a break. I hear he employs many Negros on his Washington staff, and also, some of his best friends are Negros.

Of course she is. And for the record, I believe your "me mum ...." story too. :lol:

It matters not....Reid effed up, and he knows it even if you don't:

But Obamas forgiveness is unlikely to bring an end to the controversy. It does not appear that Reid will be forced out of his leadership post for his racially insensitive comments,
but Democratic strategists describe the incident as a serious blow to his already difficult re-election campaign.

According to a Mason-Dixon poll for the Las Vegas Review Journal released Saturday, Reid has his highest unfavorables of the election cycle, with 52 percent of Nevadans had an unfavorable opinion of Reid, while 33 percent had a favorable view of him. He also trails all three of his prospective GOP challengers.

The gaffe-prone Reid told Times Mark Halperin and New York magazine's John Heilemann that Obama was a "light-skinned" African American who lacked a "Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

http://www.norfolk.com/2010/01/reid-apologizes-negro-remark-about-obama

Me mum gets to vote in Nevada...you don't.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman

Self reported residency in one of these states from an old thread.

1) Vermont

2) New Hampshire

3) Maine

4) Washington and/or Oregon

5) Michigan

6) Montana

You are aware that people move, right? And sometimes they even move from one state to another!

You have no clue as to where I live, but your "me mum ... " story shows how desperate you're getting in your attempt to back up your claims. It was good for a laugh, though-- especially because you couldn't throw your standard 'too bad you can't vote' line at me like you do to Canadians, so you had to come up with a new, even more pathetic version, of your same old tired response. :lol:

You are aware that people move, right? And sometimes they even move from one state to another!

Bullshit....you must be very bad at poker too.

You have no clue as to where I live, but your "me mum ... " story shows how desperate you're getting in your attempt to back up your claims. It was good for a laugh, though-- especially because you couldn't throw your standard 'too bad you can't vote' line at me like you do to Canadians, so you had to come up with a new, even more pathetic version, of your same old tired response. :lol:

You can't vote for Reid...prove you can.

Guest American Woman
You can't vote for Reid...prove you can.

Sure. I'll get right on that. Just as soon as you prove your mum can. ;)

:D

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

Just talked to her...she says her vote will go to Sue Lowden. Mum says that Harry Reid always was an azzhole....no wonder you defend him so much. :P

Good Lord. Now you're even contradicting yourself. First you say your mum isn't going to vote for Reid out of support for Obama, and now you say she said he "always was an azzhole." So evidently your mum would be voting for that azzhole if only he hadn't said what he did about Obama.

:rolleyes:

Here's a tip: When even your stories don't support your claim, it's time to give it a rest.