Canadians divided over creation and evolution

jdobbin

Yes. Language is able to structure our dwelling place outside the animal kingdom because it is not only a series of onomatopoeias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia

Nope _ not going to take the link - don't wanna spoil my amature self educated status..thanks chump for the free education but no thanks ----------Played a club last night - I was great - time to go back to my roots - you be the hero - and I will provide the sound track -----------had to decide what I was going to be when I grew up - have no choice but to be the bird that sings - and brings joy - my last and most important talent..besides -----the power in the sky is pissed off at me for cutting it so late and so close - off to save the world benny - you do your bit - I will do mine - adoration and love to you and yours - can you tell the wine kicked in ---thank you - talk to Bush Cheney once in a while - the american connection is very important - plus he's a lover also ---took a while to get him out of his tank...but love does conquer all.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go w/ the Kant. Maybe he carved his initials into Heidegger. Can I shoot you with that arrow? It'll never get to its target.

Recall your interests as indicated in your profile: History, Space Flight, Aircraft, Philosophy, Anthropology, Paleontology, Geology.

The point de capiton is nothing more than the lowest common denominator of human linguistic creation.

You are confusing semiotics and semantics. Semiotics (signs) is this kind of lowest common denominator but the quilting point is related to semantics that is to meaning (the signified).

• 2 years later...

It's hard to believe that there is a supreme power who was always there and made the universe

It's hard to believe that this was all made by chance

How were animals made by accident? How was the sun positioned just so, so that we wouldn't burn up or so that the planet would be unlivable..the solar system, the universe, photosynthesis

How are people so sure one way or the other?

I believe humans evolved from apes but they evolved with help from the higher power

But that's what I believe and I am not even 50 % certain of that

How can anyone be so sure of any of this?

We shouldn't be teaching Creationism OR Evolution in schools since nobody knows if either are real

I struggle with it everyday

Edited by olpfan1

I believe humans evolved from apes but they evolved with help from the higher power

You mean like the Monolith from Arthur C Clarke's Space Odyssey series?

Any aliens who may have assisted our evolution were themselves the product of evolution. Clarke's stories may be fiction but the possibility of aliens is certainly rooted in reality.

Edited by eyeball

We shouldn't be teaching Creationism OR Evolution in schools since nobody knows if either are real

I definitely wouldn't want to see creationism being taught in schools but teaching evolution in church would be a really good idea.

By the way, why are you capitalizing evolution, it's not like it's divine or anything, it just is what it is.

Read some science books.... you will no longer struggle with whether evolution is real or not.

I know all about the science of evoloution, I've studied it in school and out of school

I'm still not convinced one way or the other

I don't see why it can't be as a result of both

• 1 month later...

Scientists are no better than Creationists... both think they are right, both think they can prove it

Science is based on proof. Religion is not.

When the proof points to another possibility, the scientists will go that way. It doesnt matter what their personal beliefs may be, they work with what they have.

I'm fairly convinced that evolution is the way things happened. I certainly do not believe in creationism/intelligent design.

Scientists are no better than Creationists... both think they are right, both think they can prove it, when in fact there are some things that man will just never know

neither will accept that because of their egos

Silliness.

The difference between scientists and creationists is HARD WORK. Both of them can be wrong, but scientists are actually willing to put some effort and elbow grease into figuring things out. Creationism is based entirely on a doctrine, so its basically static.

I know all about the science of evoloution, I've studied it in school and out of school

I'm still not convinced one way or the other

I don't see why it can't be as a result of both

Evolution is an observable fact. There's no denying that organisms and species evolve. Natural selection, on the other hand, is arguable.

Evolution is an observable fact. There's no denying that organisms and species evolve. Natural selection, on the other hand, is arguable.

I don't think natural selection is arguable. It's an unavoidable consequence of heredity. The best known direct observations of evolution-- the peppered moth and drug-resistant bacteria-- are examples of natural selection in action.

-k

I don't think natural selection is arguable. It's an unavoidable consequence of heredity. The best known direct observations of evolution-- the peppered moth and drug-resistant bacteria-- are examples of natural selection in action.

-k

Natural selection is the best explanation that we have for the evolution of species, absolutely. It's not the only explanation for evolution though and that's why I say it's arguable. For instance, plants and animals can evolve through domestication..

For instance, plants and animals can evolve through domestication..

That can be argued to be a case of intelligent design as it is humans interfering and changing the course of evolution.