Canadians divided over creation and evolution

jdobbin

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of you mentioned that ID is the same as Creationism....I don't think so.

The two agree on one premise: God is involved in the creation.

Some ID advocates will even balk at calling the "Designer", God....although they refer to him as a "transcendental being". I don't know about you, but I do translate something "transcendental" as something "supernatural."

ID doesn't necessarily follow the Biblical version of Creation.

If you insist that ID is supportive of Creationism....or a an off-shoot of Creationism....then that means you are saying, Darwin must've believed (and actually at some point, capitulated) that

there is a possibility Biblical Creation is true!

And Gosthack (who claims to be Agnostic), confirmed what WIP had already admitted: ID is "faith-based".............ID=religious interpretations....and I say again, that's the real reason why all the resistance to this theory. It's not about the quest for truth. It's in defense of another faith.

In fact Gosthack already admitted to the possibility of ID....and to repeat his own conclusion - there are overwhelming evidence to support ID.

That's why I wonder about those who claim to be Agnostics....and yet show very Atheistic-like characteristics.

If one is truly Agnostics....they'd be more likely to stay at least neutral, if they already know - and admitted - that there are overwhelming evidence supporting ID!

One could see that there's a confusion in that individual's way of thinking....if he can't even decide exactly where he stands! :lol:

Edited by betsy

I marvel at how some of you really put your faith in science-fiction writers just because some sceince fiction materials became reality - which of course couldn't be so hard for scientists to figure out since they know what's being worked on...and what current experiments show promise. Scientists have the inside information that ordinary people like us don't have. Usually when they come out publicly, the conclusion is almost always already a done deal. These scientists-turned science-fiction authors of course have contacts in that field.

Sure one of them knew about sattelites and told them what to do ....but the idea didn't just spring in his mind out of nothing! The idea was an "off-shoot" by knowledge already established...was inspired by something that already exists. If Point A is established....how much more does it take to connect to Point B...then on to Point C?

Dog OnPorch says:

You can thank Clarke for cable/satellite TV as it was he who figured out Geo-stationary orbits. His writings are more science fact than science fiction as a good number of his predictions have come true.

Predictions???

Heck, Jeanne Dixon predicted some things that came true! I bet if she's alive you'd be wanting to hear her side of the story!

Btw, out of curiousity...what other "predictions" by Clarke came true??

WIP says:

Arthur C. Clarke once said that a sufficiently advanced civilization would appear to be godlike to us. One catch though -- the advanced alien creators of universes would be deistic gods, since they would not be able to enter the new universes that they seeded, and instead would be permanently cut off from interacting or learing about their new creations. Any intelligent creatures that evolved in the new universes would be left wondering about the hiddeness of God.

and the famous,

SO!

So then you look up to these science-fiction-writers scientists like some god-like beings...accepting their musings...their conjectures....their assumptions....their extrapolations ....and I must now also add, "predictions", about extraterrestial life....as facts!

The way you both postured about and ridiculed those who believe in the Bible....yet here you are accepting science-fiction writer's fantasies about extraterrestials as unquestionable facts!

Don't you see how ridiculously absurd you sound? :lol:

Who next? Mr Spock?

...And yet you firmly close your mind to the Bible, when it's been authenticated by some scientists as well and the Resurrection is supported by evidence. That some Atheist who went on a investigative mission to debunk it came out convinced...and converted.

See thread REJOICE ON THIS DAY.

Yet, you don't even afford it the slimmest benefit of the doubt....you just dismiss it outright.

As I've said earlier, no one sheds off their faith so easily without overwhelming evidence....overwhelming enough to suddenly do a 180 degree course of action...life-altering action! You'd think that at least they'd settle for Agnoticism. But oh no. The turn-around is quite striking! From Atheist to a believer of God. From one extreme end to the other!

Edited by betsy

Oh, you really are the energizer bunny, aren't you?

If you can find a delicate nuance of difference between ID and biblical creationism, then why do you have such a struggle percieving the chasm separating theology and science?

It's like recognizing the difference between mac and empire apples, but finding alligators and linoleum indistinguishable from one another.

THAT's amazing.

Btw, out of curiousity...what other "predictions" by Clarke came true??

You can read over all of Clarke's predictions in his book Profiles of the Future.

Clarke had degrees in mathematics and physics. Asimov was a full medical doctor as well as a biochemist.

They also wrote books.

But, you are much, much smarter than those two. I can tell by they way you describe how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Witches were only kind of polytheists; Muslims nowadays go after them as "infidels".

My point being...witches = innocent victim. I do like they way your ilk tried to ban Fahrenheit 451...a book about book banning/burning. What's your god's excuse?

PS...try English. Most of us speak it here. (wishful thinking, Mr OnPorch... :P )

The two agree on one premise: God is involved in the creation.

Some ID advocates will even balk at calling the "Designer", God....although they refer to him as a "transcendental being". I don't know about you, but I do translate something "transcendental" as something "supernatural."

Your being dishonest(very unchristian) or blind...ID came from a religious textbook, first called Creation Biology Textbook Supplements,

then Biology and Creation,Biology and Origins followed by Of Pandas and People...a court case Edwards v. Aguillard ruled it was creationism which could not be taught in schools...then the book was re-edited and the words creation/creator/creationism were edited out and replaced with ID...the courts saw through this in Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District and ruled it was creationism...

a dog is a dog and always will be a dog, even if you call it a cat it will still be a dog...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Pandas_and...oponentsists.22

I expect that an honest and moral person would immediately admit that ID was in fact Creationism, but that after Edwards v. Aguillard, the Creationist camp was forced to, um, put a paper bag over God's head in the hope that Federal Courts would be fooled.

There is no such thing as innocent victim for polytheists.

So every witch was guilty.

This is why your world view can never be mine. The holocaust that would follow the planet submiting to your twisted fairy-tale would be akin to the Muslims controlling eveything.

Death to the unbelievers. What a murderous stupid belief system you have.

So every witch was guilty.

This is why your world view can never be mine. The holocaust that would follow the planet submiting to your twisted fairy-tale would be akin to the Muslims controlling eveything.

Death to the unbelievers. What a murderous stupid belief system you have.

Chronos, the polytheist Greek god who ate his own children, was every much inspired by the Phoenician Baal cult which is where holocaust comes from.

Since Paul Feyerabend, dark-age comprises the belief that there is such a thing as a scientific method.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Feyerabend

Philosophers are not scientists even if said philosopher thinks so.

Next up from benny: the Moon Landings...real or a collective dream?