Harper from Obama

Obama is still saying that Harper's government interfered with the elections in the US because Harper wants another Conservative government there. I find it amusing to see Bush and McCain as buddies now, when in 2000 they hated each other with a passion.

I hope Canadians are paying close attention. First we have the Cadman affair and now this. :angry:

If Obama does win the Presidency, he may not forget this tactic. All I can say is, Harper must have been pretty confident that this memo of sorts, would work. Guess he thinks that McCain has a better chance of beating Hillary than Obama. Why oh why can't people see the manipulation of it all? I'm sure the media was onto this but because she had accused them of bias, they chose to remain silent. Too bad!

Edited by Carinthia

I hope Canadians are paying close attention. First we have the Cadman affair and now this. :angry:

If Obama does win the Presidency, he may not forget this tactic. All I can say is, Harper and Hillary must have been pretty confident that this memo of sorts, would work. I bet the phone lines between the two of them were burning up for a week prior to Ohio/Texas.

What in the world are you talking about? What tactic? Obama told reporters that there was no meeting that took place. That was untrue. It was Obama's economic advisor who met with Canadian officials. There's a memo summarizing the meeting. It has nothing to do with Harper.

What in the world are you talking about? What tactic? Obama told reporters that there was no meeting that took place. That was untrue. It was Obama's economic advisor who met with Canadian officials. There's a memo summarizing the meeting. It has nothing to do with Harper.

Easy to say after the fact that it was incorrect, the damage had been done. I think that Obama's right hand man was talking out of turn and he was probably misquoted so Obama wouldn't have given it much thought. I edited my last post and rethought the Hillary connection to Harper but they are all so sleazy that it wouldn't suprise me in the least.

Edited by Carinthia

Easy to say after the fact that it was incorrect, the damage had been done. I think that Obama's right hand man was talking out of turn and he was probably misquoted so Obama wouldn't have given it much thought. I edited my last post and rethought the Hillary connection to Harper but they are all so sleazy that it wouldn't suprise me in the least.

There's certainly a lot different version of this story around now. Latest is it wasn't Obama but Clinton or an advisor that said no worry. Harper keeps saying the same thing my advisor would never do such a thing.

Obama is still saying that Harper's government interfered with the elections in the US because Harper wants another Conservative government there.

well after all, Harper did say that "your conservative movement, is a light and an inspiration to people in this country and across the world."

uh huh.

Obama is still saying that Harper's government interfered with the elections in the US....

Well, he certainly tried. Succeed though... is not exactly Mr. Harper's forte.

Let's see, after all his rhetoric as opposition leader, healthcare's still a mess, government is still unaccountable and spends like a liberal, gays still marry, abortion's still legal, Canada's still not in Iraq, and he can't break a consistent 40% base in spite of running against what he claims to be a very inept leader.

He makes me so proud that guy. Achieves everything he sets out to do!

Well, he certainly tried. Succeed though... is not exactly Mr. Harper's forte.

Let's see, after all his rhetoric as opposition leader, healthcare's still a mess, government is still unaccountable and spends like a liberal, gays still marry, abortion's still legal, Canada's still not in Iraq, and he can't break a consistent 40% base in spite of running against what he claims to be a very inept leader.

Could you show where Harper tabled any legislation regarding gay marriage, Iraq or abortion....

Right, it was most likely someone from the Clinton camp... LOL

The Liberals are pretty desperate to reclaim themselves and will put forward any allegations they can to to further their agenda.

This is a typical character assassination scheme where they know that there is no scandal but if they say something often enough it will be believed ( you know, Lenin's useful idiots and all that) and public opinion of the Conservatives could go down, despite their having nothing to do with it.

The Liberals are pretty desperate to reclaim themselves and will put forward any allegations they can to to further their agenda.

This is a typical character assassination scheme where they know that there is no scandal but if they say something often enough it will be believed ( you know, Lenin's useful idiots and all that) and public opinion of the Conservatives could go down, despite their having nothing to do with it.

Scriblett, are you serious? Do you really believe that no one in the CPC was responsible for leaking that memo to the press? Really? No, really????? Seriously??????????????

The memo came into Associated Press hands in the U.S. It came from Canada. It was a government document. It was leaked.

I don't don't why some people here are in denial and think this was the fault of the Liberals. Even the U.S. ambassador, a republican appointment says this was interfering with the U.S. election.

LOL, the fault actually lies with Obama's loose lips, as he does like to tell people he's a new kind of politician who only tells the truth... sure, as David Frum says:

Yet if anything, it is the Harper government that was victimized here. In Ohio, Obama indirectly made Canada

and Canadian trade the villain of his campaign narrative. Then, after whipping Canada and Canadian trade, Obama thrust an uninvited secret on the Canadian government. When the truth emerged, as it always does, Obama's

supporters denounced Ottawa for not doing more to protect his lie. The Obama campaign played a risky game of deception in Ohio. The risk backfired on them. That's nobody's fault but their own.

Harper the massive strategist, good on him, he's keeping Canada's economic interests a main priority and looking out for our country first.

He's looking out for our interests by antagonizing and alienating the man who, by the most accurate indicators of future events (http://www.intrade.com/), is likely to be the next president of the U.S.?

When Carolyn Parrish acted like an idiot and threatened Canada-U.S. relations, Conservatives were in an uproar. At least the Liberals knew what to do with her. Now that the Conservatives' leader is showing he isn't much brighter in the diplomacy department, they're defending him??? I don't get them sometimes.

Hopefully we'll soon have a new PM who doesn't make our interests such a priority. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

Obama got caught in political double speak. Thats his problem, if he had never done it, he would never had the problem. Very simiple, in fact this has been very good for the Americans because it shows the Americans that he is a typical American politician, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

He's running a MINORITY government. He can't table any of the specific motions you mentioned because he knows darn well none of the other parties would support it.

It seems that Canadians,at least

for the time being are content

with a minority government,

trusting neither

Harper nor Dion with the full reins

of Government

Status Quo-it can be a wonderful thing.

Sure not a lot is being accomplished,

steady as she goes.

Edited by leonardcohen

Yeah, those 3 back to back majorities really hurt. Harper will probably never even see one.

Yes, they hurt indeed. Under those 3 majorities, Canadians saw their medical system underfunded to such an extent that line ups for operations became the norm. I wonder if our medical system will ever return to normal since thousands of Canadians have fled to the US to practice their medical professions there. I laughed my ass off when I heard Martin wasn't even using the medical system, but a private clinic instead.