U.S. Presidential Elections 2008

I have always thought Richardson was a possible for Clinton or Obama.
Richarddson's not exactly a great draw with voters, though I do like him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richarddson's not exactly a great draw with voters, though I do like him.

I don't know how well known Richardson is. But he is a very likeable guy, and I think that the more people get to know him they more they will like him. Come to think of it, Obama is the same way...I don't think anyone would have predicted a year or two ago that Obama would win the nomination.

Senator Obama stepped on it this weekend while trying to bolster his non-existing military resume:

Barack Obama is getting called out again for his knowledge of history, including his own family’s, after declaring to veterans on Memorial Day that his uncle helped liberate the Auschwitz death camp at the end of World War II.

Two problems with the tale: Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviet Army, and Obama’s American mother was an only child.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/27/re...ng-key-details/

The whoppers can only get better as time goes on! :lol:

Senator Obama stepped on it this weekend while trying to bolster his non-existing military resume:

Barack Obama is getting called out again for his knowledge of history, including his own family’s, after declaring to veterans on Memorial Day that his uncle helped liberate the Auschwitz death camp at the end of World War II.

Two problems with the tale: Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviet Army, and Obama’s American mother was an only child.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/27/re...ng-key-details/

At least him and Hill weren't ducking sniper fire during operation Battleaxe

If your attention span could extend beyond two paragraphs, you would have found it was his great uncle and the camp was Buchenwald. More a case of misspeaking than an actual whopper, wouldn't you say?

If your attention span could extend beyond two paragraphs, you would have found it was his great uncle and the camp was Buchenwald. More a case of misspeaking than an actual whopper, wouldn't you say?

"Misspeaking" = To speak mistakenly, inappropriately, or rashly.....but in a US presidential race, it equals a whopper / gaffe, as all missteps are magnified by the opposition and circumstance.

Incoming Hillary! :lol:

Guest American Woman

Together Obama and Hillary couldn't out-"misspeak"Bush no matter how hard they tried. He still reigns supreme in that area, and most likely always will. But since you're so concerned about Obama misspeaking, I'm sure you must have commented about it when McCain made his blunder and "misspoke," and I just missed your post.

"Sen. John McCain, traveling in the Middle East to promote his foreign policy expertise, misidentified in remarks Tuesday which broad category of Iraqi extremists are allegedly receiving support from Iran. He said several times that Iran, a predominately Shiite country, was supplying the mostly Sunni militant group, al-Qaeda. In fact, officials have said they believe Iran is helping Shiite extremists in Iraq."

"Pressed to elaborate, McCain said it was 'common knowledge and has been reported in the media that al-Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq from Iran, that's well known. And it's unfortunate.' A few moments later, Sen. Joseph Lieberman, standing just behind McCain, stepped forward and whispered in the presidential candidate's ear. McCain then said: 'I'm sorry, the Iranians are training extremists, not al-Qaeda.'"

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman

This is a surprise. "The founder -- and defender -- of Fox News said he expected Obama to win in a landslide, citing widespread unhappiness with the current administration and his disenchantment with Republican contender John McCain." link

This is a surprise. "The founder -- and defender -- of Fox News said he expected Obama to win in a landslide, citing widespread unhappiness with the current administration and his disenchantment with Republican contender John McCain.

I wasn't particularly surprised. Even conservatives see the reality that the Republicans are going down fast. All the evidence points to a big loss for them. You just won't find many conservatives who live in the real world on anonymous online forums.

Well, the first big time Democrat to go down will be Hillary Clinton, following in the footsteps of lesser political god John Edwards. She will quit today as reported by AP:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton

The Democratic Party will seek to win the presidential election with a junior senator and heretofore unknown politician from Chicago's storied landscape.....good luck with that!

CNN is reporting that Clinton has made a speech in New York saying she is open to a VP position. When someone in her position makes a statement like that, it's tantamount to saying "You want me and my voters? Make me VP." We'll see where this goes.

CNN is reporting that Clinton has made a speech in New York saying she is open to a VP position. When someone in her position makes a statement like that, it's tantamount to saying "You want me and my voters? Make me VP." We'll see where this goes.

IF Obama has her, which I don't think he will, if he gets to be president, he better wear armour from head to toe, she wants the presidency after all, it is America.

IF Obama has her, which I don't think he will, if he gets to be president, he better wear armour from head to toe, she wants the presidency after all, it is America.

Yeah, it's hard to believe she will be able to play second banana. Maybe after seeing what Cheney was able to do with his puppet, she's getting ideas...

I hate to brag, actually I don't. But it looks as though my political acumen is quite high, as this is something I've been saying for a while now. I guess it took the MSM a little time to catch up. It's quite obvious, as I've said in other threads, that Obama must pick Hillary as his VP. He has no choice now.

Some people questioned why Hillary didn't dive out of the race in May, or April, or March. Well, this is why. She holds considerable political capital, and can now begin to wield it. You may not like Hillary, but she's a very smart person, and an even smarter politician.

I hate to brag, actually I don't. But it looks as though my political acumen is quite high, as this is something I've been saying for a while now. I guess it took the MSM a little time to catch up. It's quite obvious, as I've said in other threads, that Obama must pick Hillary as his VP. He has no choice now.

Some people questioned why Hillary didn't dive out of the race in May, or April, or March. Well, this is why. She holds considerable political capital, and can now begin to wield it. You may not like Hillary, but she's a very smart person, and an even smarter politician.

The problem with this, as was pointed out by Henry Champ of the CBC, is that with Hillary as Vice President, Bill would be running around sticking his nose in everywhere. If I were Obama, I'd run from this. Offer her a cabinet post, maybe Health, but Hillary as VP would be trouble.

To that add the persistent rumour that Michelle Obama hates Hillary. I'd not considered the mischief a Bill Clinton could still do chasing skirts, but even if he only sticks his nose in government business, he'd be a major pain to Obama. But Obama needs a centrist VP since he's so left wing. I can't think of any centrist Dems at the moment, but I wonder if Colin Powell would consider it?

Picking a VP will be the first test of strength for Obama. Hillary and Bill would overshadow him and he knows it. How could he carry on with the "change" mantra if he picked someone who represents the old guard? Plus Bill has baggage that McCain will use in the dirtiest way possible. As well, Bill won't allow himself to be fully vetted.

Some good news for the Democrats:

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton will declare her strong support for Barack Obama's White House bid and rally supporters around him, she said in a letter on Thursday, drawing the curtain on a gruelling 16-month nominating fight that badly split the Democratic Party.

link

Ask Vince Foster for information on that issue.

Guest American Woman

Regarding Obama and the Clintons, Obama has said that he needs Bill Clinton's experience and help in runninging his campaign against McCain. Doesn't sound as if he's planning on distancing himself from the Clinton's with that observation.