Trudeau's immigration minister Marc Miller announces that he is quintupling the number of refugees Canada is taking from Gaza from 1,000 to 5,000.

33 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You continue to make up opinions that I don't hold. All I know is that you post denigrations of peoples and won't retract them. 

OK, so you're saying that you know how badly women are mistreated in the muslim countries then? And you know how much religious bigotry there is over there compared to anywhere else? 

Then how can you not acknowledge that their bar is just lower? 

And if their bar is so much lower, what do you make of that?  

I truly understand that there will be awesome people within any culture, no matter how shitty it is in general. 

I truly understand that there will be terrible people within any culture, no matter how great it is in general. 

But all ships rise with the tide, and in islamic countries, the tide is low AF.

Just admit that you don't like Muslims why don't you..

I literally said that exact thing. Are you kidding me right now? About ten posts above I said:

• They're bad.

Stop acting like I'm skirting the issue.

I'm not. I'm openly saying that they're bad people, and I'm saying that you're wrong to think that they're not. But I've also explained it to you, you just want to pretend that I'm not telling the truth.

I can describe for you, accurately and honestly, in several different ways, how they're just bad people in general. 

It's a certainty that there are some people who are still good despite their long-term exposure to that toxic religion, but in general, they're bad on average. 

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

They're bad.

Stop acting like I'm skirting the issue.

I'm not. I'm openly saying that they're bad people, and I'm saying that you're wrong to think that they're not. But I've also explained it to you, you just want to pretend that I'm not telling the truth.

I can describe for you, accurately and honestly, in several different ways, how they're just bad people in general. 

Yes that's all well and good but why can't you just say if you think they're bad people or not?

- the leftie posters here, probably. 

5 minutes ago, herbie said:

Don't call him a bigot. He probably hated those educated white Christian draft dodgers coming here too.

Don't call me names just because I tell the truth.

An example of bigotry is discriminating against someone or slandering them on false pretences. 

It's not bigotry to say "I don't like Nazis." I think we'd all agree that's just a rational comment.

What's happening here is that you are perfectly fine with cultures that exhibit rabid religious bigotry and misogyny, and I'm not. 

If you can make your case that it's ok to flog women and throw them in jail for not wearing a hijab, then I'll admit that it's bigoted to frown on people who do that. And I'm talking about Iran there. It's not a small, backwards country. They have hundreds of universities. But that's where their morality is.

If you can make your case that it's ok to beat up women because you can see them from outside their home, and they're not wearing a hijab, then I'll admit that it's bigoted to frown on people who do that.

If you can make your case that it's ok to beat up or rape women for not wearing a hijab, then I'll admit that it's bigoted to frown on people who do that. This is not uncommon in islamic countries, and the police won't do anything about it.

If you can make your case that it's ok verbally harass or threaten women for not wearing a hijab, then I'll admit that it's bigoted to frown on people who do that. There aren't many places in the muslim world where it gets any better than this for women, and in those rare instances it's just in tourist areas. Venture into a small town in any muslim country and women aren't safe without hijabs, at the very least.

If you can make your case that it's ok beat up or even kill women and for going to school, then I'll admit that it's bigoted to frown on people who do that. 

If you can make your case that it's ok for grown men to have boys as sexual pets, then I'll admit that it's bigoted to frown on people who do that. 

If you can make your case that Pakistan is a more religiously tolerant country with a more pleasant history than Israel, then I'll admit that it's bigoted to frown on islam in general. 

The things that I mentioned above are quite common throughout the muslim world. Go ahead and try to make the case that it's "bigotry" to think very little of people who do those types of things, you little weasel.

When you call me names for not suck-holing to people who do the aforementioned things, you're giving the thumbs up to all of it. You're actually supporting bigotry and misogyny - over there

Just now, CdnFox said:

Yes that's all well and good but why can't you just say if you think they're bad people or not?

- the leftie posters here, probably. 

It's weird that MH's radical leftism prohibits him from noticing that I openly criticize islamic culture even when I come out and say it directly. 

Some part of him still has to pretend that I don't think of muslims as a lower culture. They just are, and I've proven that over and over here. 

• Like 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

It's weird that MH's radical leftism prohibits him from noticing that I openly criticize islamic culture even when I come out and say it directly. 

Some part of him still has to pretend that I don't think of muslims as a lower culture. They just are, and I've proven that over and over here. 

I think his desire is to try to suggest that your argument is not based on rational thought but rather is based on the fact that you dislike that culture. This is essentially an ad hominem attack

However this neglects to recognize that It's not a case of disliking these facts because you dislike the people but rather you just dislike the people because of these facts. In other words, they're not a scumbag because you hate them but rather you  hate you because they're a scumbag,

If he can dismiss your argument as being simply an Imaginary delusion brought on by your rampant and unexplained hatred then he can ignore all of your points as being non-credible. If he has to admit that your credible points are what lead to your hatred then that goes out the window and he'd have to work at his answer :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think we'd all agree that's a rational comment, from a leftist POV

I wonder if there were "Gays for Nazis" during WWII...

Ahh yes, the "hitler loves equality" posters were rampant

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

So, in the very worst state in the US, girls still have to be more than twice as old as they do in the muslim world. Is that your gotcha moment, or do you have something else?

No.  No gotchas here, just looking at some of your ideas.

Good to see that you support banning Kansans from coming to Canada.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

I literally said that exact thing. Are you kidding me right now? About ten posts above I said:

• They're bad.

Ok, then.  Given your admitted prejudice, we won't be calling on you for objective opinions and balanced analysis.

Please just go wait in your car, thanks.

Edited by Michael Hardner

52 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I think his desire is to try to suggest that your argument is not based on rational thought but rather is based on the fact that you dislike that culture. This is essentially an ad hominem attack

However this neglects to recognize that It's not a case of disliking these facts because you dislike the people but rather you just dislike the people because of these facts. In other words, they're not a scumbag because you hate them but rather you  hate you because they're a scumbag,

If he can dismiss your argument as being simply an Imaginary delusion brought on by your rampant and unexplained hatred then he can ignore all of your points as being non-credible. If he has to admit that your credible points are what lead to your hatred then that goes out the window and he'd have to work at his answer :) 

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, then.  Given your admitted prejudice, we won't be calling on you for objective opinions and balanced analysis.

@WestCanMan  -   Called it.  :) 

53 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No.  No gotchas here, just looking at some of your ideas.

Good to see that you support banning Kansans from coming to Canada.  Thanks.

I am not thrilled with people marrying 15 yr olds, but I'm revolted that grown men can marry 8 yr olds.

7 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Why do you assume OUR culture and values are more important than THEIR culture and values. Even in THEIR country!? you want us to impose our own cultural values on them there?! 

I don't have anything like this crossing my mind so ..

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

We chose to side with the child-rapists against the people who murdered girls for going to school.

You're actually attempting to make a value judgement here?

16 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

If you can make your case that it's ok to flog women and throw them in jail for not wearing a hijab, then I'll admit that it's bigoted

The "Hijabs and burqas are their culture" excuse is easily discredited by googling each Muslim country's traditional dress for women. 

For instance, this is Iran's traditional dress for women:

Screenshot_20240530-080322.thumb.jpg.fa56d41f77a812e9a77e33d004c7539e.jpg 

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's not prejudice buddy. 

It's an adult understanding of known, popular behaviours.

Can you deny any of the the things I said?

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

You're actually attempting to make a value judgement here?

Life is a series of them. 

Knowing what you know about the Taliban and our allies over there, what do you have to say about the Afghanis in general? Are they just like people in Comox? Flin Flon? 

Where do you find people like that in Canada eyeball? Are there enough of them to run the show? 

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. It's not prejudice buddy. 

2. Can you deny any of the the things I said?

1. Yes, you prejudge members of these nations, pretty much the definition.

2. They're your opinions.  I don't see the point of trying to have an objective discussion, because you have your mind made up about a whole people.

Doing so is done, by the way, for every group... national, gender, race.  They do it for white males too.  

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. They're your opinions.  I don't see the point of trying to have an objective discussion, because you have your mind made up about a whole people.

Doing so is done, by the way, for every group... national, gender, race.  They do it for white males too.  

If those are just my opinions, and incorrect, you should be able to prove them wrong. Why don't you try to do that instead of just babblig?

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If those are just my opinions, and incorrect, you should be able to prove them wrong. Why don't you try to do that instead of just babblig?

I'm against general prejudice as a moral principle.  You don't think it's wrong.  So if someone argues against your group, white or whatever, or any group... your response would presumably to argue the facts.

Do you think that approach would work against your opponent in this scenario?

Edited by Michael Hardner

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Hey brainiac: if 10,000 Canadians were dumb enough to to want to emigrate to Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan or Iran, and the people over there said "Those guys believe in things like gay marriage and allowing women to drive cars" would they be "wrong"? Would that make them "prejudiced"?  

Keep in mind that, from their POV, they would be saying really bad things about us. Those things would count as serious accusations. 

So would the things they're saying be true, or would they be hateful allegations? 

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm against general prejudice as a moral principle. 

It's not general prejudice. It's an acknowledgement of their cultural beliefs and practices. It's who they are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. if 10,000 Canadians were dumb enough to to want to emigrate to Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan or Iran, and the people over there said "Those guys believe in things like gay marriage and allowing women to drive cars" would they be "wrong"? Would that make them "prejudiced"?  

2. It's not general prejudice. It's an acknowledgement of their cultural beliefs and practices. It's who they are.

1. Yes 

2. All you're doing is explaining where your prejudice comes from.