Jump to content

Poilievre -UnTypical Canadian


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

For a start, I would change the immigration system and would not bring in all the people from the third world whose beliefs and culture are totally contrary to our historic culture.  It is destroying Canada.

Quite un christian of you to turn away the helpless, needy and unwanted. You are sounding very prejudicial and racist.

Only allow folks you like?

Canada is a land of immigrants, from all over.....that is our culture. Should we return to a had tax like we put on Chinese. Or to prevent Black farmers form entering Canada in the early 1900's? Or should we keep turning away jews, like we did during WWII?

You are pretty hypocritical LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Incidentally both Trudeaus seemed to have a particular interest for Castro and China. 

And as some often forget it was the 1970s and NIXON also 'had an interest in China' though I don't hear too many holding that against him. And Justin's view of China is 100% the opposite in attempting to reduce China's influence on us.
As for PET's interest in Cuba, it was an open opportunity to do the same and influence them while the USA kept up its temper tantrum instead.

Seems you're Trudeau hatred made you forget and twist history, perhaps you despise them because both Castro and PET did not kiss American ass.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pertaining to the subject of being untypical, PP and the Tories did something entirely untypical of right wing conservatives:

They voted to support anti-scab legislation.

Understand that? They didn't support your freedumb to steal someone elses job or hire people to do so. They did not stick to every single nasty regressive thing many of the 'new conservatives' hold dear to their hearts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, herbie said:

And as some often forget it was the 1970s and NIXON also 'had an interest in China' though I don't hear too many holding that against him. And Justin's view of China is 100% the opposite in attempting to reduce China's influence on us.
As for PET's interest in Cuba, it was an open opportunity to do the same and influence them while the USA kept up its temper tantrum instead.

Seems you're Trudeau hatred made you forget and twist history, perhaps you despise them because both Castro and PET did not kiss American ass.

 

Whoa Whoa Tabernac!!!

That was not my quote, that was blackturds. I was responding to it.  (Posted yesterday at 03:57 PM )

Read the post again and then chastise the person that actually said that.


Oh and, I hate all politicians equally, LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I forgot to edit the author in the section I picked.... sorry!

I've personally known a few councillors, mayors, MLAs and MPs that were good. So I don't particularly hate politicians, I see the structures and confines which they work under as needing some adjusting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Pertaining to the subject of being untypical, PP and the Tories did something entirely untypical of right wing conservatives:

They voted to support anti-scab legislation.

Understand that? They didn't support your freedumb to steal someone elses job or hire people to do so. They did not stick to every single nasty regressive thing many of the 'new conservatives' hold dear to their hearts.

PP and the Conservatives voted for it probably because it makes sense to do so.  

The unions are a significant voting base and the Conservatives know they must get their support to win the election.  Ordinary working people are really the people the Conservatives must win over these days so it makes sense.  The idea the conservatives only favour business has been false for a long time.

There are also essential workers who must cross the picket line to keep essential services going, such as power companies, telephone companies, hospitals, etc.  This should not affect essential workers.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Seems you're Trudeau hatred made you forget and twist history, perhaps you despise them because both Castro and PET did not kiss American ass.

 

There are tons of reasons to be opposed to Trudeau, not just his leanings toward Cuba and China in the past.

"Canadian government officials, such as Foreign Minister Mélanie Joly, regularly accept Hamas’s accusations that Israel is targeting civilians as accurate news that’s worthy of repeating. And when evidence proves those accounts to be biased or outright lies — as in the case of the many civilian deaths in a camp near Rafah, which appear to have been caused by exploding munitions hidden in the area and not the Israeli airstrike itself — Joly does not retract her accusations.

One might also note that neither she nor our prime minister has ever declared unequivocal support for Israel’s right to respond to the October 7 attack and defend itself against the ongoing existential threat of Hamas, a declared genocidal, and inhumane, terrorist organization operating next door to it."

Letters: Political leaders are giving Canadians a license to hate (msn.com)

Canada is in a mess now and a cost-of-living crisis for millions of Canadians.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2024 at 12:14 PM, CdnFox said:

Wow, crapping on a guy because he's adopted. 

And because his wife is foreign. 

How would you know,  you're in quebec. 

Quebec is what is wrong with Canada today. Without that blood sucking hell hole "country" in Canada, western Canadians would be rich as hell today. But thanks to french town, they have pretty much sucked western Canada dry of it's money and resources and wealth. O, how i long for a Canada without french town living in it.

Go, quebec,go. Works for me! Bye-bye. 👎

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Yeah, I forgot to edit the author in the section I picked.... sorry!

I've personally known a few councillors, mayors, MLAs and MPs that were good. So I don't particularly hate politicians, I see the structures and confines which they work under as needing some adjusting.

Generally, they are all good for a portion of their first term then they find out what they can get for free and all turn the other cheek (or open the other pocket) LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Quite un christian of you to turn away the helpless, needy and unwanted. You are sounding very prejudicial and racist.

Canada spends billions of dollars of taxpayer money on the rest of the world.  Every country has the right to protect itself from excessive immigration.

Sounds like you don't believe in immigration controls and think that Canada belongs to the rest of the world.  So we should just open the flood gates and forget about the well-being of Canadians.  You are a good NDP-Liberal type because that is what they believe.   They believe Canada is a post-national state.  We are no longer a sovereign country and no longer have a right to protect our own country from the like of foreign criminals and terrorists.  No, Liberals and NDP can't even protect our country from a housing crisis because liberals and left don't care about Canadians.  They only want to bring in more votes for themselves.  That's what it is all about.  Votes.

As for helping the needy, that is an individual responsibility.  Nothing stopping you from donating to charitable organizations to help the needy.  Using taxpayer money and immigration is Socialism or Communism which is robbing Peter to pay Paul.  It is not charity.  It is theft.

Just because Canada has more prosperity than many other countries doesn't mean Canada has to open its border to the rest of world and swamp Canada with foreigners who are hostile to our traditional values and culture.  Where did you come from that makes you think our country of Canada belongs to the rest of the world?  Must be some kind of Communist/Socialist ideologue.

 

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Canada spends billions of dollars of taxpayer money on the rest of the world.  Every country has the right to protect itself from excessive immigration.

Sounds like you don't believe in immigration controls and think that Canada belongs to the rest of the world.  So we should just open the flood gates and forget about the well-being of Canadians.  You are a good NDP-Liberal type because that is what they believe.   They believe Canada is a post-national state.  We are no longer a sovereign country and no longer have a right to protect our own country from the like of foreign criminals and terrorists.  No, Liberals and NDP can't even protect our country from a housing crisis because liberals and left don't care about Canadians.  They only want to bring in more votes for themselves.  That's what it is all about.  Votes.

As for helping the needy, that is an individual responsibility.  Nothing stopping you from donating to charitable organizations to help the needy.  Using taxpayer money and immigration is Socialism or Communism which is robbing Peter to pay Paul.  It is not charity.  It is theft.

Just because Canada has more prosperity than many other countries doesn't mean Canada has to open its border to the rest of world and swamp Canada with foreigners who are hostile to our traditional values and culture.  Where did you come from that makes you think our country of Canada belongs to the rest of the world?  Must be some kind of Communist/Socialist ideologue.

 

Do you think Poilievre will make significant changes to foreign aid or immigration?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Canada spends billions of dollars of taxpayer money...

Sound like you don't believe in immigration controls ....

.....  Must be some kind of Communist/Socialist ideologue.

 

Being the resident bible thumper that preaches scriptures and Jesus and sharing and  all other bible do unto others stuff,   

A 2 second google search found "Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Luke 6:35 - But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil." 

Your discrimination against immigrants and needy and helpless is as hypocritical as it can get.

What  I believe is immaterial, I am outing your hypocrisy and unchristian attitude.

And. you accuse me of being "some kind of Communist/Socialist ideologue"?  I am not sure if your accusation is worse than your total disregard for what you preach.

You should be ashamed of claiming to be christian. Even Muslims have more charity than you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

A 2 second google search found "Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Luke 6:35 - But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil." 

Your discrimination against immigrants and needy and helpless is as hypocritical as it can get.

What  I believe is immaterial, I am outing your hypocrisy and unchristian attitude.

What a farcical comment you make.  Everyone knows you hate Bible believers - Christians.

You have made lots of comments proving your hatred of the Bible and Christianity.  You only quote the Bible when you think you can use it against a Bible believer because that is your main goal.  You love to be an accuser of Bible believers.

That is your interpretation of the Bible and you think it applies to your Socialist beliefs, which is a lie.

It cannot be used to support Communism or Socialism.

In all your insulting and accusatory comments to me and rebuking me for preaching the Bible, you prove you don't believe the Bible at all.  So how is it you are suddenly preaching to love your enemies etc.?   That is pure hyprocrisy.   Everyone knows you don't believe the Bible to begin with.  You only cherry pick something that you think you can use to throw dirt with.  It's pure fakery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

"Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Luke 6:35 - But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil." 

That has nothing to do with immigration to Canada.  If the government brings in 100,000 migrants or immigrants that can't support themselves, then Canadian taxpayers end up supporting them as has been done often.  It requires millions of dollars of taxpayer money to support immigrants if they are unable to support themselves.

You are mixing up and trying to use verses that have nothing to do with immigration.

When government uses taxpayer money to support vast numbers of immigrants that arrive here, that is Socialism, not charity.  Charity is an individual thing when people voluntarily help someone or give to a charitable cause.  

When government just takes taxpayer money (by force) and re-distributes it to support massive immigration that is forced wealth redistribution or a form of Socialism  (social assistance).  It is not voluntary charitable giving.

How do you see those verses as having anything to do with immigration and taxpayer funded support of immigrants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2024 at 4:48 AM, August1991 said:

AG,

At critical moments in our short history, we not only have avoided civil war - we get along.

Other countries and places are different.

Americans celebrate Lincoln. Canadians celebrate Trudeau Snr.

Americans celebrate Obama. Canadians celebrate Laurier. 

 

 

Yes we have avoided civil war, but get along, is that why Quebec has a separation party, and has had a separation vote...is that why the west likes the est so much, you have a funny sense of who gets along...

Trudeau snr , who celebrates that guy again.... 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Do you think Poilievre will make significant changes to foreign aid or immigration?

He stated so in the media that he was cutting most if not all foreign aid to fix problems here at home first..., unfortunately my silver balls does not go that far into the future...Immigration do you think we could afford NOT to cut immigration...atleast as part of the housing issue it makes sense to cut it back a lot...until that problem is fixed, and not just federally but provinces are having a tough go with immigration as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Army Guy said:

 Immigration do you think we could afford NOT to cut immigration...atleast as part of the housing issue it makes sense to cut it back a lot...until that problem is fixed, and not just federally but provinces are having a tough go with immigration as well. 

The key word is significantly.  Poilievre is a landlord so he doesn't want to pop the bubble...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't really think he will, no.  The thinking of most here, including you, seems to be that aside from gutting the CBC, there won't be major changes.

 

ROFLMAO  i think you've got a bit of a literacty issue there  :)  not to mention a short term memory issue  you've actually quoted me in your little "reminder" post saying the exact opposite. 

Quote

Do you?

without a doubt. He's been pretty clear, immigration needs to be reduced to a level that we can support. We have to be able to build enough homes etc etc for the people we bring in. That will inevitably result in a major reduction in the number of immigrants. He won't want to say that right now for political reasons but it is obviously his intent.

He will make a number of other major improvements as well over the first 4 years. We will begin to see the country pull out of the nose dive that Justin has put it in. I doubt he'll do anything miraculous or beyond belief or the like but there will be significance and major changes.

But we will see which of us has a better handle on politics in time i'm sure.  You who thinks nothing much will be different or literally everyone else who thinks that there will be substantial change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO  i think you've got a bit of a literacty issue there  :)  not to mention a short term memory issue  you've actually quoted me in your little "reminder" post saying the exact opposite. 

 

Cbc cuts, attrition, 4 to 5% spending cuts... . Yes, I remember that list.  You actually said that it wasn't going to be that hard, just that Trudeau was too stupid to do it. Which is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The key word is significantly.  Poilievre is a landlord so he doesn't want to pop the bubble...

Sure he is, and he can become a slum lord after office, but if he wants to stay in office he has to at least act likes he cares,even slap other landlords around for a bit... It is going to take a mountain of money to put things back on track, i don't know where it is going to come from...but this crazy spending in my opinion, is not going to stop for a while yet...hence it will put more pressure on the housing market..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Sure he is, and he can become a slum lord after office, but if he wants to stay in office he has to at least act likes he cares,even slap other landlords around for a bit... It is going to take a mountain of money to put things back on track, i don't know where it is going to come from...but this crazy spending in my opinion, is not going to stop for a while yet...hence it will put more pressure on the housing market..

Ok, how much do you think he'll cut immigration by?

I'm only about 50% sure of my own prediction btw...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Cbc cuts, attrition, 4 to 5% spending cuts... . Yes, I remember that list. 

Do you though? because The list included reducing immigration to sustainable levels and you seem to have forgotten that.

Quote

 You actually said that it wasn't going to be that hard, just that Trudeau was too stupid to do it. Which is it?

Still struggling with basic comprehension and logic i see.  The fact that it won't be that hard Doesn't mean it won't have a big impact. Its not hard to pull the Pin on a grenade but it can have a severe impact on the world around you :) 

 It's entirely possible for it to be both easy and impactful to make change. As I noted, your buddy's the Liberals have screwed things up so bad that they've made it quite simple to look good without doing much of anything. Putting in any effort at all will make a big difference and we'll look easy.

 So yes, I absolutely expect substantial reductions in immigration both permanent and to a lesser degree temporary. I expect there will be a number of other changes that will have significant impacts. Mostly positive but of course there will also be some side effects and challenges that come with change. But on the whole I think things will be substantially better.

And honestly that's not because I think Pierre is so awesome, I think anybody competent would have a significant impact that was positive and it wouldn't be that hard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Sure he is, and he can become a slum lord after office, but if he wants to stay in office he has to at least act likes he cares,even slap other landlords around for a bit... It is going to take a mountain of money to put things back on track, i don't know where it is going to come from...but this crazy spending in my opinion, is not going to stop for a while yet...hence it will put more pressure on the housing market..

I think you'll find you've got it a little bit backwards. Slapping landlords around is what has given us so few landlords right now. And the ones that are here are very commercial and armed to the teeth with legal teams and experts to fight tenants every which way.

If you think it's easy right now to be a landlord you are grossly mistaken. Remember, these are the people that the governments in many provinces decided out of the blue were personally responsible for providing the social safety net during covid and expected them to go without being paid rent and still provide homes for people because apparently somehow that's Fair.

I think it'll be the other way around if he does anything at all on the federal level which is going to be fairly limited of course. I think he will make things better for landlords, I think he will protect their rights a little bit more so they don't feel like they have to Jack Rents through the roof just to survive in case there's some downturn, and I think he will encourage developers to build rental units along with the regular stratas that they build.

The idea that you can bully people into letting them give you their property simply doesn't work. They wind up using their property for something else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,767
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    rosebella
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...