Anti-Conservative Bias in CBC and MSM

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That one should be easy for you to cite.  Just post budgets from 2016-2021.

Buddy, are you pretending not to know that Trudeau gave CBC all that money?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/liberals-pledge-675-million-in-cbc-funding/article29354285/

Just a few months after the 2015 election, March 2016:

ScreenShot2024-04-27at8_20_52AM.thumb.png.ad3927ce7d25fdf8d2bbb5f025a6a445.png

2. You're letting your personal feelings get in the way of analysis.  I can accept the assertion of bias but not exaggerated claims.3

Whoa, sorry your Lordship, I forgot that you make all the rules and you're the judge and jury.... 😂

FYI there's no one on this forum that doesn't know about CBCs bias and lies, including you.

Here's a snippet from the Ott Sun...

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-lets-talk-about-cbc-and-their-very-obvious-bias

• In the case of the CBC admission, [you know what an "admission" is, right?] their ombudsman released a report into a complaint by Alberta Conservative MP Rachel Harder. She had shared a column Furey wrote last year about Alberta statistics of comorbidities and the role they have played in COVID-19 deaths.

CBC manufactured a story [you know what "manufactured a story" means, right?] made up of people opposed to Harder who were outraged she had shared a story based on facts from Alberta Health Services. CBC’s ombudsman said that story didn’t meet their standards.

Why did the CBC go after a conservative MP like that, when they were busy telling the truth? Not just 'the truth', they told the truth about something that the CBC was already busy lying about...

CBC's ombudsman said "that story didn’t meet their standards" 😂

1) That was all perfectly in line with CBC's standards

2) A proper admission/statement would sound more like: "We would like to offer our most sincere apologies to MP Rachel Harder, for slandering her, and to Canadians, for lying to you about one of the largest stories in the last 50 years, which directly concerns your own personal health choices, and there is no excuse. The people responsible have all been fired, and a review of the CBC's integrity and biases will be done by a panel of members selected jointly by the PCs and LPOC."

"That story didn't meet our standards" 😂

That was literally the opposite of an apology. It basically reads like "We're usually awesome, but this one time we weren't quite as great as usual". 

I don't want either one of us to waste time on this.  I asked you for a few cites, let's see where that goes.

Well, you have some cites now.

1) Trudeau gave the CBC $675M right after they helped him win the 2015 election, and

2) The CBC admitted to fabricating a story to slander a conservative MP and to lie about covid. 

Where is this gonna go, Michael?  Are you gonna start considering that CBC "news" is a based farce? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-wilson-raybould-attorney-general-snc-lavalin-1.5014271

Here's an article on their website that was last updated less than a month before the election. I'll await your response.

1) Just like I told you, that article doesn't reference SNC Lavalin's bribery in Mtl, but they wrote a story about it so they were 100% aware of it. Michel Fournier pleaded guilty to accepting $2.3M in bribes from SNC Lavalin in exchange for helping them win a contract to work on the Jacques Cartier bridge. That article only talks about SNC's overseas crimes, but they're criminals here too.

2) That article was CREATED AND RELEASED in March, 8 months before the election, and what you just posted was a link which proves that they merely edited it a month before the election. That doesn't mean it was released at that time, it was just a 7 month old story languishing in the depths of the internet. 

Do you even know what edits they made to it? Do you have a copy of the article in its original form? For all we know it was edited at the PM's orders to make it look better. 

9 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-wilson-raybould-attorney-general-snc-lavalin-1.5014271

Here's an article on their website that was last updated less than a month before the election. I'll await your response.

Too little too late.  Defund the CBC.  I’d rather watch Hockey Night in Canada on a station people want to watch that doesn’t cower to woke nonsense and restores Don Cherry before he dies than watch more woke politicized nonsense on the CBC.  

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Too little too late.  Defund the CBC.  I’d rather watch Hockey Night in Canada on a station people want to watch that doesn’t cower to woke nonsense and restores Don Cherry before he dies than watch more woke politicized nonsense on the CBC.  

Woke is so overused it means nothing anymore. LOL

Don't know where you live but the CBC,  radio and tv ,is quite important to many people in the farthest reacheds of Canada,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So Russian collusion bombshells landed every second weekend for 2 years, and Trump's whole team is in jail for collusion?

Jussie was lynched? Sandman was a racist who flexed on an elderly native fellow? There was a 50-person car crash in Waukesha? M Brown was a gentle giant? G Floyd was a gentle giant? BLM protests were mostly peaceful, with just a few billion dollars in damages and a couple thousand injured cops, some dead folks, overrun police stations and part of Seattle taken over? There were 'seditious mobs' at the capitol, where some unarmed troglodytes almost managed to "overthrow" the gov't? There was a 'pandemic of the unvaccinated'? Trump referred to immigrants as 'animals'? It's not that big of a deal when members of the FBI commit crimes? Trudeau's hate-mongering against the unvaxed wasn't worth reporting on? The Freedom Convoy was really an unruly, destructive mob, flying Nazi and confederate flags everywhere? Kids needed a covid jab? No one was forced to take the jab? 

LMAO Aristedes. Maybe you were dumb enough to believe this stuff when it was being reported - I certainly wasn't - but with the benefit of hindsight, you need to be man enough to admit that they were all wrong about all of that. 

CNN and CTV are a joke, right from top to bottom. Regurgitating their id10tic narratives is inexcusable at this point. 

Pick any of these subjects and there are exaggerations. I'm not saying MSM doesn't have biases but so does everyone. There is a difference between bias and outright lies.  MSM reporting is different from editorial comment. You can't be critical of something like MSNBC's Morning Joe and then accept everything Tucker Carlson says as gospel and claim to be unbiased yourself. For the most part MSM reporting is accurate at the time. 

At the time, there was no reason not to believe Smollett until police investigation found he was lying, which was reported. The police found he was lying, not your alternative media.  At Waukesha there were 6 killed and 62 injured so I don't know what you are talking about. Most BLM protests were peaceful but some were anything but. Are you saying MSM didn't report the violent protests because that just isn't true. There are hundreds of hours of video concerning Jan 6 and those people were there to stop the election from being certified, some by force if necessary. Were not those FBI members held accountable? Did the media not report that? The Freedom Convoy held the people of Ottawa hostage for weeks. The Emergencies Act was overkill but it had to end. Trudeau is not the media but don't you think the media should report what a PM says?  MSM reported what government and health officials were saying about Covid and vaccines, they weren't making it up, Should they not report things just because you don't want to hear them?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. Buddy, are you pretending not to know that Trudeau gave CBC all that money?

2. Whoa, sorry your Lordship, I forgot that you make all the rules and you're the judge and jury.... 😂

3. FYI there's no one on this forum that doesn't know about CBCs bias and lies, including you.

1. That's right, I didn't know. That's why I asked for a cite.  Thanks for providing it.

2. Implying that I lied... Calling me "your Lordship "?  I'm actually being respectful to you so.

3. Actually I said above that I agree with the idea of bias.  Shorter replies please.

34 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) Just like I told you, that article doesn't reference SNC Lavalin's bribery in Mtl, but they wrote a story about it so they were 100% aware of it. Michel Fournier pleaded guilty to accepting $2.3M in bribes from SNC Lavalin in exchange for helping them win a contract to work on the Jacques Cartier bridge. That article only talks about SNC's overseas crimes, but they're criminals here too.

2) That article was CREATED AND RELEASED in March, 8 months before the election, and what you just posted was a link which proves that they merely edited it a month before the election. That doesn't mean it was released at that time, it was just a 7 month old story languishing in the depths of the internet. 

Do you even know what edits they made to it? Do you have a copy of the article in its original form? For all we know it was edited at the PM's orders to make it look better. 

I already replied to your last post.  Please consolidate your responses.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Woke is so overused it means nothing anymore. LOL

Don't know where you live but the CBC,  radio and tv ,is quite important to many people in the farthest reacheds of Canada,

Okay so if that’s the only justification for the CBC, to provide unprofitable voice and Cancon to the nether regions of Canada, we need to weigh the value of dangling “settler colonial” media and immigrant content to these last refuges of Indigenous culture.  See the problem?  Stop subsidizing dubious ideological projects at taxpayer expense, because the government is going to get sued for it at some point as some form of residential school-like indoctrination.

Either we like the idea of Canada or we don’t, and by Canada I mean not only Indigenous and French Canada but English Canada, or else I don’t want a penny of my earnings funding the left-wing ideological project that continues to dismantle Canada called the CBC.

I didn’t sign up for pro-Liberal government, pro Hamas, pro LGBTQ2S+ lifestyles, anti-Canadian woke nonsense projected to the Arctic.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Okay so if that’s the only justification for the CBC, to provide unprofitable voice and Cancon to the nether regions of Canada, we need to weigh the value of dangling “settler colonial” media and immigrant content to these last refuges of Indigenous culture.  See the problem?  Stop subsidizing dubious ideological projects at taxpayer expense, because the government is going to get sued for it at some point as some form of residential school-like indoctrination.

Either we like the idea of Canada or we don’t, and by Canada I mean not only Indigenous and French Canada but English Canada, or else I don’t want a penny of my earnings funding the left-wing ideological project that continues to dismantle Canada called the CBC.

I didn’t sign up for pro-government, pro Hamas, pro LGBTQ2S+ lifestyles, anti-Canadian woke nonsense projected to the Arctic and endlessly radicalized by the Liberal NDP ideologues.  

Man, you seriously need to get out of your little city and see this country LOL

What "subsidizing dubious ideological projects "??

You know the CBC is funded by all governments, conservative and liberal and they all .increased funding every year.....not just Trudeau? LOL

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Man, you seriously need to get out of your little city and see this country LOL

What "subsidizing dubious ideological projects "??

You know the CBC is funded by all governments, conservative and liberal and they all .increased funding every year.....not just Trudeau? LOL

That Canada doesn’t exist anymore.  Nonpartisan CBC is gone.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I just want them to fund a local news network.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I just want them to fund a local news network.

Only where local private news stations don’t exist AND it’s supported by the local community and recorded in writing so the future generations can’t say it was imposed on the locals.

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Pick any of these subjects and there are exaggerations.

Are you f'ing kidding me right now?

Schiff's bi-weekly bombshell announcement were an exaggeration Aristedes. You should hold him to a far higher standard than any anonymous internet poster. 

Are you saying "His lies were actually bi-monthly", or that he didn't lie? 

Did CNN not completely fall for the Jussie story, and then shout down criticisms of it, and then deny evidence up 'til the last possible second, and then ignore the racial division angle of the story completely? 

Man up. Pick a subject I made there and try to tell me how "exaggerated" it is, stop sticking up for CNN's lies. 

I'm not saying MSM doesn't have biases but so does everyone.

Their biases aren't small. They're not normal. They're not healthy... no healthy person talks like the liars at CTV and CNN.

There is a difference between bias and outright lies.

Wrong. "Lying by omission" is an actual thing. "Lying by exaggeration" is an actual thing.

Bias, at the extreme level at which it's evident and CTV, CBC and CNN reporting is "lying".

MSM reporting is different from editorial comment.

Omission is still lying, just without the colour commentary.

You can't be critical of something like MSNBC's Morning Joe and then accept everything Tucker Carlson says as gospel and claim to be unbiased yourself. For the most part MSM reporting is accurate at the time. 

What Tucker says isn't gospel, but it's sensible.

Morning Joe is a toxic liar and nothing that he says is based on anything that's happening here on earth.

At the time, there was no reason not to believe Smollett until police investigation found he was lying, which was reported. The police found he was lying, not your alternative media.  

At the time, his story sounded far-fetched and ridiculous, just like our own hijab hoax story in Canada. It never deserved serious consideration or widespread coverage, but most importantly, when the story unraveled, the alt-left media still portrayed him as a victim, and completely neglected to even consider it as an attempt to create racial division, which it clearly was. 

Let's be clear - Jussie was in no way a victim here. Jussie Smollett actually was a race-baiter and a hate monger and liar - those are all basic, indisputable facts. 

At Waukesha there were 6 killed and 62 injured so I don't know what you are talking about.

ScreenShot2024-04-27at9_34_49AM.thumb.png.62b4523533bf7e9b04efc61bd1fb7790.png

CNN referred to it as a "crash". 

There was no "crash". 

By contrast, when a car in N Carolina killed 1 person, it was a car attack. At no point has CNN ever considered Waukesha a car attack, but 6 times as many people were killed, twice as many people were injured, and the person who did that had used the exact same vehicle to run over his baby momma just a couple months earlier. 

Most BLM protests were peaceful but some were anything but. Are you saying MSM didn't report the violent protests because that just isn't true.

CNN always downplayed the extent of the rioting, lied about all of the circumstances surrounding the Brown and Floyd incidents, mischaracterized the level of police brutality, assumed racism based on no evidence at all from either incident, and condoned all of the violence and chaos. At no point was it ever too much, it was always just viewed as "a reaction to police racism". 

There are hundreds of hours of video concerning Jan 6 and those people were there to stop the election from being certified, some by force if necessary.

I saw rioters that day, but somehow CNN saw "seditious mobs" in action on that day. FYI there's literally no such thing as a seditious mob.

The absolute fact of the matter is that CNN did not see seditious mobs - NO ONE EVER HAS, in the whole history of the earth by definition - they saw a riot and used words to describe which they thought would implicate the rioters in something that they weren't necessarily guilty of. 

That was lying and bias at its worst.

Were not those FBI members held accountable? Did the media not report that?

No, only one was charged criminally, and even when he was found guilty he wasn't disbarred.

Alt-left media did not report on the FBI's guilty plea. Caswell Thomas lives in the US, he claims to have gone to law school, and he didn't even know about it. Most leftists here didn't know about it until I told them.

Go ask any leftist you know if any FBI members were convicted of crimes and I guarantee you that 80% of them don't know.

You tell me, is it a big story when an FBI agent is convicted of a crime against the president? 

Was it really given the coverage it deserved? 

The Freedom Convoy held the people of Ottawa hostage for weeks.

Oh waaaaa. Canadians were forced to take a jab that killed them. By our gov't. That's why the protest was there. They had every right to be there. 

The Emergencies Act was overkill but it had to end.

Stealing almost every crime from the Nazi playbook was overkill...

The gesunheitspass was overkill, as was freezing bank accounts of dissenters, forcing people to take the jab, stealing gas from the truckers, beating protesters who had surrendered peacefully, the PM hate-mongering Canadians on TV, the media covering up his hate mongering but lying about the decorum at the event and pretending that there were hate symbols everywhere, CBC lying about the connection between co-morbidites and covid deaths, social media outlets banning the truth from FB and Twitter...

Trudeau is not the media but don't you think the media should report what a PM says?  

I think the media absolutely should report what he says, like for example when he calls the unvaxed "racists and misogynists", and asks if Canadians "should tolerate them"? 

Let's not tolerate each other to the max. I'm down.

MSM reported what government and health officials were saying about Covid and vaccines, they weren't making it up, Should they not report things just because you don't want to hear them?

CBC admitted to lying. The gig is up. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Most BLM protests were peaceful but some were anything but. Are you saying MSM didn't report the violent protests because that just isn't true.

There was literally a reporter standing in front of raging fires, and he is sugar coating it! CNN

The MSN is horrible, they often lie by omission because they can't bring themselves to just tell the simple facts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That's right, I didn't know. That's why I asked for a cite.  Thanks for providing it.

I already replied to your last post.  Please consolidate your responses.

You were unaware that Trudeau gave $675M to CBC right after they helped him get elected lol. That's just hard to believe.

Were you also unaware that he gave $600M to "select media outlets" right before the 2019 election, and another $30M or so to media outlets in private before the 2021 election? No one was allowed to know who got that money in 2021... Isn't that weird in a "democracy"? 

Isn't it a bit disconcerting that Trudeau has a habit of giving media outlets vast sums of money right before and after elections? And that he's so adamant that the gov't should have a lead role in internet censorship? 

Meh, what's the worst that could come of all that, hey? It's just not very important to Canadians...

1. Implying that I lied... 2. Calling me "your Lordship "?  3. I'm actually being respectful to you so.

1. Like I said, it's weird that you were unaware. You seem very keen on media matters compared to everything else. Almost as if you have some vested interest.

2. You said this:

• "I can accept the assertion of bias but not exaggerated claims"

That comes off as pretty high and mighty, imo.

It's also non-sensical tbh... If they assert bias then obviously exaggeration would be a normal part of their bias-peddling arsenal, right? Aside from exaggeration and omission, what other way could their bias manifest itself? All that's left is fabrication, which is a step above the others.

3. This was "respectful" in your opinion?

• You're letting your personal feelings get in the way of analysis

Your version of respectful is what I'd call condescending (that's "talking down to people").

I usually know when I'm being lied to, especially when it's as blatant as the CBC's 'news'. I have noticed our media keeping the truth from Canadians. Of course I have feelings about that, but that doesn't make it false.

Also, you've seen the CBC's admission now. They just got pinned to that one because it happened to a Canadian of some importance, who had incontrovertible evidence in black and white, but the CBC is well-known for kissing up to Trudeau, covering up his scandals, dissing his political opponents, etc.

The CBC's news division is pure crap. You'd be better off digging through tea leaves. At least you wouldn't have any ridiculous expectations about the accuracy or validity of what you're seeing.

3. Actually I said above that I agree with the idea of bias. 

But you denied the existence of exaggeration, and like I said, how can they have one without the other? Do you think that omission is somehow better than exaggeration? I'd contend that it's worse... I rate the seriousness of lies thusly:

1 (worst) slander

2 fabrication

3 omission

4 exaggeration

With omission, you don't even know that something happened, so you have no idea what to look for and where, and you will never have the chance to form an opinion on it. At least with exaggeration you've been made aware of something, which you can then check out for yourself, if you care about it. Exaggeration is the baby version of lying, imo. 

Shorter replies please.

I'm making serious accusations, and serious accusations come with a burden of proof imo.

That means full, concise replies, not brief, vague ones. 

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

I find it hard to believe that the CBC bashers even follow it, why would they? So how do they know it is so bad unless they are just swallowing what others tell them.

I, for one, stopped "following it" a long time ago. That doesn't mean that I'm unaware of every single thing they've said in the past ten years...

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

There was literally a reporter standing in front of raging fires, and he is sugar coating it! CNN

The MSN is horrible, they often lie by omission because they can't bring themselves to just tell the simple facts.

What exactly is your problem with that? They are showing the fires and destruction but he says protests didn't get violent until the evening. Are you saying that is wrong? Are you saying that isn't factual? Based on what? 

Every news agency selects what they report. FOX news reporting does the same thing. If you don't think your sources do the same thing you are really naive. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

I, for one, stopped "following it" a long time ago. That doesn't mean that I'm unaware of every single thing they've said in the past ten years...

Sure you are. You know everything about stuff you don't follow. Obviously someone else is telling you what you "know".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What exactly is your problem with that? They are showing the fires and destruction but he says protests didn't get violent until the evening. Are you saying that is wrong? Are you saying that isn't factual? Based on what? 

Again, you guys on the left are sugar coating all the damage done by leftist riots. Take the George Floyd riots alone.

https://fee.org/articles/george-floyd-riots-caused-record-setting-2-billion-in-damage-new-report-says-here-s-why-the-true-cost-is-even-higher/

And these numbers are virtually ignored by the MSM.

According to the MSN, the worst day in the entire history of the US is Jan 6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Sure you are. You know everything about stuff you don't follow. Obviously someone else is telling you what you "know".

I make it my business to know what the CBC is saying. I don't watch it expecting to see the truth. Do you understand the difference?

You "follow" CBC, blindly. What's said there instantly becomes your new opinion. I literally never need wonder "what does Aristedes think about this?" because I know it as soon as I see what CBC is saying, or CNN, just like I know where the train is gonna go when I hear the whistle: straight down the tracks

Did you ever hear a train and expect it to come down the back alley? Me neither.

I get news from a variety of sources, including Fox News, and I verify what's important to me, to what extent I can. 

As business owners, we can't be unaware of what CBC, and especially Global BC are saying. Most people in BC watch Global, or at least they're quoted the most often imo, so we can't be caught unaware of what's on "the news". 

2 hours ago, ironstone said:

I like these ones too:

AC 'describing' flooding:

ScreenShot2024-04-27at12_31_42PM.png.532ce2a3da7d1ac11003608053acb6e3.png

(Not CNN below, it's the Weather Network)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1. You were unaware that Trudeau gave $675M to CBC right after they helped him get elected lol. That's just hard to believe.

2. Were you also unaware that he gave $600M to "select media outlets" right before the 2019 election, and another $30M or so to media outlets in private before the 2021 election?  

3. You said this:

• "I can accept the assertion of bias but not exaggerated claims"

That comes off as pretty high and mighty, imo.

4. This was "respectful" in your opinion?

• You're letting your personal feelings get in the way of analysis

5. The CBC's news division is pure crap. You'd be better off digging through tea leaves.  

6.  ... you denied the existence of exaggeration, 

7. That means full, concise replies, not brief, vague ones. 

1. That's right.  It may be hard for you to believe, but I don't have the CBC budget figures at the top of mind. 

2. He gave money to the newspapers if that's what you mean. Like the National Post?  How's that going for Trudeau?

3. Ok.  But as I said, I accept the assertion of bias at the CBC. The exaggerated claims I was referring to were ones made here, not on the CBC.

4. Yes.  Compare that to calling someone "your Lordship"... I'd say I was trying to politely refer to your perspective coming in to your analysis.

5. Opinion.  Ok.

6. Claimed on here I mean

7. Ok.  I'm busy with family stuff.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ironstone said:

Again, you guys on the left are sugar coating all the damage done by leftist riots. Take the George Floyd riots alone.

https://fee.org/articles/george-floyd-riots-caused-record-setting-2-billion-in-damage-new-report-says-here-s-why-the-true-cost-is-even-higher/

And these numbers are virtually ignored by the MSM.

According to the MSN, the worst day in the entire history of the US is Jan 6.

I'll ask one more time, what wasn't factual about that clip?

FOX News reporting is no different, factual but selective. 

Edited by Aristides

12 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'll ask one more time, what wasn't factual about that clip?

FOX News reporting is no different, factual but selective. 

That clip is similar to "apart from that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

That was one of many riots related to Floyd. In the other link I provided, damages were estimated to be in the range of $2 billion.

It's not just in politics either. In the post by WestCanMan above, even the bloody weather reporters have no qualms about misleading the public.