Anti-Conservative Bias in CBC and MSM

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

It is.

I think it's the reason the MSM is dying.

More people are seeing the lies and propaganda and are turning to other news sources.  The rise of independent bloggers and substacks is one such source.  I follow a lot of different substacks and I find the topics much better researched, mush less partisan and include more linked proofs.

More a case of people choosing their lies and propaganda in accordance with their beliefs. 

On 4/25/2024 at 12:38 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Well... but... you accept the premise without evidence, based on your gut feel.  99% of my online life on another forum is convincing liberals and such not to do such a thing.

There's no emotion needed, it's all just basic common sense. 

The CBC has been a money pit and a bunch of overzealous LPOC fanboys for decades, but they lost touch with reality in the last ten years. 

TBH, Trudeau got way more than his $675M worth from the CBC. We might as well just embrace one-party rule if we keep funding them.

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

There's no emotion needed, it's all just basic common sense. 

The CBC has been a money pit and a bunch of overzealous LPOC fanboys for decades, but they lost touch with reality in the last ten years. 

TBH, Trudeau got way more than his $675M worth from the CBC. We might as well just embrace one-party rule if we keep funding them.

Where did you get that number?  It's a fraction of their annual budget.  Your last sentence is a gross exaggeration.

You're going to need some parts of the CBC, even Poilievre is saying so.

I stand by my assertion that their biases are less extreme than most on here say.  According to insiders they're very aware of this part of their reputation.

5 hours ago, herbie said:

It is only liberal biased if you see anything left of fascist as liberal, have become so Americanized you think the Democrats are liberal.

The Democrats are commited to pouring vast sums of money into fighting climate change, seem hopelessly enamoured of DEI as a racial preferential policy that must be injected into every single government program, and which means, in effect, putting everyone not white and straight at the head of the line, and pushing white people, especially white men who are straight, to the rear. They promote CRT in schools, antiracism as official policy, and criminal sentencing according to race - all of which is identical to our own Liberal party. They are pro-gay, pro-trans, pro-BLM, pro-abortion on demand, anti-police, and anti-death penalty, among others.

Why don't you tell me how that differs from people's standard definition of 'liberal'.

Edited by I am Groot

On 4/25/2024 at 2:26 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Well it IS liberal biased to the same degree that University graduates vote leftish from what I have seen.

Buddy, Duffygate happened in 2012, and the CBC showed Trudeau and Mulcair yelling about it on tv for 3 years. They referred to the 2015 election as a referendum on Duffygate. $90k Duffygate...

Then the WE scandal came in at $900M - literally ten thousand times as much money, with ten times the level of corruption - and CBC didn't talk about it the very next year, when the 2021 election was held. 

Trudeau's family made 3 times as much as the Duffygate total ($300K+), and another $150K in expenses. For what? Did Maggot have her own private jet to fly around in or something? 

1) The Trudeaus lied about even making any money at all from WE, but we know they got $450K incl expenses

2) Trudeau prorogued parliament to shut down the investigation

3) The liberals then blocked that investigation for months

4) Then the CBC didn't even talk about the WE scandal in the last 9 months leading up to the 2021 election. 

CBC was just as Trudeau-friendly with the SNC scandal.

The CBC knows that SNC had a court-documented history of bribing Canadian politicians because they wrote news articles about it, but when the SNC scandal came out they just talked about SNC's Libyan crimes. 

In the end Trudeau created a law specifically to help a criminal entity circumvent due punishments, he tried to force the AG to use his SNC/DPA law, and when she refused he fired her. Then he lied about firing her. 

The SNC scandal happened during the 2019 election year, but there was no talk of it on CBC within the final months leading up to the election. It wasn't a topic during the debates. Then when the election was over, the first thing the CBC did was say that Sheer should step down as leader of the PC's "because he couldn't defeat Trudeau, despite his scandals". Huh? I never would have guessed that the CBC considered Trudeau to have been involved in any scandals at that point. It's like finding out that eyaball is against forcing young people to take the covid jab. 

CBC lied profusely about the Freedom Convoy, and when Trudeau went on TV and said "the unvaxed are very often racists and misogynists" and then went on to ask "Should we tolerate these people?", the CBC just let that one slide. I didn't even know about it until several months later. 

CBC isn't just a little biased, CBC is every bit as bad as NoKo news, Xinhua, or any other state-run media. They're a step above MSNBC, that's about it. 

CBC "News" is hot garbage in a flaming dumpster. No one with an IQ over 80 takes them seriously. 

30 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Where did you get that number?  It's a fraction of their annual budget. 

Trudeau gave the CBC an extra $150M a year for 5 years not long after he was elected the first time. 

Your last sentence is a gross exaggeration.

Not at all. When the MSM in this country is as one-sided as CBC is, the opposition is just a sideshow. 

It took several massive scandals and vax-fascism to give the PCs a chance to win, but if you listen to the CBC, there were no scandals and there was no vax-fascism. 

I'm still not doubting that CBC and CTV can pull Trudeau's fat outta the fire. They will shout down the PCs every chance they get, and if Poilievre has so much as an unpaid parking ticket, it will be a problem for him. 

You're going to need some parts of the CBC, even Poilievre is saying so.

He's wrong. The CBC needs to be axed completely. 

I stand by my assertion that their biases are less extreme than most on here say. 

Yeh, I fully understand that about you. 

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Not when it is whatever you want it to be.

And your answer is always what CNN and CTV tell you it is. 

Do you think their track record is fairly respectable, with the benefit of hindsight?  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. True enough. I left that out on purpose. Nothing to do with with the context that you mentioned which doesn't apply anyway because corporate alignment isn't even the key part.

The rest of your post is about climate policy... Which is a tangent. I would say climate policy has a good level of support which is why democracys are acting on it. 

But it's a drift in the best case...

You really don’t know how deeply embedded these hiring and training practices, and yes, green policies are embedded at the corporate levels, huh?  Do you know that companies refer to these UN goals in their strategic planning?  It’s in school boards’ multi-year strategic plans as well.  Equity, DEI, and climate action are literally the core principles of most organizations.  They’re part of the landscape now.  They’ve been adopted and promoted at the government level by governments that are very fixated on global central planning at the UN and Davos.  It’s simply how business and government are done, backstopped by data collection and analytics, surveillance, and enforcement penalties and rewards. This is really what the social credit systems are about in China, and it’s no accident.  Once the top-down command and control system is in place, it can be used to implement all matter of “social goods” as defined by the managerial class.

That’s what needs to be questioned from both the left and right, if freedom of expression and local democracy (subsidiarity) matter to you, and if you care about democracy, they should.

There are also huge economic consequences for these policies. The wokest democracy, Canada, is slated to have the worst economic growth in the G7 for many years to come.  These government programs and regulations come at great cost, and the costs impact the elites the least.  Is that perspective “alt right”?

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is really what the social credit systems are about in China, and it’s no accident.  Once the top-down command and control system is in place, it can be used to implement all matter of “social goods” as defined by the managerial class.

Dr Peterson:

• Like 1

All I have to say is ,the Duffy scandal,  which was front page for a long time. Oh, and the $16 orange juice. Huge scandals. 

The media's failure is largely due to structural problems and an inability to adapt to new markets and methods. They've been here forever making money with ads placed next to content .... yet google ate their lunch while they sat there and watched. 

They offer little but think i'll pay more than what i do for netflix to get a tiny fraction of the content netflix gives.

And they're trying to compensate for their lack of innovation and inability to get ahead of the problem by attracting people with more and more clickbait and confirmation bias.  And that's where the media isn't being co-opted as a vehicle for the employee's personal agendas. They believe this will 'attract' readers but they don't understand the dynamic of how and where people want to consume their content.

in an effort to make themselves more attractive they're becoming less and less relevant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

And your answer is always what CNN and CTV tell you it is. 

Do you think their track record is fairly respectable, with the benefit of hindsight?  

Yes it is fairly respectable but they make mistakes as does everyone. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Buddy, Duffygate happened in 2012, and the CBC showed Trudeau and Mulcair yelling about it on tv for 3 years. They referred to the 2015 election as a referendum on Duffygate. $90k Duffygate...

Then the WE scandal came in at $900M - literally ten thousand times as much money, with ten times the level of corruption - and CBC didn't talk about it the very next year, when the 2021 election was held. 

Trudeau's family made 3 times as much as the Duffygate total ($300K+), and another $150K in expenses. For what? Did Maggot have her own private jet to fly around in or something? 

1) The Trudeaus lied about even making any money at all from WE, but we know they got $450K incl expenses

2) Trudeau prorogued parliament to shut down the investigation

3) The liberals then blocked that investigation for months

4) Then the CBC didn't even talk about the WE scandal in the last 9 months leading up to the 2021 election. 

CBC was just as Trudeau-friendly with the SNC scandal.

The CBC knows that SNC had a court-documented history of bribing Canadian politicians because they wrote news articles about it, but when the SNC scandal came out they just talked about SNC's Libyan crimes. 

In the end Trudeau created a law specifically to help a criminal entity circumvent due punishments, he tried to force the AG to use his SNC/DPA law, and when she refused he fired her. Then he lied about firing her. 

The SNC scandal happened during the 2019 election year, but there was no talk of it on CBC within the final months leading up to the election. It wasn't a topic during the debates. Then when the election was over, the first thing the CBC did was say that Sheer should step down as leader of the PC's "because he couldn't defeat Trudeau, despite his scandals". Huh? I never would have guessed that the CBC considered Trudeau to have been involved in any scandals at that point. It's like finding out that eyaball is against forcing young people to take the covid jab. 

CBC lied profusely about the Freedom Convoy, and when Trudeau went on TV and said "the unvaxed are very often racists and misogynists" and then went on to ask "Should we tolerate these people?", the CBC just let that one slide. I didn't even know about it until several months later. 

CBC isn't just a little biased, CBC is every bit as bad as NoKo news, Xinhua, or any other state-run media. They're a step above MSNBC, that's about it. 

CBC "News" is hot garbage in a flaming dumpster. No one with an IQ over 80 takes them seriously. 

The next step of this would be for me to find a link where they actually did talk about the story or didn't.  So you're saying that WE was in the news and CBC didn't mention it? Or SNC Lavalin during that election?

That would be pretty good evidence of them being grossly unfair. Is that your claim?

And if I found evidence otherwise, you would retract this claim and say you were wrong?

Edited by Michael Hardner

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

1. Trudeau gave the CBC an extra $150M a year for 5 years not long after he was elected the first time. 

2. Not at all. When the MSM in this country is as one-sided as CBC is, the opposition is just a sideshow. 

3. It took several massive scandals and vax-fascism to give the PCs a chance to win, but if you listen to the CBC, there were no scandals and there was no vax-fascism. 

4. I'm still not doubting that CBC and CTV can pull Trudeau's fat outta the fire. They will shout down the PCs every chance they get, and if Poilievre has so much as an unpaid parking ticket, it will be a problem for him. 

5. He's wrong. The CBC needs to be axed completely. 

1. That one should be easy for you to cite.  Just post budgets from 2016-2021.

2. You're letting your personal feelings get in the way of analysis.  I can accept the assertion of bias but not exaggerated claims.

3. You didn't mention the economy.  You don't think that that is a factor?

4. And you actually think that CBC (and CTV) have that kind of influence?  No, you're wrong there.

5. It won't happen in Quebec and the North.  Radio is still viable and hugely popular in Toronto, other parts of Canada.

I don't want either one of us to waste time on this.  I asked you for a few cites, let's see where that goes.

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You really don’t know how deeply embedded these hiring and training practices, and yes, green policies are embedded at the corporate levels, huh?  Do you know that companies refer to these UN goals in their strategic planning?  It’s in school boards’ multi-year strategic plans as well.  Equity, DEI, and climate action are literally the core principles of most organizations.  They’re part of the landscape now.  They’ve been adopted and promoted at the government level by governments that are very fixated on global central planning at the UN and Davos.  It’s simply how business and government are done, backstopped by data collection and analytics, surveillance, and enforcement penalties and rewards. This is really what the social credit systems are about in China, and it’s no accident.  Once the top-down command and control system is in place, it can be used to implement all matter of “social goods” as defined by the managerial class.

That’s what needs to be questioned from both the left and right, if freedom of expression and local democracy (subsidiarity) matter to you, and if you care about democracy, they should.

There are also huge economic consequences for these policies. The wokest democracy, Canada, is slated to have the worst economic growth in the G7 for many years to come.  These government programs and regulations come at great cost, and the costs impact the elites the least.  Is that perspective “alt right”?

As I pointed out, the environmental programs are happening across the West more than in China even and certainly not places like Russia and North Korea. 

You're confusing ideas and practices that are discussed in the public sphere, with fascist ideas that are pushed down on people who do not have electoral or human rights. 

I don't think I can convince you anyway.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

As I pointed out, the environmental programs are happening across the West more than in China even and certainly not places like Russia and North Korea. 

You're confusing ideas and practices that are discussed in the public sphere, with fascist ideas that are pushed down on people who do not have electoral or human rights. 

I don't think I can convince you anyway.

No you can’t convince me, because both the woke nonsense and the climate agenda are being pushed.

The problem with both of these agendas is that they’re parodies of real problems that we do have to address.

We moved away from equal rights to favouring select groups, which can only sow resentment, because it’s unfair.

It’s the Orwellian falsehood that “all pigs are equal but some are more equal than others”.

On the green front, we moved from addressing important environmental concerns like clean air and water to an obsession with the hard to quantify, arguable climate change crusade, and we’re imposing additional costs on basic necessities like food and transportation that are driving up the cost of living in general, in an already inflationary environment.

It means that Canada has ceded energy and resource exports to the US, China, and other countries on LNG and minerals.  It means that our living standards and birth rate are collapsing, because Canadians can’t afford kids and the homes to house them.

It also means that all traditional Canadian cultures are finished, as the only way to sustain Canada is through mass immigration, which at such a high rate can only be socially destabilizing, put pressure on our settlement supports, and lead to situations where your generation doesn’t even understand what the young people are protesting about or need.

The anti-traditional family LGBTQ2S+ movement is another heavily funded top-down lobby that has become the de facto state religion.  Walk into almost any school, including Catholic schools, to see the indoctrination underway.  Like the highly political land acknowledgments and DEI training and hiring/admissions, these programs were simply handed down from management without question or consent.

The trajectory for Canada in this overwhelmingly over-governed context where the bureaucracy has grown by almost 50% and the debt has increased by 75% in just eight years isn’t good.

The moral hazards of overspending, rejecting Canadian culture as “settler colonial”, and favouring international resettlement programs, fascistic climate policies, and anti-traditional family values is one big social assisted suicide for Canada.  Oh and our MAID and hard drug use policies are additional signs of moral decline and failed healthcare.

Can a Conservative government really turn this around, if they can overcome the media-fed fear-mongering and get elected?

It seems like the country has gone off the rails in significant, structural ways that will demand a concerted, war-like effort, yet as we saw during the pandemic, crises can become excuses for excessive restrictions and violations of basic rights.

Essentially, people have to wake up to the impact of these agendas and reverse policies that are making life worse for most people.

Edited by Zeitgeist

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. No you can’t convince me,

2. ...because both the woke nonsense and the climate agenda are being pushed.

3. Essentially, people have to wake up to the impact of these agendas and reverse policies that are making life worse for most people.

1. What? Why are you on a web forum if you can never be convinced of anything in this regard? This is a forum for discussion, not pushing an agenda. 

2. Pushed?  But there's a public forum in each democratic country where there's lots of pushback.  So essentially you're against the ideas.  But you also say that you're not going to accept them, you'll never be convinced.  Hard to square all of that with your assessment of fascism.

3. Embedded in this is the possibility that a public can be convinced.  Which wouldn't happen if we were in a fascist authoritarian state.

Your claims don't align, sorry.  You admit that you're closed minded on these topics, then accuse open democracies of shutting down opposition.

Please just address that meta point this time if you reply.  I don't want you to waste your time with another long post restating your opinions.  

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. What? Why are you on a web forum if you can never be convinced of anything in this regard? This is a forum for discussion, not pushing an agenda. 

2. Pushed?  But there's a public forum in each democratic country where there's lots of pushback.  So essentially you're against the ideas.  But you also say that you're not going to accept them, you'll never be convinced.  Hard to square all of that with your assessment of fascism.

3. Embedded in this is the possibility that a public can be convinced.  Which wouldn't happen if we were in a fascist authoritarian state.

Your claims don't align, sorry.  You admit that you're closed minded on these topics, then accuse open democracies of shutting down opposition.

Please just address that meta point this time if you reply.  I don't want you to waste your time with another long post restating your opinions.  

I’m not convinced that economically punishing people is a good way to tackle a problem for which the causes and solutions are so nebulous when most people are just trying to pay this week’s bills and decide whether they can afford to have kids.

I’m happy to debate ideas, and I’ve read about climate change and green tech in great depth.  I have an expensive solar power system that is largely a while elephant.

You over-emphasize the accountability of our politicians and the international bodies that they follow. You under-emphasize the impacts of these agendas and ideologies on public policy in Canada and the extent to which they have been imposed on the public without consent.

Edited by Zeitgeist

35 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. I’m not convinced that economically punishing people is a good way to tackle a problem for which the causes and solutions are so nebulous when most people are just trying to pay this week’s bills and decide whether they can afford to have kids.

2. I’m happy to debate ideas, and I’ve read about climate change and green tech in great depth.  I have an expensive solar power system that is largely a while elephant.

3. You over-emphasize the accountability of our politicians and the international bodies that they follow. You under-emphasize the impacts of these agendas and ideologies on public policy in Canada and the extent to which they have been imposed on the public without consent.

1. Ok, but that's not a necessary component of Green Policy.  Some on here have pointed out it's actually a flaw in the Trudeau program exclusively.

2. Ok

3. Still, all of this presupposes democratic debate.

11 hours ago, Aristides said:

Yes it is fairly respectable but they make mistakes as does everyone. 

So Russian collusion bombshells landed every second weekend for 2 years, and Trump's whole team is in jail for collusion?

Jussie was lynched? Sandman was a racist who flexed on an elderly native fellow? There was a 50-person car crash in Waukesha? M Brown was a gentle giant? G Floyd was a gentle giant? BLM protests were mostly peaceful, with just a few billion dollars in damages and a couple thousand injured cops, some dead folks, overrun police stations and part of Seattle taken over? There were 'seditious mobs' at the capitol, where some unarmed troglodytes almost managed to "overthrow" the gov't? There was a 'pandemic of the unvaccinated'? Trump referred to immigrants as 'animals'? It's not that big of a deal when members of the FBI commit crimes? Trudeau's hate-mongering against the unvaxed wasn't worth reporting on? The Freedom Convoy was really an unruly, destructive mob, flying Nazi and confederate flags everywhere? Kids needed a covid jab? No one was forced to take the jab? 

LMAO Aristedes. Maybe you were dumb enough to believe this stuff when it was being reported - I certainly wasn't - but with the benefit of hindsight, you need to be man enough to admit that they were all wrong about all of that. 

CNN and CTV are a joke, right from top to bottom. Regurgitating their id10tic narratives is inexcusable at this point. 

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The next step of this would be for me to find a link where they actually did talk about the story or didn't.  So you're saying that WE was in the news and CBC didn't mention it? Or SNC Lavalin during that election?

No, I'm saying that the CBC stopped talking about WE and SNC long before the elections. 

That would be pretty good evidence of them being grossly unfair. Is that your claim?

And if I found evidence otherwise, you would retract this claim and say you were wrong?

Fill your boots.

12 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So Russian collusion bombshells landed every second weekend for 2 years, and Trump's whole team is in jail for collusion?

Jussie was lynched? Sandman was a racist who flexed on an elderly native fellow? There was a 50-person car crash in Waukesha? M Brown was a gentle giant? G Floyd was a gentle giant? BLM protests were mostly peaceful, with just a few billion dollars in damages and a couple thousand injured cops, some dead folks, overrun police stations and part of Seattle taken over? There were 'seditious mobs' at the capitol, where some unarmed troglodytes almost managed to "overthrow" the gov't? There was a 'pandemic of the unvaccinated'? Trump referred to immigrants as 'animals'? It's not that big of a deal when members of the FBI commit crimes? Trudeau's hate-mongering against the unvaxed wasn't worth reporting on? The Freedom Convoy was really an unruly, destructive mob, flying Nazi and confederate flags everywhere? Kids needed a covid jab? No one was forced to take the jab? 

LMAO Aristedes. Maybe you were dumb enough to believe this stuff when it was being reported - I certainly wasn't - but with the benefit of hindsight, you need to be man enough to admit that they were all wrong about all of that. 

CNN and CTV are a joke, right from top to bottom. Regurgitating their id10tic narratives is inexcusable at this point. 

That's the thing about the 'mistakes' narrative that many on the left hide behind.  "Sure they grossly misreported something but hey - everyone makes mistakes!"

If that were true, the mistakes would be pretty evenly distributed between the right and the left.  They are not. When a mistake is made - it favors the left 90 percent of the time

Then there's the outright lies. CNN and NBC were busted for deliberately altering tape of the christian school fiasco to make it look like something happened that did not.  NBC was also nailed for editing the travon martin 911 call again to make it look like something happened that did not.  CBC lied about Smith all through the alberta election and then claimed it was a mistake after.  Etc etc etc.

It's not a mistake.  And  trying to blow it off as just 'mistakes' is beyond egregious. It is willfully participating in fraud.  And people wonder why the CPC has such support for scrapping the CBC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No, I'm saying that the CBC stopped talking about WE and SNC long before the elections. 

Fill your boots.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-wilson-raybould-attorney-general-snc-lavalin-1.5014271

Here's an article on their website that was last updated less than a month before the election. I'll await your response.