Poilievre plans to move non-confidence motion in Trudeau, despite Liberal-NDP deal

17 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, what I expect is that those who believe the Liberals are harming the nation need to get thee to the campaign office

Then why did you say:

6 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

You just need a little patience. The Canada 338 polling analysis puts Mr. Poilievre at about 210 seats. That is Diefenbaker / Mulroney territory. In 18 months, he will be appointed Prime Minister and his first act will be to eliminate the price on carbon.

If anything you're telling people to sit idle.

Tell you what.  we've seen what you and yours have done to the country when your kind was in charge. It's a disaster and stole the future of at least one generation.

So maybe we won't be taking advice from you as to how to handle our affairs.

Don't worry - we'll be kicking you out in about 18 months or less.  But we'll also think long term.  An entire generation is going to hate the libs and the dips for what's been done to them.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

No he hasn't. I'm betting whatever you posted many moons ago was garbage, probably an opinion from Conrad Black or something.

What evidence is there that PP believes human caused climate change requires action any more than you do?  If he doesn't believe it why bullshit Canada by pretending he does?  Isn't that what you've always hate most about our politicians and governments, they always bullshit everyone? 

Don't know what to tell you...i posted it here he talked about nuclear energy, natural gas, pipe lines, getting our energy to market, under ground storage, and using tech to lower emissions..  just some of the high lites.

He does not have to believe in it, the fact that you believe in it is why he has a climate plan....You think justin believes in climate change, it is probably why his plan is so effective... speaking of effective, Canadians don't give a rats ass about climate change, when it comes to paying for it....why do they pretend, why not just say it it...

Look if you want to make your vote count for anything then you have 2 choices, Liberals, who have more than proven they could not govern a simple picnic, or conservative a unknown for now...or throw it away vote green or NDP.... 

6 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Look if you want to make your vote count for anything then you have 2 choices, Liberals, who have more than proven they could not govern a simple picnic, or conservative a unknown for now.

it's that simple.  And it's not just justin - the libs have been promising to fix climate change since the 90's and did nothing.  Signed kyoto - missed it, will be missing paris.

Basically the libs have proven that they won't do a single thing

Emissions went down under harper. PP says he'll address it.  we KNOW the liberals are lying so any sane person would look to the other party to see if they're better.

31 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You think justin believes in climate change, it is probably why his plan is so effective...

I think it's useless because he's Bay Street's boy. He's subsidizing fossil fuel companies and encouraging more consumption of their product. Between that and caving on his carbon tax I think he's singlehandedly done more to set climate action back on its ass than any leader on Earth. You guys should be cheering him. You can be quite sure our oil patch is laughing its ass off.

He's a freaking disaster.

33 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Look if you want to make your vote count for anything then you have 2 choices, Liberals, who have more than proven they could not govern a simple picnic, or conservative a unknown for now...or throw it away vote green or NDP.... 

I'll throw it away before giving it to either of Canada's right wing parties. I'm quite certain PP will win but I'll be voting with the hope of seeing him in a minority position. It's unlikely but it is what it is.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Then why did you say:

If anything you're telling people to sit idle.

Tell you what.  we've seen what you and yours have done to the country when your kind was in charge. It's a disaster and stole the future of at least one generation.

So maybe we won't be taking advice from you as to how to handle our affairs.

Don't worry - we'll be kicking you out in about 18 months or less.  But we'll also think long term.  An entire generation is going to hate the libs and the dips for what's been done to them.

No, I am telling people to start campaigning. No matter how much people whine about the Grits, the election is still 18 months away. There is no point complaining. I'm not telling you anything you personally don't already know. You have said you get out and campaign. I am surprised you have the time to spare to come onto this forum.  I live in a CPC safe seat and my MP is pretty good. He at least returns my calls. Has your CPC candidate been nominated? Have you volunteered yet? Now is the time. 

My kind have not been in charge since Brian Mulroney was Prime Minister. I am a proud Progressive Conservative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Has your CPC candidate been nominated? Have you volunteered yet? Now is the time. 

CdnFox's CPC candidacy staff will be peeking out from behind drawn blinds pretending they're not there in hopes he'll go away.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'll throw it away before giving it to either of Canada's right wing parties. I'm quite certain PP will win but I'll be voting with the hope of seeing him in a minority position. It's unlikely but it is what it is.

Probably not this election.  Not likely the one after either.  POSSIBLY the one after that - but i wouldn't count on it.

What you and your kind have done to canada is probably going to stick in the minds of people for quite a while.

But sure - throw your vote away. That way nobody will have to pretend to listen to you to win your vote moving forward - you can just be ignored.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

No, I am telling people to start campaigning.

But you didn't - i asked why you didn't if that's how you feel.

Typical leftist- refuse to answer even a simple question.

No matter how much people whine about the Grits, the election is still 18 months away. There is no point complaining.

So you're saying that left wing parties don't believe in democracy or representing ALL the people when they're in power.  That they have every right to ignore canadians in between elections. They're elected and until the next election canadians should just shut up and do what they're told because the gov't doesn't listen to them.

Pretty sad. Gee - hope you feel the same way when PP gets in with a strong majority - that the left should keep silent until the next election (might be a few actually).

I don't think you understand how democracy or gov't works.

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

I've run into this position with a few folks I'm acquainted with and even have a close relative with the same view.

Personally, I see it as defining the line between opinion and narrative with opinion being subject to modification based on experience and narrative closer in texture to that of religion. For me it begs such questions as how much is enough and at what point do you start braking?

In aviation there are crosswind component charts vs braking effectiveness (JBI) that help assess landing distance vs runway length. Even so, some are reluctant to overshoot or go to an alternate. Even when they find themselves fast and high on the glide path they accept a long landing / rollout instead of going around and trying again at Vref.

We used to call that "strength of an idea" but it's the kissing cousin of narrative IMO.

In any case, the results are usually just as predictable as those "what did you think was going to happen?" questions you'll be answering when the investigation team pitches up. 

Personally, I think we've done significant damage that will take a long time to repair and I see liberals in a similar vein as airline MBAs. There first reaction to the predictable accident (above) is to paint over company livery on the fuselage and tail.

For me it's the rapidity with which disaster strikes that's concerning. Some would observe that we've been on course for many years but really, most major societal changes have a habit of occurring very quickly, the common refrain being "wow, how did we get here?" In my analogy above , the process of "getting there is a function of "normalization of deviation." A close relative of getting away with it over a long period of time. Throw in a bit of complacency and in the blink of an "eyeball"  you're mowing grass at the end of the runway.

IMO, the damage done in the US is even worse and will now take a generation to undo assuming they get off to a good start in November. 

So, can I assume from your position that you're actually happy with the status quo and/or the idea that Canada is fundamentally on the right track and anything that you take issue with only requires  a bit of tweaking?

The reason I ask is because I see the choices as stark, in a (largely) two party system, you either accept JT's trajectory or a conservative one. I find the idea of testing the orbital apex of JT's trajectory too horrifying to even contemplate. 

I've already refiled to that alternate... the amended clearance is coming in now. See ya in the crew lounge, I'll be the one drinking coffee with the flight attendants.

Edited by Venandi

I propose an exersise for fun. The scenario is:

I am an undecided voter in a riding where it is a close race between the CPC, the Liberals and the NDP.

Convince me to vote CPC. What will the CPC do?

The floor is yours, CdnFox. Knock my socks off.

Edited by Queenmandy85

28 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I am an undecided voter in a riding where it is a close race between the CPC, the Liberals and the NDP.

I suggest that you support the communist party

• Haha 1

Better yet, will you continue to try and hide the fact that you've been a Liberal supporter in your every post?

Edited by Nefarious Banana
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What will the CPC do?

I'll settle for what they won't do. 

I was just trying to think of something the liberals have gotten right, some relatively simple common sense sort of thing, anything really.

The sort of legislation I would applaud as a good effort (even if it didn't work) instead of incessantly stifling the urge to scream "what did you think was going to happen." 

From marijuana to covid mandates, safe supply to a manifestly bogus gun seizure effort that's spent $42 million without collecting a single unit, I find myself with.... nothing. 

The only way I see myself voting liberal in the future is if they promise to do nothing and NOT "have my back" ever again.

Even then it will be a long time coming, the existing knife wounds need time to heal.

Edited by Venandi
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Go look at virtually everything PP has done since becoming leader.

That's what the CPC will do.

And it worked.  PP's personal approval rating is very high and climbing. His polling has him in position to win the largest majority in living memory.  He's leading in every democraphic  -  every province except quebec (where he's competitive),  both men and women,  every age group....  it doesn't get much better than what he's already achieved.

So i'm 100 percent fine with their methods to date.

To be honest - trying to appeal to more than that means having to water down your policy and i'd rather not.  If you can look around at what the libs and ndp have done and still want to vote for them - i'd rather you not have anything to do with the CPC anyway, i don't want them beholden to the likes of someone like that once they're in power.  If the left has taught us anything it's that its ok to ignore canadians you don't agree with. That's what's kept justin in power this long.

In the end when the election happens he'll have to release a detailed platform - that's about the only thing he hasn't done and won't do before election time.  But other than that - what he's doing is working amazingly. 

Edited by CdnFox

17 hours ago, Gaétan said:

Poilievre would like to send more weapons to Israel to accelerate the genocide of palestinians as Trudeau, they are both unfit to govern the country.

Israel does not need our weapons, to crush a bunch of terrorist...atleast not Canada's any way...Canada buys more weapons from Israel than we do from them...how are you heros doing anyways are they winning...I heard a rumor they are running out of virgins...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Israel does not need our weapons, to crush a bunch of terrorist...atleast not Canada's any way...Canada buys more weapons from Israel than we do from them...how are you heros doing anyways are they winning...I heard a rumor they are running out of virgins...

The propaganda that the general Weapons put in your head is garbage

Edited by Gaétan

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Go look at virtually everything PP has done since becoming leader.

That's what the CPC will do.

And it worked.  PP's personal approval rating is very high and climbing. His polling has him in position to win the largest majority in living memory.  He's leading in every democraphic  -  every province except quebec (where he's competitive),  both men and women,  every age group....  it doesn't get much better than what he's already achieved.

So i'm 100 percent fine with their methods to date.

To be honest - trying to appeal to more than that means having to water down your policy and i'd rather not.  If you can look around at what the libs and ndp have done and still want to vote for them - i'd rather you not have anything to do with the CPC anyway, i don't want them beholden to the likes of someone like that once they're in power.  If the left has taught us anything it's that its ok to ignore canadians you don't agree with. That's what's kept justin in power this long.

In the end when the election happens he'll have to release a detailed platform - that's about the only thing he hasn't done and won't do before election time.  But other than that - what he's doing is working amazingly. 

My socks are still on.😉

Is that what you are going to say to someone who answers the door when you are out canvassing? Let's try again. Let's say I am a voter who is not familiar with Mr. Poilievre. We are in a riding which could go either way between the three candidates and your internal polling indicates the result is going to come down to just a few votes. I am sure you would not be willing to write off my family because there are four uncommitted voters in this house. We want to know how your party is going to solve the major issues. We are not concerned with the popularity of your leader or the failings of other leaders. We want to know what Mr. Poilievre's policies are.

Have at me. 😁

Posted (edited)

My socks are still on.😉

And? 

I don't think anyone had a particularly high opinion of your intellect to begin with. It's not like anyone particularly cares if you're not bright enough to see trudeau is a disaster and PP is competent. A certain percent of the population is going to dislike PP no matter what - after all 50 percent of people are of below average intelligence :) 

You're supposed to be self-wowing.  You're supposed to have the brains to analyse yourself and reach an intelligent conclusion. But you're waiting to be 'wowed' like a child.

And basically with 41 percent of the vote tied up we don't really need you.

As to what will be said to people at the door Based on polling it will be something along the lines of "You're already likely voting for PP, we just wanted to make sure you got out to vote" 

You think our entire life is about pandering to you for some reason.  It isn't.

Given how amazingly badly you screwed up our country, maybe the question you should be asking is"what can we say that would give you reason to listen to us in the first place at this point?

Edited by CdnFox

6 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Let's say I am a voter who is not familiar with Mr. Poilievre.

I think that's part of how we got to where we are.

Until now, I don't think Canadians have been paying enough attention and those who were tended to seek out news sources that align with their own (preconceived) judgements about the issue at hand. In the information age with no shortage of politically polarized media, that's pretty easy to do. As a result, we seem to have lost the "wait a minute, that doesn't make any damn sense at all" component of our collective awareness. 

Now that Canadians have been punched in the face a few times, that seems to be changing.

Current events and having a defendable opinion about topical issues of the day is (or used to be) part of officer recruitment interviews for the CAF. A defendable position isn't simply one that aligns with the interviewer's, it means you understand the background events, can state a rational opinion, and then defend it in the face of a few basic questions. It's not trivia based either, there are no tricks here. 

It speaks to maturity and I've seen a surprising number of otherwise excellent candidates fall by the wayside due to the lack of it. 

Edited by Venandi

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

We want to know what Mr. Poilievre's policies are.

Have at me. 😁

Poilievre is cruel because he never asked for a cease fire in Gaza, when you see his face he doesn't look cruel but Satan also.

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And? 

I don't think anyone had a particularly high opinion of your intellect to begin with. It's not like anyone particularly cares if you're not bright enough to see trudeau is a disaster and PP is competent. A certain percent of the population is going to dislike PP no matter what - after all 50 percent of people are of below average intelligence :) 

You're supposed to be self-wowing.  You're supposed to have the brains to analyse yourself and reach an intelligent conclusion. But you're waiting to be 'wowed' like a child.

And basically with 41 percent of the vote tied up we don't really need you.

As to what will be said to people at the door Based on polling it will be something along the lines of "You're already likely voting for PP, we just wanted to make sure you got out to vote" 

You think our entire life is about pandering to you for some reason.  It isn't.

Given how amazingly badly you screwed up our country, maybe the question you should be asking is"what can we say that would give you reason to listen to us in the first place at this point?

Back in the mid 1970's I was on the riding executive in Victoria and we had a meeting with Vic Stevens, the Progressive Conservative candidate in a by-election up Island. I had just driven through the riding and all the lawn signs were for Stevens. The election was still several weeks away. One of the members of the executive asked Vic how it was going. 

"It's in the bag." Remember that phrase because it is a warning of disaster. A few days before the election, NDP and Socred signs were vastly out numbering Stevens signs.

Now I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but if there is one thing I have learned in the last 50 years is  every vote counts.

How do you think your local CPC candidate is going to feel if you are prepared to write her off because Mr. Polievre is going to win anyway. Keep in mind, she has already sunk $25 -$30 grand in personal expenses and lost income to get the nomination and then fight the campaign. Telling anyone on the voters list that you don't need the four votes in their household is telling your candidate her effort and investment doesn't matter.

Mr. Polievre's challenge is to overcome the tendency supporters are going to have to think it's in the bag and not bother to vote. His support may be 1.6 Km wide, but it is only a cm deep. There are a lot of Red Tories out there who may be tired of the grits, and are part of the 42% right now, but, speaking for my self, the support for the CPC is pretty tepid. It is a mistake to take Red Tories for granted. No conservative leader has become Prime Minister without Red Tory support.

I predict that Pierre Poilievre will be appointed Prime Minister in the next election, but he doesn't need supporters who insult Progressive Conservatives to make his task harder.

You have said you have worked on campaigns but it doesn't sound like you have experience knocking on doors. For that, I am sure Mr. Poilievre is very grateful. Every vote is precious. 

Back in the mid 1970's I was on the riding executive in Victoria and we had a meeting with Vic Stevens, the Progressive Conservative candidate in a by-election up Island. I had just driven through the riding and all the lawn signs were for Stevens. The election was still several weeks away. One of the members of the executive asked Vic how it was going. 

"It's in the bag." Remember that phrase because it is a warning of disaster. A few days before the election, NDP and Socred signs were vastly out numbering Stevens signs.

Now I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier but if there is one thing I have learned in the last 50 years is  every vote counts.

How do you think your local CPC candidate is going to feel if you are prepared to write her off because Mr. Polievre is going to win anyway. Keep in mind, she has already sunk $25 -$30 grand in personal expenses and lost income to get the nomination and then fight the campaign. Telling anyone on the voters list that you don't need the four votes in their household is telling your candidate her effort and investment doesn't matter.

Mr. Polievre's challenge is to overcome the tendency supporters are going to have to think it's in the bag and not bother to vote. His support may be 1.6 Km wide, but it is only a cm deep. There are a lot of Red Tories out there who may be tired of the grits, and are part of the 42% right now, but, speaking for my self, the support for the CPC is pretty tepid. It is a mistake to take Red Tories for granted. No conservative leader has become Prime Minister without Red Tory support.

I predict that Pierre Poilievre will be appointed Prime Minister in the next election, but he doesn't need supporters who insult Progressive Conservatives to make his task harder.

You have said you have worked on campaigns but it doesn't sound like you have experience knocking on doors. For that, I am sure Mr. Poilievre is very grateful. Every vote is precious. 

Sounds like a complete load of bullshit to me.  You're a conservative (progressive or  otherwise) in the same way trudeau is black.

Like i said, there will be much work getting out the vote when the election comes. You can't sit back and assume your vote will get out - ESPECIALLY if people think it's "in the bag" because nobody bothers to vote thinking they already won.

AND they will do much to bring in voters between now and then  -  like i said, we'll do what pp's been doing, it works.

But nobody cares about YOU specifically. Or people like you.  If  you're too dumb to do your own homework and realize you destroyed a once great country with your bullshit already then i have no interest in having the conservative party pursue your vote.

Like most liberals you think that it's the conservatives job to try to pander to you and your ilk and 'water down' conservatism.

Nope.  People are turning to the conservatives after having watched you destroy the country and they realize that if you vote woke you go broke.

Tell you what  - we'll see who's right next election. I bet pp wins with a very strong majority WITHOUT listening to you. If you want to salvage the country for the younger generation you'll be voting for him as well, and if you're too stupid to figure that out we don't want you.  THanks.

49 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Like most liberals you think that it's the conservatives job to try to pander to you and your ilk and 'water down' conservatism.

Nope.  People are turning to the conservatives after having watched you destroy the country and they realize that if you vote woke you go broke.

Tell you what  - we'll see who's right next election. I bet pp wins with a very strong majority WITHOUT listening to you. If you want to salvage the country for the younger generation you'll be voting for him as well, and if you're too stupid to figure that out we don't want you.  THanks.

The exersise I set was for you to explain why an undecided voter should consider voting for the CPC. The voter (not me) has a household with four voters. They are asking what the CPC's policies are in order to decide if they should vote CPC, or Grit. The campaign manager has told you these votes are crucial to the local CPC candidate's election chances.

What are you going to tell them about the CPC platform?