B.C. gangs getting more access to firearms — including deadly automatics, expert says (even making their own)

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/b-c-gangs-getting-more-access-to-firearms-including-deadly-automatics-expert-says

A recently released report on organized crime by the Criminal Intelligence Service Canada said “violence and firearm-related crime is generally on the rise in Canada, with organized crime groups contributing to this increase through their ongoing propensity for violence.”

“The illicit firearms market in Canada is primarily supplied through four key methods: theft, straw purchasing, smuggling, and illicit manufacturing,” the report said.

“Handguns remain the most common type of firearm used in firearm-related violent crime in Canada, particularly in major urban areas.”

BUT BUT BUT - trudeau BANNED handguns! And it's illegal to make unregistered firearms!!!!

So glad we wasted all that time and energy on lawful gun owners firearms.  Now more people than ever are being killed by this violence.   

Go woke get smoked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/b-c-gangs-getting-more-access-to-firearms-including-deadly-automatics-expert-says

A recently released report on organized crime by the Criminal Intelligence Service Canada said “violence and firearm-related crime is generally on the rise in Canada, with organized crime groups contributing to this increase through their ongoing propensity for violence.”

“The illicit firearms market in Canada is primarily supplied through four key methods: theft, straw purchasing, smuggling, and illicit manufacturing,” the report said.

“Handguns remain the most common type of firearm used in firearm-related violent crime in Canada, particularly in major urban areas.”

BUT BUT BUT - trudeau BANNED handguns! And it's illegal to make unregistered firearms!!!!

So glad we wasted all that time and energy on lawful gun owners firearms.  Now more people than ever are being killed by this violence.   

Go woke get smoked.

Canadians really don't care it is outside their bubble as most Canadians don't have firearms, and will not get off their couches to support the rights of other Canadians...it is really that simple, the Gun lobby has been demonized by the liberal  government and the average Canadian is not smart enough to know any better...Guns are bad only bad people own guns...

Liberal gun laws protect Canadians it's got to be true Justin said on the internet... 

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Canadians really don't care it is outside their bubble as most Canadians don't have firearms, and will not get off their couches to support the rights of other Canadians...it is really that simple, the Gun lobby has been demonized by the liberal  government and the average Canadian is not smart enough to know any better...Guns are bad only bad people own guns...

Liberal gun laws protect Canadians it's got to be true Justin said on the internet... 

Yeah  but they don't like getting shot i would presume.  And that's what's happening to them now thanks to trudeau's focus on gun owners and not criminals.  Hopefully that will sink in to a FEW of them.  You can't fight the red scorpions by going after ducks unlimited.

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah  but they don't like getting shot i would presume.  And that's what's happening to them now thanks to trudeau's focus on gun owners and not criminals.  Hopefully that will sink in to a FEW of them.  You can't fight the red scorpions by going after ducks unlimited.

Canadians don't mind when OTHER people get shot.  If that wasn't the case, we would not tolerate criminality becoming one of the safest and most well rewarded careers for an ambitious person.  Instead of disarming the criminals we disarm their victims.

BTW: I have as yet to see ANY political party do diddly squat about addressing any real problems when in power.

2 hours ago, cannuck said:

Canadians don't mind when OTHER people get shot.  If that wasn't the case, we would not tolerate criminality becoming one of the safest and most well rewarded careers for an ambitious person.  Instead of disarming the criminals we disarm their victims.

LOL :)  

BTW: I have as yet to see ANY political party do diddly squat about addressing any real problems when in power.

Harper did quite a bit.  He changed the way judges were selected to help eliminate the lib habit of picking the farthest left and liberal supporting judges. Now all parties AND the police AND the justice system would have a hand in it so the very best people were picked (justin killed it the moment he got in).

Harper brought in consecutive sentencing,  he brought in a number of manditory minimums as well and while the courts struck them down eventually they could have been put back with notwithstanding provisions had he won again.

Harper improved the self defense and citizen arrest laws substantially. He also proposed that if a person who got their citizenship in canada by immigration committed a terrorist  other major act they could be stripped of it, but he lost before that came in.

What were you looking for exactly that would represent 'addressing real problems' with crime?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

LOL :)   Harper did quite a bit. 

What were you looking for exactly that would represent 'addressing real problems' with crime?

I agree Harper's government (you might have noticed there was more than one person in cabinet) made a bit of an attempt, but since they didn't tube the CBC and play politics with any great skill they didn't get re-elected - leaving us with a fate far worse than death itself (although it certainly does look like the death of the Canada I once loved).

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

I agree Harper's government (you might have noticed there was more than one person in cabinet) ada I once loved).

Well true enough, i was just simplifying :)  

made a bit of an attempt, but since they didn't tube the CBC and play politics with any great skill they didn't get re-elected

They got elected 3 times.  That's pretty good actually...

- leaving us with a fate far worse than death itself (although it certainly does look like the death of the Can

I think the blame for that is going to rest with the voters unfortunately.  And yes - it does feel like they chose death of Canada at this point i'll grant you.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Canadians need to grow a bit of a spine and bring back capital punishment.  

So  you want to give the people who gave us our airport disaster, can't run a passport office, ran the 'arrive can app',  and were in charge of protecting people's liberty and rights during the pandemic and who even now have a bill pushing life in prison for saying bad things about people the power of life and death over the citizens?

You're looking at the liberal track record and thinking "yeah, letting those guys have a say in whether i live or die is pretty safe'? That's your take away about the people who declared the emergency act over a bouncy castle?

How about NOT.  Yeash.

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

Canadians need to grow a bit of a spine and bring back capital punishment.  

Nothing to do with spine, it's a simple matter of trust.

Actually it's the complete absence of it. As it stands now, I don't trust these creatures to fill pot holes in front of my house.

Whilst typing the above I was trying to think of something that the Liberals have gotten right, some concrete action I could agree with, something that made sense to me, anything that might cause me to say "ya, good idea, that might work."

I'd even settle for a decision or action that showcased honour, integrity or courage, maybe even all three at the same time... something I might respect even if I didn't agree with it.

I got nothing... other than the very question posed by JT himself, "should we tolerate these people?"

2 years ago I gave my wife a high powered pellet revolver. She keeps it by her bed. The kids all scoffed and said they hated the idea.

2 days ago my daughter asked if we'd go get gun licenses with her and her fiance. We all agreed.

I'll be paying for all 6 of us to get licensed...of course. But I'll know they have the means to protect themselves. 

It's revealing that not too long ago, guns were for hunting and sport. Now they're for protection.

We have Pixie-Dust to thank for that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Or tougher laws and enforcement.

Yup, have to agree with that.  I have been privy to a number of investigations, and remember only too well when modern technology revealed that a fair number of convicted killers were NOT the killers made out to be.  Not just the Little Turd and his ilk, but human nature within LEO community.   Once a theory takes hold pretty much any evidence that doesn't support the generally accepted premise is conveniently ignored.  That kind of confirmation bias is simply not acceptable but IS very much how people go to jail.  Not suggesting the cops and crown are always wrong, but experience should have taught us they are wrong a fair bit of time and biased all to Hell on carrying out their mission.

Now, should a criminal meet an untimely end in commission of his or her crimes - at the hands of victims, bystanders or LEOs I think those responsible should be given a slap on the wrist, no more.  We need open season on criminals, not victims.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

2 years ago I gave my wife a high powered pellet revolver. 

2 days ago my daughter asked if we'd go get gun licenses with her and her fiance.

I'll be paying for all 6 of us to get licensed...

What licencing are you referring to?  RPAL?

Pellet speed above 500fps?

Please clarify.

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Rifle licences

frankly for about a million reasons i'll take a shorter shotgun over a pistol any day of the week for self defense. Even a little carbine shooting 9 mm or 40. 

50 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Frankly for about a million reasons, i'll take a shorter shotgun over a pistol any day of the week for self defense. Even a little carbine shooting 9 mm or 40. 

Have packed both in G-bear country while prospecting . . . a different kind of predator.  The old licencing for side arm defence was a minimum .41 calibre, mine was .44 Remington.  Shortie 12bore was a better choice, but awkward with a pack/gear.  

Many backwoods users 'pack' . . . worry about the paperwork later.  

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Have packed both in G-bear country while prospecting . . . a different kind of predator.  The old licencing for side arm defence was a minimum .41 calibre, mine was .44 Remington.  Shortie 12bore was a better choice, but awkward with a pack/gear.  

Many backwoods users 'pack' . . . worry about the paperwork later.  

Yeah.  I carried a mare's leg for a while with a single point sling and that worked pretty well - 44 mag and a bit longer barrel than a handgun so just a little more oomph but honestly i felt even a short single shot shotgun was probably even better. Just don't miss :P

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

frankly for about a million reasons i'll take a shorter shotgun over a pistol any day of the week for self defense. Even a little carbine shooting 9 mm or 40. 

100 % agree 12 gauge is the best home defense weapon available, it has limited range, won't penetrate most walls, and you don't have to be that accurate, point and shoot, makes lots of noise, which grabs everyone's attention.. drawbacks are reloading which takes some time when dealing with a pump action, ...there are shotguns out there with magazines if there was more than one intruder... or you wanted to make sure that one guy was not around to hold a grudge...

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

Organized criminals appear to have the same attitude.

It must be the guns.

Yes, but you won't find any organized criminals or back packers that do carry in any bear sh*t will you...

26 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Couldn't you just club him to death with the shotgun while he's still incapacitated?

clubbing after shooting is against the law, excessive force...just keep dumping rounds into them until they are no longer a threat...Here in Canada it does not matter what you do anyways, your going to be arrested, and put in cells until you get your day in court...which could be a while so get comfortable...and if it is deemed self defense then your free to go. Of course you're still responsible for your lawyers bills, your families bills etc etc...even if your NOT guilty...most people end up losing everything, home marriage, etc etc...and going in to a huge debt....That's our justice system...So before you pull the trigger, you need to make some decisions......unless you have lots of cash...

Edited by Army Guy