Trump's Holiness Rises as His Corruption is Revealed, in the Best Authoritarian Tradition

Trump's Holiness Rises as His Corruption is Revealed, in the Best Authoritarian Tradition

How could anyone believe former president Donald Trump's claim that he, of all people, was chosen by God to lead America? It's a logical question to ask of a man whose voluminous and multi-faceted criminal behavior is hard to keep up with. Many criminals specialize: think of white-collar criminals dedicated to insider trading or Ponzi schemes. Not Trump. His charges, indictments, convictions, and settlements for fraud, serial sexual assault and rape, election interference, retention of national defense information, falsifying business records, inciting insurrection and more span the personal, business, and political realms.

Add in Trump's total lack of empathy and his use-and-discard attitude toward humanity (his request that Iowans caucus even if ill, adding "even if you vote and pass away, it's worth it," is just the most recent example) and Trump might not seem the most obvious individual to be anointed in this fashion.

That's why political enablers with connections to faith communities have long been tasked with proclaiming his sanctity, especially when his corruption is in the news. The more Trump’s crimes come to light, and justice moves to hold him accountable, the more he must be elevated as a being who is in some fashion not bound by the laws of ordinary men.

“I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become President,” said former White House Press Secretary and noted Christian Sarah Huckabee Sanders in Jan. 2019, as special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election came to a close. In 2023, in reward for her good works, Sanders was in turn called to fill the role of Arkansas governor, with Trump's benediction.

For those familiar with authoritarian history, it is no wonder that the talking point of Trump's holiness has become prominent as more of his malfeasance and illegal behavior has been made public. Nor is it surprising that Trump would share a depiction of himself as Jesus-adjacent during his Oct. 2023 civil fraud trial. The image implies that Jesus is with him on his righteous path and that, even in court, Trump thinks holy thoughts. 

The MAGA CULT is SO GULLIBLE! 🤮

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

It's amazing how stupid leftists are. Eight years and you STILL can't shake trump. Let me ask you a question, this is a sincere question, do you believe that as a conservative I think Biden or any Democrat gives a shit about me? I know you think you know why trump is popular but if you actually did you wouldn't say the stupid shit you do, but youre a leftist so you're limited. Try answering my question away please. Look I'm even being polite to someone who has to wear a hockey helmet all the time. 

15 hours ago, robosmith said:

There's only one cult in this country, and it's the democrat party. 

God will expel you devil worshippers this November and America will once again begin to heal. ;)

Edited by Deluge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yakuda said:

It's amazing how stupid leftists are. Eight years and you STILL can't shake trump. Let me ask you a question, this is a sincere question, do you believe that as a conservative I think Biden or any Democrat gives a shit about me? I know you think you know why trump is popular but if you actually did you wouldn't say the stupid shit you do, but youre a leftist so you're limited. Try answering my question away please. Look I'm even being polite to someone who has to wear a hockey helmet all the time. 

Try answering the question in the OP first:

How could anyone believe former president Donald Trump's claim that he, of all people, was chosen by God to lead America? It's a logical question to ask of a man whose voluminous and multi-faceted criminal behavior is hard to keep up with. Many criminals specialize: think of white-collar criminals dedicated to insider trading or Ponzi schemes. Not Trump. His charges, indictments, convictions, and settlements for fraud, serial sexual assault and rape, election interference, retention of national defense information, falsifying business records, inciting insurrection and more span the personal, business, and political realms.

YOUR RESPONSE is OFF TOPIC. The topic is the ridiculousness of anyone believing that Trump is godly when it's much more likely he is the devil due to HIS ACTIONS.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Try answering the question in the OP first:

YOUR RESPONSE is OFF TOPIC. The topic is the ridiculousness of anyone believing that Trump is godly when it's much more likely he is the devil due to HIS ACTIONS.

The answer to the question has extensive theological roots. As an example some people believe that Peter couldnt possibly have been selected by Jesus to lead his church because Peter betrayed him but Jesus did.  Please don't whine that it doesnt answer the question. It does. You just don't t like it and I don't care.  

As to my response it's right on topic. There is a reason Trump is so popular but leftists are too stupid to search for why. They think they know so they question it. That's not only intellectually lazy it just makes leftist look stupid. 

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back. ~Carl Sagan

• Thanks 1

I love that the source is 'lucid'.  Any publication that has to clarify if they're mentally incompetent or not right in their name so people don't have to wonder is a little suspect if you ask me :) It's pretty easy to pick the article apart as others are doing 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle.

So, you mean like if one political party had been claiming there was russian collusion for 7 years and investigations showed otherwise, made tonnes of other claims that turned out to be false, and then tried to illegally keep him from the ballot? That kind of 'bamboozle'?

Yeah. I agree. That's the problem the dems are facing, they've been 'bamboozling for so long that now even if they bring up a legit complaint about trump people just blow it off. 

It's basically a case of the 'boy who cried trump'.   And that's going to make life tough for the dems this election.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:10 AM, Yakuda said:

how stupid leftists are.

You are wrong of course. The mentally blind: those who turned their eyes, and brains off deliberately and consciously won't see. No doctor will help with that condition - this is a historic and scientific fact, nothing to argue here.

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I love that the source is 'lucid'.  Any publication that has to clarify if they're mentally incompetent or not right in their name so people don't have to wonder is a little suspect if you ask me :) It's pretty easy to pick the article apart as others are doing 

Lucid?

Robosmith is obviously hallucinating.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, myata said:

You are wrong of course. The mentally blind: those who turned their eyes, and brains off deliberately and consciously won't see. No doctor will help with that condition - this is a historic and scientific fact, nothing to argue here.

See what I mean? 

6 hours ago, myata said:

Nice assumption. But we're coming in force. So find a table and hide under it. Because both Brandon and Pixie-Dust are through.

Let common sense reign...once again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yakuda said:

See what I mean? 

No let's try an experiment instead:

1. Is Russia's totalitarian dictator Vlad Putin "genius" and "savvy".

2. Is North Korea's totalitarian tyrant Jong Un "a very honorable person".

And now we will watch it, live.

2 minutes ago, myata said:

Some may see each of them in the ways you describe. Mongrels on the left think BLM is genius, savvy and honorable. Is it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, myata said:

1. I am not sure Putin is a dictator. I'm quite sure you don't know this but...it was the Russian government that decided to go to war with Ukraine...not Putin. Is he a genius? Meh...I doubt it. There are really so few bonified geniuses around. Is he savvy? Ya...he's been Russia's leader for many years now. I'd say that exhibits savvy. Wouldn't you?

2. I don't know if Kim is honourable and neither do you.

Now...go sober up and come back when you can make sense.

7 minutes ago, Yakuda said:

Some may see each of them in the ways you describe.

Some who? What are they called, those who think and talk of brutal dictator thugs as "geniuses" and "very honorable"? Why being shy, all of a sudden?

Edited by myata

44 minutes ago, myata said:

Some who? What are they called, those who think and talk of brutal dictator thugs as "geniuses" and "very honorable"? Why being shy, all of a sudden?

So you dont think there is one person anywhere who thinks they are geniuses and very honorable? There are fools right now that think men menstruate and can have babies. 

Why are you being a coward and addressing only one half of my previous post. Don't tell me you're a filthy liar like another mOr0n poster here who altered my words. 

Is BLM honorable? 

Edited by Yakuda

On 3/1/2024 at 10:31 AM, Yakuda said:

The answer to the question has extensive theological roots. As an example some people believe that Peter couldnt possibly have been selected by Jesus to lead his church because Peter betrayed him but Jesus did.  Please don't whine that it doesnt answer the question. It does. You just don't t like it and I don't care.  

As to my response it's right on topic. There is a reason Trump is so popular but leftists are too stupid to search for why. They think they know so they question it. That's not only intellectually lazy it just makes leftist look stupid. 

It's very clear WHY the MAGA CULT loves Trump. They believe HIS LIES about doing shit for them, being their persecuted  martyr, and respecting their victimhood. 

It's typical time tested authoritarian BULLSHIT. And you've fallen for it. Duh

14 hours ago, August1991 said:

Lucid?

Robosmith is obviously hallucinating.

Too bad ALL YOU HAVE is JUVENILE INSULTS. Are you "lucid" enough to see Trump's LIES?

There's a reason his MAGA CULT is primarily uneducated rubes, like yakker boy.

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

It's very clear WHY the MAGA CULT loves Trump. They believe HIS LIES about doing shit for them, being their persecuted  martyr, and respecting their victimhood. 

It's typical time tested authoritarian BULLSHIT. And you've fallen for it. Duh

I love how angry you get. The little wooden puppet that wants to be a real boy. Maybe one day. 

Just now, robosmith said:

Too bad ALL YOU HAVE is JUVENILE INSULTS. Are you "lucid" enough to see Trump's LIES?

Listening to your buffoonery is hilarious 

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Nice assumption. But we're coming in force. So find a table and hide under it. Because both Brandon and Pixie-Dust are through.

Let common sense reign...once again.

You're never "coming in force" HERE. Not sure why you keep lying about your influence.

1 minute ago, Yakuda said:

I love how angry you get. The little wooden puppet that wants to be a real boy. Maybe one day. 

Maybe one day you will come to your senses, but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Yakuda said:

Listening to your buffoonery is hilarious 

Thanks for demonstrating once again your juvenile desperation.

40 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You're never "coming in force" HERE. Not sure why you keep lying about your influence.

That's where you're wrong robo-bot. We're coming...in Canada, the USA, and in Europe. 

Trump will be on the ballot. Americans will have the right to choose. Today...Trump would win. I know it...you know it...Hell even the Democrats know it. Brandon's failure is almost complete now. The coup de grace could be a peace deal between Ukraine and Russia. 

Ho Ho Hooo...can you imagine watching the maps change and knowing all your bloviation about that war was all unconsequential hot air?

54 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Too bad ALL YOU HAVE is JUVENILE INSULTS.

Followed immediately by:

ROFLMAO  - comedy gold :)    It's hard to write stuff that good :)    "all you have is childish insults" followed by childish insults :)

11 hours ago, Yakuda said:

So you dont think there is one person anywhere who thinks they are geniuses and very honorable? There are fools right now that think men menstruate and can have babies. 

OK let's finish the experiment: and what is your opinion? Do you count yourselves in "some"? Are Putin and Un very honorable geniuses, or criminal tyrant thugs?

I've no problem answering your question. Only you first.

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

That's where you're wrong robo-bot. We're coming...in Canada, the USA, and in Europe. 

Trump will be on the ballot. Americans will have the right to choose. Today...Trump would win. I know it...you know it...Hell even the Democrats know it. Brandon's failure is almost complete now. The coup de grace could be a peace deal between Ukraine and Russia. 

Ho Ho Hooo...can you imagine watching the maps change and knowing all your bloviation about that war was all unconsequential hot air?

I can SEE that YOUR BLOVIATION reveals your insecurity that your prediction will FAIL AGAIN. 

The election is NOT today. Duh