Parental opposition to childhood vaccination grows as Canadians worry about harms of anti-vax movement

Some interesting statistics here.  This is a direct result of how badly Covid was handled. It made a LOT of people leery about vaccines and 'mandatory' treatments. That's what happens when you call anyone who asks questions about it wastes of space who shouldn't be tolerated. People start to wonder what you're hiding and they become resistant to listening to you.

It's also interesting that the people who think it should be manditory are also the ones without kids.

https://angusreid.org/canada-vaccines-childhood-vaccinations-anti-vax-mandates-covid-19-flu-mmr-side-effects/

"This comes as there appears to be growing skepticism about vaccine efficacy among Canadians in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic – especially among parents with children under 18.

One-in-six parents of minors (17%) say they are “really against” vaccinating their kids, a four-fold increase from 2019. There has also been a simultaneous 15-point decrease (70% in 2019, 55% in 2024) in the proportion of Canadians who support mandatory childhood vaccination in schools – a policy in place in Ontario and New Brunswick. Opposition to this idea has risen correspondingly from one-quarter (24%) to closer to two-in-five (38%).

Half of those with children younger than 18 say that it should be the parents’ decision whether to vaccinate (52%). That proportion drops to 32 per cent for those who do not have children under 18."

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's what happens when you call anyone who asks questions about it wastes of space who shouldn't be tolerated. People start to wonder what you're hiding and they become resistant to listening to you.

Yup. We should have identified them as clear and present threats to pubic health and shunned them for not getting with the program like everyone else.  Maybe then they'd get it.

Hopefully someday we'll figure out how to put vaccines into our water or in an aerosol and just dust everyone.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, herbie said:

No it made those already opposed yell so damn loud they've influenced too many otherwise sane people.
Thank you Facebook, Twitter, etc

Sorry kiddo.  The people doing the yelling were your type - and it's made people very concerned and now we're seeing the price.

44 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yup. We should have identified them as clear and present threats to pubic health and shunned them for not getting with the program like everyone else.  Maybe then they'd get it.

that's literally what they did do :)   And the results are visible here.  We really needed to handle that entirely differently.

Hopefully someday we'll figure out how to put vaccines into our water or in an aerosol and just dust everyone.

The trick is to sneak it into their supper :)  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

that's literally what they did do :)   And the results are visible here.  We really needed to handle that entirely differently.

Baloney. Anti-vaxxers were coddled, pandered to and cultivated by political entrepreneurs for political gain at every opportunity.  

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Baloney.

Cast iron truth. And now there's a negative repercussion.  big surprise.  That's what happens when authortarian types like you or your buddy justin try to force things on people.

Anti-vaxxers were coddled, pandered to and cultivated by political entrepreneurs for political gain at every opportunity.  

They were hounded, chased, fired, attacked and repressed by the gov't. And now people trust the gov't less on vaccines,not more.

Turns out the more you tighten your grasp, the more people slip through you fingers. Now those people will help change the gov't and they won't be interested in listening to you or your jackboot friends in the future will they?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, eyeball said:

This reminds me of when I was young and they were starting to talk about fluoridation of the public water supply in greater Vancouver.  I played a part in helping to stop it from happening I am happy to say.  I carried a large sign everywhere there was rush hour traffic, especially bridges.  I talked to the mayor of Vancouver, and an important left wing alderman, Harry Rankin and others.  After that it went to a vote of the regional district and fluoridation was narrowly defeated.  To this day they still don't have the poison in the greater Vancouver water supply.  There were lots of anti fluoridation people around in those days opposing it.  All the naturopathic people opposed it.   Fluoride hardens the bones in people and makes them more likely to break.  Proponents want it the water to harden teeth.   Chemicals can have a bad effect. Vancouver area has pure water still to this day.  People need to remain vigilant to keep the water pure.

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Turns out the more you tighten your grasp, the more people slip through you fingers. Now those people will help change the gov't and they won't be interested in listening to you or your jackboot friends in the future will they?

Never mind the future, we should go back to whatever type of brainwashing they used on us in the 50's and 60's when it clearly worked.

28 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Never mind the future, we should go back to whatever type of brainwashing they used on us in the 50's and 60's when it clearly worked.

i have no doubt your inner communist is screaming for more effective mind control techiques :)

For the most part in the 50's and 60's they didn't compel people much. And people trusted the gov't more.

now your buddies trudeau and jaggers have completely destroyed that trust for many people and people are angry that they were 'forced' to undergo medical treatment.  And they were - please don't waste time with the 'but they weren't technically FORCED per se technically sort of technically... "  People were forced.  Do this or we'll hurt you.  That's forcing.

So too late to go back in time. The gov't burned that bridge already.

40 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This reminds me of when I was young and they were starting to talk about fluoridation of the public water supply in greater Vancouver.  I played a part in helping to stop it from happening I am happy to say.  I carried a large sign everywhere there was rush hour traffic, especially bridges.  I talked to the mayor of Vancouver, and an important left wing alderman, Harry Rankin and others.  After that it went to a vote of the regional district and fluoridation was narrowly defeated.  To this day they still don't have the poison in the greater Vancouver water supply.  There were lots of anti fluoridation people around in those days opposing it.  All the naturopathic people opposed it.   Fluoride hardens the bones in people and makes them more likely to break.  Proponents want it the water to harden teeth.   Chemicals can have a bad effect. Vancouver area has pure water still to this day.  People need to remain vigilant to keep the water pure.

So you've always been crazier than a shithouse rat, huh. "Naturopathic people" Jesus H Christ on a cracker.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I have no doubt your inner communist is screaming for more effective mind control techiques.

Yeah, we certainly can't have people taking a couple of deep breaths or giving their head a shake on occasion.

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

For the most part in the 50's and 60's they didn't compel people much. And people trusted the gov't more.

Why though?

Oh, oh, oh, I know! (waving arm excitedly)

The left?

image.png.0b85e9194dbc0af5f8c52b9a87da5b93.png

• Haha 1

Just now, Black Dog said:

So you've always been crazier than a shithouse rat, huh. "Naturopathic people" Jesus H Christ on a cracker.

Why the need to be blasphemous?

I did a very important service when I was younger and received no payment or compensation of any kind.  I am happy that greater Vancouver area's water system is still pure.  I was pleased to join with those who opposed fluoridation and do what I could.

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why the need to be blasphemous?

I did a very important service when I was younger and received no payment or compensation of any kind.  I am happy that greater Vancouver area's water system is still pure.  I was pleased to join with those who opposed fluoridation and do what I could.

If it's not junk woo-woo superstition, it's junk woo-woo science with you. I almost have to admire the consistency,

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why though?

The left?

*An entire generation of people who grew up breathing leaded gas fumes get hooked up to a 24/7 disinformation machine called social media* I don't know why people don't trust the government anymore.

Edited by Black Dog
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah, we certainly can't have people taking a couple of deep breaths or giving their head a shake on occasion.

Not unless they're doing what you say :)  

Why though?

The left?

Nope.  because the left hadn't tried forcing them and lying to them yet :)

The left tends to ruin everything when it gets into power.  Vote woke go broke.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think maybe it's the left.

Both the subject and the predicate there are false :)   

Just now, eyeball said:

I'm pretty sure the extreme center is in the middle of things too.

Well you've been saying that for decades now right?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

If it's not junk woo-woo superstition, it's junk woo-woo science with you. I almost have to admire the consistency,

Nothing junk about being anti-fluoridation.  Science will tell you fluoride is a harmful chemical.

But without any knowledge you just assume that opposing fluoridation is based on junk science.  Shows your ignorance.

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nothing junk about being anti-fluoridation.  Science will tell you fluoride is a harmful chemical.

So is oxygen, have you tried going without that?

But without any knowledge you just assume that opposing fluoridation is based on junk science.  Shows your ignorance.

It absolutely is based on junk science.The overwhelming body of scientific evidence going back more than 50 years affirms the safety and efficacy of fluoridated water. that's science not woo woo naturopathic scam artists.

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

It absolutely is based on junk science.The overwhelming body of scientific evidence going back more than 50 years affirms the safety and efficacy of fluoridated water. that's science not woo woo naturopathic scam artists.

Go spend some time reading articles on Google.  Of course fluoride is a harmful chemical.  If fluoride was so good, ask people who want it to put it in their own water and drink it.  Nobody does that because they know it is harmful.

t absolutely is based on junk science.The overwhelming body of scientific evidence going back more than 50 years affirms the safety and efficacy of fluoridated water. that's science not woo woo naturopathic scam artists.

Nonsense.  Their are credible reports and the whole issue of fluoridation is not settled.  Like many things, science does not have all the answers and they are not unanimous about the issue of harm by fluoridation.

Is Drinking Fluoridated Water Dangerous? | HealthNews

In the meantime, something that cannot be proven beyond a doubt should never be made mandatory for anyone to take.  It should never be force fed to people through the public water system.  That is a violation of individual human rights.

If someone wants a medication and believes it is good for them, they can take it on their own.  But it should never be a political football whereby it is forced on everyone.

Have i tried going without pure oxygen like in your link?  Sure - i've NEVER used pure oxygen. Ceratinly never at increased particle pressures.

That was easily the stupidest comment you've made and as you know it was up against some pretty stiff competition

That is false. The fact is public fluoridation cannot control the amount of fluoride any one individual receives.  It has been known scientifically that excessive fluoride for instance does have harmful effects on humans.  Therefore it is nonsense to force the public to receive it through the public water supply.   Everyone drinks different amounts of water.  Therefore it could seriously harm certain individuals.

Edited by blackbird