Ukraine Can't Win the War

On 2/28/2024 at 2:19 PM, Perspektiv said:

I think that is overconfident.

Their military is prideful and happy to fight to the death for their motherland.

There is an existential crisis in the west.

If China went to war with the US, the will of China would easily overpower the technological advantages that the US has.

Both countries know its a lose lose war, however.

Not sure about that. People can change, but China has never been to war in a long time. Equipment never really proved in battle.

59 minutes ago, PIK said:

but China has never been to war in a long time

Thats irrelevant. They have a greater will nationally to die for their country. 

1 hour ago, PIK said:

Equipment never really proved in battle.

That is correct, look at Russia. Better equipment. How did that work out for them?

China however, are far smarter than Russia.

They wouldn't attack the west with weapons. 

You can clearly grind the world to a halt, with biological weapons.

You can assault their sense of selves, and watch the infighting ensue. 

Let this go on generarionally. Weaken their country. 

Once you know the timing is right, pounce then.

China is a master of the long game.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:50 PM, Perspektiv said:

Thats irrelevant. They have a greater will nationally to die for their country. 

That is correct, look at Russia. Better equipment. How did that work out for them?

China however, are far smarter than Russia.

They wouldn't attack the west with weapons. 

You can clearly grind the world to a halt, with biological weapons.

You can assault their sense of selves, and watch the infighting ensue. 

Let this go on generarionally. Weaken their country. 

Once you know the timing is right, pounce then.

China is a master of the long game.

You and I usually agree. But not here. Think man. Why waste arms and men, when you can sabre rattle and convince Americans to spend themselves into the crapper?

Blood is expensive. So are bombs. But it's already been proven that nations can be bought.

China is a master of the long game. So is Russia. The USA and NATO operate purely on reaction. Without any forethought. They panic and convince their own that the sky is falling. Then...they get public support for massive spending. Some people make out like bandits...literally. Will they be there to help when it all crumbles? Hell no. They'll be laying on a beach with their young girlfriends. 

We're all being manipulated by China, Russia, Iran and the rest of the BRICS nations. But what's even worse is...we're all being manipulated by our own people as well.

Russia is simply not going to attack a NATO nation. Instead, they'll just wait for a NATO nation to attack them. And who will pay for all this abject stupidity?

Your children.

20 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I don't see how people see Putin as a loose cannon. He is cold, calculated and meticulous on the details.

Meh...I can't say what sort o' personality Putin has. I have met well to do Russians before. Very...provincial? Friendly. They like to eat and drink. Hug a lot. 

However...the Russian consulate, I remember, was a fortress...much like the American one. But more land...

He was a security guy before so it's probably safe to say he's not docile. I just don't think Putin is interested in a conflict with NATO. 

However...today there was a mass attack with guns and bombs going off, at a crowd in Moscow. Not good...

55 minutes ago, Aristides said:

ISIS is now CIA. You will swallow anything Putin tells you.😞

No, for sure ISIS in not part of the CIA, but their interests are apparently aligned.

Your best narrative here is to say that the attack was a false flag operation by Russians to justify hypersonic missiles blasting Kyiv. I'm not sure why the American MSM isn't saying that. They could definitely get away with it. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

No, for sure ISIS in not part of the CIA, but their interests are apparently aligned.

Your best narrative here is to say that the attack was a false flag operation by Russians to justify hypersonic missiles blasting Kyiv. I'm not sure why the American MSM isn't saying that. They could definitely get away with it. 

I don't have a narrative but I don't think it is a false flag operation either. Islamists have plenty of bones to pick with Russia.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don't have a narrative but I don't think it is a false flag operation either. Islamists have plenty of bones to pick with Russia.

Islamists have bones to pick with anyone who's not a muslim.

They're kinda like the US, I guess. 

Some people say that if you call the capital of Ukraine in its English name as Kiev you're pro-Russian. Nowadays you must call it Kyiv.

What a load of absolute bollocks! I am absolutely against Russia but names are names. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Some people say that if you call the capital of Ukraine in its English name as Kiev you're pro-Russian. Nowadays you must call it Kyiv.

What a load of absolute bollocks! I am absolutely against Russia but names are names. 

Don't you think people should call places in Finland the same way as Finlanders call them?

6 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Putin could be killed or overthrown tomorrow. It’s why he spends so much of his time hiding these days. I suspect that happy event would end the war. And he could choose to end it tomorrow if he was a normal human being. 

I often picture so pop bottle button glasses on some old librarian wagging her finger lecturing, everytime I read something like this.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:15 PM, Aristides said:

Don't you think people should call places in Finland the same way as Finlanders call them?

No. Not a chance.

Do people in France say England? 

Do we say Deutschland? Do the French say that? 

If you're talking to someone from somewhere and you wanna use their words to talk to them, that makes sense, but we're not gonna learn to speak every language just so that we can say their place names properly. 

China is translated into Chinese as 中国 [zhōng guó], but its full name is 中华人民共和国 [zhōng huá rén mín gòng hé guó]

Would you ever say Zhōng huá rén mín gòng hé guó?

"Hey Johnny, wanna get some Zhōng huá rén mín gòng hé guóese food?"

Do you think Joe Biden could learn to say that?  

And TBH, I don't even know if that's Cantonese or Mandarin. For all I know their word for "China" might not be the same in both languages. No doubt there are different names for a lot of countries depending on which group of people you're talking to. 

On 2/25/2024 at 12:23 PM, I am Groot said:

The inevitable is that Russia gobbles up Ukraine. If you think that a ceasefire would hold Russia back longer than it takes for them to reequip and rearm his military you're mistaken. Putin has made it clear that Ukraine - ALL of it - is part of Russia. 

He has made it almost as clear that he intends to rebuild the Soviet Union. Once he's done with Ukraine, the Baltic states and Georgia will be next. Belarus will be annexed, and then the new and mightier Russia will go for Poland.

Wrong. Putin is no Hitler - or even a Napoleon.

IMV, if there's a comparison - we are now in 1912 or even 1776. educated/European elites were clueless.

Our current elites are also clueless

On 2/25/2024 at 10:19 PM, Perspektiv said:

Ben Shapiro made a good quote, describing how some soldiers would use their bayonets (to describe how soft the west have been). I.E If they feel mush, keep pushing. Once you feel iron, stop. Am paraphrasing what he said, but that describes Putin to a T.

He knows where the weakness is, considering how brazen his attack on Ukraine was. If he felt there would have been push back, he wouldn't have dared.

Disagree. This is the thinking that started the Great War of 1914.

Shapiro will defend Israel to its death.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:54 AM, QuebecOverCanada said:

Once, again, double speak... on the double speak.

Which game am I playing? None. I'm pushing your contradictions to your face, because they are very obvious and have a goal of pushing war against Russia, which I oppose 100%.

Pierre Trudeau famously referred to counterweights.

Edited by August1991

On 2/27/2024 at 3:14 PM, WestCanMan said:

Funding for Ukraine is collapsing and so are they.

IME, some western Ukrainians hate Russians. (Sorta like some Albertans hate Torontonians.)

Russians and Ukrainians? Stubborn as hell. Almost as bad as Bulgarians.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:24 PM, Boges said:

Just like with Russia, it's a MADD situation. 

A future war would revolve around control of Taiwan though. It's far more difficult to get into a military quagmire (like Ukraine) on a mountainous island. 

MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction., not MADD (Google it)

====

Bismarck famously said that the next war would start with foolishness in the Balkans.

Taiwan? Very possibly.

=====

Urgently, we need a new Agreement among World Powers.

Like Vienna in 1814 and Yalta in 1944, we need a new durable sustainable structure of peace.

If not, we are in the world of summer 1914

Edited by August1991