Black History Month.

1 minute ago, Perspektiv said:

1. And people wonder why so many movies have tanked at the box office, recently.

2. Movies like this, who take it to the limit, are essentially lecturing you, when they should focus on entertaining you.For that movie, I felt I wasted hours of my life I couldn't get back. Literally most of it was BLM flags, and wokespeak, and the lead character correcting peoples politically incorrect ways of talking. 

1. I don't think this has anything to do with that.  Oscar and Box Office - two different things.  At best, Oscar promotes prestige and higher art films but... not really.  It's always the Blockbusters that make the money.
2. ?  "Purple Hearts" ?   Seems like a military romance movie... what is your issue with it ?  I watched most of the trailer, seems pretty patriotic and relatable.  Is that the right one ?  You saw it, though.  I didn't.

52 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I think it's a bad thing when people are told they can't do things or enter careers on the basis of their sex.

We just had an International Women's Day symposium and a black lady doctor gave her experiences.  Pretty horrific stuff, the abuse she endured.  It reminded me why these programs are useful (and popular).  

But some have problems with exclusionary practices, and I get the backlash 100%.  That's why I have asked to work through an example.

2 hours ago, Black Dog said:

I dunno man, maybe read a book or something.

How is patriarchy stopping women from advancing their careers?

This, is what you don't have a clue about, as you clearly haven't elaborated on it, proving my point.

But you don't think women should dedicate themeslves to fields that aren't for women.

Sure, should they choose to.  

Am equally okay, with fields being dominated by men, or by women.

think it's a bad thing when people are told they can't do things or enter careers on the basis of their sex.

Sure, but if a woman isn't cut for the job, I don't have an issue with her accepting this, either.

Women with kids are less likely to be hired for jobs, to be perceived as competent

Am a black male. It hasn't stopped me, nor those who don't allow obstacles to stop them.

So what are you saying? Women can't get a job because they are women? Statistically, you're wrong.

Women who decide to have kids and have to take time off to do so are less likely to get raises and promotions.

And this is the fault of patriarchy?

Someone is working harder than you, while you're off. What's the issue?

You want rewards for hours you didn't work, to make things equal?

Give me a break.

Hire a nanny, and get back to work.

My wife hard to work overseas, to put food on her child's table, comes from a society where she is to serve her man, and still made herself into an entrepreneur. 

The issue isn't patriarchy. Its nobody challenging this BS.

Not changing something is accepting it.

I accept my wife is a better mother than I could ever be. I accept I am stronger than her, she multitasks better than me.

I don't seek issues where there are none. When I see millions of women chomping at the bit to become plumbers, I may feel you have a point.

What you're eluding to, is not women wanting s****y jobs men typically do.

They want the high paying ones, they put in backbreaking hours to do, minus the hours. 

I dated a couple feminists like this. Felt cooking for me was beneath them, but expected me to cook for them. 

Demanded equality, but if they saw something that scared them, who do you think is going to get tagged to deal with it.

You can't cherry pick your way to equality. 

Has absolutely nothing to do with equality

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Dog said:

You say I don't have a clue, but you're the one asking all these questions about what patriarchy is? I dunno man, maybe read a book or something.

But you don't think women should dedicate themeslves to fields that aren't for women.

I think it's a bad thing when people are told they can't do things or enter careers on the basis of their sex.

Women with kids are less likely to be hired for jobs, to be perceived as competent at work or to be paid as much as their male colleagues with the same qualifications. Women who decide to have kids and have to take time off to do so are less likely to get raises and promotions.

Not changing something is accepting it. I think excluding 50% of the population from a field is bad.

You’re disingenuous.  No one here is suggesting that people shouldn’t do any career that interests them, as long as they can do it.  

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re disingenuous.  No one here is suggesting that people shouldn’t do any career that interests them, as long as they can do it.  

No one is suggesting people be given jobs or scholarships solely on the basis of the race/sex/gender either but you keep insisting that happens.

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

How is patriarchy stopping women from advancing their careers?

This, is what you don't have a clue about, as you clearly haven't elaborated on it, proving my point.

By putting up obstacles in their way that men don't have to face. Biology may dictate that women have children, but patriarchy punishes them for that choice.

Sure, should they choose to.  

Am equally okay, with fields being dominated by men, or by women.

But you don't think that people should be encouraged to enter fields that are coded for the opposite sex. Also the idea that choices are made in a vacuum without social forces pushing people in a certain direction is incorrect.

Sure, but if a woman isn't cut for the job, I don't have an issue with her accepting this, either.

That doesn't really have any bearing on this but ok.

Am a black male. It hasn't stopped me, nor those who don't allow obstacles to stop them.

Are you sure you've never been given an opportunity or been passed over because of your race? 100% sure?

So what are you saying? Women can't get a job because they are women? Statistically, you're wrong.

Yes in certain fields, I think women face systemic obstacles to entry.

And this is the fault of patriarchy?

Someone is working harder than you, while you're off. What's the issue?

You want rewards for hours you didn't work, to make things equal?

Give me a break.

Hire a nanny, and get back to work.

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about and i expect i'd have to explain in painstaking detail why and you still wouldn't see it.

My wife hard to work overseas, to put food on her child's table, comes from a society where she is to serve her man, and still made herself into an entrepreneur. 

Anecdotes are not evidence.

I accept my wife is a better mother than I could ever be. I accept I am stronger than her, she multitasks better than me.

I don't seek issues where there are none. When I see millions of women chomping at the bit to become plumbers, I may feel you have a point.

Why would women want to become plumbers when the message from people like you is some fields are for boys and some are for girls and that's just how it is?

What you're eluding to, is not women wanting s****y jobs men typically do.

They want the high paying ones, they put in backbreaking hours to do, minus the hours. 

I expect it has never once occurred to you that having more women in those "shitty jobs" benefits men too?

I dated a couple feminists like this. Felt cooking for me was beneath them, but expected me to cook for them. 

Demanded equality, but if they saw something that scared them, who do you think is going to get tagged to deal with it.

You can't cherry pick your way to equality. 

Has absolutely nothing to do with equality

I have no idea what any of this has to do with equality.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:14 AM, impartialobserver said:

Prove to me that as an adult that you are forced to celebrate this... and then I will answer your questions. Lets start with this. 

No, i am not being forced at this time to celebrate black history. Now you answer my question? Why do we not celebrate a White History Month? If blacks can have a Black History Month, then why not white people have a White History month? 

Let's start with that. 😇

1 minute ago, taxme said:

No, i am not being forced at this time to celebrate black history. Now you answer my question? Why do we not celebrate a White History Month? If blacks can have a Black History Month, then why not white people have a White History month? 

Let's start with that. 😇

How many times do you need to be told the answer to this lol.

41 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

No one is suggesting people be given jobs or scholarships solely on the basis of the race/sex/gender either but you keep insisting that happens.

Because it does.  I read job postings exclusively for racialized people and people from specific groups. Hamilton school board is one example.

Equity jobs, of which there are now a lot, are not given to white people generally, apart from a slim minority of white women.

Anyway, Hardner, I’m not doing your work for you.  You’ve clearly been out of the workforce or you would see the discrimination and know how hard the push is.

Edited by Zeitgeist

18 minutes ago, taxme said:

Let's start with that. 😇

So you are not being forced to celebrate.. good that you can be honest and admit to this fundamental truth. If whites want to have a White History Month.. have at it. However, you can't force folks to celebrate it so do not be surprised if it is not front page news. 

41 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

By putting up obstacles in their way that men don't have to face. Biology may dictate that women have children, but patriarchy punishes them for that choice.

But you don't think that people should be encouraged to enter fields that are coded for the opposite sex. Also the idea that choices are made in a vacuum without social forces pushing people in a certain direction is incorrect.

That doesn't really have any bearing on this but ok.

Are you sure you've never been given an opportunity or been passed over because of your race? 100% sure?

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about and i expect i'd have to explain in painstaking detail why and you still wouldn't see it.

Anecdotes are not evidence.

Why would women want to become plumbers when the message from people like you is some fields are for boys and some are for girls and that's just how it is?

I expect it has never once occurred to you that having more women in those "shitty jobs" benefits men too?

I have no idea what any of this has to do with equality.

What do you mean by “coded”, “systemic racism”, and the”patriarchy”?

Define your terms and give real world current examples.

It’s clear that you see the world in a way that departs from reality.

If you said bias instead of systemic racism, you would be more compelling.

By “coded” I’m guessing you think there are secret passwords or handshakes or some kind of nefarious anti-black trickery?  Explain.

Who and where are these patriarchs?  Are they the unemployed young men who couldn’t get into university and are sitting around in their parents’ houses playing video games? Are they the soldiers who fought in WW2 and liberated the West from fascism? Who is preventing hard-working effective people from climbing the corporate ladder? Who on the courts or among police is tacitly approving the beating or oppression of women? I’m not suggesting there aren’t bad apples, but that’s not systemic in any way. 

You’re tilting at windmills and anyone with any real analytical sense can see through your radical left views.

Edited by Zeitgeist

23 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Because it does.  I read job postings exclusively for racialized people and people from specific groups. Hamilton school board is one example.

Equity jobs, of which there are now a lot, are not given to white people generally, apart from a slim minority of white women.

remember that jobs are a very recent invention

only a product of the Industrial Revolution of the 19th century

for the ten thousand year history of civilization prior, human society was agrarian

jobs have only existed for roughly two hundred years

what we see now is that jobs themselves are obsolete

practically any job could be done better and vastly cheaper, by algorithms & robots

the Industrial Revolution is over

and jobs are going with it

thus what you are invoking is the state starting to award what jobs are remaining

based on ideology and those most likely to be dependent upon the Orwellian Panopitcon nanny police state

the country formerly known as Canada, now the Post National State, is on the bleeding edge of this regime

primarily because Canadian jobs duplicate American jobs,

so America doesn't actually need Canadian workers anymore

hence the Post National State is an hermit kingdom,

wherein every person works for the state, directly or indirectly

sealed up behind an iron curtain against American freedom, like a soft Soviet Union

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1.  I read job postings exclusively for racialized people and people from specific groups. Hamilton school board is one example.

2. Anyway, Hardner, I’m not doing your work for you.   

1. Well that doesn't address Black Dog's point... it's a side step.  But ok - post an example.  I've asked for this a few times on this thread so we can make some intelligent reviews of what's happening.
2. You were replying to Black Dog...

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well that doesn't address Black Dog's point... it's a side step.  But ok - post an example.  I've asked for this a few times on this thread so we can make some intelligent reviews of what's happening.
2. You were replying to Black Dog...

I posted an example ages ago.  Do your own homework.  I have no reason to fabricate.  I wish such postings didn’t exist.

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I posted an example ages ago.  Do your own homework.  I have no reason to fabricate.  I wish such postings didn’t exist.

The onus is on you to back things up. I don't make claims and then tell you to go Google it. If you challenge me. At least give me a key word or what thread it was on

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

By putting up obstacles in their way that men don't have to face.

Like getting knocked up? Thats an obstacle, now? 

Unless she was raped, it's a choice.

My wife isn't a victim for getting knocked up by her ex. She chose to have kids with him. Her kids didn't stop her ascent. She didn't have time to cry about him being a deadbeat. She had to put food on table. She opened her own doors, nobody gave her s***.

Again. You have failed to present how a woman gets punished for pregnancy. So obviously you don't have anything to support your point.

But you don't think that people should be encouraged to enter fields that are coded for the opposite sex.

I think the choice should be organic. And things aren't coded. Males will typically be better at certain tasks, and women naturally will typically be better at others.

So, the doors should be open to anyone wanting to pursue such careers. Not sure why I would want to push my child to pick a career, vs support them in their choice, but you do you.

Also the idea that choices are made in a vacuum without social forces pushing people in a certain direction is incorrect.

I was pushed since birth to be a rock. I cry at sad movies, and am effeminate in nature. Thats who I am. Society can't force me to be manly. It can try, but adults tend to figure themselves out for the most part, when given the space to.

You believe in controlling people. I prefer giving them space to find their own growth. 

Research in Europe proves this. IE a school pushing gender neutral teachings, still noticed girls gravitating to girly things and boys gravitating to masculine things.

You're essentially trying to force a dog to eat vegetables, when it is built to eat meat.

Parts of our natures and instincts are who we are.

There literally is a reason you don't see tons of female roofers. Most women don't want to be roofers. Not obstacles.

I don't see how pushing the idea onto girls, does any good, if it clearly isn't something most desire.

You're like this sales manager I had, who told us to talk loud and fast, to overwhelm customers, because they "don't know what they want. So you need to tell them, and overcome their rebuttals with pressure".

I don't understand what good it does me, to think like this. To think at if I was a victim. 

I focus on breaking past doors, not considering one being there in the first place.

You're talking that last place finish talk. You're seeing yourself or wanting me to see myself as inferior. Potentially as unworthy  because of my skin color.

I go into job interviews like my child hasn't eaten in 3 days. You bring that level of do or die energy and determination to anything undertaken, and there won't be many who will be able to stay in your way. Obstacles are part of life. How soft do you think black people are?

I don't care who you are. To quote Will Smith: "We can both get on a treadmill, but I will be willing to die on it." I separate myself from the pack, from sheer willpower.

Nobody is taking food from my table.

Your thinking is pushing men out of the way, for women. White people out of the way, for black people. 

This is progress to you.

You can't participation trophy your way through life.

At some point, you're going to need to want it more than the others, or accept the career path you're on isn't for you.

Yeah, the highest paying and most competitive ones..you want in. Forget that labor garbage. I want to be a billionaire CEO.

I will point to the lack of women in such a field to "prove" patriarchy exists, even though there is a blatant lack of humans in such roles. Meaning, men, women minorities, and even most CEOs.

Your point is so voided, I should hand it to a future employer to get direct deposit into my account. 

i expect i'd have to explain in painstaking detail why and you still wouldn't see it.

Ah, the its "too complicated, and as such you wouldn't get it" excuse for having nothing to bring to a debate. So basically, you don't know.

Why would women want to become plumbers

You should ask women. Am sure most would tell you why, vs pushing for a spot. I would put money on it. 

Never stating a woman is incapable of anything. Simply pointing to the fact. Few women go for such jobs.

If me saying this is enough to stop you you're too soft for such a job, to begin with which is painstaking and backbreaking labor.

If she can work as well or better, of course. If she can't keep up, I don't follow.

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You see job postings where the only qualification required is that someone be a member of a racialized group? I find that hard to believe.

40 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

What do you mean by “coded”, “systemic racism”, and the”patriarchy”?

Define your terms and give real world current examples.

t’s clear that you see the world in a way that departs from reality.

If you said bias instead of systemic racism, you would be more compelling.

By “coded” I’m guessing you think there are secret passwords or handshakes or some kind of nefarious anti-black trickery?  Explain.

Coded means when a job or field is associated primarily or exclusively to certain genders. Like plumbers, nurses, school teachers. The other definitions are easily googleable. Oh and I didn't use the term systemic racism.

Who and where are these patriarchs?  Are they the unemployed young men who couldn’t get into university and are sitting around in their parents’ houses playing video games? Are they the soldiers who fought in WW2 and liberated the West from fascism? Who is preventing hard-working effective people from climbing the corporate ladder? Who on the courts or among police is tacitly approving the beating or oppression of women? I’m not suggesting there aren’t bad apples, but that’s not systemic in any way. 

Systems aren't individuals. They're embedded attitudes or practices that are ingrained in the way institutions operate or in their culture.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Like getting knocked up? Thats an obstacle, now? 

Unless she was raped, it's a choice.

Something can be a choice and still an impediment, are you kidding me.

My wife isn't a victim for getting knocked up by her ex. She chose to have kids with him. Her kids didn't stop her ascent. She didn't have time to cry about him being a deadbeat. She had to put food on table. She opened her own doors, nobody gave her s***.

Again. You have failed to present how a woman gets punished for pregnancy. So obviously you don't have anything to support your point.

I already gave you some examples and you ignored them so I'm not sure why I should spoon feed you more.

I think the choice should be organic. And things aren't coded. Males will typically be better at certain tasks, and women naturally will typically be better at others.

No such thing as "organic choice" because no choice is made in a vacuum as I said.

So, the doors should be open to anyone wanting to pursue such careers. Not sure why I would want to push my child to pick a career, vs support them in their choice, but you do you.

I'm not sure how you don't understand that saying "men are good at some things and girls at others" might dissuade someone from trying something that doesn't fit that paradigm.

I was pushed since birth to be a rock. I cry at sad movies, and am effeminate in nature. Thats who I am. Society can't force me to be manly. It can try, but adults tend to figure themselves out for the most part, when given the space to.

You believe in controlling people. I prefer giving them space to find their own growth. 

No I don't believe in boxing people in my saying some jobs are for men and some for women.

Research in Europe proves this. IE a school pushing gender neutral teachings, still noticed girls gravitating to girly things and boys gravitating to masculine things.

I've always been skeptical of such research because it's impossible to completely isolate a kid from external influences. 

You're essentially trying to force a dog to eat vegetables, when it is built to eat meat.

Parts of our natures and instincts are who we are.

There literally is a reason you don't see tons of female roofers. Most women don't want to be roofers. Not obstacles.

No that's lazy and essentialist and I simply don't buy it,

I don't see how pushing the idea onto girls, does any good, if it clearly isn't something most desire.

The point is that there could be many girls out there might not want to go into X because every message they get tells them that X isn't an option for girls.

I don't have time for the rest, maybe later.

On 3/7/2024 at 7:57 AM, WestCanMan said:

It's actually "revisionist history month". 

Nothing against black people in general, but the people who are telling all of these stories are the same ones who manufacture things like the "whites were the only slavers ever" theory, the 205 kids in a mass grave narrative, the G Floyd narrative, the covid narrative, the Jussie Smollett narrative, the Jan 6th narrative, the mostly peaceful protest narrative, the Nick Sandman narrative, the Freedom Convoy extremists narrative, etc. 

Nothing that you hear during black history will be more than 33% true.

There will be some names and dates that are correct, but any sentence that starts with "the whiteys did [1] 'it' [2] 'because'" is based on [1] an 'it' that sorta happened but not really, and [2] the because is always a lie. The easiest thing to do in any false story is create your own 'because' and assign it to the people you're writing about.

Case in point, Donald Trump. He could cure cancer and the MSM will say "it's because he's racist". The easiest thing for these liars to lie about is the because and they do it with metronome consistency.  

They get away with this nonsense because most white folk are too cowardly to say what they really think, if some of them can think at all. The white folk are being made asses of by the left wing liberals of North America by the left wing MSM and they appear as though they are quite happy about it. It is being predicted that in another few more decades, white people will be in the minority in North America.  But ask them if they really care? NOT. 😬

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Something can be a choice and still an impediment, are you kidding me.

Of course. It isn't patriarchy, though. Also, we all have to overcome obstacles to succeed in life. What's your point?

16 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I already gave you some examples and you ignored them so I'm not sure why I should spoon feed you more.

You gave horrible examples that don't point to patriarchy. You making personal insults doesn't take away from you having nothing to bring to the table.

17 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

No such thing as "organic choice" because no choice is made in a vacuum as I said.

People still have freedom of choice.

18 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

might dissuade someone from trying something that doesn't fit that paradigm.

CEOs are the type to prove doubters wrong. Succeeding against any difficult odds.

You're saying women aren't cut for it? 

If not your point is irrelevant.

19 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

No I don't believe in boxing people in my saying some jobs are for men and some for women.

Am saying women tend to gravitate towards certain jobs more than others. Same with men. Its statistically proven for some jobs. 

This isn't boxing anyone, its seeing the data, and it not jiving with a patriarchy you're stating is inhibiting women, yet have yet to prove it.

21 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I've always been skeptical of such research because it's impossible to completely isolate a kid from external influences.

Like their parents?

Solution? Let the state raise the kids?

21 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I simply don't buy it

I don't buy that you genuinely understand what patriarchy is, or specifically how it stops a woman from succeeding.

22 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

The point is that there could be many girls out there might not want to go into X

What if none do. You're going to force them? Or is there a point where you accept some women don't want to do certain jobs.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 7:33 AM, Moonbox said:

What he's saying (I think) is that things are reasonably good in Europe.  They aren't emigrating en masse.   We are taking Ukrainian refugees, but we're not getting many Danish or Norwegians applying, are we?  

There is a deliberate attempt being made by the Marxist in Ottawa to make sure that all new immigrants coming to Canada today are coming from non-white countries. Approx. 80% of our new immigrants are coming from non-white countries, while approx. 20% of our new immigrants are coming from what use to be our traditional sources like Britain and Europe. This is all planned and is part of a globalist conspiracy to make Canada look more non-white looking in the future. Our children and grandchildren will pay an hefty price for what our traitorous politicians have done to our country. 👎

• Haha 1

How many times do you need to be told the answer to this lol.

I am still waiting for an answer from bozos like you? Can you give me a good reason as to why this cannot be done? Are you a racist and against white people? I believe that you are a racist. Prove me wrong? 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

So you are not being forced to celebrate.. good that you can be honest and admit to this fundamental truth. If whites want to have a White History Month.. have at it. However, you can't force folks to celebrate it so do not be surprised if it is not front page news. 

Sure thing, mac. No one would be forced to celebrate a White History Month. 

But come on, eh? Let's be honest here. You know dam well that if a White History Month were to be declared, all you left wing liberal anti-white racists, along with the left wing liberal anti-white MSM out there, would be crying like hell and calling out that having a WHM is an act of racism and should not be allowed. 

Declaring a White History Month would become the front page news of all the left wing liberal MSM outfits out there as being a month to be celebrating a white supremacy month. You know that and i know that, lefty. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Sure thing, mac. No one would be forced to celebrate a White History Month. 

But come on, eh? Let's be honest here. You know dam well that if a White History Month were to be declared, all you left wing liberal anti-white racists, along with the left wing liberal anti-white MSM out there, would be crying like hell and calling out that having a WHM is an act of racism and should not be allowed. 

Declaring a White History Month would become the front page news of all the left wing liberal MSM outfits out there as being a month to be celebrating a white supremacy month. You know that and i know that, lefty. 

They are free to complain about WHM.. keep in mind that you are complaining about BHM. Why do you crave affirmation so much? 

33 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

They are free to complain about WHM.. keep in mind that you are complaining about BHM. Why do you crave affirmation so much? 

Why don't you answer my simple questions? Why do you keep ignoring them? Cannot come up with anything, lefty? Do i now get to say that I gotcha? 🤣