Increased Illegal Immigration Brings Increased Crime: Almost 2/3 of Federal Arrests Involve Noncitizens

5 minutes ago, godzilla said:

well yeah! Biden wants to reign in free trade! NAFTA was brought in by Reagan/Mulroney! i'm not surprised that that the GOP is getting cold feet about the concept... so they blame the DNC?! that hilarious. the GOP and "conservative" (reads pro business) parties of the world are the ones who've always pushed free trade.

Well, no! Republicans want free trade. Biden and the democrats want an economic new world order.

Get your shit straight, you silly doormat. lol

Kinda hilarious to panic about "illegal" immigrants being arrested for federal crimes when the vast majority of the crimes they're being arrested for are immigration-related according to the BJS report linked in the OP article.

Ninety-five percent of the increase in federal arrests across 20 years was due to immigration offenses.

In 2018, 85% of federal arrests of non-U.S. citizens were for immigration offenses, and another 5% of arrests were immigration-related

Edited by Black Dog
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

Kinda hilarious to panic about "illegal" immigrants being arrested for federal crimes when the vast majority of the crimes they're being arrested for are immigration-related according to the BJS report linked in the OP article.

Why would that be hilarious.   And if they're being arrested for their immigration crimes then why did you put "illegal" in quotes :)

Sounds like a variation on the usual leftie debate tacktic of 'when you can't argue the point, pretend it's actually not a big deal. Even if it involves nuclear weapons".

8 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Too bad the Republicans refuse to do anything about it, huh?

It's hilarious how quickly you guy change your stance to align with your party's bogus narratives.

All the Dems did for the last 7 years was offer illegals free stuff, try to abolish ICE, prevent walls from being built, complain about policies that kept illegals south of the border, protect illegal immigrant criminals in sanctuary cities, and erase Trump policies that were working. They even cancelled sections of wall for which supplies were already on-site. 

Now all of sudden the leftards are the party of "securing the border" 🤣

Your lack of integrity is duly noted Groot. You'll say anything at any time, regardless of whether or not everyone knows that you're lying. Thanks for coming out. 

5 hours ago, Deluge said:

Nobody gives a shit. 

here are the facts:

https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/icfjs9818.pdf

• The statistical findings in this report are based on data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ Federal Justice Statistics Program (FJSP). The FJSP receives administrative data from six federal justice agencies: the U.S. Marshals Service, Drug Enforcement Administration, Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys, Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, U.S. Sentencing Commission, and Federal Bureau of Prisons.

It doesn't seem like a lot of that crime was from "merely crossing the border illegally" 

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Why would that be hilarious.   And if they're being arrested for their immigration crimes then why did you put "illegal" in quotes :)

Sounds like a variation on the usual leftie debate tacktic of 'when you can't argue the point, pretend it's actually not a big deal. Even if it involves nuclear weapons".

72% of the prosecutions of non-citizens were illegal re-entry.  

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

Biden is ensuring that Texas follows the laws. Once we let the politicians break laws, it will never end. 

Why doesn't he make sure that illegals don't cross the border, so that Gov Abbot won't have to do his job for him?

8 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Why doesn't he make sure that illegals don't cross the border, so that Gov Abbot won't have to do his job for him?

Because that is not legal, and The Dumb-Dumb Party, at Trump’s insistence just blocked legislation that they wrote which would do that. They also blocked additional border protection funding.  

You are complaining about a Republican-Party created “crisis” being used as an election plank.  

I am against illegal immigration and even excessive refugee immigration. But the government must use legal means to stop it, not dictatorship.  Personally, I think the law should let law enforcement or a court ask for proof of legal residency in the U.S., and if you cannot reasonably prove you belong here (not on the spot); you should be put on a bus.  I have no problem with that,  but it must be legal.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

That's a crime. And a serious one. sooooo.... why hilarious?

Because you’re acting like we have a massive crime crisis created by illegal immigrants, but these crimes are simply the fact that they’re here illegally.  

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:
  • The statistical findings in this report are based on data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ Federal Justice Statistics Program (FJSP). The FJSP receives administrative data from six federal justice agencies: the U.S. Marshals Service, Drug Enforcement Administration, Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys, Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, U.S. Sentencing Commission, and Federal Bureau of Prisons.

It doesn't seem like a lot of that crime was from "merely crossing the border illegally" 

Agreed. It seems like many of those crossings are driven by crime related activities in the first place which makes their illegal alienhood that much more outrageous. 

15 hours ago, robosmith said:

Noncitizens does not mean "illegal" nor undocumented. Duh

No shit, dumba$$. 

The point is, if you're in this country illegally (which most of these aliens are) then you are a non-citizen who is ALSO an illegal alien. ;) 

16 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I dunno. I'd be willing to vote for legislation to stop it.

Why won't the Republicans do that?

There's no need for legislation. The President just needs to secure the border, and Texas is showing Joe Biden how to do it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rebound said:

Biden is ensuring that Texas follows the laws. Once we let the politicians break laws, it will never end. 

Biden isn't ensuring sh*t. He knows he's wrong, and he also knows that Texas knows he's wrong. It's why he hasn't unleashed the military on Texas. He's basically been de-balled, and this is what happens when an illegitimate President refuses to secure our borders. 

Edited by Deluge

13 hours ago, Rebound said:

Because that is not legal,

It absolutely IS legal and constitutional for the president to prevent people from crossing the border into the US.

Title 42, Remain in Mexico and building border walls were all legal, dummy. 

and The Dumb-Dumb Party

Sure.

You are complaining about a Republican-Party created “crisis” being used as an election plank.  

You are an 1d10t. I'm not even going to address that BS you just wrote. 

I am against illegal immigration and even excessive refugee immigration.

So get smarter then.

But the government must use legal means to stop it, not dictatorship.  

It's not a dictatorship to prevent foreigners from entering your country.

I can't get into Japan if they don't want me there. Saudi Arabia. Mexico. Honduras. South Africa.

It's their right to stop me and that doesn't make them dictators. 

Trump was absolutely right to prevent passengers from China in Jan 2020 and look at how stupid leftists responded to that... You guys need to get smarter, we're starting to really hate you. 

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The five crime types for which non-U.S. citizens were most likely to be prosecuted in U.S. district court in 2018 were illegal reentry (72% of prosecutions), drugs (13%), fraud (4.5%), alien smuggling (4%), and misuse of visas (2%) (table 14).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It absolutely IS legal and constitutional for the president to prevent people from crossing the border into the US.

Title 42, Remain in Mexico and building border walls were all legal, dummy. 

Sure.

You are an 1d10t. I'm not even going to address that BS you just wrote. 

So get smarter then.

It's not a dictatorship to prevent foreigners from entering your country.

I can't get into Japan if they don't want me there. Saudi Arabia. Mexico. Honduras. South Africa.

It's their right to stop me and that doesn't make them dictators. 

Trump was absolutely right to prevent passengers from China in Jan 2020 and look at how stupid leftists responded to that... You guys need to get smarter, we're starting to really hate you. 

Republican Senator James Langford this week stated on the Senate floor that he was told by a powerful Republican influencer that he would “destroy him” if he votes to solve the immigration crisis during this election cycle.  And Langford stated that they have been trying to do just this.  (Video of his speech below). 

The Republicans do not want to solve the immigration crisis. They want it to continue so that they have a “crisis” they can complain about.  

https://youtu.be/0NUjaf1Pyf8?si=75ih4P01uvT59nYQ

Edited by Rebound

15 hours ago, Rebound said:

72% of the prosecutions of non-citizens were illegal re-entry.  

And about 30% of all those a$$holes probably go on to commit more crimes. 

You see pervert, once someone breaks the law, they get a taste for it and want to continue breaking the law. This is yet another reason why we need to simply shut down and deport. 

were illegal reentry

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't 're-entry' having been turned away once and then coming BACK into the country after being told not to?

That's not "merely crossing the border".   That's a much more serious crime.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Republican Senator James Langford this week stated on the Senate floor that he was told by a powerful Republican influencer that he would “destroy him” if he votes to solve the immigration crisis during this election cycle.  And Langford stated that they have been trying to do just this.  (Video of his speech below). 

The Republicans do not want to solve the immigration crisis. They want it to continue so that they have a “crisis” they can complain about.  

https://youtu.be/0NUjaf1Pyf8?si=75ih4P01uvT59nYQ

Texas wants a secure border, and they've already been doing something about it. Kudos to them for helping preserve our national security. 

Edited by Deluge

The five crime types for which non-U.S. citizens were most likely to be prosecuted in U.S. district court in 2018 were illegal reentry (72% of prosecutions), drugs (13%), fraud (4.5%), alien smuggling (4%), and misuse of visas (2%) (table 14).

So 72%+2%(misuse of visas)=74%, let's make it an even 75% of their crimes are just for border crossings, and they commit 65% of the federal offences.

That makes 1/4 of their 65% of all their federal crimes the serious types of offences we're talking about here.

If we knock that 65% down by 75% it's still 16.25% of all these types of crimes.

Are 16.25% of the people in the US "non-Americans"? I don't think so. It seems like they're punching way above their weight class. 

• Like 1