43 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

You're going about "Christianity" all wrong.

Wrong is what way?  The Bible says to love thy neighbour as thyself.  But it doesn't say to kill him.  In fact it says "thou shalt not kill".  It says our bodies belong to God.  We are made in the image of God.

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't try to play word games with the Devil.

Only a coward would ask this:

Would you kill your own mother if you thought she was suffering too much or would you seek palliative care for her?

and then complain that I’m playing word games when I ask a similar question.  Except my question was straightforward and honest.  Your question dishonestly  implies that the choice is MAID or palliative care, as if they are mutually exclusive.  It also assumes that someone’s mother is being killed by their son if their mother chooses MAID.  

I am left with the impression that you would abandon your own mother if she chose MAID.  Only someone of the lowest moral standing would do something that abhorrent. 

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

and then complain that I’m playing word games when I ask a similar question.  Except my question was straightforward and honest.

OK, I should not have asked you that question.  It was my mistake.

But I am not going to play your game.  We have enough experience with the history of your word games on here to know it is foolishness and solves nothing.

I will simply say again, killing is contrary to God's word.  Is that clear or what is your problem?

Edited by blackbird

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I am left with the impression that you would abandon your own mother if she chose MAID.  Only someone of the lowest moral standing would do something that abhorrent. 

Only someone with no morals would cheer her on.  I wouldn't abandon her, but you have to understand when someone chooses MAID, it has disastrous consequences for the relatives for the rest of their lives.

"There are never enough assisted suicides for the euthanasia movement. So, while they will promise “strict guidelines to protect against abuse,” they don’t mean it — and are ever on the hunt to liberalize laws to make it easier for people to get help becoming dead.

Assisted-suicide laws in the U.S., almost uniquely in the world, require six months or less to live to qualify for a lethal prescription. That limitation will be discarded as soon as the movement thinks it can get away with it politically. In the meantime, they are ever searching for ways to find loopholes to allow more assisted suicides."

Euthanasia Prevention Coalition Euthanasia Prevention Coalition (alexschadenberg.blogspot.com)

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

you have to understand when someone chooses MAID…

I would never presume to tell someone that they are forced to suffer before they die.  I don’t have that right and neither do you.  

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Civilized Societies Don't Execute

But, you believe in state executions in the form of the death penalty. 

You don’t even agree with the opinion of the propaganda that you linked to!

Edited by TreeBeard
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Only someone with no morals would cheer her on.  I wouldn't abandon her, but you have to understand when someone chooses MAID, it has disastrous consequences for the relatives for the rest of their lives.

I have to wonder about the goings on in a mind that thinks Hell is a real place but people experiencing pain and suffering as a result of terminal medical conditions are fake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

But, you believe in state executions in the form of the death penalty. 

You don’t even agree with the opinion of the propaganda that you linked to!

I realized that after I posted it and that's why I deleted it.  I realized I don't agree completely with that particular article.  You know I believe in capital punishment for murder.

You don't seem to know the difference between capital punishment by the state for murder after a fair trial and assisted suicide.

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

I have to wonder about the goings on in a mind that thinks Hell is a real place but people experiencing pain and suffering as a result of terminal medical conditions are fake.

Who said they were fake?  I believe in palliative care for people, not offering them assisted suicide.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

I laughed when I saw this and was going to let it go….   but I’ve never been called the devil before!  

What makes you think I’m the devil?

I never said you are the Devil.  I know you're not, but you seem to be controlled by him.  Therefore I must assume I am dealing with him through you.  That is how he operates.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Who said they were fake?  I believe in palliative care for people, not offering them assisted suicide.

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

The Devil obviously has scared you into believing you will die a slow agonizing death.  Many people have bought into that lie and that is why they are choosing MAID.  Such cases are very rare.  Killing people is not the solution.  You need to turn to God and his word and ask him to save you.  Hell is no place to go.

No. Make assisted suicide totally LEGAL on demand. 

I am diagnosed with stiffness of spine. In all cases it will have back pain and stiffness but in rare cases after many years, in old age it causes severe pain, difficulties in eating and breathing and eventual death. If I will be one of those cases, I would like to have the option of terminating my life before I have to suffer months of misery and pain. It is my life and my decision. The government or God has nothing to do with my decision on MY life so bud out.

MAKE DOCTOR ASSISTED SUICIDE LEGAL ON DEMAND for as long as the decision maker is mentally fine.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

8 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No. Make assisted suicide totally LEGAL on demand. 

I am diagnosed with stiffness of spine. In all cases it will have back pain and stiffness but in rare cases after many years, in old age it causes severe pain, difficulties in eating and breathing and eventual death. If I will be one of those cases, I would like to have the option of terminating my life before I have to suffer months of misery and pain. It is my life and my decision. The government or God has nothing to do with my decision on MY life so bud out.

MAKE DOCTOR ASSISTED SUICIDE LEGAL ON DEMAND for as long as the decision maker is mentally fine.

I agree in principle but there are two people involved in an assisted suicide and they both have to consent.