Trudeau: Conservatives want to take us backwards! Voters: Oh god YES PLEASE!!!!

https://torontosun.com/news/national/yes-please-trudeau-accuses-poilievre-of-wanting-to-take-canada-backwards

'YES, PLEASE!': Trudeau accuses Poilievre of wanting to ‘take Canada backwards’

“The Conservative Party under Pierre Poilievre has made it very, very clear that they want to take Canada backwards,” Trudeau declared. “All those ways and more.”

It seems, however, that Canadians would kill to go backwards and the Internet didn’t disappoint with their responses.

These were the ones that stood out:

“Backwards about 9-10 years would be f***ing beauty.”

“I’d love to go backwards to affordable groceries, housing, gas, etc.”

“Plz let’s go backwards to the good old non carbon tax days when life was affordable.”

“Back to lower cost of living; back to affordable housing; back to respect on the foreign stage; back to a nation that’s not divided; and back to common sense policies! This all sounds good to me. Let’s go back to the Harper days of prosperity!”

“If this bozo doesn’t lose in an absolute landslide, I’m talking the biggest electoral defeat in history, then I have lost all faith in democracy.”

“Back to the greatest country in the world? Yes please!”

LOL - yeah, i don't think running on '" Do you REALLY want to undo the damage i've done" is a great platform for him :)  I think a lot of Canadians regret the last 7 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope and wish. But...

I was already at that point in the last election, after seeing all the Blackface photos come out. I hoped that Canada would redeem itself by completely rejecting this disgusting, useless entitled fool, as to me he stands for everything that is un-Canadian. Right down to the blatant racism that he portrayed. Really he took Canada backwards, just as liars always call out someone else doing what they have actually done.

But I was wrong. Again...   🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I hope and wish. But...

I was already at that point in the last election, after seeing all the Blackface photos come out. I hoped that Canada would redeem itself by completely rejecting this disgusting, useless entitled fool, as to me he stands for everything that is un-Canadian. Right down to the blatant racism that he portrayed. Really he took Canada backwards, just as liars always call out someone else doing what they have actually done.

But I was wrong. Again...   🤷‍♂️

Sure.  And it's frustrating because there's a lot of people in the east who have no moral values and are happy to be lead by a corrupt and terrible person if he says how great the east is and pretends to care about climate change.

The difference now is it's no longer about morals. Now those same people are starting to go hungry. their children are being forced on to the streets if they don't move home. They're getting older and just discovered that it's now a 24 hour wait at emerg to get a bandaid.

The liberal voter is always happy to allow crime, corruption, moral and social decay as long as it doesn't hurt their pocketbook. When it inevitably does.... look out.

• Like 1

Hey guys thats a little unfair Justin has brought many things to the country...we have weed, did i mention weed....there is also limitless genders....we have 134 Lgbtq days of celbration....we have take a knee for black lives matter, lets not forget fossil fuels taxes at the pump, and at the manufacturer , i mean i love those....i also love our climate change plan...and now we have spent 50 bill plus for new battery plants to be built....i mean i could go on for days... the guy deserves not sure what to write here, maybe a liberal can finish it for me...I'm getting a little puke in my mouth

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, herbie said:

So in otherwords you agree with Trudeau on that. But you really do believe the future is back there somewhere.

Whose "otherwords". If they're yours, just add them to your usual word salad. 

Another word of advice, don't eat the salad unless watching a Back To The Future movie. All will be explained.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

“Backwards about 9-10 years would be f***ing beauty.”

“I’d love to go backwards to affordable groceries, housing, gas, etc.”

“Plz let’s go backwards to the good old non carbon tax days when life was affordable.”

“Back to lower cost of living; back to affordable housing; back to respect on the foreign stage; back to a nation that’s not divided; and back to common sense policies! This all sounds good to me. Let’s go back to the Harper days of prosperity!”

“If this bozo doesn’t lose in an absolute landslide, I’m talking the biggest electoral defeat in history, then I have lost all faith in democracy.”

“Back to the greatest country in the world? Yes please!”

😂

Love it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Trudeau accuses Poilievre of wanting to ‘take Canada backwards’

It is utterly disturbing as to the level of incompetence that Trudeau has, coupled with his sheer arrogance:

“Do we want to continue to fight climate change? Do we want to still continue to look at responsible partnerships, working together to solve big issues? Do we want to continue to work towards reconciliation as an explicit goal and a journey that Canada’s on?”

Wordy way of truly saying nothing. "Big issues". Like the ones you literally have created for far too long?

He's out of touch, lost touch with those he so call fought for.

Walk downtown any city in Canada. Drug addicts have spiked, homelessness has exploded. Housing is the reason so many are stuck in limbo. About that. It's also out of touch, and many Canadians who could afford a house pre-covid, are dreaming only about one now.

Something he's promised to fix. To ax homelessness 50%. To make housing affordable.

Tons of promises, no deliveries. Blames grocers for high prices, but refuses to look at his inflationary deficits.

Concrete is how Canadians now more than ever, can't afford things like they used to.

We used to be proud--he operates on shaming. United. Being Canadian was all about supporting each other. We're more divided than ever.

He's injected nothing but poison and toxicity. Incompetence, to boot.

Going back would be the best thing to happen to our country.

I couldn't hack another 4 years of him. I'd leave the country with the wife O_o

Put it this way. I know tons of Liberals who rant about him all the time.

I usually keep my politics to myself around people who I'm polar opposite on views, but I find myself having to do double takes on far left people I know, sounding like conservatives just utterly fed up with things now.

5 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

It is utterly disturbing as to the level of incompetence that Trudeau has, coupled with his sheer arrogance:

“Do we want to continue to fight climate change? Do we want to still continue to look at responsible partnerships, working together to solve big issues? Do we want to continue to work towards reconciliation as an explicit goal and a journey that Canada’s on?”

Wordy way of truly saying nothing. "Big issues". Like the ones you literally have created for far too long?

He's out of touch, lost touch with those he so call fought for.

Walk downtown any city in Canada. Drug addicts have spiked, homelessness has exploded. Housing is the reason so many are stuck in limbo. About that. It's also out of touch, and many Canadians who could afford a house pre-covid, are dreaming only about one now.

Something he's promised to fix. To ax homelessness 50%. To make housing affordable.

Tons of promises, no deliveries. Blames grocers for high prices, but refuses to look at his inflationary deficits.

Concrete is how Canadians now more than ever, can't afford things like they used to.

We used to be proud--he operates on shaming. United. Being Canadian was all about supporting each other. We're more divided than ever.

He's injected nothing but poison and toxicity. Incompetence, to boot.

Going back would be the best thing to happen to our country.

I couldn't hack another 4 years of him. I'd leave the country with the wife O_o

Put it this way. I know tons of Liberals who rant about him all the time.

I usually keep my politics to myself around people who I'm polar opposite on views, but I find myself having to do double takes on far left people I know, sounding like conservatives just utterly fed up with things now.

Well said. This is in fact where we're at.  I don't see it getting better either.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I don't see it getting better either.

I even hear many complaining about the medical system.

So many immigrant doctors chomping at the bit, but its so hard for them to become doctors here.

Nurses. Massive shortage. You would think some priority would be on bringing in skilled immigrants to bolster such jobs.

Allowing for them to take tests that ensure their skills are up to Canada's standard, and courses to fill those gaps in the skills.

It makes no logical sense to flood the market with people that don't fill critical roles, and not have the infrastructure to do a thing about it.

Then you inevitably deal with the unintended consequence. Disgruntled high skill immigrants that leave for better jobs elsewhere.

Trudeau is literally the Homer Simpson of politics.

Looks great for the camera, but literally is clueless.

"Hit any key"

(Homer, scanning his keyboard) I don't see no any key!! 

That literally is what Canada has elected.

Good on him. He fooled us. Canadians are aware, and want him gone. 

Trudeau and the Liberals have implemented a bad vision for this country.

The CPC has won the popular vote in the last 2 elections, so many Canadians have rejected the Liberal vision.  The CPC definitely isn't perfect but its time for a change in leadership and a plurality of Canadians agree with me both now according to all of the polls and and over the past 2 elections.

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trudeau and the Liberals have implemented a bad vision for this country.

I think that's true, but as with the "Positives with Trump" thread, there are positives with Trudeau's tenure also.

To my mind, a Poilievre government will be hampered from helping ordinary Canadians, because of the moneyed interests that they will need to serve.

What will it mean for interest rates, international trade agreements and so on?

It will be entertaining for sure.  I have my doubts that his supporters will hold him to the same standards that they have done for others.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I think that's true, but as with the "Positives with Trump" thread, there are positives with Trudeau's tenure also.

To my mind, a Poilievre government will be hampered from helping ordinary Canadians, because of the moneyed interests that they will need to serve.

It will be entertaining for sure.  I have my doubts that his supporters will hold him to the same standards that they have done for others.

Very little of that is accurate.

There is almost nothing positive from justin's time.  Dope, some would say and fair enough but really, there's not much else. Pretty much everything else got messed up. I'm legitimately trying to think of a significant positive and i honestly can't beyond dope.

If you have a few pls share, but i suspect they're going to be so minor as to be irrelevant or just simply not there.

Poilievre does not have any moneyd interests.  Seriously - who would that be exactly?  The vast vast vast majority of the money the CPC gets comes from donations from middle class people. They don't get money from big business.  They don't get money from unions. They don't get very much from rich people. They outfundraise the hell out of the other two parties by getting 100 - 300 dollar donations from regular folk.

So no. They're not going to be 'hampered' by imaginary "money interests".  They will have to appease their donors, which are the average middle class person.

As to the rest - it's not just hyperbole, it's  a literal actual fact that justin is responsible for almost all our issues and it's centered around a few of his policies. Reduce immigration, reduce gov't spending by about 3 percent from 2023 levels, cut a few taxes.  That will bring nearly instant relief and within a few months things will get better.  The real work begins at that point but yeah, there's a lot he can do in a short time to make things better.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

1. Very little of that is accurate.

2. There is almost nothing positive from justin's time.

3. Poilievre does not have any moneyd interests.

1. I count THREE points I made.  'Very little ' of three points is accurate?  I guess that's zero.

2. Point 1: there were some positives.  You say there were almost none, ergo there were some.  So you agree with me on 1 of my 3 points.

3. You seem to think that Canadian big businesses will not be an interest of Poilievre.  Ridiculous but - ok, one out of two.

Finally, I was entertained enough by your post to come off ignore and respond. That's because I was entertained.

So final score is 2/3.  Not very little. Most.

There is one very large point to be made.

The fact that Trudeau Liberals will be unceremoniously defeated will be an uplifting time for the majority of Canadians.

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I count THREE points I made.  'Very little ' of three points is accurate?  I guess that's zero.

Not true. It could be 0.5 or something. That's very little  :)   You're too sensitive sometimes.

2. Point 1: there were some positives.  You say there were almost none, ergo there were some.  So you agree with me on 1 of my 3 points.

I pointed out there was one.  Go ahead and name some of the others.  I'll wait.

3. You seem to think that Canadian big businesses will not be an interest of Poilievre.  Ridiculous but - ok, one out of two.

So if he has any interest in something he's beholden to it as you suggest he'll be with business.  Uh huh.  Childish, and zero for 2.

Finally, I was entertained enough by your post to come off ignore and respond. That's because I was entertained.

I don't think you really understand how ignore works. If you can see my posts enough to be entertained and 'come off it', you're not using ignore.  You're just not responding :) If you're actualy using ignore you'd never know my post was entertaining :)  

But happy to entertain you a bit :)    I mean, i point and laugh at you all the time so it's only fair.

I've never believed in the 'ignore' thing anyway. I think it's for mentally weak people who are intellectual cowards.  If you don't like a particular poster's content just skip over it.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

there are positives with Trudeau's tenure also.

"Free money" and weed, when you think of it aren't to be seen as positives. 

Nor are green initiatives, when none of the targets are remotely close to being but, yet Canadians take a hit whenever they fuel up their cars.

I am confused as to what he has done for Canada. I think people want him gone, due to what he has done to Canada.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

1. "Free money" and weed, when you think of it aren't to be seen as positives. 

2. Nor are green initiatives, when none of the targets are remotely close to being  

3. I am confused as to what he has done for Canada. I think people want him gone, due to what he has done to Canada.

1. Well you could write it also as... Providing funds for people during a pandemic, and removing an archaic prohibition against a relatively harmless drug.

2. Yeah that's fair, but is Poilievre going to solve the problem?

3. I'm sure if you went through it all you could find one or two things that are okay. Nobody is all bad. I even found a good number of Trump initiatives that are groundbreaking and or commendable.

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Providing funds for people during a pandemic

There's a balance between a helping hand and a hand out. He leapfrogged over that line, and spray painted over it.

Heck, even some Revenue Canada employees got to benefit.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

removing an archaic prohibition against a relatively harmless drug

I like how you try to make things sound wordy, but don't say much. He wanted to be the face of weed being legal. Thats literally his legacy, and freezing bank accounts and obtuse levels of government overreach for self inflicted crises.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah that's fair, but is Poilievre going to solve the problem?

He's a breath of fresh air. He is highly intelligent, competent, has common sense as he is pragmatic.

This alone makes him better for the job, plus he has way more government experience than Trudeau, so he would come in and have an awareness of what to do.

Most Canadians are sick and tired of being shamed to death by Trudeau.

PP brings hope. As a leader you must be a force of healing. Of hope. 

Why would someone hire someone who will just remind you as to how poorly you're doing as a person and how poorly we are doing as a country? 

23 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm sure if you went through it all you could find one or two things that are okay.

No, I honestly couldn't.

I received 122$ for the green incentive. I drive my car a lot for work. It just doesn't add up. My food costs, my rising fuel energy costs. 

122$ vs how much more am paying, is him hoping am bad at math.

I pay tons of taxes with this PM, it feels like, for people who just don't want to work.

I just don't see how I should be penalized for contributing to the economy.

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nobody is all bad.

He's charismatic, really good at evading questions. Doesn't seem to be allowed to use his own thoughts, so doesn't speak out of line, so is perfect for the elite.

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I even found a good number of Trump initiatives that are groundbreaking and or commendable.

Yet Trudeau dismisses him as alt+right or MAGA, and uses the same lazy words to describe PP, vs elaborating on why he is better.

He just divides, and has the nerve to criticize Trump who does the same.

I think Canadians are sick of his antics, and just want someone who will stop virtue signaling and just come in understanding he is there to serve us, and shut up and get to work.

I remember waaaaaay back in the day working a minimum wage job in a call center, as a means to get some money as a teen.

It was a high pressure job, where you got pulled aside daily, for a bad day, as we did fundraisers for crooked charities, yet our CEO drove a luxury car--go figure.

I still remember our manager coming in after two subpar days in a row.

Tears a strip off of everyone in his speech. 

Reminds us how we can all be replaced. How he is sick watching us f*** the dog. Pitiful.

Goes on like this for like 15 minutes. I saw energy in the call center as friends were chatting pre shift, and just dejected looks, and silence when his speech was done.

And he finishes with: "Ok guys, let's have a great night!"

Thats the best way of verbalizing the effect Trudeau has had on Canada.

11 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Both parties are corrupt and serve monied interests.  In the US it's legal and more out in the open.  In Canada it happens more under the table.

Yes the Trudeau gov has been bad, but like all governments not 100% bad.  But still "worst in my lifetime" bad.

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Yes the Trudeau gov has been bad, but like all governments not 100% bad.  But still "worst in my lifetime" bad.

You better HOPE it's worst in your lifetime bad - if anyone comes along that's worse than this we're toast.

People always say 'not 100 percent bad' but they can't actually point to anything they did that was good.

They mishandled cerb, completely blew the covid response where they had ONE job (get vaccines) managed to screw up immigration, the passport office, airports and a bunch of other services, spent tens of millions on an app that another company duplicated over a weekend for fun just to show how easy it was. Trashed our economy and trade, divided canadians, created massive inflation with immigration policy, racked up truly legendary deficits and debt, Has two convictions for unethical behavior, got a whole craptonne of people killed  with his 'mandatory parole release policy, ....

Wheres this big list of "good" things he did'? Dope annnnnddddddd.......  ?

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Wheres this big list of "good" things he did'? Dope annnnnddddddd.......  ?

He taxes the s*** out of workers like me, to give hand outs to people like a couple of my co-workers who quit during covid, welll past the vaccination point, because they didn't want to work.

Sooooooo many fraudulent cases, including Revenue Canada employees.

So he technically is the Robin Hood of politics. Take from those who work, make life unaffordable for those who can't, and give them crumbs so they rely on you in perpetuity. 

Turn on the pressure by admitting more asylum seekers than our systems can handle, oh--and 500 000 more newcomers who have no idea what they are getting into.

There. I gave you another. 

What do I win?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Both parties are corrupt and serve monied interests.  In the US it's legal and more out in the open.  In Canada it happens more under the table.

In the US it's legal and open. Okay.

I just googled Nancy Pelosi net worth and got 115 million, and Mitch McConnell net worth 54 million.

Canadian politicians aren't getting a 10th of that, no way. If you can find otherwise, let me know.

The green belt scandal in Ontario revealed that hundreds of thousands of dollars are going from contributors TO THE PARTY.  Not the individual politicians.

Our politicians are not as corrupt, period.