Electoral College -2024 -Trump loses -Biden wins

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

No worries. We’ve defeated Nazis before. A Democrat confined to a wheelchair did it, in four years. 

Hilarious...

"OMG! NAZIS!!! AHHH!!! WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!!!"

Do you have no integrity at all?

But sure...you and your collection of limp noodles will try to cheat in this year's election. But...the border crisis, the economy, the new wars, the Afghanistan surrender...all of the Libbie failures, are a steep hill you'll have to climb. And your leader can't climb hills...and your VP is a public joke.

So good luck with your limp accusations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

Deluge, 

I disagree.

There are several key States: 

Pennsylvania, Arizona, Wisconsin, Nevada, Georgia, Wisconsin, Minnesota.

Each of these states has a large urban center, certain counties.

=====

Unlike Nixon or Reagan, no Republican has any chance ever in NY and California. Since 2020, no Republican has any chance in Pennsylvania. 

It's OK. Even so-called moderates are getting sick of Biden's bullshit policies. Trump may win in a landslide. 

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Hilarious...

"OMG! NAZIS!!! AHHH!!! WE ALL GONNA DIIIEEE!!!"

But sure...you and your collection of limp noodles will try to cheat in this year's election. But...the border crisis, the economy, the new wars, the Afghanistan surrender...all of the Libbie failures, are a steep hill you'll have to climb. And your leader can't climb hills...and your VP is a public joke.

So good luck with your limp accusations.

I get it. Clinton beat Trump by four million votes, Biden beat him by seven million votes. You already know he’ll lose so you’re starting up your BS about election fraud so you have something to whine about when Trump loses once again. It won’t help.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I get it. Clinton beat Trump by four million votes, Biden beat him by seven million votes. You already know he’ll lose so you’re starting up your BS about election fraud so you have something to whine about when Trump loses once again. It won’t help.  

Then we are at an impasse. I'll meet you at the end...and we will see.

23 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Notice how "it was a democrat in a wheelchair" who defeated the nauseums, no credit to the thousands upon thousands of brave soldiers, military commanders who literally fought them.

A-historic revisionism is a lack of integrity, and possibly our worst enemy.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Notice how "it was a democrat in a wheelchair" who defeated the nauseums, no credit to the thousands upon thousands of brave soldiers, military commanders who literally fought them.

A-historic revisionism is a lack of integrity, and possibly our worst enemy.

Roosevelt was the Commander-in-Chief. Look at what a morass future Presidents had trying to lead American wars… Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Bush, they were all terrible at it.  Only Bush Senior knew what he was doing.  

Roosevelt did an extraordinary job. He got the B-17, B-27 and B-29 designed while the “America First” Republicans were coddling up to Hitler and pass legislation to stop America from preparing for war. And once we were in, Roosevelt mobilized war production like nothing ever seen in history.  You don’t know. We were building a ship almost every week… Henry Kaiser alone was launching new ships in as little as 4 1/2 days!  

Roosevelt managed to spend $2 billion building the atomic bomb in complete secrecy.  Congress and even his own VP didn’t know he was doing it, and that’s on top of everything else. He was the greatest leader America ever had.  There’s never been anything like him before or since. Ronald Reagan idolized the man. 

8 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Roosevelt was the Commander-in-Chief. Look at what a morass future Presidents had trying to lead American wars… Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Bush, they were all terrible at it.  Only Bush Senior knew what he was doing.  

Roosevelt did an extraordinary job. He got the B-17, B-27 and B-29 designed while the “America First” Republicans were coddling up to Hitler and pass legislation to stop America from preparing for war. And once we were in, Roosevelt mobilized war production like nothing ever seen in history.  You don’t know. We were building a ship almost every week… Henry Kaiser alone was launching new ships in as little as 4 1/2 days!  

Roosevelt managed to spend $2 billion building the atomic bomb in complete secrecy.  Congress and even his own VP didn’t know he was doing it, and that’s on top of everything else. He was the greatest leader America ever had.  There’s never been anything like him before or since. Ronald Reagan idolized the man. 

Yes I know. Greatest ever? I'll leave that determination to you Americans.

We know you people love your wars...   ;)  

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes I know. Greatest ever? I'll leave that determination to you Americans.

We know you people love your wars...   ;)  

Back then, Canada was our partner and ally. We didn’t have the MAGA dolts using the War of 1812 as an excuse to break a treaty.

Edited by Rebound

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Back then, Canada was our partner and ally. We didn’t have the MAGA dolts using the War of 1812 as an excuse to break a treaty.

I would rather Canada was a strong ally of the US, and the UK, rather than what we have become now. 

Having said that, Canada is 'assisting' the US / UK in bombing the heck out of skinny-legged brown men in Yemen, so there's that.

Hooray for Dixie!   ;) 

52 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Back then...not even you would have accepted this failed presidency of biden's.

You have a mental illness called TDS. It forces you to lie and cheat.

3 hours ago, Rebound said:

LOL - there's a fair bit of revisionist history there :)  He had nothing to do with the bombers at all and in fact the B-17 was an abject failure for it's intended mission which was an anti shipping role, not a land bomber role.  It was useless as a naval bomber.  It was repurposed as a land bomber and of course went on to glory in that role but FDR had nothing to do with that.  And it had nothing to do with 'america first republicans' getting in the way or the like.

And no, he had virtually nothing to do with 'revolutionizing' military production.  About all he did was wrote the cheque,  there was no 'project lightspeed' done by FDR to build ships. That was all done by the capitalist industries themselves.  The US already had the capacity, there wasn't anything revolutionary about it, they just started running three shifts and took on more people.  Japan noted long before the war that the us's existing manufacturing capability was staggering, and that they'd only have 6 months to run amock before the us started producing more than enough ships to challege them and then it would be all over so they had to win in that time.

I mean, he did fine. He wasn't bad or anything. But you're giving him a lot of credit for stuff he had nothing to do with.

You can give him credit for the bomb, Fair enough. He did pull that off and played a significant role there.

36 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - there's a fair bit of revisionist history there :)  He had nothing to do with the bombers at all and in fact the B-17 was an abject failure for it's intended mission which was an anti shipping role, not a land bomber role.  It was useless as a naval bomber.  It was repurposed as a land bomber and of course went on to glory in that role but FDR had nothing to do with that.  And it had nothing to do with 'america first republicans' getting in the way or the like.

And no, he had virtually nothing to do with 'revolutionizing' military production.  About all he did was wrote the cheque,  there was no 'project lightspeed' done by FDR to build ships. That was all done by the capitalist industries themselves.  The US already had the capacity, there wasn't anything revolutionary about it, they just started running three shifts and took on more people.  Japan noted long before the war that the us's existing manufacturing capability was staggering, and that they'd only have 6 months to run amock before the us started producing more than enough ships to challege them and then it would be all over so they had to win in that time.

I mean, he did fine. He wasn't bad or anything. But you're giving him a lot of credit for stuff he had nothing to do with.

You can give him credit for the bomb, Fair enough. He did pull that off and played a significant role there.

Go back to Canada cause you don’t know a thing about America’s war mobilization. 

How come Canada didn’t design a bunch of bombers before the war? Because the Canadian government didn’t fund their development. Boeing and Lockheed didn’t develop those planes for free. They had to be funded. 

But the mobilization was far beyond any scope your teeny brain can conceive.  FDR mobilized every part of our economy to build products for war.  He implemented strict rationing of all goods (imagine a Republican telling people they can’t buy car tires because the airplanes need the rubber!). He had a sewing machine company manufacturing bombsights. The Oakland Army Base, which fed all the goods into the Pacific, was built nearly overnight and was massive beyond measure.  It’s still there, dwarfing the Port of Oakland which operating today.  

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Go back to Canada cause you don’t know a thing about America’s war mobilization. 

Awwww :)  Uneducated Democrat is triggered!!! LOL  Poor little guy, have a cookie and a nap, you'll be fine :)  

I take it you were there and watched it personally? No? and you know more... why?

Oh - and boeing at the time had it's major airfeild across the border in Canada not far from where i grew up.  So i live closer to where much of the development testing went on than you did  :)   doesn't really make a difference tho.

BTW - Crying and begging me to go home and leave you alone is not a good look.  Just man up.

How come Canada didn’t design a bunch of bombers before the war? Because the Canadian government didn’t fund their development. Boeing and Lockheed didn’t develop those planes for free. They had to be funded. 

They did develop them for free.  They didn't have to be funded - they had to be purchased.  And that's how it' works - the gov't put out a specification - they said "hey everyone - we need to buy new bombers. Our old ones are junk. We have some ideas about what we want to do so here's the minimum spec's - whomever wins will get a purchase order. "

Well now it's worth spending some money on design. So some manufaturers came up with designs and presented them at their own expense.

Boeing took a design they'd been working on for a new bomber and added some features from a new civillian plane they were working on and lo and behold, the b-17 prototype was born. No cost ot the gov't :). Most gov'ts around the world worked that way. 

Look at that - not even an american and i still know more than you :)

But the mobilization was far beyond any scope your teeny brain can conceive.  FDR mobilized every part of our economy to build products for war.  He implemented strict rationing of all goods (imagine a Republican telling people they can’t buy car tires because the airplanes need the rubber!). He had a sewing machine company manufacturing bombsights. The Oakland Army Base, which fed all the goods into the Pacific, was built nearly overnight and was massive beyond measure.  It’s still there, dwarfing the Port of Oakland which operating today.  

No, it was about what you'd expect. Nothing miraculous about it.  Maybe YOUR brain has a tough time with it but most others do not.

Like I said - Yamamoto already noted it specifically loudly and clearly long before the war started. America's industrial power is "awesome" and he called it a sleeping dragon that could easily be kicked into high gear and produce massive war materials.

Sorry - if you thought it was some sort of astounding miracle it wasn't.  All the gov't had to say is "we'll buy it - now you better build it" and the american industrial complex kicked into high gear and recruited every able bodied person not going to war  - so we got 'rosie the riveter' and all that fun :) 

On 1/27/2024 at 10:48 AM, Deluge said:

It's OK. Even so-called moderates are getting sick of Biden's bullshit policies. Trump may win in a landslide. 

Thread drift ahead. (Or thread return to OP.)

There are 6 or 7 "battleground" states: Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota.

Each of these states has critical urban counties. And each state allows send-out ballots, mail-in votes.

(In Canada, these ballots are like our census forms.)

=====

IMHO, Trump will not win any of these 7 states.

3 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Thread drift ahead. (Or thread return to OP.)

There are 6 or 7 "battleground" states: Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota.

Each of these states has critical urban counties. And each state allows send-out ballots, mail-in votes.

(In Canada, these ballots are like our census forms.)

=====

IMHO, Trump will not win any of these 7 states.

I get what you're saying, comrade. But Biden is too weak to carry all of those states. We've seen four years of his bullshit, and America will not put up with another 4 years of his bullshit. Trump will carry about 4 of those states. 

2 hours ago, Deluge said:

I get what you're saying, comrade. But Biden is too weak to carry all of those states. We've seen four years of his bullshit, and America will not put up with another 4 years of his bullshit. Trump will carry about 4 of those states. 

You miss my point.

These six/seven states are now like, uh, Illinois - with Chicago.

======

When was the last time a Republican won the overall, popular vote? Nixon in 1972?

To be president in 2025, Trump must win with margins like Reagan.

Reagan won Illinois in 1980 and 1984.

Edited by August1991

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

You miss my point.

These six/seven states are now like, uh, Illinois - with Chicago.

======

When was the last time a Republican won the overall, popular vote? Nixon in 1972?

To be president in 2025, Trump must win with margins like Reagan.

Reagan won Illinois in 1980 and 1984.

No, based on recent polling if you eliminate the states polling solidly red or blue and go to the 'battle states' the following 12 combinations give trump a victory. He just needs one (click for larger image)

image.thumb.png.832aa2d3c9074ea50b87760af03e23c9.png

https://www.270towin.com/road-to-270-combinations/?mapstr=42201111140142122221130322262251301421012224231102216452&party=R&year=2024

The dems have 9 possible combinations for victory.

image.thumb.png.3e9e2379b007190ed71af60755d50c1e.png

All of those states are polling close enough that they could go either way.

Right now the republicans have more and better paths to victory than the dems.  Having said that, either side only needs to make one work to win.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

====

All of those states are polling close enough that they could go either way.

Right now the republicans have more and better paths to victory than the dems.  Having said that, either side only needs to make one work to win.

Look again at critical county votes in these 6/7 States.

In 2020, the Dems discovered kryptonite.

======

I reckon that deSantis - he won Florida - could have organised.

Trump? His people don't understand, are clueless, how complicated this is.

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Look again at critical county votes in these 6/7 States.

In 2020, the Dems discovered kryptonite.

======

I reckon that deSantis - he won Florida - could have organised.

Trump? His people don't understand, are clueless, how complicated this is.

Sigh.  I don't think you understand politics or how the us elections work.  Sorry to waste everyone's time replying and assuming you did.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Sigh.  I don't think you understand politics or how the us elections work.  Sorry to waste everyone's time replying and assuming you did.

True. In the mind of young urban American progressives, they are simply helping another person to do what the person would do. 

Nothing illegal. It was once called: "Registering, get out the vote." 

Since 2020, the Dems discovered kryptonite