Electoral College -2024 -Trump loses -Biden wins

15 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Right right.....  these "chances"  -  are they in the room with you right now?

To win the Georgia and Michigan electoral delegates, Trump must win hugely in each county elsewhere - or organise voting in the urban counties.

Edited by August1991

19 minutes ago, August1991 said:

To win the Georgia and Michigan electoral delegates, Trump must win hugely in each county elsewhere - or organise voting in the urban counties.

Uh huh, uh huh.  Could he possibly do it if he won Bigly instead? I hear that's more his thing.

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Uh huh, uh huh.  Could he possibly do it if he won Bigly instead? I hear that's more his thing.

Do the numbers. Look at the key counties.

Nevada, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia. Pennsylvania.

Who decides whether mail-in, drop-off ballots in key counties are accepted?

=====

IMHO, Trump has zero chance of winning.

Edited by August1991

11 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Do the numbers. Look at the key counties.

Nevada, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia. Pennsylvania.

Who decides whether mail-in, drop-off ballots in key counties are accepted?

=====

IMHO, Trump has zero chance of winning.

Sure sure. Well we'll see won't we.  You will either confirm you are politically very astute if he doesn't win any of those, or that you are the biggest !diot on the face of the planet with fewer brains than god gave a deceased vole who had to drop out of Vole Jr High because it was too difficult.

l.

11 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure sure. Well we'll see won't we.

Agreed.

But Trump did nothing between 2016 and 2018.

Then, Trump lost the House in 2018, lost in 2020 and there was no Red Wave in 2022.

====

I tend to agree with Coulter. Trump is a blowhard.

As Christie and deSantis have said, he's a smart Brooklyn real estate developer.

Edited by August1991

9 minutes ago, August1991 said:

Agreed.

But Trump did nothing between 2016 and 2018.

Then, Trump lost the House in 2018, lost in 2020 and there was no Red Wave in 2022.

====

I tend to agree with Coulter. Trump is a blowhard.

As Christie and deSantis have said, he's a smart Brooklyn real estate developer.

Trump didn't run in those elections. And biden wasn't the opponent in those elections.

We'll see.  As i've said many times it will come down to the campain, and trump is not a great campaigner. But biden can't hide in his basement this time.

57 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Not to look forward too much.. but in 2028, what are certain liberal types going to do when Trump is not on the front page? It is going to leave quite a void in their life. Their daily obsession with Trump will look silly being as he will not be running. 

The next guy will be "Just as bad if not worse". That will be their slogan. Doesnt' matter who it is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

The next guy will be "Just as bad if not worse". That will be their slogan. Doesnt' matter who it is

Maybe. I do not see the logic in holding on to the past. If I was a trump supporter.. win or lose, I would move on. Look in the rear view mirror too much and you crash into something in front of you. I can see two posters on here harping on about Trump until their fingers can no longer type. 30 years from now, they will still go on about how Trump did this or did that. This obsessive behavior IMO is not limited to liberals though. I know conservative folks who still go on about Al Gore being a sore loser. 

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Maybe. I do not see the logic in holding on to the past. If I was a trump supporter.. win or lose, I would move on. Look in the rear view mirror too much and you crash into something in front of you. I

Your particular level of sagacity may not be representative of the average american voter :)

can see two posters on here harping on about Trump until their fingers can no longer type. 30 years from now, they will still go on about how Trump did this or did that. This obsessive behavior IMO is not limited to liberals though. I know conservative folks who still go on about Al Gore being a sore loser. 

Well some of it's just rooting for the home team.  But i think the debate is the fun part for many.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Your particular level of sagacity may not be representative of the average american voter :)

Well some of it's just rooting for the home team.  But i think the debate is the fun part for many.

I equate it to being a Calgary Flames fan.. Ok, cool you won a Stanley Cup in the late 80's. That's awesome. But that was 30+ years ago. Time to move on, now

5 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I equate it to being a Calgary Flames fan.. Ok, cool you won a Stanley Cup in the late 80's. That's awesome. But that was 30+ years ago. Time to move on, now

HERETIC!!!!!  Speak not ill of the holy flames, least the hockey gods smite thee!!!!!   Oh Lord Stanley, say the word and this unbeliever shall be smoted!  Smitten? Smited or smoulder..sm..   i will kill you right in the face!  see if i don't.  You puck-wad!

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2024 at 1:12 AM, CdnFox said:

Trump didn't run in those elections. And biden wasn't the opponent in those elections.

We'll see.  As i've said many times it will come down to the campain, and trump is not a great campaigner. But biden can't hide in his basement this time.

Disagree. Trump is a great campaigner. But he will lose.

The Democrats are far better at collecting, harvesting ballots in a Covid world where some people help other people to vote.

In several key states, in several key urban counties, the Dems will win.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan. Because of urban staged voting, all will go Democratic.

=====

OTOH, the Republicans may win a majority in the Senate.

IMHO, Trump has no chance to win. I am more curious to see what happens in the federal Senate.

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

The Democrats are far better at collecting, harvesting ballots in a Covid world where some people help other people to vote.

In several key states, in several key urban counties, the Dems will win.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan. Because of urban staged voting, all will go Democratic.

=====

OTOH, the Republicans may win a majority in the Senate.

IMHO, Trump has no chance to win. I am more curious to see what happens in the federal Senate.

Your belief that a massive system, with oversight from both parties, can be corrupted like this is mind-boggling given the wisdom you post here otherwise. 

Do you really think that Republicans are so stupid that they couldn't fix this?

No, this is just Trump relying on the natural suspicion of the establishment to gin up support.

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

We've already estabished that your understanding of politics and political campaigns is very low at best.  So it's undrestandable you'd think he's a good campaigner.  He isn't.

His campaign against hillary was at best barely mediocre. What saved him is hers was worse, she REALLY sucked.

His campaign against biden was poor. He misread the room and let biden get away with his vanishing act

He's not a great campaigner.  He runs on personality and emotion alone and that only gets you so far.

Of course - he has got two campaigns under his belt now so he's got more experience.  He may do better this time. But compared to a real campaigner like obama (which was all he was good for) he's just not up to the same standard.

As to whether or not he'll lose - if he loses against biden that will be cast iron proof he's a bad campaigner.  Biden is very beatable.

There won't be any to harvest this time. That was a covid thing. They won't be doing the mass mail outs this time around as far as i've heard.

In several key states, in several key urban counties, the Dems will win. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, Michigan. Because of urban staged voting, all will go Democratic.

well i guess we'll see.

On 4/12/2024 at 6:45 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Your belief that a massive system, with oversight from both parties, can be corrupted like this is mind-boggling given the wisdom you post here otherwise. 

Do you really think that Republicans are so stupid that they couldn't fix this?

No, this is just Trump relying on the natural suspicion of the establishment to gin up support.

For many years, the Republicans have lost urban counties in California, Illinois and New York.

These counties belong to Democrats - and the Democrats get the electoral votes.

Why? How?

====

In Canada, we vote in person - show who we are, scrutineers check: one ballot, we check one name behind a screen

In the US, voting is different.

Americans have zillions of names on a ballot. They can even write a name on the ballot.

They have to register before voting.

Americans have to vote every November or in primaries.

On 4/12/2024 at 12:01 PM, CdnFox said:

There won't be any to harvest this time. That was a covid thing. They won't be doing the mass mail outs this time around as far as i've heard.

Disagree. 2024 will be no different.

Biden will win the key counties in the swing states - and he'll be re-elected.

=====

OTOH, I think that the Dems will lose the federal Senate.

I reckon that it will be 52-48 - so Kamala's vote will not matter.

5 hours ago, August1991 said:

For many years, the Republicans have lost urban counties in California, Illinois and New York.

These counties belong to Democrats - and the Democrats get the electoral votes.

1. Why? How?

====

2. In Canada, we vote in person - show who we are, scrutineers check: one ballot, we check one name behind a screen

3. In the US, voting is different.

Americans have zillions of names on a ballot. They can even write a name on the ballot.

They have to register before voting.

Americans have to vote every November or in primaries.

1. Are you really asking why specific types of jurisdictions are attracted to one party or the other? Would you say it's possibly a conspiracy that Alberta never votes? Liberal? Of course not. There are always specific geographic areas where the people feel that a party does not speak to them, and the vote goes elsewhere. 

2. Curious, I looked up whether Canada has mail-in ballots. It seems that we do. 

https://www.elections.ca/Voting-by-mail

3. The systems are different, however the US system has audits and oversight by both parties. Parties. How could it ever have worked that one party tricked the other into an advantage in 50 cases in 50 states.  Example:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2021/02/12/michigan-election-audit-presidential-results/6738200002/

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Are you really asking why specific types of jurisdictions are attracted to one party or the other? Would you say it's possibly a conspiracy that Alberta never votes? Liberal? Of course not. There are always specific geographic areas where the people feel that a party does not speak to them, and the vote goes elsewhere. 

2. Curious, I looked up whether Canada has mail-in ballots. It seems that we do. 

https://www.elections.ca/Voting-by-mail

3. The systems are different, however the US system has audits and oversight by both parties. Parties. How could it ever have worked that one party tricked the other into an advantage in 50 cases in 50 states.  Example:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2021/02/12/michigan-election-audit-presidential-results/6738200002/

We absolutely do have mail in ballots and have for as long as i can remember - but you do have to go through a process to get one.  They're usually reserved for people who will not be in country to vote, either living abroad or serving abroad in some cases etc, but anyone can go through the process and request one.

However - during covid in the states many just took their voter lists and mailed out balltots.  Those lists can be obtained and that allowed the well orgnaized democrats to target people, and also some people would get multiple ballots and some people who were dead  or moved would have ballots show up and people could 'harvest' them.

It was a million times easier to commit fraud and mess with the vote  and trump lost some of those races where this was happening by only 10 thousand votes or more -  which means that there absolutely could have been voter fraud and it would have gone undetected.

That's the problem with the way they did it . But i understand they're going back to having to request a ballot to get one.  If that's the case - it's much harder to do fraud.

On 1/19/2024 at 9:04 PM, August1991 said:

Do the numbers. Trump has no chance: Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Pennsylvania.

Look at the key counties and how they vote.

These counties are like California, Illinois and NY.

====

Pelosi is correct.

This dude does the numbers and he's got Trump winning, which makes sense: Joe Biden is a f*ckup who needs a rest home, now. 

On 4/13/2024 at 10:45 PM, August1991 said:

Disagree. 2024 will be no different.

Biden will win the key counties in the swing states - and he'll be re-elected.

=====

OTOH, I think that the Dems will lose the federal Senate.

I reckon that it will be 52-48 - so Kamala's vote will not matter.

No he won't. Most Americans know the country's survival's at stake. Trump will win out of cold, hard, necessity.